Help with formula

Can't seem to get this to work can someone please help
Expr1:Int(CDec( [DETAIL_LINE_AMT]*0.0675+ 0.005) * 100 / 100)

Mike wrote:

>Can't seem to get this to work can someone please help
>Expr1:Int(CDec( [DETAIL_LINE_AMT]*0.0675+ 0.005) * 100 / 100)

Will this do what you want?

Expr1:Int([DETAIL_LINE_AMT]*0.0675+0.005 * 100) / 100

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

"...can't ... get this to work ..." could mean a lot of things.

Does it run but return incorrect values?

Does it fail to run and gives an error message (it would be helpful to know
what that message says)?

Does it cause your PC to begin smoking?

A bit more specific description will probably lead to  more specific
suggestions.

(what are you expecting to have happen if your [DETAIL_LINE_AMT] is Null or
empty?)
--
Regards

Jeff Boyce
www.InformationFutures.net

Microsoft Office/Access MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
http://microsoftitacademy.com/

> Can't seem to get this to work can someone please help
> Expr1:Int(CDec( [DETAIL_LINE_AMT]*0.0675+ 0.005) * 100 / 100)

0
Jeff

Bolding/etc based on formula results...
Hi folks, I want to insert a formula into a cell, whereby if the results were outside a certain range, the results would be bolded, and the cell possibly infilled with a different background colour. If the results of the formula fell within the certain range, then the results would appear as normal type, and the background colour would be the same as the rest of the spreadsheet. Any pointers on how I can do this? Cheers, Dave A formula cannot change a cell's format But Format | Conditional Formatting can do just what you want. Have a look at it, experiment, then return with questions...

Formula Problem?
I am using Excel 2000 with Windows XP. I am having a problem. I am on Sheet 2 of my workbook. I have SSN on a sheet named Employees in the same workbook. I need to take the numbers on the Employees Sheet and transfer it to the sheet 2. I know how to do this. It just won't work. This is a copy of my formula. =SUM(Employees!C3) This should take the SSN that is in the C3 cell on the employees sheet and place it at the cell where the formula is typed. When I put this formula in the cell I am getting just a "0". Please help. =Employees!C3 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten...

Help with basic workflow........please
Hi There I am looking at creating a basic workflow (initially anyway). What I want to be able to do is if any details on the contact records changes to then a email is automatically sent to the record owner telling them that info has changed. It would be good to include in the email subject the account name and the contacts name? Is there anyone that could get me started maybe? Thanks in advance Kind Regards Peter What you need is not a Workflow but rather a Callout. A Workflow can handle one of these 4 triggers: Create, Manual, Reassign and Status Change. None of these are triggere...

Help with RecordSetClone
Hello, this is my first attempt at using recordsetclone to look at the same field on a continuous form and update the field. I have looked at other examples on this forum and put together the below code but I keep getting an "invalid argument 3001 error" when it reaches the first .FindNext. With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark .FindNext Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then Me!subfrmPersons.Form! [Age]...

Help! COUNTIF and SUMPRODUCT are eating my brain!
This *should* be easy, I guess, but I keep getting errors where I canno see a problem with my formula (Tho' admittedly I'm by no means an Exce expert). Here's my task: I have column G labeled "Tasks" and the cell values are either "Open" "Closed", "Cancelled", or blank. Then I have column L labeled "Name and the cell values are, of course, names. I'm simply trying to come u with a formula that will tally the tasks that are "Open" and of those how many are assigned to "Smith". After fruitless attempts using COUN...

Office Professional 2007 trial..need help
I purchased a 180 day trial version with disc in Jan 2010, installed into computer and the motherboard died. I purchased new computer with Windows 7 (previous computer was Vista) and tried installing and it won't work. I uninstalled everything Office and tried downloading the 60 day trial, still won't work as I get the activation expiration date of Dec. 31, 2002. Any ideas as now when I try to download from the website, it tells me I have downloaded my alotted number of times - still have no working programs and need them for a class - must be microsoft 2007 pro. Any help...

Formula for adding up columns, i.e., B1:B10 + D1:D10 + F1:F10 + H1:H10 + J1:J10
I've never figured this one out. Went and googled yet again but I'm obviously not googling for the right thing. Same as with the help file. What is the type of formula we use for adding up columns or rows, esp. if they're broken up by rows/columns in between? Thanks! =SUM(B1:B10,D1:D10,F1:F10,H1:H10) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "StargateFanFromWork" <noSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message news:ORPkLEa1FHA.2792@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I've never figured this one out. Went and googled yet again but I'm > obviously not googling for the right t...

