Pass-Through Query / Multiple ODBC Connections

When creating a Pass-Through Query, is there a way to create two or more
“ODBC Connect Str”s in the Property Sheet?

ODBC;DSN=DMH_Hub;Description=DMH_Hub on
MZPRODEDWADHOC;UID=mzbrosb;DATABASE=DMH_Hub;Trusted_Connection=Yes

ODBC;DSN=DW1;Description=DW1 on MZPRODDW;UID=mzbrosb;Trusted_Connection=Yes

Or better yet, is there a way to specify the connection of the query to
automatically be whatever connection the linked tables are using?
--
Tyro from Missouri

Pass-through queries run on the server, not in Access, therefore unless the
DBMS you're using on that server supports multiple connections, you're out
of luck. Note that you'd have to define the connections on the server, not
in Access.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Tyro" <Tyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When creating a Pass-Through Query, is there a way to create two or more
> "ODBC Connect Str"s in the Property Sheet?
>
> ODBC;DSN=DMH_Hub;Description=DMH_Hub on
> MZPRODEDWADHOC;UID=mzbrosb;DATABASE=DMH_Hub;Trusted_Connection=Yes
>
> ODBC;DSN=DW1;Description=DW1 on
> MZPRODDW;UID=mzbrosb;Trusted_Connection=Yes
>
> Or better yet, is there a way to specify the connection of the query to
> automatically be whatever connection the linked tables are using?
> --
> Tyro from Missouri

0
Douglas

Sql Query for Single & parent item Quantity
Hi All I would like to know if there Sql Query to convert the quantities of Parent item to be Single item , i would explain it with an example single item Itemlookupcode is 123456 and Qty 1 Parent item (outer pack of single item) like 6 cans of cola drink forms a pack which can be sold as single as well as pack item Itemlookupcode 123456-06 Qty 2 I need an sql query to produce result like 123456 QTY = 13 and 123456-06 Qty =0. Formula = Qty of Single item + Number of pieces in a single pack * Qty of parent item it would be great help that if it would be possible in sql Thanks ...

How to refresh multiple users buffers
We have a networked Access 2003 application (.adp) with a SQL Server 2000 backend. Changes made by one user to a data row are not visible to another user viewing the same row unless both users quit the application. I presume this is some type of buffer situation, where both users get complete buffers (copies) of the data(base) when they launch the application. And then when the first user moves off the updated row, the second user's buffer is not automatically updated. Is my analysis close to correct? Is there any way to force or accomplish a refresh of one or many user's...

Is It Possible To Pass Parameters to A Pass Through Query
My assumption is that's it's not. At work I use ODBC to connect to our oracle database with Access 2003. There are cases where using a pass through query runs much much faster and I then use it in a make table query to make a local table. In access you can use brackets [] to have it ask for input. May I assume there is no way to do anything like that in a pass through query? Create a PassThrough query and use code to assign the SQL to this query filtering it with a parameter, and then run it e.g Dim MyVariable As Integer MyVariable = InputBox("Please select a Number&quo...

Data Validation Query:
Hi Guys, First Post. I need help with the following: I have a row of cells that is custom formatted as H:MM 1) Users enter their overtime in hours and minutes (H:MM) What I am trying to do is have data validation that they can only put their overtime H:MM 2) I try and validate their input by going to DATA | VALIDATION | ALLOW | CUSTOM | and custom = H:MM For some reason this will not work. Does anybody know how to get this working? Any Help would be much appreciated. Rgds, Bw --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can choose "Time" from the Allow list...

Count Query
Hi, I'm basing a query on a table,I need ,in one of the fileds of the query to count the filed Q2 if it's >=7 ,grouped by Caller ID and Language.. Here's the SQL i'm using that produces an error: SELECT Csat.Language, Csat.CallerId, Count(Csat.Q2Ans) AS CountOfQ2Ans FROM Csat GROUP BY Csat.Language, Csat.CallerId HAVING (((Count(Csat.Q2Ans))>7)); I don't get an error message,but the numbers counted are not corect if compared to the table from which it got the data,I don't know why.. I want to count How many times a certain Caller ID got more than 7... Than...

Query #2
Is there any query for I can check on item options ACCEPT FOOD STAMP FOR THIS ITEM I need to ad this option on all the SODA & GROCERY department. -- Thank You Harjit Singh SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-736-1677 Fax; 209-498-3660 Altavillemarket1@att.net Hi Gill Backup the database first and if you can, run these after hours. First jot down the department ID values by connecting to your db and running SELECT * FROM DEPARTMENT -- jot down the ID values for soda and groceries Then check the items you are about to upda...

