How to keep Access from rearranging logical expressions iin the criteria cells ?

Hi !

I'm using MS Access 2003.

In my query, in lots of yes/no columns, I enter criteria.
In my case expressions like

     (=Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN) OR (Forms!frmCriteria!checkboxN=False)

After editing in design mode and saving the query, I close the design
window.
The query works fine.
I open it again in design mode, and ...
all my logical expressions have been transformed into a logically equivalent
arrangement.
They spread over more cells.
Everything looks very different.
And I do not like to take this state as a basis for further changes.
Because I feel that my way of expressing the logic is much clearer than MS
Access's way.
Is there a way to keep Access from rearranging these logical expressions in
the criteria cells?

Thank you very much for your kind help !

Peter

0
pschrader

Hi, Peter.

> Is there a way to keep Access from rearranging these logical expressions
> in the criteria cells?

Yes.  Don't open the query in Design View for the QBE grid.  Switch to SQL
View and save it in SQL View, and the next time you open the query, it will
automatically open the SQL View pane, not the QBE grid, showing your
expressions they way you wrote them.

The caveat is that you'll need to learn SQL, but SQL is much more powerful
than the QBE grid for creating and editing queries.  However, if you must
switch to the QBE grid for something, first copy the SQL statement to
Notepad first, then switch to the QBE grid.  When you switch back to SQL
View, if Jet has "optimized" your query by rearranging your expressions,
then you can replace the SQL with the SQL statement you saved in Notepad.

HTH.
Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
info.

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 22:05:32 +0200, "pschrader" <none@none.de> wrote:

>Is there a way to keep Access from rearranging these logical expressions in
>the criteria cells?

Only by creating the query in SQL view, and never opening it in design view.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Macro
I'm sure this has a completely obvious answer... I'm using an "Open Form" macro that uses the expression "1=0" as the "Where Condition"... What does 1=0 refer to? Thanks in advance! hi Trisha, Trisha.Blake@gmail.com wrote: > I'm sure this has a completely obvious answer... I'm using an "Open > Form" macro that uses the expression "1=0" as the "Where Condition"... > What does 1=0 refer to? It is a boolean equation which is always False. So your form is not loading any data. I assume your form was designed f...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

poject based access in CRM ?
Is is possible to provide a project based access to CRM. For instance consider, VSS (Visual Source Safe). Its possible to create multiple projects (for various applications - source code & related files to be stored), & the user access defined in VSS applies too all projects (& can also be given special access to individual projects). & its possible to share files amongst the seperate projects. Thus, in CRM, 1. is it possible to have such a design 2. a user havig access to indivual projects (with his access being applied to all projects & special access rights can be gra...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Cell color change referencing the date in designated cell
HI, How can I have fill color of cell change according to due date. In example, red overdue, green - on time, black complete. Thanks, K Use Conditional Formatting. You'll need to determine what is Overdue, On-time and Complete Read up on the help and come back for specific help Regards Trevor "Klonja" <plunti@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:a18370dd.0401251510.2f990e0f@posting.google.com... > HI, > > How can I have fill color of cell change according to due date. In > example, red overdue, green - on time, black complete. > > Thanks, K Hi Cl...

Use a cell's value as row number for another cell in Excel
Excel XP: I'm trying to use the values in one row of cells (D1:F1) as the reference for the row value for a different series of cells (D2:F4). For example: Column A B C D E F Row 1 1000 30 170 1 2 3 2 1500 60 190 3 1200 20 175 I want to get the following cells to equal: D2=1000 (In other words: D2 = A1); D3=30 (In other words: F2 = B1); E2=1500 (In other words: E2 = A2); E3=60 (In other words: F2 = B2); F2=1200 (In other words: F2 = A3); F3=20 ...

how to enter a value, and have it SUMMED with the existing cell co
An Excel cell contains, say= 4. How do you enter, say=2, and have the result = 6? (not COPYING and Paste As ...) ...

Access 2 Excel
I exported an annual worklist from an Access table to Excel. There is column for tasks, one for frequency (TD, D, TW, W, TM, M, Q, SA, A twice daily, daily, twice monthly, etc) and a column for each month. The month columns have the same coded data as the frequency colum depending on when the task is done. The problem is that I tried to make a pivot table to count how man tasks (by frequency type) are done each month. Excel is counting th empty cells as if they had data. Search and replace doesn't work. even tried replacing the blank data in Access with ~ and re-exportin it. Ex...

