Quarterly Restriction

I'm trying to edit the following query that restricts a date field to the
current month, to restrict to the current quarter, any ideas?

>=DateSerial(Year(DateAdd("m",-1,Date())),Month(DateAdd("m",-1,Date())),1) And <DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)

Leviathan

In design view add another field to the grid like this ---
Year_QTR:  Format([YourDateField], "yyyyq")
In the criteria row put this ---
     Format(Date(), "yyyyq")

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Leviathan via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> I'm trying to edit the following query that restricts a date field to the
> current month, to restrict to the current quarter, any ideas?
>
> >=DateSerial(Year(DateAdd("m",-1,Date())),Month(DateAdd("m",-1,Date())),1) And <DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)

Unfortunately, I can't use this consistently because we run this report for
the previous month... so if I run it early January for Oct - Dec., it'd
restrict to Jan. - Mar.

KARL DEWEY wrote:
>In design view add another field to the grid like this ---
>Year_QTR:  Format([YourDateField], "yyyyq")
>In the criteria row put this ---
>     Format(Date(), "yyyyq")
>
>> I'm trying to edit the following query that restricts a date field to the
>> current month, to restrict to the current quarter, any ideas?
>>
>> >=DateSerial(Year(DateAdd("m",-1,Date())),Month(DateAdd("m",-1,Date())),1) And <DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date()),1)

Leviathan
12/10/2007 9:45:38 PM
Your words were "to restrict to the current quarter" so that is what I did.
If you want the previous 3 months then try this --
  Between  DateAdd("m",-3, (Date() - Day(Date()))+1 AND (Date() - Day(Date()))

This subtract the current day of month from today resulting in  the last dat
of last month.  For 3 months prior it adds one day to give the first of month
annd then subtracts 3 months.

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Leviathan via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Unfortunately, I can't use this consistently because we run this report for
> the previous month... so if I run it early January for Oct - Dec., it'd
> restrict to Jan. - Mar.
>
> KARL DEWEY wrote:
> >In design view add another field to the grid like this ---
> >Year_QTR:  Format([YourDateField], "yyyyq")
> >In the criteria row put this ---
> >     Format(Date(), "yyyyq")
> >
> >> I'm trying to edit the following query that restricts a date field to the
> >> current month, to restrict to the current quarter, any ideas?

Sorry for the confusion, thanks.

KARL DEWEY wrote:
>Your words were "to restrict to the current quarter" so that is what I did.
>If you want the previous 3 months then try this --
>  Between  DateAdd("m",-3, (Date() - Day(Date()))+1 AND (Date() - Day(Date()))
>
>This subtract the current day of month from today resulting in  the last dat
>of last month.  For 3 months prior it adds one day to give the first of month
>annd then subtracts 3 months.
>
>> Unfortunately, I can't use this consistently because we run this report for
>> the previous month... so if I run it early January for Oct - Dec., it'd
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

Leviathan
12/11/2007 4:09:03 PM
One other issue...

The query below works if it's the beginning of a new quarter, but I would
also need to calculate for current quarter if it is not the beginning of a
new quarter.

In other words, if I run in December... I'd need the restriction to be for
10/1/2007 - 11/30/2007, If I run in January, I'd need the restriction to be
for 10/1/2007 - 12/31/2007. Right now, if I run the query below it runs for
9/1/2007 - 11/30/2007.

Any ideas?

Leviathan wrote:
>Sorry for the confusion, thanks.
>
>>Your words were "to restrict to the current quarter" so that is what I did.
>>If you want the previous 3 months then try this --
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

Leviathan
12/11/2007 5:36:58 PM
What if it is February?   What time span do you want then?
I gave you both ways separately.

So use an IIF statement to select which to use.  If it is the first month of
the quarter use one and if the last month of the quarter use the other.

