How can I query a set of dates but exclude non-working days?

Hi there,
I was hoping that someone might be able to help me. My Access knowledge is
at best, rather limited, and I am stuck now and cannot proceed further
without help!

I am building a database of records for work received on certain dates, and
completed by certain dates. I need to be able to to query which work loads
where received on a given date, and whether or not it has a completed date
within a specified limit (say, 3 days). I intend to have a query that
displays records that do fall within the target, and a query that displays
records that do not.

The trick is that I need it to count only WORKING days, i.e. Monday to
Fridays only. I really dont know how I would begin to get this off the ground
and if anyone can help me out I would be extremely grateful. Please bear in
mind my knowledge of coding in Access is very limited.

Thank you very much!

Den.

Outlook Archive NOT using Modified date
Is there anyway to force Archive to look at sent or received and not consider the modified date to archive items. We put in a new server and migrated all the mail to the new server so now the modified date on all emails has changed to that date. Now everything looks only a couple of months old even email from 2 and 3 years ago. I need to get archive to ignore the modified date. Any way to do this? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engine...

Query About the Certification
Hi, I plan to do some certification with regard to the microsoft packages. I'm the Application developer having some knowledges in mfc's and sdk, Which type of certication is possible to do by me. pls give me ur helpfull sugession to me. I heard some thing about MCAD. But i don't know how things are related to vc++ in that, that mostly given for vb. net and c#.net. In most places requirements to C# is high as compared to ours(vc). Is that c# places important role than vc?. If so pls give me how easy/possible of me to migrate from vc to vc#. Thanks Srii ...

Formatting Cells Containing Date Fields That Are Text
Someone here at work imported into Excel a column of text data that looks like mm/dd/yyyy form but need to be mmddyyyy. I thought I could simply highlight the columns, click on Format/Cells/Custom and create mmddyyyy. I do this but the data doesn't change UNTIL I highlight each cell and press F2 or double-click in each cell or create a formula using Right, Mid, etc. When I press F2 or double-click, I notice that an X and a check mark both appear to the right of the Row/ Column box. There's got to be an easier way to do this besides 'onesie-twosie' but we can't figure it...

Can't unlink groups of tasks
I am setting up a Project 2003 file for a project involving inspections of 30 facilities. I would like to track them a decrete groups of tasks in the same file. Each facility consists of the same tasks repeated with only the start date different. I created the tasks and timelines for the first facility, got the dependencies and constraints straight, formated the bars and labels, etc. I then copied that group of tasks, changed the facility label for each facility. When I tried to adjust the start date for the second and third groups of tasks, ALL the start dates changed. I checke...

How do I have excel highlight days before & after a date on a cale
How do have excel highlight 15 days prior to a chosen date on the calendar below & 30 days after? 2010 JANUARY FEBRUARY S M T W T F S S M T W T F S 1 2 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 28 31 MARCH APRIL S M T W T F S S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 11 12 13 14 15 ...

I can't receive or send mail
I try loggin into my account, but I get this message. "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificat's CN name does not match the passed value." How do I fix this? Please post the names of the incoming (POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) servers you are using, and their port numbers as shown on the Advanced tab of the account properties. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "unknown" <unknown@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Can I draw a tangent to a line in graph in Excel?
I want to draw a tangent to the beginning of a line in my graph, and then get the gradient of that tangent. Can Excel do that? I trust that you're using an XY chart, not a line chart, for this exercise. One approach, if you want to manually draw your own "bets" line, would be to add an XY series with two points, the first point being at the point of the first series where you want the tangent. Select the other point of this added series (two single clicks: one to select the series, one to select the point). When the cursor goes over the point, it becomes a four-headed arr...

Tabbing to non sequenced cells in Excel 2000
Can I tab over to only cells that need info input, and skip over other cells? If you protect the worksheet that will happen. While holding down the CTRL key, use the mouse to select the cells you wish to tab through Select Format/Cells and unselect "Locked" on the "Protection" tab Then go into Tools/Protection and select Protect Sheet Now, if you don't use a password, anyone will be able to simply unprotect the sheet as needed and have the "tabbing" capability. "cwalton" <cwalton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1783FC04...

