Importing Excel data into Access?

Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table
I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from
Excel to Access!

I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf
but couldn't find this topic

If anyone knows please let me know!

Cheers

Raj
0
Rajeev

Hello,

there are plenty of sources.
e.g.:
http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033

Stefan.

"Rajeev Rawat" wrote:

> Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table
> I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from
> Excel to Access!
>
> I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf
> but couldn't find this topic
>
> If anyone knows please let me know!
>
> Cheers
>
> Raj
> .

Some code examples as well:

http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/EXCEL_Import.htm

--

        Ken Snell

"Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table
> I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from
> Excel to Access!
>
> I downloaded this manual from
> http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf
> but couldn't find this topic
>
> If anyone knows please let me know!
>
> Cheers
>
> Raj

0
Ken
2/19/2010 4:29:37 PM
No need for code. Create an Eccel File and range name the headings and data and Save the File.

Then Use File Import and work your way through the steps of the Wizard.

Alternatively, Access has a Macro action Transfer Spreadsheet which has all the settings needed to import without Code.

Even if you did want code the Tools MAcro Menu has an option to Convert a Macro to VBA code.

Steps for range naming in Excel are conatined in the advanced manual 2003 or 2007 at the same site http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-training/microsoft-excel-training-courses.html
0
John

Remote VPN access to Exchange
We have a user who is remotely connecting to our network via VPN through a Cisco PIX firewall. She can access network resources no problem, but when she tries to configure Outlook using our Exchange server, it keeps asking for authentication. Using her windows account information does not work. How do we get past this? Thanks. Is she actually authenicating in the domain or is she using cached credentials? It seems unusual that authentication would work for network resources for not for Exchange. What type of network resources is she asking and is she actually logging onto the domain...

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Transferring Data With XML?
I'm new at this. What would be the best way to transfer data in XML format from sql server A to remote sql server B? We would like to encrypt the data with ssl which we already have installed on our iis server. -- .. http://sf-f.org, weblog and search engine for fans and writers of speculative fiction. .. ...

Importing data

Run excel when logged off.
Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in. Is that possible? Thanks, Jasper What happens when you try? Of course if you try accessing "mapped drives", you will have to fix that issue too. Jaz wrote: > Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? > > I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to > have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in...

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

Can I export from Excel to ACT
I have a huge contact list on an Excel spreadsheet and I was hoping I would be able to export it straight into my Act contact manager. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Parm, Look at the ways Excel can save, and compare with what ACT can take as input. In Excel, do File - Save as, and go through the formats shown in the "Save as type" box. See which, if any, Act can open or import. The csv would seem a likely one. Or txt. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Parm" <Parm@discuss...

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

How do i change the height and width of a single cell in Excel?
You change the height of the cell by changing the height of the entire row, and the width of the cell by changing the width of the entire column. The cell cannot be independently resized, because then all the other cells wouldn't fit. You can merge contiguous rectangular ranges together to create super-cells. Depending on your objective, merging cells may have undesired side-effects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ lotus1107 wrote: ...

Load Data Under Column Headings
My data are stock prices that I want to use with Metastock. I have as column headers: Date, Stock Name, Open, High, Low, Close, Stock Code. How do I load stock data with their fields under the respective column headings, perhaps, by just clicking on the file name, without using cut & paste. How do I protect the heading row from being overwritten? ...

excel 97 xml import

protect borders on a data entry cell
I have an Excell 2007 spreadsheet with borders around selected cells, the spreadsheet is protected so my formulas cant get corrupted, but with some cells that are unlocked for user data entry. But when you copy and paste in these user entry cells the borders are getting copied and pasted also destroying the look of the spreadsheet. so how do you protect the borders from being changed and still allow copy and paste in the user entry cells? Thanks in advance Terry You could politely ask users to copy>paste VALUES -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin....

syncing excel 2007...
hi all community members... I have excel 2007 and sync all my office 2007 files to a online backup. unfortunately for excel this is not done I have to restart my computer (windows ultimate) for it to be synced (the company is ‘humyo’ which I think is one of the best...) I phoned them up and was told I must have ‘some sort of lock’ on these workbooks. I have been through the settings and thought it was privacy/personal information but am lost. can someone please help and I look forward to a reply. very much appreciated. Paul. I can't think of anyth...

OWA Access denied to domain users Exchange 2000
Hi I have set up a new virtual directory to access the mail from OWA for the domain abc.com. When I type the OWA URL I get the prompt. I try user A@abc.com and it works. Then I try user B@abc.com and it denies access. I am at a loss to understand why some users in the domain can log in to OWA and some users can't. I'd appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks & Regards Any help? soup_or_power@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi > I have set up a new virtual directory to access the mail from OWA for > the domain abc.com. When I type the OWA URL I get the prompt. I try > user A@abc...

Excel graphs should allow copy & paste of individual bar formats
In excel graphs - bar charts, I make the last bar a hashed shading as it is a forcast. To do this I select only the last bar and change its formating. At the end of the month I want to change the format back to the same as all the other bars and make the new coming month's predicted value that hashed shading etc. Unfortunately excel will not allow copy and paste in this situation - so I have do open the format tab etc and then change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggest...

Excel power toy for media playlist...
Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list so that it could be opened in Excel. Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? Thanks. Frank Frank wrote: > Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list > so that it could be opened in Excel. > Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? > Thanks. > Frank Never mind, I found it...the bonus pack! Frank ...

how do I type over a pic on excel
Unless you put the picture in the Background (Format/Sheet/Background), in which case it will be tiled throughout the entire sheet, you can't directly type over a picture because pictures "live" in the Drawing layer above the cells. You can make the picture transparent (Format/Picture) to see text in the cells beneath. You can also use the Camera Tool to create a linked picture of a cell and position it on top of the other picture. Set the Fill to No fill, and the border to No Line. What I do is to put a text box over the picture and format it with n lines and no fill...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Importing Dynamic data

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0