query a table and subform

Help,
I have 3 tables
1. Printer table: printerID, ModelID, SerialNum, MACAdd
2. Toner table: TonerID, ModelID, PartName
3. Invoice table: InvoiceID, Date, Qty, PrinterID, TonerID
How can I pull up toners based on the printerID in Invoice table? I set the
TonerID as a combo box, Could anyone help me with the query that i need. The
inovoice table actual is a subform under printer in the Form. so when I
choose the printer from the main form the subform printerID changes
accordingly, I just don't know how to generate a list of toner for user to
choose based on the printer or model.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Timer for Queries?

Erratic results from query criteria

Update Query ?

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

Matching data in tables
I have two tables of data, some of the rows are duplicated in these tables i want to find the data that is different. will an advanced filter do this? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Jo Davis wrote: > > I have two tables of data, some of the rows are duplicated in these tables i > want to find the data that is different. > > will an advanced filter do this? -- Dave Peterson Cheers Dave "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: >...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

Excel 2002 Pivot Table Protection
I've been playing around with protecting my pivot table - so far, I can't get it quite right. What I'm hoping to do is allow users to refresh the pivot table and update any of the "page" dimensions, but NOT allow anyone to pivot or manipulate the row and column dimensions. Is this possible? You could use programming to restrict the pivot table use. For example: '========================================= Sub RestrictPivotTableExceptPage() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) With pt .EnableWizard = False .EnableDril...

pass through query

Removing a field From a Pivot Table
I'm working with a pvt table in excel. Right now there are several fields in the pvt table, including the month different entries are made and the account that made them. When i hit the show detail button in the pivot table i get the detail all of the entries grouped by month and by account on a separate sheet. I want to continue to do this, but i want to also be able to get a second view where i hit the show detail button and only see the detail grouped my account (month is either hidden or totally removed from this list of data in the pvt table and the rows that composed the different...

Pivot Table Summary Error?
Greetings, Sorry, wasn't sure which subforum to post this in, as there's nothing dedicated to pivot table. My dilemma is as follows: I have a spreadsheet where data is entered daily. For my example, just imagine a spreadsheet with three columns: date, date, delay. Two date columns are used for the pivot table. The pivot table is displayed with month and weekly ranges as the row headers. There is a field in the pivot table that is summarized as a MAX of one of the source data columns. Now, the problem I am coming across is the monthly summary MAX is not c...

a count field in a query?

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Link Drop Down list with Pivot Table
Hi I'm using MS Excel 2003 and need a solution regarding link my drop down list with my pivot table. Query : I have created a drop down list in which month can be selected and wanted to link with pivot table in which month wise team count is displayed for a selected month. Presently I'm drag n drop the month in pivot table and its shows the count. But this exercise I have to do every time when I need the report. Is it possible that I have select the month from my drop down list (created in same sheet) and pivot table shows the data related to that month. Ple...

updating records in subform
Hi, I have my main form frm_bundlelog with a subform frm_bundledocs linked by the BundleNo and Bundle# fields. I have a button btnupdate on my form that when I click on it, it would update the AssignedToSub field on my subform with the value of the AssignedTo field that is on the main form. I have teh following code: Private Sub btnupdate_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnupdate_Click Forms!frm_bundlelog!AssignedTo = Forms!frm_bundledocs!AssignedToSub Exit_btnupdate_Click: Exit Sub Err_btnupdate_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_btnupdate_Click End Sub This is...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Location of Grand Total in Pivot table
Is the a way to show the Grand total next to the selected Field as opposed to the right now column ( I am using a file that had data results by Date)? You can not move the grand totals. They is where they is and that's where they stays... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Rosemary" wrote: > Is the a way to show the Grand total next to the selected Field as opposed to > the right now column ( I am using a file that had data results by Date)? ...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

access tables
The data base I'm using is taking a long time to tables and subtables. Does anyone have any suggestions?-- N/A Hi Greg,are your tables linked?if so, it is good to open a table or a recordset to one of the linked tables while you are workingWarm Regards,Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) *MVP AccessRemote Programming and Trainingstrive4peace2006 at yahoo.com *Greg wrote:> The data base I'm using is taking a long time to tables and subtables. Does > anyone have any suggestions? I would reccomend not using MDB for anything. It isn't fast enoughfor real world use.Ac...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

Sorting Cube dimension names in a Pivot Table
How do I get the dimension names in the "pivot table field list" sorted by the translated names? The pivot table field list contains: - one measure-node - one dimension node for each cube-dimension. The cube-dimension-nodes are represented by their translated names. It looks like, this names are not sorted by this translated names, but by the order of the data source. The related radio-buttons in the pivot-table-options are greyed ("A to Z" and "sort by data source"). I would need the "A" to "Z" order. Pleas notice! I...

group by query trouble
I'm trying to run a query that counts the number of people with hemoglobin of type SS, type SC, and then all others. There are about 12 different kinds of types. Basically I want a count for SS, a count for SC, and then a count that totals all the others into one count. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm using group by for the SS and SC which works great, but I'm not sure how to tell it to add up the others. I'm not a big fan of nested IIf statements, but this should work after you put in the proper field and table names: SELECT IIf([Hemoglobin]="SC","SC&...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

Adding a new record with a reference to another table
Not sure if this is a 'Query' question or a database design question but hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction. I have a database with 3 tables, Roles, Targets and Actions, defined as follows: tblTargets ========== TargetID (AutoNum, PK) TargetText (Text) tblRoles ======== RoleID (AutoNum, PK) RoleText (Text, unique index) tblActions ========== ActionID (AutoNum, PK) RoleID (Integer) TargetID (Integer) ActionText (Text) TargetID+RoleID = Unique index For each Target there may be several combinations of Roles/Actions. I'd like to be able to crea...

attach a file to a subform
Hi, I would like to add a button (outside of the subform) or a double click on text box (inside a subform) to add an attachement (pdf, word, excel). I was told i can use the OLE Object, but I could make it work. thanks in advance -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 I meant I could not make it work ielmrani wrote: >Hi, >I would like to add a button (outside of the subform) or a double click on >text box (inside a subform) to add an attachement (pdf, word, excel). I was >told i can use the OLE Object, but...