Join to get "exception" records

I have two queries Q1 and Q2 which have a common ID field.
I want to get the records of Q1 except those where the ID
exists in Q2.

Is there a way to do this?

TIA
0
john

The Query wizard includes an "unmatched query" that will do what you are
asking for.

--
Hope that helps!

RBear3
..

<john@john.com> wrote in message news:46310F54.2030007@john.com...
>I have two queries Q1 and Q2 which have a common ID field.
> I want to get the records of Q1 except those where the ID
> exists in Q2.
>
> Is there a way to do this?
>
> TIA

0
RBear3
4/26/2007 7:50:35 PM
Cool!  Thank you!

RBear3 wrote:
> The Query wizard includes an "unmatched query" that will do what you are
> asking for.

0
john
4/26/2007 9:08:19 PM
You can also use a sub query in the where statement.  Were: Not in (select
uniqueID from Q2).  You will need to do a right join for your 2 tables,
select all from Q1 and only those in Q2 that match.

"john@john.com" wrote:

> Cool!  Thank you!
>
> RBear3 wrote:
> > The Query wizard includes an "unmatched query" that will do what you are
> > asking for.

unhandled object exception error message #2
Hi everyone, If anyone knows how to help me resolve an issue that frequently pops up when trying to export a smartlist table to excel, I would really appreciate your help! We get this error message: Unhandled Object Exception. Unable to set the interactive property of the Application class EXCEPTION_CLASS_OBJECT_EXCEPTION Does anyone know how to resolve? Thanks!!! Hi, Lily! I know some of my users occasionally get a error message when trying to export to Excel. I don't recall the exact message, but I think it's the same one you're getting. It seems to happen when they A) ...

C/C++ Exception Handling Issue
Our main program is a MFC based application, mainly written in using C VC6. Part of its functionality is the ability to run scripts that can call other DLL functions. i.e. you can load, run and unload a DLL. To increase program security from GPFs in the called DLL functions i added try/catch handling. This is the issue : - When a certain 3rd party DLL is called and generates a first chance exception, our handler kicks in. Thus you would expect that the DLL did NOT have exception handling code. HOWEVER, when this function is run without protection, the called DLL just continues working (th...

CRecordset IS not working or throwing Exception on some Win XP Build 5.1 SP2 machine
Hi, I have a VC7++ VS2003 program that uses CRecordSet to write one record to a SQLAnywhere database via ODBC, a Code Sniplet is contained below, on most machine running the same OS and Build it works flawlessly, however on this one XP Build 5.1 SP@ machine it never ends up writing the record. Nor does it give any errors. Can someone please help with letting me know how to resolve this. Also I tried creating a program in c# using ODBCDataAdapter and was able to write records to this database.. MY VC7 VS2003 code sniplet below is this: CRecsetTemplates* pRST2 = new CRecsetTemplates( m_p...

OMA Security Exception
Please can someone help with this I believe the server updated itself from Windows Update by downloading a new version of the .net framework This has broken OMA which now gives the following error after logging in: Server Error in '/OMA' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level ...

exceptions not being caught under any circumstances
I have built a hello world console application that supports MFC. The following code correctly catches the exception and prints "exception happened". The compiler setting to support synchronous (/GX) and asynchronous (/EHa) both work as well. int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { try{ throw(1); } catch(...) { printf("exception happened"); } } I have a second application in which the above code NEVER catches the exception. Compiler,Linker and Preprocessor are all identical. I am also using MFC statically in both applications. The second application is a 1 meg executa...

Point of Sale 2.0: Unhandled exception Error
This is the message we get and then we have to restart: An exception of type System.ArgumentNullException has occurred. Exception Message: The argument 'newCriteria' passed to the method 'Microsoft.Rms.Datadriver.CriteriaAnd.AddCriteria(...)' is a null value. Parameter name: newCriteria Can someone explain what is happening here ? -- ...

eConnect and BizTalk
I have a couple of quick questions for those of you using BizTalk in connection with the eConnect adapter. We are using eConnect for pulling in invoices to receivables. 1. What type of exception handling are you able to incorporate into your orchestration? An issue I am having is that I can see errors in the event logs and Health and Activity Tracking (HAT), but because the eConnect adapter does not support Solicit-Response I cannot trap and respond to errors in the receivables transaction. I am hoping I do not need to create a custom adapter to handle this. 2. When transmitting...

