NZ function 11-19-09

I am trying to use an nz function on a query, so that I get a zero instead of
a blank. I can't figure out where to actually type the nz function. Do I type
it in the criteria field of the column on the query? Whenever I do that it
never stays, or doesn't want to work.
What is the correct format for an nz function? - maybe that's my problem.

Hi Erin

For Null numerics
In the "Field" line of the query design panel type:  "NoNulls:
NZ(MyField,0)"
For Text Data
In the "Field" line of the query design panel type:  "NoNulls:
NZ(MyField,"")"

Skip the outer parenthesis

Regards

Kevin

"ErinCullen" <ErinCullen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to use an nz function on a query, so that I get a zero instead
>of
> a blank. I can't figure out where to actually type the nz function. Do I
> type
> it in the criteria field of the column on the query? Whenever I do that it
> never stays, or doesn't want to work.
> What is the correct format for an nz function? - maybe that's my problem.

0
kc

Function to get worksheet name
Its seems pretty simple. 1. which functions returns parameters like worksheet name ? Same way can i get what is file name ? Thanks in advance.. ssuryarao@gmail.com wrote... >Its seems pretty simple. > >1. which functions returns parameters like worksheet name ? > >Same way can i get what is file name ? The only built-in function that returns these is CELL. You could use CELL("Filename",A1) to get both the workbook filename and the worksheet name corresponding to the range reference 2nd argument *IF* you've already saved the file. In that case, it'll retu...

NZ Function and Null VS 0 values
Here is my question, I have the following statment in a query: PostSumCreated: Sum(NZ([Post_Sec2_7CreatedTotal]) +NZ([Post_Sec3_5CreatedTotal])+NZ([Post_Sec4_3CreatedTotal]) +NZ([Post_Sec4_5CreatedTotal])+NZ([Post_Sec5_4CreatedTotal]) +NZ([Post_Sec6_7CreatedTotal])+NZ([Post_Sec7_4CreatedTotal])) This returns either the number of the addition or 0. The problem is that I have NULL values in the table, where 0 would represent that yes nothing was done and Null would represent that nothing was support to happen. What I need help with is trying to add the needed columns if they have a value >...

countif function in multiple worksheets
I have been trying to use the countif function to count the number of times a "Y" response occurs in a specific cell in 15 different worksheets that are all in one workbook. ... I have tried =SUM(COUNTIF('1:15'!B51,{"Y","N"}) but I keep on getting a "value error". This formula works in one worksheet but it wont count multiple worksheets. I've been trying to solve this for days by myself but I'm stuck. I'm a new user and really would appreciate any help. Thank you =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&...

wild card with if logical function
hi members, i need help on how to use wild cards(*/?) with if logical function is it possible to use with if logical function if yes please just tell me how to use wild cards dont tell me about alternative functions. -- b166er ------------------------------------------------------------------------ b166er's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34912 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=547345 Hi, there is possible to use wildcard characters, but you need to nest SEARCH or FIND function into If. Sample: =IF(ISERROR(S...

Match Function
I wish to write a formula that will identify the first match in tw different ranges with two different criteria. For example, if I hav the following two ranges: 1, 5, 12, 15 1000, 2500, 3000, 5000 My objective is to write a formula that uses the criterion >10 for th first range and >4000 for the second range and returns the number "4 where 15 and 5000 both meet the criteria. Have been trying to use combination of the MATCH and AND formulas but the result is an "N/A and there is a match in the data. Thanks for all the help as always -- Message posted from http://www.Exc...

delete record 11-16-07
How can I delete only one record in a table? I don't need a condition for record that I want delete, I want delete an record witch an pozition in a table. Ex Field1 Field2 Field3 c1 m1 100 c15 m7 200 c1 m1 100 c12 m2 50 c15 m7 200 I want delete only the second record. Create a query that selects only the row you want to delete. Change the query into a delete query (assuming you're using Access 2003 or older, you can do thise in the Query menu when you've got th...

CHR() function not working in Excel 2003
I've written a VBA application in Excel 2002, which works correctly. This should work on all recent versions of Excel, so I've been testing it on Excel 2003. This includes the lines: Dim a as String a = "text" + Chr(34) On Excel 2003, I'm getting the error "Compile error: Can't find project or library", and the Chr function is highlighted. If it's helpful, I've tried commenting this line out and I also get the same error elsewhere when I use the Space() function. The rest of the code runs successfully. I've seen elsewhere that I should look ...

