Insert Multiple Records into a Table

Can I insert multiple records into a table using "INSERT INTO"., it seems it
can insert only one record at one time.

INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120)

Is there an alternate way to insert multiple records in MS Access Table
using a query.

Please help. Thanks.

mario wrote:
>Can I insert multiple records into a table using "INSERT INTO"., it seems it
>can insert only one record at one time.
>
>INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120)
>
>Is there an alternate way to insert multiple records in MS Access Table
>using a query.
>
>Please help. Thanks.

It depends.  Where's the data?  Is it in a table or some kind of attachable
format? (delimited text file,  Excel file...etc)?

PieterLinden
4/13/2010 7:00:03 PM
The table I want to update is in MS Access and I'm trying to insert multiple
records into a table using a querry so I'm looking to write a querry like

INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120),
( 'WCCP', 0.0125, 0.018202, 140)

Thanks

mario wrote:
>The table I want to update is in MS Access and I'm trying to insert multiple
>records into a table using a querry so I'm looking to write a querry like
>
>INSERT INTO Table1 (F1, F2, F3, F4) VALUES ( 'CCP', 0.0115, 0.008202, 120),
>( 'WCCP', 0.0125, 0.018202, 140)
>
>Thanks

As far as I know, Access doesn't support that syntax.  SQL Server 2008 does,
so  you might be able to create pass through queries to do it, if you're
writing to SQL Server...

If you're just entering data through a form in Access, you don't need *any*
queries at all to do this.  Just bind the form to the table and open the form
in data entry mode.  You won't see existing entries, but it's the most
efficient way of doing what you want.

PieterLinden

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Not plot a data series in a chart but still display in data table
MS Excel 2007 I've somehow managed to display only two data series on my line chart. They still display in the data table. How did this happen? More importantly, how do I reverse it. I don't want to recreate chart. I see the data series not plotted on chart in the Chart Elements and when I select the series, the source data is highlighted; it's in the data table. How do I make it visible? Thanks! Miriam HAve you perhaps simply formatted the data series as "no line, no marker"? If so, you can format series, add some color. -- Best Regards, Lu...

Insert trigger

How do I record a transaction to Accounts receivable?
I bought an item for "John" that cost $300. He will pay me back later. I paid for the item from my bank account and record it in Money as an expense. I'd also like to show the transaction as an accounts receivable from "John" or a loan to "John". How can I accomplish this? Craig, Create a new asset account called "Accounts Receivable" and record it in your bank account as a transfer to that account. This will result in the creation of a debt of $300. when the cash is paid back do a similar transfer. "Craig" wrote...

record cash receipt by invoice line item
Great Plains should allow the option to enter one cash receipt per invoice line item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=397cb5cd-706b-4edf-b717-1f0f64a1c01e&a...

inserting hrs and minutes

Exchange Router Not Resolving to Customer Record
Hello, We are currently using the Exchange Router for 1.2 and sometime emails that enter the queues are not resolved automatically to a customer record even though the exact same email address is listed in a Contact's work and/or home email address fields. The Contact's email flag is also set to "allow." Wondering what I am missing here. -Brian The Exchange router will recognize email addresses in a record's primary E-mail address field only. If there are two records in CRM with the same email address, it will not associate the incoming email to either one. -- ...

Updating a table
I have query that relates to a table and i want to be able to automatically insert a comment into a range. I.E Table column is called Report name. I want to open the query and have it ask me the name of the report. When i enter it i want it to auutomatically enter the name in the column so that all the other information that i add afterweards is associated with the report. I then want this info to save when i exit. Can anybody help? ...