Error Message-Unhandled script exception
Everytime my GP Ver.9 homepage tries to refresh, this window pops up. It has the above message as well as "Index 13 of local array is out of range in script 'XML_BuildSingleMetric'. Script terminated. Any help is appreciated but keep in mind, I'm a pretty basic user that follows directions well... This script is run for every metric that you have set to display on your system. So when you refresh the home page, GP runs through your selected metrics, pulls the data for each, then calls this script which formats the XML for display purposes. One of the paramaters to t...

CRM Mobile OutOfMemory Exception?
We are trying to deploy CRM Mobile onto quite a few Cingular 8525 PDA phones, and we keep getting out of memory exceptions. The devices have 64MB of ram, and don't have anything else running at the time. While I understand that 64MB is the minimum, it does seem that these devices should work. The exact errors are: a message box that says: "Your device is low on memory. Tap OK to exit CRM Mobile. Free memory and restart CRM Mobile." the details: ------------------------------------------------------------- An unexpected error has occurred in CRMMobile.exe. Select Quit and...

Dialogue box EXCEPTION FROM HRESULT:0x8004010F
The dialogue box titled BUSINESS CONTACT MANAGER with the Message EXCEPTION FROM HRESULT:0x8004010F appears everytime I click on an email header in the Inbox. I click to close this Message but then when I click on the email header to open the selected email the dialogue box appears again and when I repeat this it continues to reappear. So I cannot open email, although the selected email content does appear in the adjacent viewing pane. This dialogue box has appeared occasionally in the past but when I have closed it there has then been no problem with opening emails. This ongoing...

CFileDialog Exception
I seem to have a hazy memory about this, but can't figure out where I saw the solution. Given: Visual C++ 6.0 SP 6 Developing on Win 2K SP 4 I have a program that I need the preprocessor defines: _WIN32_WINNT=0x0500,WINVER=0x0500 because I'm using ::CoInitializeEx() in secondary threads. The following code is as simple as I can make it, but still throws a memory Wriite exception when the CFileDialog goes out of scope (is destroyed). void CSomeClass::OnLoad() { CFileDialogEx FiDialog(TRUE); int ret = FiDialog.DoModal(); } I can catch it with an try-catch block, and I already ha...

OMA
OMA (Outlook Mobile Access) under Exchange is giving me a System.Security.SecurityException error. From what I gather this is a problem with the security level under which the OMA application is trying to run. Anyone got some ideas on where I can start in getting this worked out?. Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. Exception Details: System.Security....

CRecordset class giving Exception Query Timed Out With SQL Server if No Of Records are very large
Hey Friends I am creating a database application which is interacting with SQL Server. I am using CRecordset class for database interaction,the problem arises when the recordset is of very large no of records.I am using forward only recordset. I wish to know that if the recordset is of 10 lakh records and i fire a query which fetches all records then whether all the 10 lakh records will be fetched into my application or some better management is there by CRecordset ? bhatia, You may need to increase the query timeout value on the connection. Have a look at the CDatabase::SetQueryTimeout me...

Solving std::exception
Hello everybody. I am getting a 'std::exception'm its description is: "Acces violation - no RTTI data!" What I an doing wrong? Thanks in advance, William GS > Hello everybody. I am getting a 'std::exception'm its description is: > "Acces violation - no RTTI data!" > Most likely, you dont have RTTI support (/GR) for your project. Its a setting in project properties dialog. --- Ajay Thank you Ajay, /GR solves my problem. William GS "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > > Hello everybody. I am getting a 'std::exception'm its descript...

Frx Report Manager
Hi, I am using Frx 6.7 Report Manager. I have created and saved a report book. Now whenever I start Report Manager and try open the report book I get an error (see below), but after I successfully generate the report book and save again the next time I open it the error is not there - but a few minutes later the error then occurs again: 'Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit the application will close immediately. Object refernce not set to an instance of any obje...

FRx ability to calc rows first on spec rows ONLY (exception)
Refer to MS Dynamics Support Incident: 8713448 GL Trend by month row format includes calc % for various COGS for example. Columns include each month, YTD total (mo+mo columns), budget and variance, with variance calc of YTD column minus budget column. Catalog format includes calculate columns first. The variance on the rows for percentage are using the YTD-BUDGET calc, but rather calulating a % based on row. How do I accomplish calc columns first for all rows with exception of these percentage rows? -------------------------------------------------------------------------- 11/1/2006 ...

