plz help !! Undefined function 'Date' in expression

hi all

please help i got mad !!!!!!

i was using date() function to get the current in access query & vba and both
doesn't work and i got this msg

           Undefined function 'Date' in expression

i tried all the tricks in the internet about fix the ref. and no way .still
as it is

 any new tips plz

or another way to get the current date

thanks
all
bye

MrCC

The most likely problem is that your database has a problem with library
references. To fix it, see:
    Solving Problems with Library References
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

If that is not the case, you may have a naming clash (something else named
Date.)

"MrCC via AccessMonster.com" <u37404@uwe> wrote in message
> hi all
>
> please help i got mad !!!!!!
>
> i was using date() function to get the current in access query & vba and
> both
> doesn't work and i got this msg
>

>           Undefined function 'Date' in expression
>
> i tried all the tricks in the internet about fix the ref. and no way
> .still
> as it is
>
> any new tips plz
>
> or another way to get the current date

0
Allen
9/16/2007 3:27:53 AM
i got a nice solution

get date using windows api and kick out the access :))))

Function GetDate() As String
Dim myTime As SYSTEMTIME
Dim strBuffer As String
Dim lng As Long

GetLocalTime myTime
GetDate = CStr(DateSerial(myTime.wYear, myTime.wMonth, myTime.wDay))

End Function

i hope all try it

MrCC wrote:
>hi all
>
>please help i got mad !!!!!!
>
>i was using date() function to get the current in access query & vba and both
>doesn't work and i got this msg
>

>           Undefined function 'Date' in expression
>
>i tried all the tricks in the internet about fix the ref. and no way .still
>as it is
>
> any new tips plz
>
>or another way to get the current date
>
>thanks
>all
>bye

MrCC

help with IPAQ font problem
Hi, I have XP/Outlook 97/Ipaq 1910/ActiveSync 3.5. I installed an astronomy program and it works fine. However, I noticed a peculiar problem. When I paste text into a 'task' window on the PC, and then later sync to the IPAQ, the text that I paste [usually this is from a webpage into wordpad or notepad, then into the IPAQ] turns to astronomical symbols, via the font installed from the astronomy program. This only shows up on the IPAQ, not the PC. I can fix this by selecting the contents of the task folder on the PC, and changing the font from 'auto' to arial, etc. saving, t...

Outlook express #19
We use Outlook Express for our office email. A large number of our members have just changed the "tail" on their email address from oplin.lib.oh.us to oplin.org. Is there someway I can go into the address book and universally change all of the "tails" or do I have to change each one individually? Thanks for your help. Lynda ...

need help in SDK
i am working on web page that will insert leads in the crm systems to call any class i need the UserId , from where i can get it ? bizuser.whoamI retrieves it but for the logged user and i am not logged the page is on another pc and not logged in the ActiveD of the CRM . Any Help Please The CRM entity that contains user info is systemuser. If you do not know the systemuserid, you can just use a CRM query to obtain the systemuserid or whatever other fields you need (search by user name or domain logon etc) ..c. "Silverwing" <Silverwing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Problem with IF function
I have a puzzling problem when using the IF function. My spreadsheet looks like this: Date Value 1 2 3 4 1/2006 100 4/2006 450 3/2006 235 If the month in the date in column A matches the month number in the top row I want to put the value from column B under the matching month column otherwise I want to insert a zero. So, in the above example, 100 would go in cell C2, 450 in cell F3 etc. Some date cells will be blank and I have found that if I use a simple formula like: =IF(MONTH($A2)=C$1,$B2,"0") in the c...

SUMPRODUCT function
Partner Orpington FRICS Partner Orpington FRICS Partner Orpington BSc FRICS I Eng AMI Struct E Partner Orpington FRICS Partner Orpington BA(Hons) MRICS Partner Orpington MRICS BSc Partner Orpington BSc Dip Arch(Hons) RIBA Partner Orpington ACIOB MAPM Partner Orpington BSc MRICS Partner/ Site Assessor Orpington BSc FRICS I Eng AMI Struct E Partner Associate Orpington BSc FRICS I Eng AMI Struct E Partner Orpington BSc MRICS Partner Orpington MRICS Partner Orpington BSc(Hons) Dip Arch Grad DiplCons (AA) RIBA Partner Orpington BSc MRICS ...

Help with expression for Qtr
I’m not very good yet with writing expressions. How would I convert this expression to get the quarter? Month_1: Sum(IIf([TransDate] Between ([Forms]![frmVariance]![txtMo1]) And DateAdd("m",1,([Forms]![frmVariance]![txtMo1]))-1,[tblTrans_Mstr].[Labor_Cost],0)) Thanks for any help. Just change the interval argument of the DateAdd function from "m" to "q". Ken Sheridan Stafford, England AccessKay wrote: >I’m not very good yet with writing expressions. How would I convert this >expression to get the quarter? > >Month_1: Sum(IIf...