Unstable view
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C76D6F.4A95FED0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Each time I select another item at the bottom of the list, the listbox always move the scrollbar itself to redisplay the list and see the first selected item. I always have to move the scrollbar again to go far down at the bottom of the list to be able to select another item... Did I miss something to do, with this ListBox? jmarc... ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C76D6F.4A95FED0 Content-Type: text/html; ...

same month/day on x axis for multiple years
If i have data sourced to me like this: Date Price 1 Price 2 Price 3 1/1/2003 2.5 3.2 3.0 1/2/2003 2.6 2.8 2.9 1/1/2004 2.7 3.0 3.1 1/2/2004 2.0 2.8 3.2 1/1/2005 6.0 6.2 6.2 1/2/2005 6.5 6.3 6.4 If I want a line graph with the 3 series related to the Price columns, how can I get the x axis to only reflect the 3 month/day combinations not including the year? When I try this it gives me 6 x axis points for each series. Thanks, Mike...

record cash receipt by line item
Great Plains should give an option to record cash receipt per line item on an invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=29790378-1040-4f47-90f1-65567d808f0c&...

Insert with a where condition

How Do I Record Money Transfer Correctly?
Hi, I just got Money 2004 and run into a small problem: Money seems to be able to download transactions from bank accounts flawlessly, but it does not recognize transfers. Instead, transfers are recorded as withdraws and deposits, and show up in the cash flow report as expenses and incomes. I transferred 5K from a checking account to a broker account this month. Now it tells me that I spent 5K and made 5K. To correct this situation, I tried to change the transaction type to transfer. But when I changed the withdrawal transaction to transfer on one account, a new (transfer) transac...

Insert

Access 2000 deleting records
Hello all, sorry for the previous post with nothing in it. Here is the problem I have resently upgraded an Access97 back end to Access 2000 due to size restrictions of Access97. we were running an Access 2000 frontend at that time. since converting to Access2k we keep getting "#Deleted" records "Can't save without edit or new" fields inside of records are "#deleted" and so on. I have run diags on equipment and found nothing out of the norm. Problem is intermittent, may go most of day without problem then get some or may start the day out with problem th...

Issues with Integrating Multiple Spreadsheets for Reports or Queries?
We are keen to discuss and help with issues arising when needing to query, or produce reports using multiple Excel spreadsheets (Multiple Excel Spreadsheet Integration issues): Issues like: - We can=92t easily compare a choice of values in one spreadsheet with a choice in another worksheet - So we cannot easily answer the question =93what do all these rows have in common with those rows=94 Because: - We have to do a weekly report integrating multiple Project Plans, Financial Analyses =85 - We spend tons of time cutting and pasting, sorting and merging =96 the same process repeated every week...

Visual Studio 2005 project with files in multiple directories
Hello, I am switching a project from visual studio 6 to 2005. The project has source in multiple directories and I want to include "stdafx.h" on all the files. The source compiles fine in vs6, but in 2005 it cannot find stdafx.h for the files that aren't in the folder containing stdafx.h. The easy solution would be to include "../project/stdafx.h" but the files are shared in multiple projects so I don't want to do this because the project directory is a different name for each. I tried adding the directory with stdafx.h to the include directory but it didn't d...

Print Selected Record
I want to print a popup form. I used the command button wizzard to set up a button to print the form. How can I filter what's printed to be only the selected (active) record? -- Thanks. Sammie Access 2003 Although allowed, Forms are really not designed for printing. Why not just create a report to present the data for the current record. Then you can use the Where argument of the OpenReport method to have the report limited to the active record on the form? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Sammie" wrote: > I want to print a popup form. I used the command...

how to insert data in a table

In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will on.
In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load 65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? MVP Chip Pearson's website has some code that may help you out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load >65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? >. > > attached a VBS script that I wrote to do that. Was unable to save it, Jim .. Could you paste it in the message itself ? Thanks -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22...

Grouping Multiple Entries
I have a list of pay records in rows, with an employee ID# in column A for each one, which they are sorted by. An employee may have multiple entries each. What I want to do is use formatting to easily show where one employee's records end and another begins. I am using "sumif" to create totals for each employee -- KKD on the menu bar: Data > Subtotals will group and subtotal for you "KKD" wrote: > I have a list of pay records in rows, with an employee ID# in column A for > each one, which they are sorted by. An employee may have multiple e...