How to handle this Exception "Help reqd URGENTLY"
Earlier I have developed an application which is runnig properly then i made some changes to code Now it is giving an exception this exception has not occured in previous Application Actually the exception is occurring in CWinApp class's destructo i have not made any changes in destructor of CMyApp How to overcome this problem Pls Help Me Urgently You choose either way: 1. Intercept any exception in CWinApp's destructor with a try-catch(...) block. 2. Don't raise the exception in whatever classes you're using. Remove any throw statement in those classes. "Shiva&...

How to handle all unhandled exceptions when using Task Parallel Library?
I'm using the Task Parallel Library (TPL) in .NET 4.0. I want to centralize the handling logic of all unhandled exceptions by using the Thread.GetDomain().UnhandledException event. However, in my application, the event is never fired for threads started with TPL code, e.g. Task.Factory.StartNew(...). The event is indeed fired if I use the traditional Thread(threadStart).Start(). This MSDN article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd997415%28v=VS.100%29.aspx) suggests to use Task#Wait() to catch the AggregateException when working with TPL, but that is not I want b...

confused by exception handling in VC 2008
I am using VC 2008 and I was trying the __try exception handling and I bumped into the following 3 cases: 1) __try { char *p = 0; *p = '\0'; AfxMessageBox("no exception caught"); } __except (EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER){ AfxMessageBox("exception caught"); } the message "exception caught" is displayed as expected. 2) __try { int v[5]; v[10] = 1; // This vector access is out of range AfxMessageBox("no exception"); } __except (EXCEPTION_EXECUTE_HANDLER){ AfxMessag...

MRP Exception Report
We have a number of items that are marked as not planned, however when we run MRP regenerations some of these items appear on the exception report. I've checked the item resource planning data for all sites for the items to be sure it's consistent. Why would MRP be considering these items at all if they are marked as not planned? Anyone seen anything similar? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_313CD528 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for the post to the Microsoft We haven't heard of this issue, but we should first ver...

Unhandled exception at 0x39d9f202 in t14.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xfeeefeee
hey guys, i'm making a little game, called roborace for school. it's developed in C++ with QT version 3.2 (this because of books, ..) we firsted used QT 4... but because of a lak of information we changed it to QT 3.2 and then all shit started. on closing our game, we get this error message Unhandled exception at 0x39d9f202 in t14.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xfeeefeee don't know what triggers this, can anyone help me please? greetings tommybeer I think it's time you get familiar with QT's Debugger. AliR. "tommybeer" <tom.spei...

catching exception from pIXMLHTTPRequest object
Hi, I am having a problem with the following code. When there is an exception happen inside the ��pIXMLHTTPRequest->send(var)�� the ��GetLastError()�� return 0 which means no error. How can I get more information regarding all the exception happened inside the ��pIXMLHTTPRequest->send��? Thank you Joe #import <msxml4.dll> using namespace MSXML2; HRESULT hr; IXMLHTTPRequestPtr pIXMLHTTPRequest = NULL; .. .. .. try { hr = pIXMLHTTPRequest.CreateInstance("Msxml2.ServerXMLHTTP.4.0"); . . . ...

DestroyWindow exception on AMD
Hello I have an app that I wrote and have used for many years. I override OnSysCommand SC_CLOSE and do my own cleanup before doing DestroyWindow. This app worked well on Windows 95/98/NT/2000/2003 and with XP running on a Pentium P4. With XP on an AMD Athlon X2, however, DestroyWindow throws an unhandled exception at 0x0000000000e0e0e0e...but not always. I can work around it with ExitProcess but just wondering if anyone had similar experiences with AMD vs Intel. Using ExitProcess can be considered to universally be an error. All sorts of things will proceed to go wrong. I presume you a...

Stock Count Exception List Error
Got this error on tow items when stock count was processed " You can't complete this procedure while Inventory decimal places are being changed." Does anyone have any idea what this is? No one is trying to change the decimals for these items. Did someone recently change the number of decimal places for some items? If the stock count was built and saved, then the decimals changed, the items may be invalid in the count. I don't remember the stock count table doing this but some transaction tables (POP Lines for example) capture the number of decimal places for items...

XML Serialization of the Exception Class
I am attempting the following: XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(Exception)); I receive the following error: Message: There was an error reflecting type 'System.Exception'. Message: The property 'TargetSite' on type 'System.Exception' cannot be serialized because it is decorated with declarative security permission attributes. Consider using imperative asserts or demands in the property accessors. If I had ANY IDEA in the WORLD what this message is trying to tell me I would try to do something about this. Can anyone help me? Thanks In Advance d...