Need to eliminate deleted items from a drop down list

I have a drop down list in one form based on a query from a table.  In
another form I give the user the ability to delete records from this table,
followed by a requery of the drop down list in code.  When the user returns
to the first form and drops the list down the deleted row still appears as
"#deleted".   Is there a way to prevent the deleted records from appearing
in the list?

Bill

0
wmdmurphy

You should requery the combo box after deleting the records.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"wmdmurphy@att.net" wrote:

> I have a drop down list in one form based on a query from a table.  In
> another form I give the user the ability to delete records from this table,
> followed by a requery of the drop down list in code.  When the user returns
> to the first form and drops the list down the deleted row still appears as
> "#deleted".   Is there a way to prevent the deleted records from appearing
> in the list?
>
> Bill

Thanks Duane, that worked.

Bill

"Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> You should requery the combo box after deleting the records.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "wmdmurphy@att.net" wrote:
>
>> I have a drop down list in one form based on a query from a table.  In
>> another form I give the user the ability to delete records from this
>> table,
>> followed by a requery of the drop down list in code.  When the user
>> returns
>> to the first form and drops the list down the deleted row still appears
>> as
>> "#deleted".   Is there a way to prevent the deleted records from
>> appearing
>> in the list?
>>
>> Bill

0
wmdmurphy

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

accessing transaction items in dll
Using a dll written Visual Studio 2005, Visual Basic, this statement works: "MsgBox(Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(n).Item.ItemLookupCode)" Using the same code in C# doesn't work, there is no 'element' property available. "Session.Transaction.Entries." is as far as it goes. And I get a build error if I force it. Why would some methods/properties in QSRules.dll be available in VB but not C#? Using QSRules in VB there is no intellisense. Using QSRules in C# the intellisense works great but not all properties are available. Has anyone else run into th...

Make typing "jump" to matching item(s) in drop-down list?
Is there any way to make a drop-down list work so that typing causes a "jump" to a matching item in the list? For example, if the list includes "chair," can it be formatted so that typing c-h- brings up "chair" in the drop-down list? This would be a huge time-saver in lengthy drop-down lists. We can make Access do it--can Excel? If you show the Control toolbox toolbar (view|Toolbars), you can add a Combobox from that toolbar. Rightclick on it and choose properties. You'll be able to set the linkedcell, listfillrange, style, and matchentry properties to...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

sub totals within smart List Builder
I am tryiing to sub total in SLB. After each of the lines i am trying print a subtotal for all the details for the lines, for example subtotals for item ABC. Is there a solution for this, or do I have to export the Excel and use the function in that application? Thank you -- Paula If you want detail, with subtotals, you will need to export your data to excel and subtotal there. If this is going to be a recurring report/requirement, I recommend creating an excel template with a pivot table or a macro that formats your report. This way, you can export it, and be finished with for...

#Ref! after row deletion
How can one stop the #Ref! from appearing after deleting row from above? Exam: Col A = Date field Col B = Data field Col C = Reference from Col B, formula = if(A2="",C1,B2) Etc. to row 10. Row C11 contains formula =C10 delete rows 3,4,5 leaves row 11, now row 8 with #Ref! What kind of formula can stop the #Ref! One option is to use Indirect to refer to the previous row, as in: =Indirect("A"&row()-1) Regards, Fred "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7893746-50C3-432F-87C1-298787F289CE@microsoft.com...

dependant combobox list
I am trying to add "salesman" information to a combobox that is dependant upon the dealership name I insert in another combobox. I have the dealership names in column A. Q: How do I get the second combox to insert the appropriate name? Should I make a separate sheet using the dealership names as headers, or can I add the salesmens name in the rows beside the already-present dealership name? Then, how do I get the second combobox to pick it up? I am using a Userform and VBA. Have lists of salesman by dealearship in columns, name those lists (Insert>Name>Define...) with the dea...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Deleting blank lines between data lines
Hi Everyone! I have a worksheet with about 2,000 lines of data. The problem is tha every other line is blank. I cannot sort here because some information is carried over to the third line. 1 data 1a 2 blank --> 3 data 1b 4 blank --> 5 data 2 How can I eliminate just the blank lines and maintain the order that the data list is currently in? Thanks! : ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Phenom, One method that may help you. Say you had data in r...

Macro to sort a predefined list
I need to make a button on my excel sheet that will sort a pre-defined area (A2:K103) on my sheet the same way as selecting the area manually and then selecting sort. Can this be done and how? Record a macro while doing this, then attach it to a button from the forms toolbar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <rob_summers@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:G3jEc.9827$pw6.5954@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com... > I need to make a button on my excel sheet that will sort a pre-defined area > ...

Messages NOT deleted from the POP3 mailserver
Anybody knows the answer to this question? >I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the >option "Leave on the server" with the additional >option "Remove when deleted from Deleted items". This >doesn't work and none of the messages I receive are >deleted from the server and all remain there. When I use >other email tools, I don't have this problem. I have also installed service pack 3 and it still continues to have this problem. ...

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help

need help badly

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

Need Help Despertly!

Distribution Lists #17
In Outlook 2002, is there any way to send a message to a distribution list without all of the emails in the distribution list showing up in the "To:" Field? In help, all they said was: "When you use a distribution list, the names of all the people on the distribution list will appear in the To field of everyone's message." Thanks in advance, A.Funk Send a message without the recipient's name showing 1.. In a message, click To. 2.. In the Type name or select from list box, type the name or click Advanced, and then click Find. 3.. I...

How to delete more than 2 pages at a time in Publisher
I've got a 600 page Publisher 2003 document and want to delete 200 pages. Is there an easier way of doing this instead of doing EDIT > DELETE PAGE > BOTH PAGES 100 times!? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commu...