How to retrieve data which contain "/" in it

Hi,
I try to pull a data from access with contain a speacial character "/" in it
but what i get is it not return a single data, so how do i wanna retrieve it?

below is statement I use it but it return nothing.

SELECT LDDATA.COR, LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.PCODE, LDDATA.QTY, LDDATA.BOXNO,
LDDATA.CASENO, LDDATA.RSNOS, LDDATA.RSNOE, LDDATA.NOFRS
FROM LDDATA WHERE (((LDDATA.COR)="A11/LC/000002/11/06")) ORDER BY
LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.BOXNO;

On Tue, 22 May 2007 21:53:02 -0700, osmanar
<osmanar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I try to pull a data from access with contain a speacial character "/" in it
>but what i get is it not return a single data, so how do i wanna retrieve it?
>
>below is statement I use it but it return nothing.
>
>SELECT LDDATA.COR, LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.PCODE, LDDATA.QTY, LDDATA.BOXNO,
>LDDATA.CASENO, LDDATA.RSNOS, LDDATA.RSNOE, LDDATA.NOFRS
>FROM LDDATA WHERE (((LDDATA.COR)="A11/LC/000002/11/06")) ORDER BY
>LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.BOXNO;

Is COR perhaps a Lookup field to another table? If so, it does not contain the
text string which it appears to contain, but rather a number linking to the
lookup table.

If COR is in fact a Text field within this table, then all I can suggest is
that there is no record with this exact value. What do you see when you open
the table datasheet and see what's in the COR field?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
5/23/2007 6:20:17 AM
Hi John,

The COR is text field in database and I have pump a sample data into it
which is one of it is A11/LC/000002/11/06. when i change COR to CON which is
number field in database it return me correct info, i assume that i need to
look at "/" so that database know that it part of the data, but I' not sure
yet, is that possible cause ??

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2007 21:53:02 -0700, osmanar
> <osmanar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >I try to pull a data from access with contain a speacial character "/" in it
> >but what i get is it not return a single data, so how do i wanna retrieve it?
> >
> >below is statement I use it but it return nothing.
> >
> >SELECT LDDATA.COR, LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.PCODE, LDDATA.QTY, LDDATA.BOXNO,
> >LDDATA.CASENO, LDDATA.RSNOS, LDDATA.RSNOE, LDDATA.NOFRS
> >FROM LDDATA WHERE (((LDDATA.COR)="A11/LC/000002/11/06")) ORDER BY
> >LDDATA.CON, LDDATA.BOXNO;
> >

> Is COR perhaps a Lookup field to another table? If so, it does not contain the
> text string which it appears to contain, but rather a number linking to the
> lookup table.
>
> If COR is in fact a Text field within this table, then all I can suggest is
> that there is no record with this exact value. What do you see when you open
> the table datasheet and see what's in the COR field?
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

On Wed, 23 May 2007 01:56:00 -0700, osmanar
<osmanar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>The COR is text field in database and I have pump a sample data into it
>which is one of it is A11/LC/000002/11/06. when i change COR to CON which is
>number field in database it return me correct info, i assume that i need to
>look at "/" so that database know that it part of the data, but I' not sure
>yet, is that possible cause ??

The / character has NOTHING to do with the problem.

I have *no* idea how your table is structured, nor what you mean by your
changing COR to CON.

Please post the names and datatypes of the fields in your query, and the
complete SQL string that you're using to search. A couple of rows of sample
data will be helpful as well.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

retrieve an AVERAGE of a range using VLOOKUP to locate start/end d
Can I calculate the average of a range based on VLOOKUP? In other words, can I get Excel to "look up" the respective START / END dates of an investment position listed in Sheet 1 and then go and locate those 2 distinct cell values in in a different sheet (Sheet 2) utilizing VLOOKUP function and then return the calculated AVERAGE of the cells within that range back into Sheet 1? Appreciate any thoughts if doable in Excel in any way? tAKE A LOOK AT AverageIFS and see if that does what you want. If it were me, I'd probably enter the formula manually, record the resu...

Rotating/sorting data
Hi everyone a bit of prob..im trying to do this Ja Fe Marc in to this orde Jan Feb March Apri can anyone tel me how to do it? Cheers Copy the range, select a new cell, and do Edit > Paste Special > Transpose. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone, >a bit of prob..im trying to do this >Jan >Feb >March > >in to this order >Jan Feb March April > >can anyone tel me how to do it? >Cheers >. > Hi Ali one way: if your original data is in column A and you want to get it in row 1 on a separate sheet (starting in A1) enter...

How select all data points/data labels at once (to format)?
Hi, I know this is possible as I sometimes do it by accident(!), but how do you select all data points/data labels in a graph at once so that you don't have to select each point/label individually in order to format? cheers!, R You can select an entire series at once. Select something different in a chart, then click once on the series to select all points (not all points will be highlighted if there is more than a nontrivial number of points in the series). Or click once on a label to select all the labels in the series. A second single click on a point or a label will select on...

