Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate

I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a
bunch of information into a single field.  Unfortunately, the field length
exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text
field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field.

I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into
that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete
it when I am done with it.

Any recommendations?
--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -0700, Dale Fye <dale.fye@nospam.com> wrote:

>I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into
>that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete
>it when I am done with it.
>
>Any recommendations?

If you want the text to end up in a Memo field, AFAIK you have no choice but
to create the table first.

MakeTables are rarely (IME) necessary. If you want a scratch table, just
create it once, keep it around, and empty it when you're done with it.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Formatting Coloured Text
I am able to download a daily Excel file consisting of one worksheet. The font is coloured mainly black, red and blue. Black indicates neutral, red negative and blue positive. Could I fill the red and blue font cells with a piece of code, so that they are more visible and throw up possible patterns? Say blue, font with a yellow background and red with green which would give a good contrast Try this little code snippet Sub TheFontColor() Dim Mud As Range, cell As Range Set Mud = Range("A1:C5") For Each cell In Mud If cell.Font.ColorIndex = 5 _ Then cell.Interior.Col...

Proper use of ON_CONTROL
Im working on a custom control but I can't make heads or tails out of how to use this macro to map the messages the control sends. According to MSDN, this is the proper syntax: ON_CONTROL( wNotifyCode, id, memberFxn ) Parameters wNotifyCode The notification code of the control. id The command ID. memberFxn The name of the message-handler function to which the command is mapped. From what little i have been able to piece together through the MSDN website, these forums, and the documentation that came with VC++, it seems like I should be using WM_COMMAND as the wNotifyCode, and ...

Outlook Message start with white text and white background...
I am having an issue with Outlook whereas when I write a message... It starts with white text on a white background? WE will presume that you have already checked under Tools->options->mail format->fonts? If yes, are you using Word as your editor and have you chosen a Style that uses this font color against a dark background? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Ron.... asked: | I am having an issue...

VS Debug Mobile
Hi, When I'm writing mobile apps in vb.net and want to F5 to deploy and run in debug, I'd like to force the device's internet connection to be the one used rather than the PC's internet connection. Active Sync & Windows Mobile Device Center don't seem to offer that as a configuration choice. I want to be able to debug in VS on the PC while the app runs on the device and uses it's internet connection. I've tried both Work Connection and Internet, Automatic for "the computer is connected to" setting. Please suggest solutions. ...

Make Default

How can I create a formla using date ranges
How can I create a formula that will do this: = IF cell A2 ="m" and if cell D2 is between 5/19/06 and 6/20/06 than cell E2 ="June" + if A2 = "m" and D2 is between 6/21/06 and 7/18/06 than E2 = "July" and so on? This is the formula I used: =AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38854:38888,"June")+AND(A2="m")*IF(D2=38889:38916,"July") I either get an #Value!, or some other error. Please help! If June / July is your only concern, then: =if( A2 <> "m", ___whatever happens if A2 is not m____, if( and(D2>3885...

making a transfer show up in the budget

How do you change cells with formula's to the value or text?
In lotus it is possible to change the formula in a cell to the text or the number that that formula returns. Of course, you can not reverse it, but in is very helpful sometimes. Is that possible in Excel CTRL + ~ will toggle between formulas and values -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Use the propertyInfo to setValues
Hello. I am using the propertyInfo type. dim pi as propertyInfo pi = myClass.getType().getProperty("myPropertyName", BindingFlags.Public Or BindingFlags.Instance) myPropertyName may be any property, such as borderLevel, etc. I want to set myPropertyName to a specific value, as propertyGrid does (I mean - by sending it a string). I see there are methods : getGetMethod, and getSetMethod - Are those method the property editors ? Can I use those method to solve the problem ? How can I do that ? Thanks :) On 21/06/2010 13:45, Mr. X. wrote: > I am using...

Using a COUNTIF statement with an AND operator
I'm using Excel 2003 so I hope I'm not limited here. We are performing a space usage survey and I need to compile the data results. Each location has 70 entries over the course of 10 days. I have a column for "group work" where the value is either 1 or 0. I have another column for # of people observed in a particular office. What I'm trying to do is the following: Get a count of instances where "# of people" = 1 and "group work" = 0 I'm doing a lot of countif statements, but I don't see how to do a countif with an and operato...

trimming text
I'm working with mutual fund names that have the share class attached to the end. I'm trying to write the formula that would trim them so that just the name appears. For example: I have... I need.... Acorn Growth A Acorn Growth Acorn Growth B Acorn Growth Munder Total Return A Munder Total Return Munder Total Return C Munder Total Return Munder Total Return I Munder Total Return One way: =TRIM(LEFT(A1, FIND("$", SUBSTITUTE(A1, " ", "$", LEN(A1) - LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1, "...

