How to Retrieve information from 2 tables in a single form

Hi all,
Pls help here..

I have an access file consists of 2 tables x1 , x2.
x1 fields are  name, place.

x2 fields are name, desg, salary, mobile_no.

Forms f1, f2,
pls note... place and name are unique(not repeated).

I have created a form f1, added a combo box taking all places from table x1.

now when I click / select a place in combo box, It should display all the
fields

 of table x2 in form f2.

the logic is place selected in combo box should retrieve the corresponding
name from x1 and match the name in table x2 and get the details from x2 and
display in form f2.

pls help me how can i do it.

If name is the primary key field for table x1, then join it to the name field
in table x2 in the Relationship Window. Enforce Referiential Integrity.

Next make a form bases on table x2 a subform on a form based on table x1. No
combo box needed.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"naveen prasad" wrote:

> Hi all,
> Pls help here..
>
> I have an access file consists of 2 tables x1 , x2.
> x1 fields are  name, place.
>
> x2 fields are name, desg, salary, mobile_no.
>
> Forms f1, f2,
> pls note... place and name are unique(not repeated).
>
> I have created a form f1, added a combo box taking all places from table x1.
>
> now when I click / select a place in combo box, It should display all the
> fields
>
>  of table x2 in form f2.
>
> the logic is place selected in combo box should retrieve the corresponding
> name from x1 and match the name in table x2 and get the details from x2 and
> display in form f2.
>
> pls help me how can i do it.

2 Exchange servers how does mail get to them
Hi I have just added a second exchange 2003 server to my organisation. At the moment there is 1 MX record for the original server. What is the best way to get mail to the second server? Leave the MX record and let exchange pass the email between servers or set a second MX record and let them both pass email between them for mailboxes on the other server? Any advice would be appreciated. M Leave the MX record as it is and let Exchange route mail to the appropriate mailbox. This simplifies your gateway anti-virus/anti-spam & firewall solution as there is only one point of mail entry i...

Copying formulas Part 2
I have two worksheets open. In one, I can populate a cell with a formula, set the cell colors, font, and other attributes, and then double click on the fill cross (little black cross) and it will automatically fill the cells below it with like formulas, fonts, colors, etc... The other worksheet, this does not work. Is there a setting I'm overlooking? Neither sheet is protected or locked. I've gone through the options dialog box back and forth between the two worksheets, but I may have missed something. TIA Randy, Hi Randy double click will only work if there is data t...

How to retrieve the string from dialog box
Hi All, Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line for users to be aware of it in my application. I don't know how to retrieve the string in IDC_STATIC control on a dialog box. It would be very nice that someone let me know how to do that without calling the dialog box. TIA Hwasoo Lee Back 9 wrote: > Hi All, > > Does anyone know how to retrieve a string in IDC_STATIC on a dialog box? > I have to print out a report with an application version at the bottom line &g...

Can I paste information (from several cells) into a cell comment?

Exporting to Excel #2
Some computers have an the option "EXPORT TO MICR. EXCEL" in their toolbar after right clicking on a webpage? I don't have that option but really need it. Can anyone help? Try the following in "no particular order" Copy the selection and paste it into excel Do a save as CSV (Comma Seperated Values) Do a save as Tab deliminated. If you try to import and everything goes into column A only. Selec column A and then in the "Font" selection Select "COURIER" and then yo might see where there are "possible" column breaks. If there are - the - ...

Automatically update tables with multiple occurences
I am trying to make a template for a document I need to create for every job. Towards the beginning of the document I have a table of information (4x10). Later in the document the same table appears again. After that, Column B of the table reappears in 2 other tables as row 2. I want to set it up so that when I enter the information in the first table it will automatically update the second table and take that one column and place it in both tables 3 and 4. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word....

