Pivot with multiple data field in Access

By using the first tip you offered, I am now able to get the data for either
year and type out through crosstab queries. Now I am having difficulty
merging them back without exceeding the 255 field limit in a query.

I combined all the data into one table and used an identifier for the type
of data.
TYPE           Year                                         DataField1
DataField2 DataField3 etc
Actual         "Yr1"
Discounted   "Yr2"
Original        Yr3"...(right now through Yr20)

I have the users select if an entry is Actual, and for what year of the Deal
it is.

Here's what my report should look like:

Deal No.        Yr.1              Yr2               Yr3                 Yr4
Actuals:         725               5301           17605               2459
Discounted:    525              5201            15605              2159
Original:        825              5401            1900                2700

112
Actuals:          1111             2222             3333                4444
Discounted:     999              888                777                  666
Original:          1000            2000              3000                4000

The Crosstab query below was able to get me this result:
TRANSFORM First(LIHTC_1.LIHTC) AS ALLLIHTC
SELECT LIHTC_1.Ind, LIHTC_1.DealID
FROM LIHTC_1
GROUP BY LIHTC_1.DealID, LIHTC_1.Ind
PIVOT LIHTC_1.YearID;

Result:
                  DealID       Yr1              Yr2           Yr3
  Yr4
Actuals                     DataField1   DataField1    DataField1
DataField1
Original                    DataField1   DataField1    DataField1
DataField1
Discounted                DataField1  DataField1    DataField1    DataField1

I would like to be able to get more datafields (Ex. LIHTC) added to my
results. If I do a separate query for each datafield, by the time I create a
query to bring them all together, I will exceed the 255 field limit. Is there
another approach I can take that is not apparent to me right now? I would
greatly appreciate any thoughts on how to tackle this issue.
Thank you.

Subform Causes Main Form to show same record Multiple times
I have a form named PatientsInfo that is based on table Tbl_Patients. In that form I have a subform that is based on table Tbl_FedPovertyLevel. I have 2 fields from Tbl_FedPovertyLevel on the subform -- HouseholdMemberName, HouseholdMemberIncome. When an additional HouseholdMember is entered into the subform, it links to the Tbl_Patients correctly. But on the record selector for the PatientsInfo main form, there are now several instances of the same Patient based on how many HouseholdMembers I have entered into the subform. I have to click the next record button several time...

Pivot Tables

Multiple Backend Server
Hi Guy's We have existing one frontend server and one backend servers, now we are adding another backend server in new domain. we need the new backend server be hosted by the existing frontend server. How will we do it ? do you have any procedure. regards robert hi, i think you can simply add it. as far as front-end hosting is concerned, if you are using it only for OWA than no special configuration is required. Regards, Vineet SMS 2003 Report Error - Need help wrote: > Hi Guy's > > We have existing one frontend server and one backend servers, now ...

Data Validation List from different sheet
In Excel 2003, can I use a data-validation drop-down list that reads its data from a different sheet? thanks M As responsed in .misc: Use a defined range as the source for the DV. Then you can. p/s: Pl refrain from multi-posting -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:20,500 Files:365 Subscribers:65 xdemechanik --- "Michelle" <mh_london@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:64efb54d-21fb-49c2-a9cd-ebad7e1fd7df@x38g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > > In Excel 2003, can I use a data-validation drop-down list that reads > its data from a different...

Installing multiple Sales for Outlook clients
Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or must all clents be installed MANUALLY? jorgen.b Jorgen Many have trid to figure this out but I have not heard of anyone having any success with automating the install of SFO. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 18 Jan 2005 05:08:49 -0800, "jorgen.b" <lunarleaper@yahoo.com> wrote: Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or ...

Access 2003 Reports
How could I display a graphic image depending on a yes/no field value in a report? "AccessInfant" <AccessInfant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E736F5FD-A225-4794-AEED-2C44E616ED06@microsoft.com... > How could I display a graphic image depending on a yes/no field value in a > report? In the Format event of the whatever report section contains the image control, set the image control's Visible property based on the value of the yes/no field: Me.imgControl.Visible = Me.chkYesNo (to make the image visible if the checkbox is checked). Carl Ra...

Displaying Image(RGB888 data ) (buffered data ,not from file) on a Dialog box
Hi, I want to Display the Picture on a dialog box I have the Image(RGB888) data Which is taken from the driver I want to display it on the window I tried with CreateBitmap(320,240,1,24,NULL); but it is not working How can i proceed Thanks See if this will help http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_Q94326.aspx#appliesto AliR. <darshan.tapdia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155227161.797014.51780@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I want to Display the Picture on a dialog box > > I have the Image(RGB888) data Which is taken from the driver > > I want ...

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

MULTIPLE HOTMAIL ACCOUNTS #2
Anyone figure out how to send/receive multiple Hotmail accounts from within Outlook 2003, or 2002.? (or even 2000 for the matter) Thanks Multiple Hotmail accounts is only supported in Outlook 2003. 2002 can use only one account and Outlook 2000 does not have the ability to use any Hotmail accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John F asked: | A...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

join multiple pivot tables?

Get External Data Macro
I need a macro that does the following: Inserts a new worksheet Names the worksheet Sheet1 (or any other name) Prompts for Get External Data (allowing the user to find the file) Is there any way to do this? Or at least the last 2 parts? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393385 ...

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Help on Custom Data Validation
Dear NG, What should be the formula in custom data validation so that when A1 is empty no entry will be accepted in A2? Please no VB! Regards, Jon-jon Hi Try =A1="" as your formula in Data Validation for A2 Hope this helps. -- Andy. "JON JON" <conrado_capistranoREMOVE@msn.com> wrote in message news:u$85VgfJEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear NG, > > What should be the formula in custom data validation so that when A1 is > empty no entry will be accepted in A2? Please no VB! > > Regards, > > Jon-jon > > Hi Jon I woul...

line column Pivot Charts

Separating data #2
I am trying to take 2 rows in Excel and put them into 1 row, spreadin across 3 columns. For example: Currently looks like this: column A row 1: Watch row 2: $5.00 July 10th I would like to make it look like this: column A column B column C row 1: Watch $5.00 July 10th Thanks in advance, Da -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following formulas on your second sheet A1: =OFFSET('sheet1'!$A$1,(ROW()-1)*2,0) B1: =OFFSET('sheet1'!$A$2,(ROW()-1)*2,COLUMN()-2) and copy to the right afterwards ...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

Changing font style/size/color/etc for multiple series in a chart?
I have a stacked bar chart (but note applies to all charts) that I have added data labels to in Excel 2007. However, the data labels are the wrong font size and color. When I go to format data labels in the "Labels" section of the Chart Tools/Layout ribbon, there is no apparent option to change font. I can right click on a single series and change it, but doing that for every series in a complex chart seems ludicrous. Is there any way to change the font for multiple series in one step? The same holds true for changing the number format or any other characteristic for m...