Vlookup 05-11-10
I am using excel 2000 I am trying to use two columns to make the end result have a number in it I am not sure how to word it but I need S2 and R2 to reference the vlookup chart and give me the number that corresponds with it =vlookup(S2,R2,$H$1:$M$4,3,false) -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com perhaps: =VLOOKUP(S2,$H$1:$M$4,3,FALSE) & VLOOKUP(R2,$H$1:$M$4,3,FALSE) or: =VALUE(VLOOKUP(S2,$H$1:$M$4,3,FALSE) & VLOOKUP(R2,$H$1:$M$4,3,FALSE)) ? On second thoughts, perhaps: =VALUE(VLOOKUP(S2 & R2,$H$1:$M$4,3,FALSE) ? Cerealkiller v...

reports 11-22-07
I have a number of reports (not linked to any tables or queries) that displays terms of reference for different jobs. I would like to add a field to these reports that adds the name of the persons to which the terms relate. i have a query which divides these people up into there respective job titles, and i can attach a field that adds the name to the respective terms, however this only works if there is only one person related to that terms. there is one set of terms where there are a number of people with the same job title. i would like a fresh set of terms for each person on the...

loosing email addresses 04-11-10
Thanks Have installed the upgrade and now wait and see ...

what function would I use here?
In rows 1 to 192 I have a letter in just one of the columns D,E,F,G,H,or I. I want to fill in column C so that it will have the letter that is in column D thru I. What is the function that I use? I tried =MAX(d2:i2) but that doesn't work. I suppose the MAX function is for numbers only. Is it a FIND function or something different? Thanks in advance. -- Larry Smith "In this country anyone can grow up to be President. That's the risk you take." Adlai Stevenson You could put this formula in C2 (for example): =3DD2&E2&F2&G2&H2&I2 and then c...

Right function
I have a spreadsheet of 400 names consisting of first name, middle initial and surname (e.g. Joe x Blogs) and want to create a new column that just gives me the surname. I'm sure that it can be done with the Right function but just can't find the correct method to do it. Any help appreciated. Thanks Try one of these... If all the names have single word last names: Joe L Smith =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",REPT(" ",255)),255)) If some last names may be more than one word: Joe L La Cross =MID(A1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(A1," "...

SumProduct Function
Greetings All, I need help with a really slow spreadsheet. It consist of a database of 6 columns and 1400 rows that feeds about 6 other sheets that contain 5500 instances of the SumProduct function. Each instance of the SumProduct function checks values in three columns of the datasheet. Recalculation takes about 10 to 15 seconds on a pretty fast machine with lots of memory. I've tried setting the recalculation options to ignore data tables but that's not an option when using the spreadsheet for its intended purpose. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. See t...

Show sources of mfc functions iso assembler
Hi, When debugging an application it gives an assert faillure in wincore and goes to assembler. How can I force VC 6.0 to show the source of wincore (and other mfc sources) so it can be traced easier. The mfc sources are installed (although they are installed on a later date than vc6.0 itself). Regards TheLaery Select 'Tools->Options' Menu. Select the 'Directory' tab in the dialog shown. Select 'Source Files' in the 'Show Directories for:' combo box. Enter the MFC source path. For example X:\Program Files\Visual Studio\VC9...

Nz
Hi, I have a Crosstab query in which I need to convert the empty (null?) values to 0. I have tried using the Nz function, but it doesn’t seem to work. I know this is probably simple, but could somebody point me in the right direction? The field that I need to convert to 0 is wrk_item_1502. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200706/1 Post the SQL statement of the query -- let's see how you're trying to use Nz function. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Matt_James via AccessMonster.com" ...

Need function to return numbers at beginning of text
I have a column of cells that contain an id and description in one column. I need a formula that will give me only the id. The id can be either 4 or 5 numbers. Some can be followed by a letter and some can be followed by a dash and then a number. What they all have in common is that the id is followed by a space and then the description. So, the =LEFT formula will not work. I need on that can give me all characters before the space regardless of whether that's after the first 5 characters or after 7 or 8 or however many there are before the space. Anyone know of such...

CRM Certification 11-10-05
I was hoping that someone could answer a few questions about MS CRM Application Prof cert: 1. Are they any test/practice exams? If so, who can I buy them from? 2. What have you used for a study guide? 3. What have you done to prepare? I have called 6 MS partners and they have been no help. The ones that offer a training class just say come in for training. I would like to study on my own, then go take a live class, hoping that the instructor will know enough to answer any questions I have. It seems that CRM is a cert that falls in between the cracks. Any help would be great, Mike 1 -...

