Multiple Query questions

I'm trying to query a database of beach rentals and need a query with more
than 2 bedrooms, that rents for less than 1,000. When i put both criteria in,
it only registers one of them.

I also need to create a query for the highest and lowest weekly rate but
when I select  Min or Max or doesn't show me anything.

Show us the SQL.  Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View
and copy and past it here.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 06:49:02 -0700, Jackie <Jackie@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I'm trying to query a database of beach rentals and need a query with more
>than 2 bedrooms, that rents for less than 1,000. When i put both criteria in,
>it only registers one of them.
>
>I also need to create a query for the highest and lowest weekly rate but
>when I select  Min or Max or doesn't show me anything.

Correct the errors in your query. If you would like help doing so open the
query in SQL view and post it here so someone else can see it.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

New Database in Storage Group question
I think I have some corruption in an exisiting database in my Storage Group. What I am doing is moving all mailboxes to a newly created database within this storage group. Is this a good thing to do? I was figuring instead of taking the corrupted database (I am getting some 1025 errors) down for 50+ hours while I run isinteg, I could just move the mailboxes to a new database. Will this work? Since I am allowed 5 databases within a storage group, what is Microsoft best practices when it comes to database size? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Best practice is to keep the size ...

Charting multiple multiples

Date in the query is always short date
I want to capture the LONG date from a query, so I create a parameter for the date (mm ddd yy) . In its properties, it's format is long date, BUT it always shows up the short date. WHY? Dates are stored as decimal number counting days from 12/31/1899 midnight with time as the decimal fraction of a day. Formats are just different ways to display the information. So you got to set the format. In design view of the query click the field of the grid that has the datetime field, right click, scroll down and select Properties. Click 'Format' and then in the pull down...

DAP query question
I have a bunch of data access pages set up. Working showing the data for a particular data. I have new plans and need to have a date range choosen by a user on the page itself, then that data to be shown for the entered range. so the query would be a select query summing with the date criteria being between [startdate] and [enddate] problem is how do i either create a calendar control or two drop downs on the page itself that the user can change to view the nessisary data. Im assuming a command button will also be needed. is there a way to pass the values from controls on a dap to the que...

Database Design Question
I am very new to database design, and kind of learning as I go. Thus I have a question about the design of my database. I am working on a budget database. I have a table that contains all the Categories (Cat_ID, Description, Income/Expense), a table with transactions (I have other tables doing other unrelated things. I have a form to input transactions, and a form to add new categories (This is a multiple items form). The categories is basically my chart of accounts. My ultimate goal is to create a form where I can select a budget month and year, and have it list all t...

ChartLabeler Questions
I have been using the ChartLabeler from appspro.com that by the way it is fantastic!!!!!!. in all my charts to add difference kind of labels However, I have noticed that every time I have new data to load in my chart the chartlabeler does not update automatically the new points loaded in the graph. I have more than 30 graphs in this file and I have to add the label again to each graph to get the new point with the label. Do you know if there is any way to automate this chartlabeler? I will appreciate you helping with this matter. Maperalia Unfortunately the labeler cannot keep up wi...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

XmlTextWriter Usage question
I would like to store the contents of the xml created via the XmlTextWriter to a string as opposed to a file. Is this possible ? If so how ? Is this the best way to create xml that gets stored to a variable? Am I better off using the xmldom ? This is possible, in fact it's even pretty easy. Create a StringWriter that writes to a stringbuilder, or a stream based on a memory stream. Pass either of these to the XmlTextWriter, perform your operations, then pull your string out of the stringbuilder or the memory stream. It's about 3 lines of code, total... -- Chris Mullins,...

Really easy question
I know that this must be a very basic question but I just can't find the answer to it in excel help. When I am typing in a cell how can I force excel to start a new line without tabing the word to the end of the current cell. i.e. This is what I get Mr Jones 25 Freemount Street Potter Bar End and this is what I would like Mr Jones 25 Freemount Street Potter Bar End Apologies for the really silly question. Thank you rit...@hotmail.com wrote: > When I am typing in a cell how can I force excel to start a new line ALT+ENTER On 31 Oct 2005 22:21:24 -0800, "Bucky" <u...

macros vba question
is there a way that when I save as a file. If a cell in a worksheet says Week 1 it will copy and paste with vaules a col if if says week 2 is will copy and paste with values a different col in the worksheet You can do this with a macro. I am assuming you mean a particular cell on a particular sheet, not just any cell on any sheet. The following code checks cell A1 on Sheet1 whenever you save the workbook. If A1 contains Week 1 then column D is copied & pasted in place as values. If A1 contains Week 2 then column E is copied & pasted in place as values. Private Sub W...

CPrintDialog question #2
I am using the following code to print a dialog. The problem is that the resulting print is blocked out under the print dialog (data missing that was under the printer selection dialog). void CResultsDlg::OnBnClickedPrint() { CPrintDialog dlg(FALSE); if (dlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { // Create a printer device context (DC) based on the information // selected from the Print dialog. HDC hdc = dlg.CreatePrinterDC(); ASSERT(hdc); CString strWindowTitle; GetWindowText(strWindowTitle); VERIFY(PrintWindow(m_hWnd,hdc,strWindowTitle)); CDC::FromHandle(hdc)->DeleteDC(); } } What can I do ...

Sending to multiple addresses

Need help building query
I'm not that familiar to Access and would appreciate some help building the following SQL query. I have two tables, and if two categories match within the tables, then I would like a third category entry updated to the first table. 1st Table: Working 2nd Table: Original Categories (columns) that should match between table 1 and 2: Pt Acct # Charge Cd If the entires for a line match, then update: Lawson # (take from Original table and enter into line for Working table) So, basically if the (Pt Acct #) AND (Charge Cd) in the (Original) table match the (Pt Acct #) AND (Charge Cd) in...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

Newbie questions
Hi there After many years of using Outlook express I am locking at moving over to Outlook. What I am about to ask has probable been asked a thousand times on the group, but I'm new here so I'm sorry. I am using Outlook 2000 I have run Outlook for the first time and said yes to the default directory where the files are held, thinking that I would be able to change it after like in express, but I can't see how, where or how do I change this directory? I have a main pc and a notebook, don't know if this can be done but can I sync the data between the 2 systems? If ...

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one