How to get rid of "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references"
Frequently I'll delete some cells in an Excel 2007 worksheet and from then on get the message "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references." whenever I try to do anything in the worksheet. There are no invalid references, as I have verified. Possibly there were some temporarily while Excel was in the process of deleting the cells. If I save the file, exit Excel, then reopen the workbook, Excel changes its mind and decides there aren't any invalid references after all (at least the message goes away). Is there any way to get Excel to figure t...

how do you delete cells when they are connected with a formula
All I know how to do is enter info into a cell. This is a list of numbered employees. Usually, I would just seleted the cell and delete, but I get ###error. The formula is =+sum (A73+1) Please help!!! I believe you are seeing ### because the cell is not large enough to display the #REF! error. When you delete the cell (A73), either by right clicking and seleting delete or by using the Edit function, the formula no longer knows what cell to reference, and all the other cells below the one with the error have all adjusted accordingly (in this case, up one). If you look below the cell w...

Can i use conditional formating on a cell when it contains a formula? #2
=mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1 -- si ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26784 Hi the reason for this is that thie formula returns a string and not a numeric value. Change the formula to: =--mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany sit wrote: > =mid(text(a1;"0000000000.00");1;1) OR ... Change your Conditional formula to: =&quo...

exchangeserver help
i need a guidence in exchange server http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/ Lasse Pettersson Humandata, Sweden "shekhar" <shekhar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DCFECC8-6C8F-4895-88A8-82EC729AA0F9@microsoft.com... >i need a guidence in exchange server Best thing to do is try install it and try connect some outlook client and send emails to each other. I have found with most software once you install and know what your purpose you know what to read and what questions to ask. This newsgroup is very good for asking questions. "shekha...

Can you help a NEWBIE please
Hi, I need a little help, as I'm trying to help my father with a spreadsheet but have got stuck. I have 2 Columns, TransactionID and TransactionCode. 5 T 5 AA 6 H 6 BB 7 AA 7 T 8 T 8 BB What I want to be able to do it to create/compute a 3rd column based on the other 2. Now this is where I am getting stuck. The Rule is that for a TransactionCode of T or H this needs to be changed to either a "AA" or BB depending on what the other value is for the same Transaction ID. ie this would be the final output. 5 T AA 5 AA AA 6 H BB 6 BB BB 7 AA AA 7 T AA 8 T BB 8 BB BB The sort of ...

my merge and centre icon is just a shadow, help?
i am using excel a lot at the moment but am primarily self taught. I have managed to lock down my merge and centre button so all I can see is a shadow of the light grey imprint. How can I release the icon? noting I have tried to customize and drag the merge back again but as soon as I close the box I again lose the icon? Urgently needed to finish spreadsheets this weekend!!! Worksheet is protected? Workbook is in Shared mdoe? Either of these will disable merge and center. Since you are learning I would suggest you quickly unlearn the use of merge and center. Causes many problems whe...

help with distribution formula!
i need to make a distribution table. i know that i use the -normdist- function, i just can't figure out what to put in each argument. my data is 10 questions, and each question has 5 answers to choose from (multiple choice). Assuming that im making complete random guesses, i need to find the probability of getting 1 question correct, 2 questions, 3, 4, and so on until i get the prob. of getting all 10 correct. what would i plug into each argument? x - mean - standard Dev - cumulative - i'm not specifically asking for the answers, but more for help on figuring out which goes into...

Vlookup Formula #3
Hi, column J has dates (days of each month). Column K has numbers. the whole rang is J7:K38. E12 has a date and F12 has a number. In cell G12, I need to: =F12*K? (that has the corresponding date as in cell E12) ie. if E12 has date 14/10/07 then look for the same date in range J7:J39 and take the corresponding number in range K7:K39 and multiply it with the value in f12 and put the answer in cell G12. All in the same s Khalil] Hope to have an answer!! =VLOOKUP(E12,J7:K38,2,FALSE)*F12 if you indent to copy the formula down the column =VLOOKUP(E12,$E$7:$K$38,2,FALSE)*F12 best wishes -- Be...

Waitable Timer Question Please help!
Hello I am trying to use the waitable timer in a MFC project and using MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx() to wai on the timer handle. But my timer callback doesnot get executed. Below is the source code with al the error checking removed. Please help me to fix this problem //Global int wLoopCount= 0 void CTimerTestDlg::OnStartTimer() HANDLE hTimer[1] LARGE_INTEGER liDueTime int breakLoop = 0 int retVal = 0 // Create waitable time hTimer[0] = CreateWaitableTimer(NULL, TRUE, "WaitableTimer") // start the timer 5 sec from now and tick every 2 se liDueTime.QuadPart = -5000...