VBA Help:Change Color of Cells
Dear All, How to change the color of cells? I'm confused whether to use range object or cells object. Pls give me example. Thanks Robert Lie Hi Robert, The Cells property returns a range object, so you could, for example, use either of the following equivalent instructions: Range("A1:A10").Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Cells(1, 1).Resize(10).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 --- Regards, Norman "Robert Lie" <robert.lie24@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23vv10TVIGHA.2928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > How to change the color of cel...

Repost: Exmerge Help
(sorry for the repost -- maybe Friday at 5:00pm is not the best time to post) Hello: I am trying to use Exmerge to archive mailboxes before deleting or disabling accounts in the DSA. I am trying to run Exmerge on a Windows 2000 Server (SBS) via a TS session. [Note: getting the Exchange 2000 Management Tools to run on an XP box ran into a slew of errors.] Using suggestions from this list and elsewhere, I have done the following: - Created a new user called "exmerge" and put it in new security group called "Exchange Admins". - Exmerge is the only user in "Exch...

Insert date at cursor location
Hi, Once, I had a macro to inert the current date anywhere in the notes field of an open item. That macro has ... gone with the wind. I recreated: ===================================== Sub DateInsert() Dim myOlApp As New Outlook.Application Dim myItem As Object Set myItem = myOlApp.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem myItem.Body = Date & vbCr & myItem.Body Set myItem = Nothing Set myOlApp = Nothing End Sub ===================================== It works but, of course, inserts the date on top of any text. What to write to make the time stamp appear at the cursor? Many thanks, ...

Plz Help Microsoft Excel Novice
Someone help me I�m a complete novice at Microsoft excel Let�s imagine a betting scenario a1 is the stake whilst b1 is the price/odds and so c1 =profit/winnings C1=SUM(A1*B1) Now a2 = 5 and b2= 4 ��. C2=SUM(A2*B2) I only want to calculate c2 if c1 is a profit i.e. more than 0 If c1 is not more than 0 than I don�t want to calculate C2 How do I do this condition? �.. I�ve tried this by going to insert an then function etc but it doesn�t work can you give me a step by ste guide on how to do thi -- hitec8 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- hitec80's Prof...

MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition support to replace MSDE
It looks like MS SQL Server 2005 Express edition is being groomed as a replacement for MSDE, and it could have a lot of advantages RMS users. SQL express is free like MSDE, but without the silly workload governer (limits MSDE to 8 concurrent DB tasks), and would allow databases of up to 4 gigs (vs MSDE 2 gig). I suppose there would need to be some kind of certification, and Server express is still in beta, but wouldn't it be nice? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnsse/html/sseoverview.asp Comparison with MSDE SQL Server Express replaces Microsoft S...

Grouping Rows of Data and Sorting Help Needed?
I have been given a spreadsheet that is 12 columns wide and is up to 7 rows deep. It looks something like this: Column 1Column 2-----Column 3........Column 4.....Column 11---Column 12 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Part1------XXXXXX--------XXXXXXXX---------XXXXXXXX....XXXXXXXXX---Item 1 -------------XXXXXX--------XXXXXXXX---------XXXXXXXX....XXXXXXXXX----Item 3 -------------XXXXXX--------XXXXXXXX---------XXXXXXXX....XXXXXXXXX----Item 5 (Blank Space) Part2------XXXXXX--------XXXXXXXX---------XXXXXXXX....XXXXXXXXX----Item ...

Macro help with saving a spreadsheet with date and time in it
Can someone help me with some code that would save a file name as "schedule-mm-dd-yyyy-hh:mm"? Thanks, Alan Alan, how about something like this Sub Save_As() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="Schedule " & Format(Now, "mm-dd-yyyy-hh-mm") & ".xls", FileFormat:= _ xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False _ , CreateBackup:=False End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Fee...

Date format problem #2
I have several workbooks with date-formatted cells that work properly. I just created a new one, however, that will not display properly. I have tried several "date" settings and also the "custom, d-mmm-yy" setting, yet information placed in the cells come up as a date in "Jan 1900" or as "###########" with the message that negative dates aren't allowed. I have tried to use "format painter" from the sheets that work properly but to no avail. What am I missing? Thanks in advance. If the value in the cell is negative, then ...

help me pls!
I want correct my duplicate data: UniCode Expense subcode code 11011011266 5000 7 11011011269 11011012160 15000 1 11011012160 15000 1 11011012261 0 4 1- by checking "unicode" for duplicate data, 2- by sum "Expense" if "subcode" or "code" are equal ...