Do not know what you want for the mid quarter month.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Leviathan via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> One other issue...
>
> The query below works if it's the beginning of a new quarter, but I would
> also need to calculate for current quarter if it is not the beginning of a
> new quarter.
>
> In other words, if I run in December... I'd need the restriction to be for
> 10/1/2007 - 11/30/2007, If I run in January, I'd need the restriction to be
> for 10/1/2007 - 12/31/2007. Right now, if I run the query below it runs for
> 9/1/2007 - 11/30/2007.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Leviathan wrote:
> >Sorry for the confusion, thanks.
> >
> >>Your words were "to restrict to the current quarter" so that is what I did.
> >>If you want the previous 3 months then try this --
> >[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

If it was February... it'd restrict the quarter to 1/1/2007 - 2/1/2007.
Basically, the reports we run are always for the previous month... so we'd
want the quarter that the previous month fell into.

KARL DEWEY wrote:
>What if it is February?   What time span do you want then?
>I gave you both ways separately.
>
>So use an IIF statement to select which to use.  If it is the first month of
>the quarter use one and if the last month of the quarter use the other.
>
>Do not know what you want for the mid quarter month.
>> One other issue...
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Leviathan
12/11/2007 9:31:25 PM
So for your IIF statement use this ---
    IIF((Format([YourDateField],"m") Mod 3) =1, Last_Quarter, Current_Quarter)
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Leviathan via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> If it was February... it'd restrict the quarter to 1/1/2007 - 2/1/2007.
> Basically, the reports we run are always for the previous month... so we'd
> want the quarter that the previous month fell into.
>
> KARL DEWEY wrote:
> >What if it is February?   What time span do you want then?
> >I gave you both ways separately.
> >
> >So use an IIF statement to select which to use.  If it is the first month of
> >the quarter use one and if the last month of the quarter use the other.
> >
> >Do not know what you want for the mid quarter month.
> >> One other issue...
> >>
> >[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

Karl,

Thanks for your help. One quick question, since 2 MOD 3 = 1; the IIF
statement would have to be  IIf((Format([PAID_DATE],"m") Mod 3)=1 And Format(
[PAID_DATE],"m")<>"2","Last_Quarter","Current_Quarter"), right?

KARL DEWEY wrote:
>So for your IIF statement use this ---
>    IIF((Format([YourDateField],"m") Mod 3) =1, Last_Quarter, Current_Quarter)
>> If it was February... it'd restrict the quarter to 1/1/2007 - 2/1/2007.
>> Basically, the reports we run are always for the previous month... so we'd
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

Leviathan
12/12/2007 6:21:57 PM
No.
Month	Mod 3	Display quarter
1	1	Last quarter
2	2	Current quarter
3	0	Current quarter
4	1	Last quarter
5	2	Current quarter
6	0	Current quarter
7	1	Last quarter
8	2	Current quarter
9	0	Current quarter
10	1	Last quarter
11	2	Current quarter
12	0	Current quarter

By your postings only first month of quarter to display last quarter.
Therefore ---
  IIF((Format([YourDateField],"m") Mod 3) =1, Last_Quarter, Current_Quarter)

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Leviathan via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Karl,
>
> Thanks for your help. One quick question, since 2 MOD 3 = 1; the IIF
> statement would have to be  IIf((Format([PAID_DATE],"m") Mod 3)=1 And Format(
> [PAID_DATE],"m")<>"2","Last_Quarter","Current_Quarter"), right?
>
> KARL DEWEY wrote:
> >So for your IIF statement use this ---
> >    IIF((Format([YourDateField],"m") Mod 3) =1, Last_Quarter, Current_Quarter)
> >> If it was February... it'd restrict the quarter to 1/1/2007 - 2/1/2007.
> >> Basically, the reports we run are always for the previous month... so we'd
> >[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

Oh, you're right - messed that one up.

Thanks.

KARL DEWEY wrote:
>No.
>Month	Mod 3	Display quarter
>1	1	Last quarter
>2	2	Current quarter
>3	0	Current quarter
>4	1	Last quarter
>5	2	Current quarter
>6	0	Current quarter
>7	1	Last quarter
>8	2	Current quarter
>9	0	Current quarter
>10	1	Last quarter
>11	2	Current quarter
>12	0	Current quarter
>
>By your postings only first month of quarter to display last quarter.
>Therefore ---
>  IIF((Format([YourDateField],"m") Mod 3) =1, Last_Quarter, Current_Quarter)
>
>> Karl,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]

Leviathan

Calculate % variance on previous quarters. Quarter %, etc. pivot
How do I calculate a % variance from the previous quarterly total and place the % variance next to that particular quarter? Column qtr1 % qtr2 % qtr3 % qtr4 % Total$ Row item1 50 ?? 75 ?? 100 ?? 125 ?? Example: what is the % variance from qtr1 and qtr2? The variance per cent will go into the column format betwenn qtr1 and qtr2. Designated as ??. The best way to calculate qtr over qtr performance is the following. X = Previous Qtr Revenue Y = New Quarters Revenue The formula is: =(Y-X)\X So in your example for Q1 to Q2 revenue would be: =(75-50)/5...