Non-Exchange Calendar Invitation Message was sent to Badmail
I have an Exchange 2003 with SP2. Some reason, non-Exchange calendar invitation messages were sent to Badmail and some users have missed some meeting. Is there some knows why it happens and how to resolve this issue? Thanks for your comments in advance. I would try to figure out what is wrong with the messages. This is likely a problem on the sender's end. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Cheongseo" <Cheongseo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D8C6F2-9CB9-4DA6-8F06-...

Query Running Balance
I am using the following query to create running balance at every change of Invoice Number but no luck, here Invoice Number is a text field SELECT [Inventory Movement Extended].InventoryCode, [Inventory Movement Extended].InvoiceDate, [Inventory Movement Extended].InvoiceNumber, [Inventory Movement Extended].[Company Name], [Inventory Movement Extended].InventoryName, [Inventory Movement Extended].Purchase, [Inventory Movement Extended].Sale, DSum("[Purchase]","Inventory Movement Extended","[InvoiceNumber]<='" & [InvoiceNumber] & &q...

Can Excel 2003 Do This?
Thanks in advance for anybody that can help me with this... Here's what I want to do: I have a workbook that I have recreated in excel for my boyfriends work. One of the sheets is a weekly production report that he sends in to his employer to get paid. There is a separate sheet that has a list of available units with three columns; 1)Unit ID, 2) Description, 3)Unit price. I would like to somehow make it so all he has to do is type in the Unit ID on the corresponding cell on the production report and have it automatically fill in the correct description, unit price & when he enters t...

Can't Get Line Number on Status Bar
In Word 2003, I was able to look at the status bar at the bottom of the screen to see what line I was on in a particular document. Is it possible to do this in Word 2007? Thanks. Yes. Right click in the status bar. Line number is one of the choices. Pam mcwein wrote: >In Word 2003, I was able to look at the status bar at the bottom of the >screen to see what line I was on in a particular document. Is it possible to >do this in Word 2007? Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/word-docmanagement/201001/1 Yes it is...

Can't see Groups in Global Address List
I have created a group on the exchange server using the following method AD Users and Group Action, New, Grou Named the Group Managers, Group Scope: Global, Group Type: Distributio Finis My expectation is that I would now see the Manager Group in the Global Address List in Outlook. That is not the case. I can only see it if I select "Groups" on the "All Address Lists". How do I get that Manager Group to show up in the GAL in Outlook? Thanks - "Zanshin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a group on the exchange server using ...

IIF function help in query
Hello, I have the following field in the query to look at a field PartDesc, if any of the text have a *BUSH* word, return yes, otherwise no. BUSH: IIF(PartDesc= Like *BUSH*, "yes","no") Why the Like *BUSH* not working? Thanks Because = and LIKE are two operators, a little bit like: 4 * / 3 would mean what (multiply followed by divide)? Probably better to remove the =, in this case: BUSH: IIF(PartDesc Like *BUSH*, "yes","no") Vanderghast, Access MVP "Cam" <Cam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Help with macro looping and color query function
I have been struggling to get a macro together to perform some tricky coloring functions. With the kind help of a number of people in the 'Excel Worksheet Forum' I have got close to achieving something which works but need help to get the macro to run. Here is where I have got to: The following is an example macro, kindly provided to me by Paul who has been helping me in the worksheet forum: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 19/05/2005 ' ' mycell = Range("A1").Value mycolor = Range("C1").Value Sheets("Sheet2...

The spacing between lines of text is not uniform; how can I fix it
Occasionally, lines of text within a paragraph end up unevenly spaced (this has happened in Word and in Publisher). I've checked to make sure the defaults were set to even spacing (e.g., 1 space between lines) and they were. What else can I do to fix this problem? As it stands right now, I think the document looks somewhat sloppy because within just one paragraph I think I have 3 differently-sized spaces between lines. ...

