how do i query Multiple Databases in access?

Help…

I need to create an access database that would query Multiple Paradox
Databases

the Paradox Databases all have the same fields.

the purpose of the access database to check all the  Paradox Databases for
any differences from the master and flag and variance with a indicial Paradox
Database.

Dan
:)

Danc383@hotmail.com wrote:
> I need to create an access database that would query Multiple Paradox
> Databases
>
> the Paradox Databases all have the same fields.
>
> the purpose of the access database to check all the  Paradox Databases for
> any differences from the master and flag and variance with a indicial Paradox
> Database.

0
MGFoster
11/10/2007 11:02:38 PM

"MGFoster" wrote:

> Danc383@hotmail.com wrote:
> > I need to create an access database that would query Multiple Paradox
> > Databases
> >
> > the Paradox Databases all have the same fields.
> >
> > the purpose of the access database to check all the  Paradox Databases for
> > any differences from the master and flag and variance with a indicial Paradox
> > Database.

Outlook 2002
All, Hoping that someone can help me here. I have outlook 2002 which was working fine on my old XP laptop. I recently purchased a new lapt;op with Vista, and loaded my Outlook 2002 on this, now, when I try to access my exchange server I get almost an endless loop of the following message; "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I am then given choice to say Yes or No. I tried going through this, but there are too many of them to get through (probably 1 for each of my 500 contacts). Anyone know how to stop thi...

conditional format multiple colours #2
not sure i understand about testing for a string? I undersand about using condtional fomat for 4 values , but I have possiblty of 8 Joh -- atme ----------------------------------------------------------------------- atmel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1615 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27586 John, I mean that I am reading that the cell will contain say '0800 - 15:00', not a time value, so you test for a string not a number. If you have 8 it is probably best to use worksheet events. Here is an ...

Timer for Queries?

Erratic results from query criteria

Problem moving multiple items after .pst import
Hi, I imported a users .pst to our Exchange 5.5 Server via Outlook2k. After this he cannot move or delete multiple items without getting Outlook to hang (single items work just fine). Works fine using the OWA, though... Would you say this is a IS (or Exchange) problem or Outlook client error? Rgds :// Thomas Run Performance Optimizer (perfwiz.exe) on your Exchange machine. Thomas Arcclight wrote: > Hi, > I imported a users .pst to our Exchange 5.5 Server via > Outlook2k. > After this he cannot move or delete multiple items without > getting Outlook to hang (single items ...

Update Query ?

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

pass through query

a count field in a query?

Multiple criteria
Ok I have a workbook I am working on for someone else and my formulas will not work. Any help would greatly be appreciated. =SUMPRODUCT(--(C4:C59>=5900),--(C4:C59<=5999)) this works like a charm but I need to use this plus (e4:e59="g-shift"). I need the first formula to be the condition to count the second formula. so basically i want if c4 has 5950 and E4 has g-shift then I get 1 and if e4 is blank then i get 0. Everything I have tried says that the formula is wrong. Did you try: =SUMPRODUCT(--(C4:C59>=5900),--(C4:C59<=5999),--(e4:e59="g-shift")) I...

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Multiple Mail Sends
Sorry to cross post folks - first request on these Outlook forums so not sure which of these two to use for best response. I have Outlook 2002 and am having problems with multiple sending of files with large attachments. For example, a mail with 3 * 1meg jpegs was sent by my system and was at 100% on the send bar, then suddenly it starts to resend again. In fact it sends as many times as it can and some recipients have gotten 12 copies of the same mail. All the while in my outbox the file looks like it has not been sent! My ISP (plusnet) claims no responsibility but my thought is that Outlo...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

How do I print only one item on a page instead of multiple.
I'm trying to print out a badge in publishing on XP pro. and I only want to print out 1 badge and not a repeat of the same badge on the page. This was easy to do on 98 pub., all I had to do was x out the ones I didn't want on page preview. Is there a way to do this or am I goint to have to waste a sheet? "dummy06" wrote: > I'm trying to print out a badge in publishing on XP pro. and I only want to > print out 1 badge and not a repeat of the same badge on the page. This was > easy to do on 98 pub., all I had to do was x out the ones I didn't want on ...

How to prevent access to hidden cells?
As you may know, it is very easy to view contents of hidden cells of a hidden worksheet of a structure protected workbook. You just need to enter a formula in any cell, referring to the hidden cell. for ex, to see content of hidden cell A1 of hidden sheet1, just enter formula in a cell "=sheet1!A1" to get the content! Is there a way to block this easy workaround? NB : I am referring to protected cells in an opened workbook. ...

Protecting multiple sheets
Is there any way to protect/unprotect more than one sheet at a time? I have a number of files with multiple sheets, and can't find a way to do this quickly. I'm using version 2000. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Have a look at: www.asap-utilities.com You can download a free add-in that will help you with this, and many other jobs. Andy. "hbc16 >" <<hbc16.12jxo5@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:hbc16.12jxo5@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there any way to protect/unprotect more than one sheet at a time? I > have a nu...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Sorting multiple columns that have similar data
I am trying to sort a worksheet where multiple colums contain the same type of data; the data duplicates down a column but not across a row. I can't figure out how to sort/filter for any rows that have that duplicate data in any column. Instead I wind up sorting the first column I need, which only allows you to sort the remaining rows. ...

Open Multiple Instances of Excel
I remember reading about this problem in here before and now a user here in my office has it. Every time she launches Excel, it would open like 10 files that she's opened before. I appreciate any help. Thanks. Sounds to me like those ten files are stored in her "auto open" folder. Click Tools>Options and select the General tab. Check which folder is listed in the "At startup, open all files in:" box. Edit this entry or move the files to another folder. HTH swatsp0p "RobertN" wrote: > I remember reading about this problem in here before an...

Is it possible to load a database when starting Access from a shortcut? hi, PE wrote: > Is it possible to load a database when starting Access from a shortcut? Yes. You can simply create a shortcut of the database or use FullPathToAccess\MSACCESS.EXE FullpathToDatabase\db.mdb as shortcut destination. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

Multiple Sites for a Contract issue
We have customer who has a Main Headquarters site, and then a number of addresses with one or more items of equipment. Each item is serialised and would be returned for repair if it was faulted. A unit would either be sent in exchange or loaned until repaired and if exchanged then the exchange unit would become the sites contract equipment. At present I can’t see how you can do this, as a contract only seems to accommodate one address and an invoicing address. How can you change the Location address against a Contract Line Item once the Contract has been invoiced and is read only ? Is ...

group by query trouble
I'm trying to run a query that counts the number of people with hemoglobin of type SS, type SC, and then all others. There are about 12 different kinds of types. Basically I want a count for SS, a count for SC, and then a count that totals all the others into one count. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm using group by for the SS and SC which works great, but I'm not sure how to tell it to add up the others. I'm not a big fan of nested IIf statements, but this should work after you put in the proper field and table names: SELECT IIf([Hemoglobin]="SC","SC&...