Save workbook as a Text file
Hi, I have recorded a macro to store an Excel workbook as a .* txt file. The result from the macro-recorder is mentioned below --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ActiveWorkbook. SaveAs Filename:="C:\Temp\map1.txt", _ FileFormat:=xlTextMSDOS, CreateBackup:=False --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If I carry out above action manually the text is taken over exactly the same as in the workbook, however if I carry out the action by using the above a macro, some data with "quotations ma...

Merging two tables
I have two tables in Access, and want to link each of them to a single table. If I use the File, Get External Data, Link Tables option, it creates two tables that are each linked to a single table. One way of solving this is to do as above, and then merge the two linked tables. How do I merge tables? Do the two tables have the same structure (fields and data types)? If so, you could use an append query to append one table's records to the other. Steve "Steven" wrote: > I have two tables in Access, and want to link each of them to a single table. > > If I use ...

how do I set up outlook for home use?
How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? Contact your ISP for your mail account settings (or import them from Outlook Express if you have it setup there.) Install your profile and account settings and you are good to go. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, dauexghouse asked: | How do I set up my microsoft outlook e-mail for home use? ...

Organizing workbooks using file folders
Hi I need some some help with organizing workbooks. If anyone can give me an idea about how to organize workbooks through file folders, I would appreciate it Hi ~X Could you be a bit more specific please? What is that you need to do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

link to the exchange table is missing
We have had several transactions; receiving and AP apply batches (and possibly others) in which the link to the exchange table is missing (in receivings new transactions cannot be saved as the exchange rate can't be found). We have been using GP without incident for a long time & no obvious processes were run prior to this error occurring. I ran Check Links & still receive the error. Is a valid exchange rate listed? They do expire and the parameters of your setup determine how long they are valid. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Docu...

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

making tickets

Concatenate with Javascript if 3 fields are present
I have 3 fields in a form that I need to concatenate into a string to populate a new field called Test ID, the format ulfor test id should equal LNAME_DOB_TestDate. Patient Name (format is LNAME, FNAME) DOB TestDate There should always be a comma between the LNAME, FNAME field. I need to parse out the LName to the comma to create the string LNAME_DOB_TestDate. This should only happen when all 3 fields are present. Any help appreciated. Thanks. ...

Animated GIF
Is there a way to insert an Animated GIF to XL? -- Regards, Marvin Hlavac Toronto, Canada Hi I have not found a way to put an animated gif directly into an excel worksheet, at least up to excel 97. As for newer versions, I don't know if any of them support animated gifs. Animated gifs can be used in an excel vba user form using the free gif89 control. HTH Ken "Marvin Hlavac" <hlavac@rogersSPAM.com> wrote in message news:%23Uuz87MlDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to insert an Animated GIF to XL? > > -- > Regards, > Ma...

Combine Data from Two Tables Options
Our company has two databases, one for international customers and one for US customers. These two table contain the same fields but seperate data (see below). Is there any way I can creat a query to show me all the records? Is this possible Table 1 US Customers CustomerName SalesRep StartDate AAA111 A 01/01/08 BBB222 B 05/01/07 CCC333 C 01/01/07 Table 2 International Customers CustomerName SalesRep StartDate DDD444 ...

closing a form that uses a Dlookup
I have a form I use to enter new production requirements in to a table. On that form I have a the following controls Code Qty Needed Date Needed Plan Date The Code control has the following VBA on the On Exit event: Private Sub fldcode_Exit(Cancel As Integer) Dim varrtgno As String Dim vardays As Double Dim varfstop As Date Dim varplandate As Date varrtgno = DLookup("[rtg_no]", "dbo_imitmidx_sql", "[item_no]='" & [Forms]![frm enter fillroom requirements]![fldcode] & "'") 'Me!rtgno = varrtgno Select Case varrtgno ' some cas...

wmpnetwk.exe using 100% of CPU
The process wmpnetwk.exe is continually using all of my CPU. I am using Windows 7 and I want to share media to my D-Link DSM-750. Is there any way to temporarily turn this off and then turn in back on when I need to share files? ...