How can I convert a number to english text in Excel
Is there a way to convert an certain number, to english text in Excel. For eg. An invoice total of $1000 shoul also appear in words (Dollars One Thousand) Hi, See the following: http://longre.free.fr/english/ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;140704& http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;213360 http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip Also check out the following add-in by astien Mensink http://www.asap-utilities.com/ Super utility one of the functions converts numbers to text lik...

Norton Antispam, Outlook and non standard POP3 and SMTP ports
I had two windows XP computers, 1 - xp home, outlook 2003, NIS 2006, Norton antispam 2 - xp home, outlook 2002, nis 2005, Norton antispam Comcast just changed the incoming and outgoing ports to nonstand ports (ie not 25 and 110). As soon as I made the change to oulook, I was getting an message when outlook tried to load. The only way to get outlook to load properly was to disable the Norton antispam add on. My suspicion is that the NIS/NAS/OUTLOOK combo does not work with ports other than the standard pop3 and SMTP ports. I did get all of the latest updates for NIS and both systems are fu...

Setting the first record in list box
Hi Folks, i am trying to set the first record in a list box (no multiselect) but the problem I have is that the list box items are created from a dynamic query that fisrt looks up the values. How do i tell the list box that to select the first record and to highlight this when the form is displayed? As always your help is appreciated. Regards, John Dumay John Dumay wrote: > i am trying to set the first record in a list box (no multiselect) but the > problem I have is that the list box items are created from a dynamic query > that fisrt looks up the values. How do i tell th...

Outlook wont work
I have registered XP home, registered Office 2000 professional, updated with everything MS site recommends and it doesn't work! Sorry. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John Bruce asked: | I have registered XP home, registered Office 2000 | professional, updated with everything MS site recommends | and it doesn't work! ...

Can't get third outlook account to show up
MS Outlook 2k3 This is frustrating me, I did the typical add email stuff and all went well, but now the email isnt showing up in my arranged list (arranging by accounts so I can view all my emails at the same time) When I try to send an email, however, I can choose this account from the accounts drop down menu, and it will send an email. any ideas? i've been searching forever. So you're using the Arrange By | E-mail Account view on your Inbox and you don't see this 3rd e-mail account as one of the groups? First, do you have any e-mails actually FROM that account to show? I...

Excel No Longer Working
Ok. This one has me stumped. I have adding the compatibility pack to systems in my office with no problem, until yesterday. Added the pack to an Office 2003 Pro system. Everything works great except for Excel. Now when we start excel it acts like it is trying to do an initial setup, then says it needs the disc. I put the disc in, but it will not find the CAB file. Weirder than that is every time I retry it the CAB designation changes. I have tried to do a repair and the same thing happens. I have tried a reinstall and the same thing happens. Anyone have ANY ideas???? I don't know...

Rota spreadsheet
Hope someone can help as I'm at a total loss. I've got a rota that shows all personnel details, with shift patterns: 9am - 3pm 8am - 4pm 10pm - 4am etc (shift patterns subject to change and are individual) I have a column that shows them 'clocked on' and another for 'clocked off'. Now for legal purposes I need to know who is 'on' at regular intervals: 7 am 7.10 am 7.20 am 7.30 am so thinking logically I'd say if for the 7 am count if they are 'clocked in' but not 'clocked off' then count that person but I can't seem to find the r...

Combining Queries 01-02-08
To explain my problem, I'll use clothes as an example. Imagine a case where I have 40 hats, 35 coats, and 50 shoes which are distributed among three rooms. Each item has a unique identifier, ie H000 thru H039 for hats, C000 thru C034 for coats, etc. Each of the types of clothing have linked tables for model types, etc. I can make a report that lists which hats are in each of the three rooms based on a query that combines the linked tables. I can do the same for the other types. How do I make a report that shows all items, with fields from their linked tables, in each room regar...

i want to find microsoft works please help me to find it. i reall.
Hi not really sure what your issue is. Do you need to buy this program? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "TATINI2003US@YAHOO.COM" <TATINI2003US@YAHOO.COM@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CD92EB68-1B90-4317-9051-2D5C140E9214@microsoft.com... > ...