Combo Bar-Line Graph with single list of data
Hi, I'm trying to create a combination graph where my data for 2008 and 2009 shows as the year total represented by a bar. I want the 2010 data to show by month. My data is listed by Month in Column A and the total by Month is in Column B. Date Total Sep-08 7 Oct-08 9 Jan-09 15 Mar-09 25 Jun-09 50 Nov-09 75 Jan-10 100 Because the total is cumulative, I'm looking for the 2008 and 2009 data to be the last total for that year (Oct-08=9, Nove-09=75) Hope this makes sense. Any suggestions? Thanks. Chec...

Transfering information from one cell to another
I'm using Excel 2003 I have a workbook open and am using 2 worksheets. On sheet 1 I get information from the internet and then transfer three cells of it to sheet 2. Sheet 1 updates every time I open the workbook. How do I get sheet 1 to put the information into a different cell in sheet 2 each time it updates. I would like to get them to follow the dates down a column. Garry gtpighin@shaw.ca One way: This will transfer one value from sheet 1, cell A1 to sheet 2, column A. You may be able to adapt it for three cells, but the best implementation will depend on which three cells you&...

Using the combo box from the forms toobar
When using the combo box from the forms toolbar I get text that is a specified size. I can increase the size of the drop down arrow and box but I can't change the text size. How do I change the text size? Hi R, > When using the combo box from the forms toolbar I get text that is a specified size. I can increase the size of the drop down arrow and box but I can't change the text size. How do I change the text size? You can't. The combo box from the forms toolbar is a fixed font. If you need a different font, you'll have to use the combobox from the control toolbox. Re...

Splitting content of cell into 2 cells
Hello, I've got Excel 2002. I have a spreadsheet with 20,000+ rows. Column B of each row contains a date and time stamp in this format: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm (Note that if any field is a single digit there is not a 0 place holder - i.e. March 1st would appear as 3/1/2006 and not 03/01/2006. Same thing for the hours.) Is there a way to automatically pull the hh:mm part out of column B and have it put into Column C (which is empty)? Thanks. Mark Highlight column B. Select Data menu, Text to Columns command. Wizard should take you the rest of the way through (choose delimited on 1s...

how to print #2
dear friends. i have data in a WorkSheet. there are hundreds of records. some time i need to print different rows. For example i have rows from 1 to 2000 and i want to print row No 3 , 66 , 100 , 200, 1050,453,987,235, so i do it manually and i copy them and paste them in another worksheet which is really a hard task. so i want to know the easiest way how to print my desire rows on one page. like is there any possibility to select my desire rows and then select them like set" print area" etc if any body may help must be appreciated. thanks. Paki Guy I am not aware of any cleve...

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

tables for a window
There used to be a way (not Modifier) where I can have Great Plains show the tables linked to the current Great Plains window. I have forgotten it. can you please let me know. I believe you're looking for the Window Descriptions. If that's the case, go to Tools>> Resource Descriptions>> Windows. Leeland "Jack Tundra" wrote: > There used to be a way (not Modifier) where I can have Great Plains show the > tables linked to the current Great Plains window. I have forgotten it. can > you please let me know. > > > No, this is somethin...

Help to build a table
Please help me to build a table similar to this one The number on the first column will change after 16 times, it will go in sequence from 1001, 1002, etc… The number in the second column will change after 4 times and it will go from 1 to 4 The number in the 3rd column will go from 1 to 4 2nd and 3rd column will keep the same pattern. Cabinet Shelf Location 1001 1 1 1001 1 2 1001 1 3 1001 1 4 1001 2 1 1001 2 2 1001 2 3 1001 2 4 1001 3 1 1001 3 2 1001 3 3 1001 3 4 1001 4 1 1001 4 2 1001 4 3 1001 4 4 1002 1 1 1002 1 2 1002 1 3 1002 1 4 1002 2 1 1002 2 2 1002 2...

Message Recall Failure #2
Help! - I recently recalled a message to someone who had Out of Office Auto Reply Set and have since been inundated (50+) Message Recall Failure messages. I am running Outlook 2002 on Windows XP Home Edition. Would welcome any suggestions on stopping this. Thanks in advance. ...