Restrict internal user mailbox
Hi all, How to restrict internal user can't send and received from outside? Pls advise! Follow the steps outlined below: 1.. Create a group called InternalOnly. 2.. Create a recipient policy that gives them a fake SMTP address. i.e. @fake.domain. Leave the X400 address alone so they can receive internal mail. 3.. Drill down through Routing Groups > Group Name > Connectors > SMTP internet connector(s), choose its properties. Choose the Delivery Restrictions tab, and under "reject", add this group. Do this for each connector. 4.. Follow the steps in KB2...

Outlook rules restrictions
Hi... Is there a limit to the list of senders in a rule which copy mail from certain senders to a certain folder? I have this rule, containing 28 different addresses or parts of addresses, and today I can't seem to add any... :-( -- Regards Zadig Galbaras (nick) www.tresfjording.com ----- Zadig Galbaras <tresfjording@gmail.no> wrote: > Is there a limit to the list of senders in a rule which copy mail from > certain senders to a certain folder? > > I have this rule, containing 28 different addresses or parts of > addresses, and today I can't seem to add...

quarterly totals
How would i write the formula for entering 4 separte quarterly totals into a bar graph. Thanks Devko, Assume the months are in A1:A6 and the data is in B1:B6. Jan 5 Feb 3 Mar 6 Apr 4 May 2 Jun 5 The formula for quarter 1 is =AVERAGE(B1:B3) The formula for quarter 2 is =AVERAGE(B4:B6) Quarters 3 and 4 follow the same logic. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Davko" wrote: > How would i write the formula for entering 4 separte quarterly totals into a > bar graph. Thanks > ...

quarterly reports
I have a workbook that has 52 weeks(rows) of income and expenses(columns). I'm trying to set up a quarterly reports sheet that updates from this info, but I cannot figure out how to set up the formulas that will find the dates that are in the range and save the subtotals and totals. Thanks ahead of time for any help Hi Al, I wsa trying to set up a sheet that I htought might look like yours and came up with this, although I am sure it is much simpler than what you are really dealing with: Date "Income Weeks" Exp1 Exp2 Net 1/7/2005 1 Exp1 Exp2 Net1 1/14/2005 2 Exp1 Exp2 Ne...

Subtotaling Quarters (and Years) from Months
Hello all If I have a table of data with multiple columns each representing a month, is there a quick way to create a linked table with subtotals by quarter, or by year. So for example A1=Jan08, A2=Feb08, A3=Mar08, A4=Apr08, A5=May08, A6=Jun08 I would like to sum in another table A1+A2+A3 ("Quarter1")then in the next cell A4+A5+A6 ("Quarter 2") Obviously this is easy but when you are dealing with several years it is fiddly. Is there a quick formula I can enter to instruct excel to add 3 columns together starting from the next one along from the last set of 3? Equally,...

How do I set up a text cell in Excel with restricted length?
Want to limit input to cell to 16 characters. Choose Data/Validation; Allow: Text length; Data: less than or equal to; Maximum: 16. Note that this will not stop the user from entering more than 16 characters, but 17 or more will bring up an error dialog. In article <F01C53BA-16B7-45F0-8BEE-517F22470153@microsoft.com>, ElonRoger <ElonRoger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Want to limit input to cell to 16 characters. Data>Validation>Allow>Text Length Minimum 0.....Maximum 16 Add your own Message if desired. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 07:2...

How do I restrict access to Outlook in limited account using XP Pro?
I will be servicing several computers with XP PRO OS.There will be a administrator account and a limited account.In the admin account I want to use outlook express for email.But I don't want any user in the limited account to use outlook express or outlook. How do I restrict use? Joe K <JoeK@alt.microsoft> wrote: > I will be servicing several computers with XP PRO OS.There will be a > administrator account and a limited account.In the admin account I > want to use outlook express for email.But I don't want any user in the > limited account to use outlook express ...