Formulas are inactive
I have completed a five sheet program for monitoring Mutual Fund Data. All of the formulas acted normally until I completed a sixth sheet to summerize the data. The formulas on the sixth sheet link back to the other five sheets. Upon completetion of the sixth sheet none of the formulas in the preceding five sheets will work. Help Pete Check out Tools>Options>Calculation. Is is set to "manual" or "Automatic"? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 10:51:10 -0800, Pete S <psimler@twmi.rr.com> wrote: >I have completed a five sheet program for monitorin...

Need help with OUTPUT parameters
Hi, I am trying to execute two child stored procedures from a parent one. The first stored procedure inserts a new company into Companies table and returns its CompanyID, the second stored procedure inserts an address into Addresses table and returns its AddressID and the third one assigns the address to the company. Everything works fine but when I run the parent stored procedure, I only want to return the CompanyID back to my application. However, the code below returns both CompanyID and AddressID. I'm using OUTPUT clause so that I can grab CompanyID and AddressID r...

Line-Column 2 axes Help
I can't seem to set up a line/column graph and format it correctly. I have over 10 series of elevation data and corresponding dates from one worksheet, and precipitation data and corresponding dates from another worksheet. I have the the elevation series plotted to the 2nd x axis (date) and the precipitation series plotted to the 1st x asis (date). Precip data on the left y axis and Elevation data on the right y axis. Ideally, what I want is line graphs for the elevation data and bar chart for the precip data. I can either get ALL the data to be line graph data, or one of my ele...

SMTPreg.vbs eventsink blokking vital system mail replication
Hi I have a problem with an eventsink, I have three exchange 2003 servers, each sitting in its own routing group called inner, outer and middel RG, mail sendt from the inner server must be logged and blocked if not sendt from a valid email klient, so what is done is that all mail sendt from the inner server must travel through the middle server and the eventsink is instaleld on the middle server. this works just fine, mail gets blocked. But since what triggers the eventsink is absence of an outlook addon, all system mail sendt between the three servers gets blocked. I need to let system mail b...

Query Expression help
What is the correct expression to get average handle time per return, rather than per batch (returns are logged in batches that vary in quantity). Currently using this espression to get AHT per batch- Handle Time: [Sign In Time]-[Sign Out Time] I would like to divide this sum by [Processed], which is already an expression Processed: [Filed]+[Sent to Accounting]+[Pended] to ger AHT per return. I tried- Handle Time: sum([Sign In Time]-[Sign Out Time])/[Processed], but that doesn't work. Help! Perhaps the following, although I suspect that will not give you the results you expect. S...

Excel Formula #12
I am trying to have text and a formula reside in teh same box with the date in the format shown (23-May-04). Here is as far as I get... ="Todays date is "&TODAY() and the results I get is Todays date is 38131 Rick Rick, here you go: ="Today's date is "& TEXT(TODAY(),"dd-mmm-yy") -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "Rick" <ricky.sather@si-intl.com> wrote in message news:7c55e5aa.0405241127.3cebb0ab@posting.google.com... > I am trying to have text and a formul...

Excel Help for $ ! :)
I run www.AndyFutureRDH.com and have created a workbook with 13 pages (12 monthly and 1 yearly total page)... I have perfected as much as I can with my limited knowledge but would like to hire someone for a one time deal to take it and make it kick butt! Before any work is to be done I will email you the file I created and you will offer me what you can do to it to make it better and for how much. Please email me with questions or inquiries: andyc18@aol.com with the subject "ANDY EXCEL HELP" Thanks! Andy Codding RDH --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Andy,...

Help eith macro and command function
I need help with the procedure required to complete the following task. I have a spreadsheet that if data is enetered into cell range J6:N6, the user is prompted to eneter a date, which will reside in cell Q6. Any help will be appreciated. I;ve attemped to use a form, with a command button and a tex dox, however with not much success, any help would be appreciated. You could use the Wroksheet_Change event to prompt for the date. For example: '=========================== Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Row >= 6 Then If Target.Column >= 10 And T...

excel help 04-09-10
I have a table (range a5:s33) that is changing constantly and its being updated. I need cell I1 and I2 to give me the date (I1) and time (I2) when any of the cells within the range are modified....any help?...thanks Try the following Sheets Event-Macro: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersect(Target, [A5:S33]) Is Nothing Then [I1] = Date [I2] = Time End If End Sub --------------- Micky "jcheko" wrote: > I have a table (ran...