Like Criteria Question using a control from a Form

I am trying to do a like criteria with 2 wildcards using a text box as the
parameter.
The original data comes from our ERP system that I ODBC to.

Everything I read tells me I am writing the criteria correctly but it will
not pull any data or I get an ODBC fail message.  But if I take out the Form
control as the parameter and just type the parameter it works.

Here is my criteria

Like"*" & [Forms]![NewBlockForm]![Text0] & "*"

Does anyone have any suggestions as why this is not working.

I am trying to filter down the results that the production people need to
view to decide what is the best part number.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dawn

Try this --
Like "%" & [Forms]![NewBlockForm]![Text0] & "%"

--
Build a little, test a little.

"DawnP277" wrote:

> I am trying to do a like criteria with 2 wildcards using a text box as the
> parameter.
> The original data comes from our ERP system that I ODBC to.
>
> Everything I read tells me I am writing the criteria correctly but it will
> not pull any data or I get an ODBC fail message.  But if I take out the Form
> control as the parameter and just type the parameter it works.
>
> Here is my criteria
>
> Like"*" & [Forms]![NewBlockForm]![Text0] & "*"
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as why this is not working.
>
> I am trying to filter down the results that the production people need to
> view to decide what is the best part number.
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Dawn

Font Size in Labels on Forms
How can I change the font size on a label in a form. There is no obvious option (in 97'). I have tried font.size = 12 etc to no avail... Cheers.... -- The Zero ST This worked in xl2003: Me.Label1.Font.Size = 12 Craig Coope wrote: > > How can I change the font size on a label in a form. There is no > obvious option (in 97'). > > I have tried font.size = 12 etc to no avail... > > Cheers.... > > -- > The Zero ST -- Dave Peterson On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:53:50 -0500, Dave Peterson <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote: >This worked in xl200...

I would like to
I would like to have the Sales rep printed on the receipt, how do I accomplish this? Craig, Download the Receipt - 40 column with Sales Rep from here; http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu You must have access to CustomerSource. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://tinyurl.com/75bgz ********** &qu...

Virtual computing question...
First off, why is there no microsoft group for windows 7? Secondly, and my question is windows 7 based, I want to create an image of my old XP computer & install it on my Windows 7 computer, so it will run under virtual PC. Is this possible? On 24 Mar 2010, Mike <texan767@hotmail.com> wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > First off, why is there no microsoft group for windows 7? Microsoft's decision was to support Windows 7 only through a web forum. No usenet groups. There is an unoffical usenet group called alt.windows7.general Hello Mike, ...

using outlook for email
I have windows xp and also office 200 premium.however, when i try sending an email while using explorer, i receive a message that reads "either there is no default mail client or current client cannot fulfill messaging request.Please run outlook and set it as the default mail client. I use AOL and have no problem sending email when i use it, however, when i use explorer i can't. is there a way i can set it up to be able to send an email? do i always have to open aol to send one? also, i have no idea how to configure it.also, when i try to set outlokk up, it asks for a postof...

Missing import filter for Word! Like "WordPerfect 5.1 (UNIX)" ...
I'm missing much import filter on Office-Mac (specially WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX for Word.mac). Office 95/97/2000/XP for windows have much more useful import filter. Why all this filter are missing in Office.mac????? Or are all them included in an additional package????? Hi Dieter, This question has been answered over and over again in the Macintosh Word newsgroup. Take a gander in that newsgroup for your answer. Office does not ship with a converter because a converter has not been built that does a good job with converting. Details are here: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WordP...

Notebook Layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I usually use the notebook layout view, and when doing bullets if I want to promote it I used to be able to use the backspace button and it would go back to the bullet that was ahead of mine. Now when I do that it works more like the normal layout and I cannot get to the previous bullets. Is there a way to change this? Use Shift+Tab to promote to the previous level. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/29/10 10:12 AM, in article 59bb624f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "mixbabe13@officeformac.com" &l...

Demoting Domain Controller with CRM 3.0
I have a working CRM 3.0 environment running on a single server with SQL and reporting services. This machine is also a Domain Controller and CRM was installed after the machine was promoted to a Domain Controller. I am in the process of migrating application to virtual machines, so I want to demote this machine before I do the P to V. Does anyone have any experience with or know of any issues with CRM after a demotion? Thanks, Tim ...