Consolidation of 2 SBS2003 domains into one Windows 2008+Exchange 2007
Hi all! I have to do a consolidation of two existent SBS2003 into a Windows 2008+Exchange 2007 (it is OK to either remain with one of the 2 SBS2003 domains in the end, either to have a new one). Which is the correct path that I should follow? I undestood that it is not possible to set trust relationships in SBS2003, so I suppost ADMT is not a solution? I have done various migrations and consolidations using ADMT before, but I'm not sure what is the correct procedure for this case, due to the SBS2003 limitations. Thank you, Rumburak. Hi Rumburak: Ther...

I need a simple PO form
I am looking for a simple Purchase Order form. It seems to me that there used to be one in Excel 2000. We now have 2003 and don't have a PO. Any help will be appreciated. John Have you checked out what MS has to offer? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377021033.aspx -- Jim "Whosyourdata" <Whosyourdata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0246C6E0-20C9-49D9-9868-8BAC6B219CDC@microsoft.com... |I am looking for a simple Purchase Order form. It seems to me that there used | to be one in Excel 2000. We now have 2003 and don't have a PO. A...

The information store could not be
Windows XP & Outlook 2002 Worked fine until I installed remote computing software that uses Outlook to get my work email into Outlook using Microsoft Exchange Server. Now, when I try to SEND/RECEIVE (when not connected to my corporate network), I get "The information store could not be opened." Can someone please tell me exactly what I need to do to get access to my non-work email accounts now?! Thanks - Neil "Neil McCauley" <flipsidetothatcoin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:06a101c34cd4$3c08e720$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Windows XP & Outlook 2002...

userform to 2 seperate sheets
XL2000 userform I am using this code for a userform to add parts to a sheet named parts and all works well as is I would also like it to add just the value of this line ws.Range("A" & r).Value = txtPartnumber.Value to sheet2 column DR starting at DR2 is it possible? Private Sub cmdAdd_Click() Dim r As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("Parts") With ws If .AutoFilterMode Then If .FilterMode Then .ShowAllData End If End If End With r = ws.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Row ws.Range("A" & r).Value = txtPartnumber....

out of memory #2
When I try to open a PDF attachement I receive the message "OUT OF MEMORY OR SYSTEM RESOURCES. CLOSE SOME WINDOWS OR PROGRAMS AND TRY AGAIN". This is the only program or window I have open (othen then antivirus progam) I double click on the attachement - the next menu comes up and ask if I want to SAVE or OPEN - I click on OPEN and that is when the message appears. Please advise. Thanks - DJ ...

Re: how to Customization of Contact form-CRM
Hi, Thank you for response. Actually scenario is… Click sales tab--------click Accounts (in sales tab)--------click particular account(in accounts ,it open popup window for accounts, in that)----click contacts(in this contacts list –I want to put a filter (by using pick list) in this form)-after select the particular value ,the grids filters data). This is my task. Pls guide me clearly. Thank you venkataravikumar can you explain further and give more details on what you are trying to achieve -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.ms...

Pivot Table calculated field error
I have a calculated field in a pivot table in Excel 2007 that averages the selling price of an item. The Columns are the years from 2008 to present, Row Labels are items then by Customer Type, and the values are Quantities Sold, Total Dollar Amount and the calculated field is the average selling price (Dollars/Quantity). The problem is that each item is not sold for every year and I get Div/0 error. When I try the following =if(Dollars<>0, Dollars/Quantity,"") the #value error replaces the Div/0 error. I looked at the Contexture website and didn't find any ide...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

pivot table calculations
how do i modify how a pivot table calculates my data? i would like to have they Grand Totals to use the =SUM(COUNTIF(E10:E15,"1")) & " / " &SUM(COUNTIF(E9:E15,"0")) formula, but it only sums and counts. not both. how do i get it to calulate the totals according to that formula? thanks much, stephen Hi AFAIK you can't add such formulas to a pivot table -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pringles." <Pringles@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:90E99FE0-EB98-4F22-B565-A2BBED9B3C92@microsoft.c...

Important Information about Microsoft
Information about Microsoft =85Visit www.FreeExamKing.com ...