SmartList Restrictions help
I built a SmartList that is based on the Year-to-Date Transaction Open file, and has the Account Master linked to it. I want to restrict it to accounts that begin with 36, 38, or 2504. I tried adding a restriction that says "Account Number:Account_Segment_Pool1 begins with 36 OR 38 OR 2504", but I got no results when I did it that way. I also set up 3 separate restrictions, but that didn't work either. Is this possible? I can't find much information about how to write restrictions in SL Builder. ...

Quarter Totals
I currently have a crosstab query that I used to count the number of each type of quantity of volume per quarter but its giving me dollar amount vs a for whole count. For example: Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 text $50.00 $25.00 How will I be able to have this read as a whole number? Are you saying that "50" and "25" are the correct numbers, but that the query is displaying these numbers as if they were currency? If so, in the query's design mode, you could try formatting that field ...

Change expression from month to quarter
I have this expression in a calculated field in my query and it works fine for the month. I enter the month via a text box on an unbound form. I thought that if I changed the “m” to a “q” that it would calculate the quarter based on the date that I supply in my text box. It works if the month is the first month in the quarter but if it’s like Feb or March, it returns the wrong amount. Can anyone help me fix this so that it pulls the correct quarter total? Qtr_1: Sum(IIf([TransDate] Between ([Forms]![frmVarianceQtr]![txtMo1]) And DateAdd("q",1,([Forms]![frmVarianc...

Dates to quarters
Hi, Ive found on this forum a formula which turns a date (dd,mm,yy into a quarter,year which is great: ="Q"&INT((MONTH(C2)-1)/3)+1 & " " & YEAR(C2) However its set up to take Jan Feb and Mar as quarter 1, but ou financial year starts in April. How do i adjust it to represent this. The formula looks at a date (dd,mm,yy) in column C, should I change thi with a seperate formula or adjust the one Im using ? If so in eithe case can someone show me how as Im usless with date formulas. Thank -- Ainsle -----------------------------------------------------------...

Restrictions in effect on this computer???
Since this morning, whenever I click on a URL contained in an email I get a popup stating: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." What is THAT supposed to mean? Since I am my own sys admin (and I am not aware of having changed anything in that respect lately): what could cause this stupidity and how to I get back the old, usual behavior? Michael Michael Moser, you wrote on Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:33:04 +0200: > "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this...

Problem in restricting users from sending/receving internet email
I have found a helpful articel here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html I read it through couple times but I would like to ask some questions before I start the work on our Exchange 2000 server. 1. The "group" I am going to create for adding users into the restricting list, will it be a Security group or Distribution group? What group scope should I give it? 2. Under the section of "Restricting Users from Sending Internet Base Email", the article tells us to create a *new* SMTP connector and add the group into the "Dilivery Restriction" page. Will ...

Restrict authenticated LDAP clients to subset of the directory
We have a pure, single-forest, single-domain, native-mode Exchange 2003, Windows 2003, Active Directory 2003 environment. Our Exchange organization has several separate and distinct Global Address Lists. Each user belongs to one and only one GAL, and can see only that GAL from the Outlook or OWA clients. All works correctly to this point. The issue, in a nutshell, is that we now have a need to support pure LDAP clients for directory lookups, but those lookups must be restricted to that GAL that the authenticated user would see if they were in Outlook/OWA. The restriction must be based on ...

group by quarters
I have a chart (clustered columns) based on a pivot table. Sales are grouped by years & quarters. The quarters are shown in chronological sequence on the X-axis. But I want the X-axis shows Q1 from Y1, Q1 from Y2, Q1 from Y3, - Q2 from Y1, Q2 from Y2, etc...instead off in chrnological sequence. Tks for helping Michel >Sales are grouped by years & quarters. Try reversing this. Group by quarters, then years and see it gives you what you want. HTH, -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "Michel Peeters" <michel@melsbroek.be> wrote in m...