Bank Reconciliation problem/question
In working on the reconciliation we've run across several transactions in the bank reconciliation screen that, in fact, are in a different checkbook than the one being reconcilied. As an example, we were reconciling our JPMorganChase bank account and one of the deposits listed in the screen is number 00000000000000000021 for $127,024.77 dated 2/22/06. However, this deposit, when zoomed in on, is actually in another of our checkbooks. It doesn't show up in the checkbook inquiry for Chase nor did it hit the g/l account associated with the Chase checkbook. There was a deposit wit...

Hide Rows per criteria
I need to look thru a range " Worksheets(1).Range("R4:AI7000") " row by row and hide the row if "ICG" is not in any of the 18 cells in that row. Similar to what AutoFilter does only in VBA. "ICG" can show up once or twice per row and in any position along the 18 cells. If "ICG" is found, do nothing and check next row. If found hide the row. Once printed I would like to un-hide all rows. Thanks, Rick For Each cell In range("R4:R7000) If Application.Countif("ICG",cell.Resize(,18)) > 0 Then cell....

Making Excel act like a database.
I need some help on a common problem in our company. We have several clients that we have agreed to do some Excel 2003 spreadsheets for. The spreadsheets analyze our performance for them. These spreadsheets follow a very specific formatting that the clients have gotten use to and are unwilling to change. When we have to update the spreadsheets once a month, it can take all day to do the updating for each client because we are currently using copy and paste to get the data in the right cells. I'll explain more in a second, but what I am hoping to find out from this posting is alternate...

Macro Help
I need a macro that will insert a number of rows based on the number of months between a start and end date and then copy the information in the above row to the new rows. The records are over 8,350.. so ill also need some idea how to get it to stop when it fills the worksheet so i can transfer those into another workbook What version of Excel are you using? "Katerinia" <Katerinia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:394E5E6B-C761-4D83-87BC-B0A88AA41BAF@microsoft.com... >I need a macro > that will insert a number of rows > based on the...

I can't define the tab-sequence of the controls in my dialog
Hi all, I am still working with Visual C++ 6.0. My dialog-based program does not follow the tab-sequence which I define for my controls. In fact the tab-sequence is the sequence in which I installed them. Has anybody else had this effect? Wish I could get a useful advice! TIA ThoK >I am still working with Visual C++ 6.0. My dialog-based program does >not follow the tab-sequence which I define for my controls. In fact >the tab-sequence is the sequence in which I installed them. There's a facility in the dialog editor that lets you edit the tab order. I can...

Logic question #2
I have a manual process that involves viewing customer billing data in an xl sheet and looking for a customer number value that repeats. If the customer number repeats that infers that there are multiple invoices. We edit our xl sheet by adding adjacent columns with the following 4 column headings: "Logic", "Current", "+1", and "+2". The user inputs "0" to denote it is a current invoice or a "1" or a "2" to place in aging bucket column in the logic column for that customer row. The remaining three columns have @if ...

Layaway question
Is there anyway to delete Layaway transactions without having to use the Delete all sales transaction option in SO Administrator? I need to reimport layaways from an old POS and need the ones in the current RMS removed. Thanks for any suggestions. Thomas, Backup first !! The sample database has 10 order type transactions in it, that's where the "10" comes from. Adjust per your needs. From "How to delete the Sample Data"; TO DELETE SAMPLE ORDERS (Work Orders, Layaways, Quotes, Back Orders) 5. Run the following SQL statements in Administrator: a. Click Qu...

Formulas and background color used by a cell
Is it possible to create a formula that outputs a different result depending on the background color used by a particular cell? Something along the lines of:- =IF(AND(A1="Test",COLOR=RED)=TRUE,"Test true","Test false") So it would only return a true result if the contents of A1 said the word Test as well as having a background color of red. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Seb -- Sebastian Kinnaird You'll have to use some VBA to get the colors. Chip Pearson has a nice function at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Sebast...

crystal report criteria
I have a customer on ver. 1.2 and they want to be able to filter by Custom Text5. It only gives options up to Custom Text 4. Any suggestions? ...

Excel 97
I'm new to this and would like to know how to get external data (foreign currency table) from web using MS Query. The Help in Excel doesn' t seem clear to me! Thanks. first thing I would try is, in excel, to do File=>Open and type in the URL. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Steve Wood >>>@hotmail.com> <<<<<No_Address> wrote in message news:3f9ba441$0$444$1b62eedf@news.wanadoo.nl... > I'm new to this and would like to know how to get external data (foreign > currency table) from web using MS Query. The Help in Excel doesn' t seem > clear ...