Text Functions
I'm trying to split a text string ... Apart from it not working quite right yet! I'm sure I've over complicated it. Base Data "Path": \\SERVER\X$\data\Team Name\Personal Data\JOE BLOGGS\mail\ \\SERVER\X$\ \\SERVER\X$\RECYCLER\ \\SERVER\X$\$Extend\ \\SERVER\X$\$Extend\Test I'm trying to split into High Level Directory (HLD) / Team/User Directory (TUD) / Team/User Sub-Directory HLD: =IFERROR(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(Path,(SEARCH("\",Path,(SEARCH("\",Path,(SEARCH("X$",Path,1))+3))+1))),"\\SERVER\X$\",""),SUBS...

How to see columns from which values were not returned by HLOOKUP functions?
Hello How to see columns from which values were not returned (or were returned) by HLOOKUP functions on a worksheet? All formulas contain only HLOOKUP functions. The table_array s include all columns on the worksheet. If I'm interpreting your question correctly, one solution would be to run a Histogram of the formula results. That would show how many occurrences of each result were obtained. If you're unfamiliar with the Histogram function, you need to have installed the Analysis Toolpak Add-in (go to Tools/Add-ins and click on Analysis Toolpak), then go to Tools/Data Analysis and s...

Complex Network Days function & Time
Morning All, I am attempting to work out the time in which a customer enquiries been open for. I have the below info: A5 Call date B5 Call Time I5 Todays Date J5 Time as at Now I have the function: =((NETWORKDAYS(A5,I5)-2)*10)/24+TIME(17,30,0)-B5+J5-TIME(9,0,0) I then have the cell formatted as "dd hh mm" and this returns, taking into account the staff working hours, the number of work hours the call has been open. But for a day its taking 24 hours, is there anyway I can have a day as at 12 hours? To explain further if a calls logged at 9am Monday and then closed at 10am Tuesd...

function in query summing results of 2 switch functions?
can I build an expression in a query that sums the values of 2 computed fields in the same query. E.g, Sum(1-CF_1 + CF_2) ? CF_1 & CF_2 are 2 other fields that use Switch statements. THanks Zx slight correction. Can I do this in the Field builder window: field_B: (CF_1 + CF_2) if both CF_1 & CF_2 are computed fields in the query themselves (basically fields computed from switch statements). Access is giving me an error saying it does not recognize these as "a valid field name or expression". I'm not sure why - aren't they expressions :) ? ...

Windows update error message 12-05-09
When I try to use the Window Update; 'express' or 'custom' These are the error messages I get: Files required to use Windows Update are no longer registered or installed on your computer. When I try to use the 'register or reinstall' option, I get: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. I followed a Windows Update thread on 11/25/06 and followed all the recommendations; registered the files, etc. I am running XP and sp3 "alwaysonthego" wrote: > When I try to use the Window Update; 'express' or 'custom' > These are the...

SUMIF Function not functioning properly
Hi, I'm using Excel 2000. When I run a SUMIF function it does not add up the cells which I have outlined in the range. E.G. Formula =SUMIF(H22,"Test",J22:P22) I have four text cells reading H22 Test H23 Testing H24 Testing H25 Test JColumn K,L,M,N,O and P columns just have similar numbers J22 3 J23 3.5 J24 4 J25 5 The range is J22:P22 and this is not being added. Instead it is giving me the figure from J22 added to the figure from J25. Could someone please help me, reply to my email dmcintosh@torus.com.a...

including date and time in one function
I am trying to make a worksheet that will return a value during certain time period. For example: On Monday at 8:00-9:00, I would lik it to display a different value than the same time on Tuesday. Also, need it to show a different value later on in the same day. I canno figure out if there is a way to combine DATEVALUE and TIMEVALUE, nor a i sure if a combination of the two is what is exactly what I want, bu it is somewhere along those lines. I would appreciate any help tha anyone can give me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can add them. e.g. try =IF(AND(A1>=DAT...

Urgent help with a Function
Hello, Can anyone please help me with a VBA procedure that would run this function from row F3 to the next empty row in column "C" =INDEX([VBPA.xls]Sheet1!$D$1:$D$50000, > > MATCH(1,(INT(D3)=[VBPA.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$A$50000)*("BP"=[VBPA.xls]Sheet1!$C$1:$C$50000),0)) -- Regards, Jeff ...