mail merge with Word and Access Query

I am trying to create a Word mail merge with an Access database query that
has a parameter (asks for a unique date).
When Word asks for "Select Recipients" I go to my database and the dialog
box lists the database along with all of my Queries EXCEPT QUERIES THAT HAVE
A PARAMETER so I cannot select the parameter query that contains the list of
recipients that I want send to .
How do I get the parameter query to be listed so I can select it to be the
target of my Mail Merge?

Free Data Process/Query Tool
If you use Excel everyday and spend lots of time on data/text processing, then you will find the this tool (UDQ Add-in) is very powerful and can speed up your daily data processing work. Currently the tool is free for everyone. Please feel free to distribute this tool to your friends/colleagues if you think it is helpful to your work. The following is a list of features/functionality of the tool: 1> Query/Import Data from Multiple External Data/Text/ASCII Files (Can useful import data from hundreds of files within minutes) 2> Query/Import Data from Multiple Closed Excel Files (Can...

impossible to access the "news" from outlook 2003
I wanted to set-up my newsgroups access In outlook 2003. I followed the documented procedure (toolbar/standard/customize) from the help menu to add the "News" selection to the "GO" menu. It worked but when I exited Outlook and got back later the "news" menu disappeared. I tried to reinstate it following the same installation procedure but the News option is no more available in the "toolbar/customize list". Looks like a bug. Has anybody faced the same issue ? Is there a workaround to access the Newsgroup interface ? Thanks, Laurent conflicts ...

OWA to POP, IMAP: OWA access, need pop3, IMAP, or Forwarding
Hi, I have recently been given a new email address by my school, which is only accessible through exchange and OWA. The thing is, I already have an exchange server, and 2 pop accounts already setup into my single profile, which is linked to my blackberry -- everything is already well integrated. Adding this profile or OWA screws everything up. Is there a peice of software I can run that reads my OWA account and forwards it to POP or IMAP? The new OWA won't even let me forward the mail. Thanks for the help. Jeff. On 4 Dec 2006 07:16:39 -0800, "Jeff Sherwin" <subtle@gmai...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

Formula query #2
I am trying to identify a formula which will add and then display th number of times a number appears in a range. For example, the range looks like this .......A...........B............C 1...1110......1110.......1114 2...1110..... 1111.......1111 3...1111......1112.......1110 4...1111......1113.......1111 The numbers which appear in the applicable range e.g. 1110, could b any number between 1110 and 9999 and as such I cannot simply predefin which number to look for. I am hoping the output could like as follows: .......A........B 1....1110....4 2....1111....5 3....1112....1 4.....

disabling queries or dataranges
I have a large spreadsheet with many embedded queries pulling from an access database that i want to publish to lots of different people. how do i keep the queries from trying to refresh when those people open the book, besides cutting and pasting all the values from one spreadsheet into another one without data ranges? I want the spreadsheet to ask me whether it should refresh on opening, and it does, but i want to be able to disable this and send it on without lot's of work. excel 2000. thanks. -- johnlengacher -------------------------------------------------------------------...

query will not write to excel
I have set up a query to a Foxpro .dbf file in a database from excel. When I tell Excel to import the data it it appears to be working but never seems to return the data. Running the same query via msquery.exe returns the data with no problem. Can anyone tell me what the problem is ? ...

duplicate contacts and e mail
I have just set up a new mail profile and imported my mail settings from a saved pst file and all of my e mails and contacts are duplicated, is there a way that I can get rid of the duplicates without going through everything one by one? The file is about 500mb and there are hundreds of contacts. Is there a free duplicate e mail remover? http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wit...

Troubleshooting external -> My company e-mail
A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address mymail@myfamilydomain.com to his company mailbox. He claims that all e-mails sent from that domain does not get delivered. As far as I know the Exchange AV is not configured to block 'myfamilydomain.com'. I look the logs of the Exchange AV and see no reports there of quarantine messages related to @familydomain.com. What else could I do troubleshoot this type of scenario ? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address >mym...

No New Mail
HI All Can anyone help me I have a number of users that are experiencing a problem. The problem is that a new mail icon will appear in their task bar but when they open outlook there is no message in there inbox. Has anyone seen this before? We are running a Exchange 2003. Please Help. Thanks Does the message gets deleted by a rule or the server by te anti-virus/spam software? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Stuart Hagon" <anonymous@discuss...

Passing an argument from a query to a command
I am trying to send a report using an email address in a DB. I wrote the following code for it. Private Sub Reminder_Letter_Command_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Reminder_Letter_Command_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim SendTO As String stDocName = "BG Reminder Letter" RunQuery MsgBox "This is After RunQuery " & SendTO SendTO = [Queries]![BG email only from email from ae code].EmailAddress MsgBox "This is SendTO 2 Value ==== " & SendTO DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewNormal DoCmd.SendObject acSend...