No free/busy information could be retrieved
Recently migrated from 5.5 to exch2003, once the 5.5 machine was turned off, users free/busy information is not available, if the 5.5 machine is turned on it is available, does anyone know what I need to so that the information is available after 5.5 is turned off? -- Thanks Sounds like you forgot to re-home the System Public Folders (specifically the Free/Busy Public Folder) before turning the old server off. Follow the details in this article for a list of things you should do in order to retire the 5.5 server. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 - referen...

No Free/busy information could be retrieved
When scheduling meetings we often see this for some people. It doesn't seem to be consistent. I have had users refresh the free/busy and also run the outlook /cleanfreebusy with no success. Any ideas? Jane What version of Outlook are you using? What version of Exchange? How are they connecting to the Exchange server (are they in the same office connecting via LAN or road warriors connecting via VPN or Outlook Anywhere or ?) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide t...

Macro / Autofilter / Show All Data
Hi, I wrote in the macro ActiveSheet.ShowAllData but if no filtering is set, I get error message. Is it possible to say something like If 'filtered...' Thanks and regards, Cousin Excel The easiest way will be by adding: On Error resume Next as the first command of the macro. Micky "CousinExcel" wrote: > Hi, > > I wrote in the macro > ActiveSheet.ShowAllData > but if no filtering is set, I get error message. > Is it possible to say something like > I...

Importing gain/loss data from Schwab
I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC. Is there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus? What I really want to do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money. Thanks Frisco198 <Frisco198@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can export such data in a csv format from the Schwab site to my PC. Is >there anyway to get it from there into MS Money Plus? What I really want to >do is get it into Taxcut software which seems to work with MS Money. Thanks Don't think so. Your gain/loss info in Money should agree wi...

Automatic mail retrieval w/Outlook 2003
Is it possible to have Outlook 2003 automatically check for new mail on startup? I'm on a home computer and just installed Office 2K3, but can't figure how to set OL2003 to check my email when I start it up. I have to manually hit the send/receive button. I see the option to automatically check when I shut down Outlook, but not when I start outlook. I'm on an always on cable connection, so I'm always connected when I run OL2K3. I figured since this option is in Outlook Express, it should also be in Outlook, but where? If you have a polling interval set in your Send/Recei...

Retrieve information from another field / entity
Hello. I've searched around and found some code for me to be able to get the value from two fields in the Account Entity to two fields in the Opportunity Entity. This would happened on the OnChange event of my "client" / "account" field. This field is the customerid field and is type "customer". It seems the code is doing what it's supposed to do until the end...where it's supposed to populate the two fields in the opportunity. I get the following error: "There was an error with this field's customzied event. Field: customerid ...

How do i get Microsoft User Data folders out of my way / out of my Docs stack??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, Everytime i launch an Office application i have this Microsoft User Data folders (those with Office identities, Word, Excel, etc profiles) that appear in my Documents stack. I can trash them but they will come back at the next session. It's just not nice to always have it in the way. A Documents stack is a stack for documents, not a dumping ground for Microsoft apps. QUESTION: How do i move this folder to somewhere definite where Office can refer to it as it pleases and it just gets the heck out of my way? Thanks...

Need help w/program to randomly sort row data
I've got an Excel worksheet with several columns of data. I want to randomly shuffle all of the row data and then overwrite column A with sequential numbers down the column, 1...X, where X is the last row. Any ideas? Example: 1 B C D 2 G K L 3 D K C might become 2 G K L 1 B C D 3 D K C and then with column A renumbered, look like: 1 G K L 2 B C D 3 D K C I don't know much about Excel at all. How can I develop such a thing. Furthermore, can this also be done via a command line? Thanks. If you have any ideas, please respond here. Hi ...., I don't see any point to Colu...

Automate chart X-axis/data
I am preparing a template that will be used by many of our sites to prepare a monthly Cost of Poor Quality chart. This is a stacked bar chart that depicts the current month’s data plus the previous 12 months of data. Data is added every month and I want the chart’s X-axis will roll every month to display the current month plus the past 12 months. Any ideas how to accomplish this? Essentially, you want to show the last 13 months of data. Adapt the ideas at Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html particularly example 2 -- Tushar Mehta http:...

Backup/retrieve Passwords
Hi I'm working on a backup utility that takes backup of system users and there passwords. and also restore them..i've just started with this user passwords and i've no idea how to do it..can some one please guide me how should i start..or if there is any useful peice of code available to start with..i'm working with Visual C++ on Windows 2000 Server. Regards Usman Jamil ...

Pulling/Collating Data
Hi, I have a workbook with 31 sheets (diary) A9:F9 (and other rows) is the info I want with the employee's initials in G9 There are multiple entries for the employee so he may reappear in row 13 and 15 I want to pull all the lines that relate to that employee from the 31 sheets into a separate workbook Thanks What is the name of the "separate workbook"? And in what sheet of this "separate workbook" do you want this data placed? Do you want only that data that pertains to that one employee whose initials are in G9? G9 of what sheet? Otto &qu...

