Highlight keywords in result of perameter query

I have a query perameter "*" & [Keyword Search] & "*" the returns the records
based on the keyword.  Works great.  Is there a way the keyword to be
highlighted or change color in the results?

Not that I know of.  Especially in a query.

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

"Ryan Tisserand" <RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a query perameter "*" & [Keyword Search] & "*" the returns the
>records
> based on the keyword.  Works great.  Is there a way the keyword to be
> highlighted or change color in the results?

0
John
1/23/2008 4:43:03 PM
What about on a form?

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Not that I know of.  Especially in a query.
>

> --
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
> Center for Health Program Development and Management
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> ..
>
> "Ryan Tisserand" <RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a query perameter "*" & [Keyword Search] & "*" the returns the
> >records
> > based on the keyword.  Works great.  Is there a way the keyword to be
> > highlighted or change color in the results?

Only if the controls were rich text controls.  Then you could probably do it
for single form display and perhaps for continuous forms.

I'm sure this would require code to handle the HIGHLIGHTING and that you
would also need to have the code turn off the highlighting when you closed
the form.

--

> What about on a form?
>
> "John Spencer" wrote:
>
>> Not that I know of.  Especially in a query.
>>

>> --
>> John Spencer
>> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
>> Center for Health Program Development and Management
>> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>> ..
>>
>> "Ryan Tisserand" <RyanTisserand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I have a query perameter "*" & [Keyword Search] & "*" the returns the
>> >records
>> > based on the keyword.  Works great.  Is there a way the keyword to be
>> > highlighted or change color in the results?

0
John

Workbench vs. Quantities Query Help
When i am looking at an item in Workbench and I drill into it shouldn't the PAB in Workbench for all sites be equal to the NET in Quantities queries for all sites on that same item? I drill in on any given day and get a different NET. I manually net out the item based on what is showing for PO's, MO's etc. (all demand and supply) and the NET in the Quantities queries window is correct so i am confused about where the number in Workbench is coming from or is there something wrong with the data?? -- Thanks Knavas Yes it should. You might try running a Reconcile on the in...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...

Outlook 2003 toolbar doesn't highlight buttons.
My "New" "Reply" "Reply to all" and "Forward" buttons do not work and I can not do any of these functions. How do I reset / fix this problem? "emailbandit" <emailbandit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9B0E4F2-9EAD-42E7-A33C-9C10510FD788@microsoft.com... > My "New" "Reply" "Reply to all" and "Forward" buttons do not work and I can > not do any of these functions. How do I reset / fix this problem? Did it ever work? If so, what changed on your PC between then an...

Gettting an SQL snippet from a query
Given: select cde from mytable; A1% BV7% CV5% What SQL will give me the following as a result (SQL snippet): where cde like 'A1%' or cde like 'BV7%' or cde like 'CV5%' Thanks. AA2e72E (AA2e72E@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Given: > > select cde from mytable; > > A1% > BV7% > CV5% > > What SQL will give me the following as a result (SQL snippet): > > where cde like 'A1%' or cde like 'BV7%' or cde like 'CV5%' It is far from clear what you are asking for, but if I make a b...

counting highlighted cells
not sure if you can do this but does anyone know if there is a function of macro that i can use to count the number of cells that are highlighted. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Right-click on the status bar and select "count". Gord Dibben XL2002 On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:46:54 -0400, Dragonstear <Dragonstear.vfa9c@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: >not sure if you can do this but does anyone know if there is a function >of macro t...

Self Join Query / Second highest value in query
I have a table containing service history for vehicles. I'm trying to put together a report to display what services have been completed on each vehicle for the current period & if the services were carried out within a tolerance based on the vehicle mileage. I've tried a few combinations of dlookup, attempted self join queries etc. to determine the mileage of the service prior to the current one to work out these intervals between services. The second highest value in a query or dlookup/dmax seems to be beyond my reach. Could anyone point me in the best direction to overco...