Deny Access to Mailbox
Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific users? Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin A from being able to read dom admin B email from either Outlook or directly from the server. Thanks. neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what version of Exchange? do they have SA explicitly or via a group? "Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3b8f4$20379370$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific > users? > > Essentially my ...

Converting Numerical values to Words
I am fairly new to the ins and outs of Microsoft Access 2003 but have been able to work through all of my problems thus far except one. I started using check boxes for storing user inputed data from a form. When the box is checked I have made it equal a value ranging from 1 to 6 according to the desired group. This stores the number in a table which I then reference many times in queries as well as reports. Here is my question, how do I convert from those stored numbers, taken from the check boxes, to words that can be easily outputted to a report so that anyone can read it without ...

problems with toolbar-can't access certan commands i.e.hyperlink
can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. Help magnus wrote: > can't access some commands - was working fine - now some commands are in grey > - the commands disappeared from the pull down in the commands bar. The hyperlink option may only appear when you are creating a Web Publication in certain versions of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Trial version? You may have run out of time. Some pulldowns only work when you are creating a ...

Unmatched Query Question
I have a database that I'm using to pull the names of students who have applied for graduation from an Excel spreadsheet, that is updated weekly, into an Access Table. Right now, I'm using an unmatched query to pull Student IDs who have not previously appeared on the Excel spreadsheet. At first, I was a little worried about this because if a student applies for graduation with a dual degree, their name shows up on the Excel Spreadsheet twice (see example below). 111000 Pig Porky BA.PSY 111000 Pig Porky BFA.FP Fortunately, as long as the student's ID number isn't on the Eval S...

Size Limitations for Attachments send with Outlook E-Mail
Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? Thank you. "Tim" <tgregoire@craneandhoistsales.com> wrote in message news:080201c3dea4$4a835670$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when > attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how > one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? > Thank you. Have you checked that your ISP and/or system admin haven't put a limit on? ...

Word problems 2003 and 2007 version
hey everyone both on my main computer and my brothers laptop word isnt working! its so annoying! on my desktop PC i have windows xp and word 2003. after getting a virus which stopped the internet from working i had to do a system restore - which got rid of the virus. but when i click on word it says that "this shortcut only applies to installed products", and when i go to word through program files it says "this product is not installed on this user" - but there is no setup thing i can press - will i need the disc maybe? on my bro's laptop he got the sa...

Migrating folders and mail from Entourage to Apple Mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am trying to move folders and their contents from Entourage to Apple Mail. I already set up the exchange account on mail and had previously used the Import Mailboxes feature to move my POP account folders and content. When running that Import Mailboxes utility it does not recognize any of the folders for the Exchange account. <br><br>I did go back and delete the POP account to see if leaving only the Exchange account would work. I even shut down the computer and restarted...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

SpellCheck Will it work on the Access 2007 Runtime?
I have a program that I have compiled. It has the following. Private Sub cmdSpellCheck_Click() Me.Call_Notes.SetFocus RunCommand acCmdSpelling End Sub Is this going to work on a runtime or will I need a full version of Access to use it? You can simulate using the runtime of A2007 quite easily for testing. To do it, change the extension of the file from accdb to accdr. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Avid Fan" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:ulRyIhQ4KHA.4804@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a program t...

Restricting Domain Logon w/OWA Access
I have multiple general mailboxes in exchange 2003 and would like to deny local logon access to the domain while allowing owa access to these e-mail accounts. I tried solving the problem by allowing only logons to the domain controller and the exchange server from these general mailboxes, but I receive access denied while attempting to log onto owa. Please help... ...

Need to merge multiple records in to one.. Can it be done?
I have a table with thousands of records containing a clients name in one field, a date in a second field and then a note in a third field. A new record is created each time a note was entered for that client. Example: Client A 01/01/01 First Note Client A 01/05/01 Second Note Client A 02/10/01 Third Note Client B 01/01/01 First Note What I need to do is convert this information so each client only has one record and in that record are all of their notes and the dates for those notes. The data is going to be imported in a new program so it must be in the new format. Can someone ...

how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel?
how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel? You can not clear it whenever you want. You can however set the no of file names to be displayed to 0 which clears the list... In Excel 2003 Tool->Options->General Enter 0 against 'Recently Used File List' of clear the check box. Click 'OK' Word has a similar option. For 2007 versions or if you want to play with Registry Settings (not advised unless you understand it well) see http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-p...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

Creating Accounts under Windows Mail
I'm using Vista sp2 home premium . I just done a restore back to factory setting and I just now down all the Windows Updates . I am trying to create accounts under Windows Mail ... I am able to enter all the correct data for the account , /serve /pop/smtp/password ... Everything is good in that sense of it but once I finish creating account it does not appear within the program ( Windows Mail ) I don't see any folder for it . Is there some sore of setting that I need to correct ? More or less how does one see their email accounts under Windows Mail ? PS : These email ...