DATA/SUBTOTALS
How can I use SUBTOTALS to get BOTH column totals AND item- counts? For example: Part Nbr Amount 39495 100.00 39495 15400.00 39495 10.00 39395 650.00 40000 1000.00 40000 1200.00 40000 30.00 54050 600.00 54050 1200.00 54505 2.00 54505 300.00 54505 50.00 54505 10.00 How can I get the item-count to be ABOVE the first occurrence of each part-number and the column-total to be BELOW the last occurrence of each part-number? Something like this: Part-nbr 39495 - count = 4 39495 ...

From a developer/integrator point of view, what's the best way to deal with encrypted data?
So we've got some data we'd like to keep in the database, all nice and secure. If it was strictly Dynamics data, I'd click the "Encrypt" option on the table field, and call it done. The problem though, is I need to be able to access that data from some external applications. If it was strictly external access, I'd use some fancy-dancy encryption routine that does 128bit or better encryption, and life would be good. But it's both. So I could write a COM type object that does that encryption, and use it in both places, but then I have to deal with distri...

having trouble retrieving/using xml string from database field
Hi again, I save a fairly small xmlDocument to a single db field, xDoc.OuterXML using a SQL insert statement...this works fine. However, I then need to select that field (xmlWF) into an xmlDocument to add nodes, etc., but haven't found the correct way. I've also tried just saving it as a session variable, but still get errors when I try to use it, so I know I'm doing something wrong! Dim xDoc As New XmlDocument() xDoc.Load(varWF) 'uses the session variable this gives me a "path too long" statement Ideally, I'd like to know the ...

How to assign #N/A N.A. data?
Hi, I need help, i just wanted a formula to assign "#N/A N.A." into "----", which is blank. thanks in advance. :) -- jolly79_ph ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jolly79_ph's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4835 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=499652 Can you post your formula ? You'd probably receive better, more specific responses that you could then apply direct into your sheet. Anyway, one usual way to error-trap #N/A errors is to use somethin...

One Form to enter/get data in two linked tables with 1 to many lin
Hello, I am a new user with a variant of a contacts database. Table 1 Hospitals, with one primary contact person info. Table 2 Volunteers in the hospital, can be many How would I go about designing one form which allows entry of the volunteer information, assigns an existing hospital or can create a new hospital with the volunteer information. On retrieving a volunteer's information, it must display the hospital/primary contact information. TIA, John On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:09:02 -0700, John L <JohnL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, &g...

How can I change the position/format for all data labels in a ser.
Hi, Double click a data label. The format dialog should then allow you to format the labels, its font attributes and alignment. Cheers Andy PearlBeast wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler also has a feature to Move all labels for a series en masse. It's a free download, easy to install and use: http://appspro.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Andy Pope wrote: > Hi, > > Double click a data label. T...

Mail Merge / Data Sources
Hi We have recently started using the Mail Merge Functionality in CRM 3.0. We have started to use the 'Print quote for Customer' button on the Quote form in the Outlook client and auto populate a Word quote template with CRM Quote Details. We have found that we cannot insert specifc product details on the Word quote as we can only insert fields from the Quote form. We cannot auto insert data from the Quote Products form or Contact form, for example. We have noticed that this could be because of the data source in CRM which the Word template is assocaited with. Is there a way ...

Import / export data
Hi, I am working on a label system and would like to link data from a cell in spreadsheet 1 to a cell in spread sheet 2. Is this possible? The thing is the spreadsheet 1 changes each time so how will the link adjust and select the data from each cell individually. Thanks in advance. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

Combine rows of data and use if/then with results
Greetings, I am trying to combine rows of data for e-learning students and then determine certification status; here’s an extract as an example: Smith Module 1 Completed Jones Module 1 Completed Doe Module 1 Not Started Smith Module 2 Completed Jones Module 2 Completed Doe Module 2 Not Started Smith Module 3 Completed Jones Module 3 In Progress Doe Module 3 Not Started First I’d like to sort by Last Name. Once sorted I need status – if all 3 modules completed, status='certified'. If only 1 or 2 have been completed, status='in progress', if none have been...

Using VBA to read/write data from Excel files
How would I go about using Visual Basic to extract data from cells of any given Excel file and store that data in variables of my running VBA program?? Similary, how would I write back a value into that same file into a specified cell?? I just need some basic examples regarding which functions to use for file operations to get me going. Thank you all! I have been trying the following code in my VBA module(s): Dim x As Integer x = Workbooks("My File").Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("D8").Value However, I get the following error message: &qu...

Pivot Table/Chart Data Rounds
Whenever I try to make a pivot table or chart the data that is being used is rounded to an integer. I tried to format the chart and I haven't been able to fix it. The data shows up in the table correct but not in the pivot chart or table. (As an example, a data piece of 5.23 rounds down to 5) ...