Access rights
I'm very new to CRM and I have just started working for the company so I'm pretty green when it comes to this software. We just had someone who no longer works for us. He was a sales member and now I need to allow another sales member to change information and delete information as well in his crm. How can I do this? Thanks! How you do this depends on what you want to happen. If the new salesperson is taking over the accounts and such for the old salesperson, you can do a mass reassign of all the old salesperson's accounts and such to the new salesperson. You can also use A...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

copying cells #2
In cell A1 sheet1 I have a number which lets say represents a code for a specific shape that i have allready drawn in cell B1 in sheet2.Can you please tell me what kind of instruction i can give to cell B1,sheet1,so that i can get that shape from cell B1 sheet2 into B1 sheet1? How about putting those shapes on Sheet1 and hide them. Then you could have a macro unhide the one you want. J.E. McGimpsey shares this in a macro at his site: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcrit...

Access and Outlook Calendar
I've searched thru this forum and thru the Outlook forum and can't find exactly the issue I need to resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I have developed a process to export the calendar entry from access to the outlook calendar which works great. My user is now requesting the ability to view (or thru VBA) the entries in the Outlook calendar from within access? Unfortunately my database has no way to know if an entry in the access database already exists in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine that? I tried creating a linked table with Outlook ...

Viewing archived emails in Outlook Express
I recently had to have Windows re-installed on my computer, so I had a backup made of certain files including all the email I had in Outlook Express. I've managed to open some of them, but can anyone tell me if there's an easy way to open archived email inside Outlook Express? Thank you! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpr...

Is it worth it for me to learn Access?
Hello everyone, I've been wondering this question for a few weeks now. My situation is that I generate many "runlogs" from my reactor that have various outputs, such as temperatures, sensor data, etc. versus time. Very frequently, I want to compare one runlog to another. Sometimes I want to average the output of several runlogs together. I currently have a macro made up in Excel that analyzes the files, but it really is getting harder to manage all the excel files floating around. So is it worth dumping all the excel output from my macro into a database an...

cell content
How do I get the content of list box? I clicked the cell after = sign to display the content, but it displayed 0. ...

Want to display entire excel sheet inside ms access form
hi, What are best ways to display an external excel file inside the ms access form. Thanks Jerry I tried with this method, intially part of the excel data is visible in the screen, to see entire excel I activated the OLE control as In-Process, now the screen size is different and I cannot able to control the container control size. Although I can able to set OLE control width/height it i not applied to the activated container control. Is there any way to set the size of the Container control size programmatically. Regards Sivanand FTSI, India. "Jerry Whittle" wrote: >...

accessing an excel sheet from multiple other workbooks.
I have an excel sheet calculating cost for various parts. There are many versions of this sheet (different one for each part number). I want all of these sheets to pull some common parameters from one master sheet. This way when these parameters need changed, it must only be done one time. Then all other sheets can be updated. The problem I'm having is that all these excel files while all in the same common folder, are also divided up in subfolders. Is there generic method I can use so they will find the file to import from regardless of whether the master file is in the same folder, a...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Sending email in Access that can't be replied too?
Is it possible to send an email via Access using the SendObject command that can't be replied too? The office I am doing a project for doesn't want folks having the ability to reply to automated emails they send out since they would come back to their personal email boxes. Can that be done via the SendObject command? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200706/1 mlkiser via AccessMonster.com wrote: > Is it possible to send an email via Access using the SendObject > command that can't be replied too? The office I am do...

iCalendar and Delegate Access
Hello everyone, Is there a way to use delegate access to allow an assistant to set the schedule/calendar for their boss, similar to the way you would if you were connected to MS Exchange server? The users are on the same LAN and I provide them with web and e-mail hosting offsite. They use Outlook 2003 as their mail client. We can publish free/busy data to my web server, but that only allows them to check each other's availability. I'd like the assistant to have the ability to accept/reject meetings for the manager. Any ideas? No - Delegate access is a feature of Exchange. --� M...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

Providing Secure Remote Access for the Full Outlook MAPI Client using the Exchange RPC Filter
Hi, Does anyone know how to set this up under ISA 2004?? http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/2003exchangerpc.html Regards, Andrew ...

PK on access
hello,how could i make to know if my column PK on access is auto increment.with .net i useDim dtLstKP As DataTable = MyConn.GetOleDbSchemaTable(OleDbSchemaGuid.Primary_Keys, New Object() {Nothing, Nothing, strNomTable})thxbonjourcomment puis je savoir si la cle primaire primaire d'une table access est auto increment�e ??en .net j'utiliseDim dtLstKP As DataTable = MyConn.GetOleDbSchemaTable(OleDbSchemaGuid.Primary_Keys, New Object() {Nothing, Nothing, strNomTable})merci If you are working in Access, you have several libraries you can use to get this kind of info. DAO is the native one, ...