COMBINING CELLS WITH LIKE DATA
I HAVE A SPREADSHEET TO TRACK INTERNAL MACHINING SCRAP SIMILAR TO THE ONE BELOW. I AM LOOKING FOR A WAY TO INSTANTANIOUSLY COMBINE ALL THE TOTALS FOR CUSTOMER A OR PART 13112 OR MACHINE B9 ON ANOTHER SPREADSHEET IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A WAY TO DO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS. DATE CUSTOMER PART MACH # QTY TOTAL 8/9/2004 A 111 B9 2 13.46 8/9/2004 S 123 B9 4 26.92 6/4/2004 S 123 C14 5 31.95 6/1/2004 M 2131 C14 12 29.88 7/22/2004 B 13123 C3 1 0.75 7/5/2004 A 12312 C4 1 0.75 7/5/2004 ...

newbie needs help - ACCESS - Word
Is it possible to import into a Word Table or Excel spreadsheet x number of records so that you could have on a page, like four photos across and several lines text fields underneath and then repeat the whole thing again, for a total of eight records on a given page? ...

My Headers are Spam Like
I have an Exchange 5.5 server on NT domain, the headers on messages say: received from <machine name>.<domain name> which is SERVERA.COMPANYB, and some sites are rejecting our mail as spam. I think it's a dns problem because SERVERA.COMPANYB doesn't resolve to anything. Is there any way I can get a .COM into that header? dlw wrote: > I have an Exchange 5.5 server on NT domain, the headers on messages > say: received from <machine name>.<domain name> which is > SERVERA.COMPANYB, and some sites are rejecting our mail as spam. > I think it's a...

IVR using VC++ 6.0
I need to research IVR (interactive voice response) systems in MS VC++ 6.0 for my internship with HCL group. I've got myself acquainted to VC++ 6.0 MFC, Intel Dialogic Media Boards, and the basics of software used for management and switching of calls in a PBX system. I need some tutorials or some guidance on building IVR in VC++ 6.0 This probably isn't the right forum. The problem is less with VC++ and more with things like how to handle speech-to-text transformations, semantic analysis of the input, modeling state machines driving the decision process, etc. Those are all highly sp...

Monitor display is shifted to the left unreasonably and irreparably regardless of monitor used.
I have two Acer V223W monitors plugged into the PC, using "Intel HD Graphics (Core i5)" adapter and Windows 7. I think this is a Windows issue and not a hardware issue because of the following behavior... (BTW, if there's a better group for me to post this to, please let me know!) It seems that no matter which of the two monitors is plugged into the VGA port (as opposed to the DVI), that monitor in that port will have the display shifted far to the left. So far that using the H. Position adjustment all the way to the right still won't show the whole screen, and inc...

Can I view image attachments in Outlook like they appear in Outlook Express?
Can I view image attachments in Outlook like they appear in Outlook Express, where they appear underneath the message body? Alternatively, can I "preview" them, rather than having to start up my image editing program just to see them? Thanks. No you can't view them inline. Have you tried changing the default program for opening images to your preview program so that it starts up automatically when you double click on an image attachment? "tasbill" <bill_griffin1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:02c501c393c4$d8bc5480$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can I view ima...

two criteria in DLookup
No error when compiling but when open form, got 'type mismatch'. Here is the code: Private Sub Form_Load() If DLookup("[userid]", "users", "Trim([userid]) = '" & Left(fOSUserName(), 8) & "' AND [EmailAll] = " & -1) Then cmdMassEmail.Enabled = True ElseIf DLookup("[userid]", "users", "Trim([userid]) = '" & Left(fOSUserName(), 8) & "' AND [Grade] = " & -1) Then cmdGrade.Enabled = True End If End Sub Both [EmailAll] a...

some of my email att. say error opening data base 2000 I use outl.
some of my email att. say error opening data base 2000 I use outlook. imdp2u <imdp2u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > some of my email att. say error opening data base 2000 I use outlook. Let me se if I understand your post. "When I attempt to open some of my email attachments I receive the error message 'error opening data base 2000'. I use Outook." Is that correct? Assuming it is, I'd say you have a problem not with Outlook but with the installation of whatever database the attachments require. Have you tried saving them to disk prior to opening t...