Web Query Help...
If I try and use a web query with the following site http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/stats/playersort/regularseason/yearly/MLB/P I get a message that says the web query returned no data. I click on the arrow right by player and it highlights all the players names and their stats. Anyone know why it doesn't import the data into excel? Is there too much data? Thanks Works fine for me, although one have to do some editing since it imports some trash as well (I would import it, then select the table itself from the import and copy and paste into a new sheet, then import the next 50 and...

query to overcome field type problem?
I have a contacts table... let's say 2 fields- ID and email. I have a groups table... it has a number of fields that are linked back to the contacts field already (contact 1 thru nn), so that the groups table just has a contact id number and I look up their email from the other table. One field is also the "primary contact" (similarly linked)... for the person who "owns" that group. Works nicely so far, (thanks, techrat!). Until I try to send email to that primary contact to have them verify the details.... Their email id doesn't show up in the wiz...

after exchange disaster recovery outlook does not connect
helloo friends...i have a scenario here...i have exchange server on domain controller at HO...and one more active exchange server on additional controller at Data recovery center, exchange datbase unmounted...all outlook clients are connected HO exchange server...we have veritas volume manager and veritas volume replicator for exchange database replication....if this HO exchange server is down i mounted exchange using the replicated database...after mounting the database, i changed old exchange server to new exchange server using Vxmvmbx utility provided by vertias...all the mail box...

Exchange 2003 send multiple copies of same email to clients!
I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003. It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2 things and think they are related. Firts if there is no subject for email being recieved it will hang on that email and never download to client using OutLook or Outlook Express. I can go in and through the Web based mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal. Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of the same email. I have one now that has four copies and everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy. Any help as always appreci...

How to pass an object from C++
Hello! We have a C# asp.net web application that is using a COM dll We use the tlbimp to be able to use the COM dll from C# asp.net web application The method InitRules shown below is located in the COM dll. It can be seen below the text Original. Method InitRules below is called from C# but we want to pass an object of type Handle_DS in addition to all the other parameters. You can see the modified InitRules below marked Modified Note the object of type Handle_DS is a C++ object that is created from C# asp.net application and pass into the InitRules I have also copied the whole idl fil...

Adding filter to query
I'm trying to export to excel the filtered results of an underlying query on a split form. In the on click event of a command button I create a querydef and then use transfer spreadsheet to create an Excel workbook. The code creates the spreadsheet, but it includes all the records. I need to make it create only the filtered records. I've tried several methods, but can't seem to figure this out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA, Ken I just answered a question just like this yesterday. I got a green check for it! Maybe I will get another today... ...

MS Query
I have the following MS Query inside my spreadsheet: SELECT `HS_Incident$`.`Plant Name`, `HS_Incident$`.`Incident Desc`, Format(`HS_Incident$`.`Incident Date`,'dd-mmm-yyyy'), Format(`HS_Incident$`.`Report Date`,'dd-mmm-yyyy'), `HS_Incident$`.`Lost Time Case`, `HS_Incident$`.`Incident Status` FROM `C:\Reports\HS_Incident`.`HS_Incident$` `HS_Incident$` WHERE (`HS_Incident$`.`Plant Name`<>'MARKHAM ') AND (`HS_Incident$`.`Incident Status` Not Like 'SUBM%' And `HS_Incident$`.`Incident Status` Not Like 'SAVE%' And `HS_Incident$`.`Incident Status`...

Multiple offices
I landed at a company that has been growing without any organization. As it stands there are several offices that operate independently, and I've been given the task of unifying them in respect to email. Info: 3 or 4 main offices (3 with 20 users, and the HQ with 50 users) 4 small remote offices (3-5 users) 12 remote salespeople Existing SBS 2003 at 2 main offices (HQ and another) on their own AD domains I need to accomplish the following: 1. Create a single email domain namespace for all locations 2. Create a single global address book for all locations I figure that for the 4 small r...

Multiple Registers
Hi and thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I recently bought Microsoft Dynamic RMS software with all hardware, I have then built another pos system, scanner printer etc. I want to have 2 POS systems, working through the same database. I have added a new register to the store operations manager, register #2, the new pos system works, i.e. It shares the same database and adds to the database etc, the individual components work ok, but when I come to use it as a POS it looks to register #1, as you can see via the attachment all components are logged as register #2, register #2 t...

