Queries 06-01-10

I need help with this , it will not run, am i missing something.

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Call Sheet5.getvalues
      Call Sheet5.SortRange1
End Sub
Sub getvalues()
lr = Application.Max(2, Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row)
'MsgBox lr
Rows("2:" & lr).ClearContents
With Worksheets("Automated RAC")
slr = .Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row
    'MsgBox slr
    For L = 2 To slr
      dlr = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row + 1
    ' If .Cells(L, "L") =jone and not .cells(f, "F") = "Closed" Then
..Rows(f).Copy Rows(dlr)
    If .Cells(L, "l") = jones Then .Rows(F).Copy Rows(dlr)
    Next L
End With
End Sub
Sub SortRange1()

End Sub
Sub Fixit1() 'Use if event macro stops working
 Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

--
Sherry

Timer for Queries?

Erratic results from query criteria

Outlook Express 04-19-10
Outlook Express is placing an inbound email directly into the Deleted Items folder, but only email from a specific sender, it is not going into a spam folder, this is the Outlook Express version that shipped with Microsoft Office 2003. Can anyone help? Outlook Express does not ship with an Office program. It is not related to Office. This is an Outlook newsgroup. You should ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD71DF0C-ACBB-42BA-8336-4FD3ACC49BD9@microsoft.com... : Outlook Express is placing an inbo...

Question 10-10-03
How can I designate the firt row on a Excell Sheet to stay at the top of the document while I scroll up and down the document? Thanks ...

Update Query ?

GP 10 Home Page + Outlook + Citrix Server = CRASH!
We're in the QA phase of an upgrade to Dynamics GP V10 from V8SP5 and we've encountered a problem with the Home Page. If the Outlook section is visible, Dynamics GP will crash during the rendering of the Home Page with an error referencing dxtrans.dll. I have checked versions of this dll with a known to be working workstation and found no differences. I suspect there is an issue with way IE is configured (or operates) in Server 2003. For now we've removed the Outlook section of the Home Page and are proceeding with our QA testing. This question was originally posted by ...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

Flash 10 OCX update causing System Error crash in vb6 IDE
Hi All Has anybody else experienced problems when using flash ocx controls in your VB6 app since the latest Adobe flash player update came out?? I **think** I was on v. 10e and everything was rosey, a little message appeared on PC startup saying do you want to update your flash player, clicked yes and then all my bloody vb6/flash apps stopped working!!! You can't save any changes to the code when a form has the flash ocx component in the form. It keeps crashing with a System Error. I'd kept the flash standalone installer for v10e, but couldn't even reinstall ...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

pass through query

a count field in a query?

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

Formula needed 01-22-10
Hi I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! Krissy wrote: > Hi > I need a formula that will look in one column range for a certain value and > for another value in another column range and when they are both found in the > same row, will count the number of occurances. Help!!!! http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Omit the "values to be summed". =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2...

group by query trouble
I'm trying to run a query that counts the number of people with hemoglobin of type SS, type SC, and then all others. There are about 12 different kinds of types. Basically I want a count for SS, a count for SC, and then a count that totals all the others into one count. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm using group by for the SS and SC which works great, but I'm not sure how to tell it to add up the others. I'm not a big fan of nested IIf statements, but this should work after you put in the proper field and table names: SELECT IIf([Hemoglobin]="SC","SC&...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

Dynamic Query
Hi! I am trying to dynamically modify my pass-through query containing a procedure call with 2 parameters. When I run my access app, I get this error: "Object or provider is not capable of performing reuqested operation." Below is my access code: Dim varItem As Variant Dim strSQL As String Dim cat As ADOX.Catalog Dim cmd As ADODB.Command Dim strMyDate As String, dtMyDate As Date dtMyDate = CDate([Forms]![ySalesHistory]![Start Date]) strMyDate = Format(dtMyDate, "yyyymmdd") strSQL = "procCustomerSalesandPayments '" & s...

Linking tables in a query
I have a database that contains information on a certain number of individuals during different session. Table 1 'tbl_Tracking_Form1' has information on sessions 2,4 and 6. Table 2 'tbl_Tracking_Form2' has information on sessions 1,3 and 5. Table 3 'tbl_General_Info' has demographic information on all the individuals (those who will eventually attentd sessions 1,2,3,5,5 and 6). I need to create two reports. One (Report1) should display all the information on the individuals during session 2, 4 and 6 and another(Report2) that displays all the information on the i...

Query in Access 2007
I have linked via ODBC tables from another database. I have created a query to pull in two columns of information from the two tables in the query. I would like to add an extra column that is only created when the query is run, to dynamically number each row incrementally, depending on how many rows the query returns. If it returns 10 rows, then the first column should be numbered 1 to 10, if it returns 357 rows, then the rows should automatically incrementally number each from from 1 to 357. Try this but substitute your table and field names. Prim is your primary key. This can o...

SendObject 03-01-10
I have code in a form that opens a report and sends it to an email recipient. I use: DoCmd.SendObject _ acSendReport, _ Me.ReportCalled, _ me.ReportTypeDesc, _ Me.EmailAddress, _ , _ , _ Me.EmailSubject, _ Me.EmailMessage, _ This code generates an error saying the output type is invalid. Me.ReportTypeDesc is set to acFormatRTF. I verified this in debug mode. When I change the code to: DoCmd.SendObject _ acSendReport, _ Me.ReportCalled, _ acFormatRTF, _ Me.Emai...

web query query!
Hi All I've developed a worksheet that retrieves external data from a web page (stocks & shares info). At the moment I display the data at a certain cell in the worksheet so other cells in the sheet can calculate values of my shares. As I don't need the all the external data to be viewed (I only need one column of values), is there a way to extract the data I need from the web query without displaying it all in the worksheet? Thanks in advance Dave ...

query question
I want to be able to run a query i guess to populate the additional information fields in the customer properties. I sell certain items that have warranties and serial numbers and would like the product name (or discription) to display on the first field the date of purchase on the second feild, and the serial # on the third field. I would like to be able to run this query i guess on a weekly bases and be able to run t for all of my past sales as well. Victor ...