Auto filter Query??
Hi hope this is possible. I would like to run a macro that uses a custom filter to do the following a Date is enetered into j18 (start date) and a date entered into k18 (end date) is it possible to use auto filter to run a custom macro where as the criterias are >= j18 and < k18 How would i accomplish this, any help with some code would be useful i tried the following without much success Sub daterange() Selection.AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=">=Cell(j18)", Operator:= _ xlAnd, Criteria2:="<Cell(j18)" End Sub HYCH Steve On Mar 3, 3...

append query discrepancy
I have an append query that is outputting to a table that I use for mail merge. The problem is in the table view of my query, I see the correct information in certain fields like "City, State, Zip" in the regular format of, say, "Elmira, NY 14905". When I go into the table that the query is outputting to, in the "city, state, zip" field I get a number, which corresponds to the ID Autonumber that corresponds with each city, state, and zip in the table the query is pulling it off of. Any idea how to fix this? I can send a copy of the mdb. Please feel free to...

Wrong concatenate results
Hi ng. Using xl2003 ColA is unit 79990001 ColE is account 7001.3038 ColG concatenates =VALUE(CONCATENATE(A2,E2)) I formated 000000000000.0000 I would expect 799900017001.3038 Instead I receive 799900017001.3030 Why is this and how do I correct -- gos ----------------------------------------------------------------------- goss's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=460 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26681 Hi problem is Excel only supports 15 significant digits. and you have 17 in your concatenated result. So thi...

Search Results View
Hi, Is there any way to change the view for "search results" in accounts. The problem we have is that we could have several companies with the same name, so ideally we would like to put another column in the "search results" field e.g. city. I have changed the default views for all other accounts but can nto find a way to change the "search results", even looking in the savedquerybase to see if i can find the savedqueryid. Thanks in advance Simon Use this url where your server replaces crm http://crm/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-000...

Find Max result, multiple listings
I just found these forums and They are very informative. I found several threads that were similar to what i'm trying to do, bu they wern't able to competely do what I need. Here is a simplified example [image: http://stevesite.hopto.org:888/pics/excel_help.jpg] what I want in the end is to have charts per planet, with best scores (best skills, best ping.. etc) I've been trying to get Hlookup, and max, and If's (or whatever woul work) combined so that in another worksheet, i can have "mars" column and then have each players highest score,skill, ping, of all the...

Using check boxes to select criteria to run query
I need some help. I have 5 check boxes. There is one for each country of Canada UK USA France Germany And i want the users to be able to tick which countries they wish to view data for. The data is in a table with a column for country. Please help as I am stuck. Many Many thank you. Natalie Rather than checkboxes I would use an Option Group set to display checkboxes. Only one can be selected at a time but you can include one to show all. When using the Option Group create a table -- tblCountry -- Num Country 1 Canada 2 UK 3 USA 4 Franc...

copying files with query(s), the query is still linked to the ori.
When copying or saving a file with a new name that contains query(s), the query keeps linked to the original file. How can the query be copied and linked to the new file. How can this be overcome? ...

Queries to fill a Report fo a Government Form
In a form to be completed by the institution, the Government requests to insert the total number of tuition fees in a box for the previous (2009) year for each student. There are 3 terms: winter, summer and autumn and In each term, the student must have participated in >= 7 hours of courses (or 7 credits) What would be the queries to create to generate the report which will print the form? Thank you very much. >>insert the total number of tuition fees in a box for the previous (2009) year for each student. Confused I am. Is it to be the dollar total or the number...

Add a line/row number in front of query results
How can a add a line number in front of the returned query results? Example: If a query returns 3 records: Dog Cat Mouse I would like to query to return the results with line numbers: 1 Dog 2 Cat 3 Mouse The query would add line/row numbers for the returned results. Thank you in advance, I have asked this question in the past but having a hard time in trying to explain this simple concept or maybe its not so simple. Michael Kintner RowNum Sample SELECT (SELECT COUNT(*)+1 FROM PERMISSIONS P1 WHERE P1.ID < P.ID) AS ROWNUM, P.* FROM PERMISSIONS P HTH Pieter "Michael Kint...

using MIN in a query
Hi all, I'm building a query and i would like to pull all the data from the same row where specifc column indicate the MIN function how should i do it? On Mar 30, 7:19 am, "thread" <yaniv...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I'm building a query and i would like to pull all the data from the > same row where specifc column indicate the MIN function > how should i do it? Are you saying that you want to say pull the record of a person that has the lowest point total or something along those lines. I think that is what you are trying to do, but I had trouble u...