Quarterly Formula
Is there a formula to obtain a total for each quarter which excludes including the year? Thus avoiding having to change to year on a yearly basis. Your help would be appreciated. -- Carol First hit on web search: http://www.exceltip.com/st/Calculating_the_Quarter_Number_for_Calendar_and_Fiscal_Year/932.html quarter based on calendar year (with date in A2) =INT((MONTH(A2)-1)/3)+1 quarter based on FY starting in September, again w/date in A2: =MOD(CEILING(22+MONTH(A2)-9-1,3)/3,4)+1 "Caroline" wrote: > Is there a formula to obtain a total for each quarter whic...

OWA Password Change Restrictions
I'm running Server 2003 sp1, Exchange2003. It works great, However I just tried implementing the change password option in OWA and now I am in a boggle. The first time I used it I was able to change the password for a test account, but all subsequent times I get the following prompt. "Either the password is too short or password uniqueness restrictions have not been met." Yet I can sit at the server and reset the test account password to the same passwords OWA says don't meet complexity requirments. Any Ideas? MS KB827614 has the answer. I guess you either have to wa...

Restricting Edit Rights
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way that I can restrict who changes allocation cells in the file I'm creating. For instance if Kelly Durden has been assigned to allocate budget only Kelly Durden can edit those 4 lines and change the budget? Example of my file is Kelly Durden Name Column R i.e 4 Rows assigned to that BC Column AF is the cell where the budget will be editable Thanks in advance. Kelly -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Check out Tools | Protection | Allow Users to Edit Ranges -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Kelly_D...

How to Restrict Outbound SMTP for Specific User
I have users that I want to restrict from emailing external to the company but allow internal email. Found article 244008 but it was for Ex5.5. I applied the same fix but email still went out. Basic steps were: Internet Mail SMTP Connector, Properties, Delivery Restrictions, Reject Messages From, Add. Should this work or am I missing something? Hi Shawn Here is a link that should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html Make sure you make the Registry change as detailed in the notes section. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Restrict resources from getting email
I am working through another thread on setting up resources in exchange 2003. I am not ready to setup auto accept so i am doing this manually. I have the resources completed but read a good post about it being a good idea to restrict permissions to send emails to these resources by using the exchange general tab on the users account. however that does seems to work using outlook and for myself but I have add permssions, when I use a test user it seems like the meeting might book, but the user gets an email back as undeliverable for "no permission to send to sender"? Which ...

How to calculate quarterly
I have a worksheet which has a date between Januarys to December. This worksheet I m using for record sales and Concession form. According to new rule sale against concession form should be submitted by concerned customer 1st quarter concession for should be deposited in next quarter’s 1st month. For example Date of Sales bill Expected Concession form submission 1.10.2005 1.01.2006 2.10.2005 5.10.2005 2.11.2005 4.11.2005 2.12.2005 3.12.2005 How it can be formulated and calculated. Thank and regards Rao Ratan Singh If your sale ...

Restricting outside mail
Hi, I'm a litle green in Exchange. I installed W2k3 and Exc2003 in one computer DC. Is the only Server in Domain. The problem is, i've tried almost every articles that find in msexchange.org but the users still can send mails outside domain. Please Help me find the solution. Try look at the SMTP connectors properties, there is a page "Delivery Restrictions". You can add user to the "reject message from" field. "kali" <kali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A192D217-9A62-4673-8EB8-0C39E0A36A64@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'm a l...

Restrict Vendor/Customer lookups to only show active records
Currently lookups for vendors or customers bring up both active and inactive records. We have lots of customers who want to eliminate the clutter of having inactive vendors and customers from appearing in their lookups. It makes no sense. If you choose an inactive record on lookups, it gives you a message that you cannot choose and inactive record anyway. It would be much better to show only those that are active ... and then have the option [as already exists] to show inactive only for historical lookup. Seems this would be a great usability improvement for the entire client base. ...

ability to enter restrictions prior to printing a customized repor
I would like to see the ability to allow the end user of a customized report to be able to enter restrictions much like an original GP report. Often, a user would like a customized report with a specific date range that may change weekly or even daily. It would be nice to provide that option in the report definition window where restrictions are entered to thin out the data for a report. Our accountants are not allowed to create or modify customized reports and more often than not I would have to modify the report on a regular basis in order for the report to print within the proper ...