Multiple Approvers in Business Portal / Requisition
Hi, Has anybody successfully been able to add multiple hierarchys in BP/ Req? What I mean is that I would like to use Roles for approval in Business Portal. I would like the hierarchy to include levels for each office (of which we have over 50). Something like this: Req Admin Req Purchaser Office#1 Approver Office#1 Creator Office#2 Approver Office #2 Creator Office#3 Approver Office #3 Creator Something like that. I've created new roles for the office approvers; but the workflow doesn't work. Any id...

Form to query
Hello everybody, I have a question concerning the "Enter Parameter Value" window that opens when I run a query. I have asked this in the access.queries newsgroup but I couldn't get the answer. Is it possible to have that as a combobox so that a list of possibilities is shown? Another question has to do with the same query. This asks a date from and to (in the query criteria >[from] And [to]. I would like the selected period to be shown in the report. Is this possible (and if so... how can I achieve that)? Thanks for all the help you can give -- Lisa Save the Dogs Onlus...

Need help with changing query
First of all, thanks for reading this. Here's my problem. I have 1 field called [sex] and another called [race]. At one time the word sex was a text field Male or Female. I've changed the field properties to either yes/no true false. Yes = Female and No = Male. The code in the sql/query below is using the words Male or Female {list5}. The [race] seems to be ok. I need to change the sex part to either true or false even though on the screen it will show Male/Female SELECT qryEmpMaster.Lname, qryEmpMaster.Fname, qryEmpMaster.Sex, qryEmpMaster. Race FROM qryEmpMaster WHER...

Date query "Excel VBA"
Is there anyway i can use vba code to create a user input box on a sale worksheet that will filter the sales orders and only display the order that equal the date entered into the input box by the end user. I am already using the autofilter feature but would like to take it on step further and make it easier for the admin clerk. Thank-Yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You didn't like yesterday's suggestion???? http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=4110273A.B3C20CDD%40msn.com "avilla <" wrote: > > Is there anyway i can use vba code to cr...

Make multiple new sheets at the same time?
Is there any way to make multiple new spreadsheets at one time in Excel I think its Office 97 or 98. I need to make one separate sheet for eac day of the year and I dont fancy making 365 sheets one at a time Cheers, Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You group the sheets by doing this: Right click on the sheet tab and then left click on Select All Sheets. The sheets are now grouped and whatever action you do on the visible sheet will be done on all sheets that are grouped. Remember to ungroup when you want to do something to just one sheet. --- Message posted from http...

Pass multiple selected values from list box to table
How do I pass multiple selected values from a list box to a table? I've found code to use the values as criteria in a query but would now like to store the values in a table (at least temporarily) thanks in advance. jack Pass selected values from a list box to a table? I don't really think you want to do this. Can you describe more about what you are trying to accomplish? You just store raw data in a table. You don't store manipulated data in a table. Maybe you need a query to do what you want to do... -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indi...

100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itreal
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itrealexams.com/ and get real time Q&As, Brain Dumps, Real Exams, Study material, E-Books, Video Exams and Labs for your all type of I.T Certification Exams. ...

date diff expression in query
I am trying to calculate the difference between two dates 'End Date' and 'Date of Visit' using a query. This is the expression I used: TimeFrame:[Date of Visit] - [End Date]. However, 'End Date' is present in both tables I have used to create this query 'tbl_NewInfo' and 'tbl_Foloowup'. I want the 'End Date' from 'tbl_NewInfo'. How do i specify this in the expression and thereby prevent the error msg I am getting? Thankyou You must fully qualify the field name like: [Table Name].[Field Name] I use a naming convention that resu...

Help Query.
Hi, I have 2 tables, one it has customers who are past due and another table that has customers who have paid and not past due after a certain period. My objective is to find the customers who hasn't paid yet. I did a query, joined by account #, this query will return customers who has paid after they were past due. But I am looking for account IDs of customers who are still past due. Anyway to do this? Thansk for the help! Try the query wizard about finding unmatched rows. It seems you need rows from the first table that are NOT in the second table. Hoping it may help, Vander...

POP3 connection
We've been using Outlook 2003 for quite some time with happy success. Then a couple of days ago it all went south. We were no longer able to get our MSN e-mail. We tried resetting our e-mail settings and even reloaded Outlook. Other e-mail accounts (non-MSN) come through just fine. When we test the account settings, the SMTP and POP3 are found, but it won't log onto the incoming mail server. The "Enter Network Password" box keeps popping up. We've even changed our password to try to get it to connect. Any advice? Try MSN Connector for outlook http://office.m...