Need a query to get rid of duplicates using two tables
I have 2 tables - one -A - has 100 records - the other - B - has 150 records - they have a common field NAME - table B has the same 100 records as table A, plus 50 more - I want to create a table with only the 50 records that are not unique to both tables. The tables I'm dealing with have much more than 100 records so I need a query to take out the common records and leave only the unique 50 records from table B. This is not the typical "duplicate records" query as it relates to two tables. Help!?! Susan This sounds like you want to use the unmatched query wizar...

Cannot run make-table query
When I run a make-table query in my Access 2003 database, I receive error: Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on 'Measures'. Please note that I can open table Measures (linked) and edit, add, or delete data in table view, so I believe the message is misguided. While this may possibly be security related, it should not be. We had put this database through the security wizard, but when deployment did not work out, I did the following three things: 1. Gave Admin full rights on all objects. 2. Added Admin to the Admins group, which has full rights. 3. Gave the Users group f...

Highlighting Trends Using Formatting
Hi All, I am setting up a spreadsheet that tracks the prices of share movements for a lot of different shares. Once I import them into Excel, they basically just form a grid, with date on the horizontal axis, and share on the vertical. Amongst other things, I would like to have a function which checks the data, and formats the cells that have a trend identified. This would be a very simple trend, say, for a share that has risen over three consecutive days, the text for the share price of those three days is bolded and highlighted green. I would like to apply other criteria as well, but all ba...

Query Optimization
I have a table with the following structure (plus a couple of other unused columns): dtDateTime; intID; intValue There are multiple entries with the same dtDateTime value such as: 1/1/2010 00:00:10; 1, 10 1/1/2010 00:00:10; 2, 34 1/1/2010 00:00:10; 3, 23 1/1/2010 00:00:10; 4, 75 The goal is to get a result with the following structure: dtDateTime; ID1; ID2; ID3; ID4... Example results: 1/1/2010; 10; 34; 23; 75 One way to accomplish this is as follows: SELECT T0.dtDateTime, T1.Val AS ID1 T2.Val AS ID2, T3.Val AS ID3, T4.Val AS ID4 FROM (SELECT DISTINCT dtDateTime FROM...

Microsoft Query Crashes!
Hi, I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000. trying to create a new database query and in the status bar it says: "waiting for data to be returned from microsoft query" and hangs What's happening?! Regards Stefano Could be you don't have the proper access, (driver), or "rights" to the data you seek. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "buattis@anz.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000. > > trying to create a new database query and in the status bar it says: > > "waiting for data to be returned fr...

Report Using Crosstab Query
I am trying to build a report that has week ending dates across the top (example 12/22/07, 12/29/07, 1/5/08) and Driver Names down the left side. I would like to have the report populate a scheduled date that falls in between the range. My crosstab query only tries to count or sum the dates. There is a solution for creating crosstab reports based on date intervals at http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=5466. This uses months but it shouldn't be too difficult to change to weeks. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www....

ipconfig error: unable to query host name
I am working through a router with one main computer, a wireless laptop, and a second desktop computer. When everything is plugged in, the second desktop computer (which runs Windows XP Home Edition) shows it is connected to the Internet, but when running a browser (in this case Internet Explorer) I get the "The page cannot be displayed" error. I've tried to run an "ipconfig" through the command prompt and I get this error: Windows IP Configuration An internal error occurred: the request is not supported. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for fu...

Trying to combine multiple records into one record in a Query
I am new to Access, and very little knowledge about SQL. I read allot about normalization, need to know if I went to far with it with my Family table. Here is the structures for the tables I have, and of the query I want to create. Contact Table: tabContactID (Autonumber) ContactID (Create using VBA in a form) (PK) FirstName LastName etc.... Example: tabContactID ContactID FirstName LastName etc.... 0001 DonDuck Donald Duck 0002 MicMouse Mickey Mouse Next the Family Table: tabFamID (Autonumber)(PK...

ex bpa ssl result
good afternoon just ran best practices analisys and got this result --> regarding the ssl certificate, it has expired on 12 15 2004 furthermore, there is a mismatch between names. cimbo.com doesn't matches snake desert, snake town, snake oil ... what exactly am i dealing with ?? we are not using ssmpt. is this related to it ?? thanks for any help Pedro Leite from Portugal ...