Programming "yield" function in Microsoft Access
Hi, I've been looking for a way to program/calculate "yield" function in Microsoft Access. I know this forum is for Excel users but the procedure I found on this form. This procedure was created by Mirna Larson back in 2004. Looks like everything should work and this is exactly what I need. However I=92m getting =93User defined type=94 error. I tried to use references to different libraries =96 same error. I=92m not an advanced Access VBA user. Basically I created a button on a form and inserted the code thinking that if this works I should be able to customize this late...

Hello and Help with dropdown list with error control
Greetings all!!! I am new to the group. thanks to the owner of the group for creating it. I work for a cement company and i have made a excel sheet with mixing of diffrent types of cements. I would like to know if anyone can help. the problem is this i have a list of additives for each blend. one can select them from a dropdown list. But some of the additives are no conpatable with each other. So i want to setup a message box or a popup box the will tell the person that they are not conpatable. right now i have a match formula and a if formula in place. I am pretty sure there is a better wa...

Plz...Help
Dear Guys, I made a vacation database in which I have vacation form to put the employee request. But before I filling the vacation form I want to check how many times the employee took the vacation in the current year i. e. when I select the name or ID of the employee in the vacation form a message should show in the text box of the form that how many times and days he took the vacation in the current year. I have 2 tables Emp and vacation with one to many relationship I tried to solve it in many ways I didn’t . Please help to solve it. Regards Nad - You can display the ...

Sorting Help #2
Thanks a bunch, that worked fine. -- bingomck ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bingomck's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16289 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276894 ...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #5
Hi Dave, further to the last entry I have discovered where the module is tripping up. It works on three of my cells but any one of a further three cells that I have data validation in renders the code not to work - what it does is, on any change to any cell with validation it throws up the message box in the code (MsgBox "Your last operation was canceled. " & _ "It would have deleted data validation rules.") and doesn't allow you to do anything else in those cells. What is it about these particular three cells that causes this? They are pretty normal validated c...

Dear: How can I get the sender string in outlook2000 Micro?? -- -Eric -Field Engineer of ChangAn Ford Company -Who Say Elephant Cann't Dance?! Eric <plu1@ford.com> wrote: > How can I get the sender string in outlook2000 Micro?? Could you be more explicit? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_09BC_...

does RMS have Received on account function?
does RMS have Received on account function? I know that RMS has Payout function. but I dont see the Received on account function. If you know where it is . please let me know. thank you. From the POs Screen you can do a Shift+F4 and this will bring up the payment screen for on account -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "nick" <nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DD40E30-A276-46D5-B164-16E432C270D1@microsoft.com... > does RMS have Received on account function? > > I know that RMS has Payou...

Help with SUMIF & AND function
Hi, how do I create a formula to sumarize value by group and subgroup? My formula by group works but unfortunately the 2nd one doesn't work. What I need is : sumarize the value (column D ) of all products having group = A and subgroup = A. total group subgroup value by_gr by_subgr A A 10 A A 20 A B 30 B A 40 B A 50 B B 60 C A 70 C B 80 D A 90 D B 10 60 =SUMIF(A2:A12;"A";C2:C12) this is OK total 460 something like this: =SUMIF(A2:A12;"A".... AND ...B2:B12;"A";C2:C12) ??? Thanks in advance, mirko Hi =SUMPR...

Help with reports
hello friends this forum. I have a problem with a report that I generated, the report goes well and shows no problem, but when I select the option to export, export and press this button disables me, and so do all the buttons I can display reports collaborate. many thanks A report you generated how? With what? -- -- "CRISTIAN ANDRES OSORIO GONZALEZ" <CRISTIANANDRESOSORIOGONZALEZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B2D9785-9EEA-4795-AACC-C55B3CC52AA2@microsoft.com... > hello friends this forum. I have a problem with a report that I generat...

VLOOKUP help. Im an Excel Newbie!!1
I have an Invoice worksheet which I must use VLOOKUP function to import data such as customer name, customer code, customer address, etc. My study sheets didn't explain how to use VLOOKUP for obtaining data from different files. Basically on the Invoice worksheet, in the cell under customer code use the VLOOKUP function to enter the customers name (from the table on the customers worksheet). In the cell under customers name use VLOOKUP to enter customers address, in the cell under customers address use VLOOKUP to enter suburb,state and postcode (from customer worksheet). Then I need to...