Help please using a combo box with a query instead of the usual wildcards etc.....

Hi,

I have nearly finished my database and I  would like to add a query
that uses a combo box to get the results, not the usual paramater
style input. I suppose it would need a form and a query and a combo
box, but where to start !!!!!!!!

Any kind soul out there that can give me an example of where to
start..........?

Many Thanks

Joe

0
deaconj999

Joe

The generic approach you'd use is:
  * create a new form, add a combo box that is set to return the value your
query would need
  * create your query ... in the criterion "cell", put a reference to the
form's combo box's value:
        Forms!YourFormName!cboYourComboBoxName
  * for this to work, the form MUST be open
  * add a command button to the form -- and have that button run the query

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"deaconj999" <deaconj999@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have nearly finished my database and I  would like to add a query
> that uses a combo box to get the results, not the usual paramater
> style input. I suppose it would need a form and a query and a combo
> box, but where to start !!!!!!!!
>
> Any kind soul out there that can give me an example of where to
> start..........?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Joe

0
Jeff
4/6/2007 10:02:29 PM
On Apr 6, 11:02 pm, "Jeff Boyce" <nonse...@nonsense.com> wrote:
> Joe
>
> The generic approach you'd use is:
>   * create a new form, add a combo box that is set to return the value your
> query would need
>   * create your query ... in the criterion "cell", put a reference to the
> form's combo box's value:
>         Forms!YourFormName!cboYourComboBoxName
>   * for this to work, the form MUST be open
>   * add a command button to the form -- and have that button run the query
>
> Good luck!
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>
> "deaconj999" <deaconj...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > I have nearly finished my database and I  would like to add a query
> > that uses a combo box to get the results, not the usual paramater
> > style input. I suppose it would need a form and a query and a combo
> > box, but where to start !!!!!!!!
>
> > Any kind soul out there that can give me an example of where to
> > start..........?
>
> > Many Thanks
>
> > Joe- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for that, got it working now

0
deaconj999

sumifs help

Setting the range of a dialog box slider
Can anyone help me to set the min and max values of a slider control on a slider control in a dialog box, I created the control with the resource editor and do not know how to access the class of the control (the class wizard only creates a class for the dialog box), is there a way to attach a CSliderCtrl class to the resource or is there some other way to access the object in C++. SiBorg wrote: > Can anyone help me to set the min and max values of a slider control on a slider control in a dialog box, I created the control with the resource editor and do not know how to access the class of...

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

SMTP incoming routing based on UserID..Urgent please...thanks in a
Hi, I have my requirement as follows: - I have a single domain called test.mail.biz i want that all my incoming e-mails should land to my exchange server. However, there are few "users" whose mailboxes are on a different non-exchange server. I have MX record and remote domain configured on SMTP host for normal domain based routing. Is there any method by which I can tell SMTP that any mails coming for user1@test.mail.biz should get relayed to some other server?rest of the users should get relay to my exchange mail server. Any help appreciated. Thanks again This might work: ...

Import data using macro
Hi, how do you use excel to import a text file using a macro to do the work for you? I start by creating a new workbook. Then turn on the macro recorder and open that text file. (Try not to make errors--it can make clean up troublesome.) Then format the worksheet (headers/footers/page layout/filters,freeze panes) exactly the way you want. When you're done, turn off the macro recorder. Close the imported file and back to your other workbook. Insert a giant button from the forms toolbar on the first worksheet (with instructions). Then save it. Now go into the vbe and start tweakin...

Use Outlook to send to contacts in a query
Is there a way to set Outlook to send to contacts stored in a query (or a table) WITHOUT just importing them and doing it that way? I want to create a database, set Outlook to look in it, and have it send to contacts whose contact information will be listed in that database. Alan: Yes, there is a way. But have you explored, and rejected, storing contacts in Outlook and creating Outlook Distribution Lists? If you really need to store your contacts in Access, then you could use VBA code in your Access database to start Outlook and send and an email (or Mailitem as Outlook calls it). Y...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

Query to Count "0" in Row
I am trying to create an expression in a query that says if CONTRIBUTION BEGIN year is less then 2006 and the AUTE2 = 00/00/00 then count the number of "0" in the rown and multiply that by 58. This is what I had thought up so far, but I know it isn't right. CONTRIBUTION DUE: IIF([CONTRIBUTION BEGIN], 'yyyy' <2006, AND AUTE2 = 00/00/00, Count "0" And Multiply by 58 Any input is greatly appreciated. -Anthony Morano What kind of data type is being stored in your [AUTE2] field? If that is supposed to be a date, I don't think Access considers #00/00/00...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

OLE DB Query in Excel
Is it possible to pass parameters to SQL in an OLE DB query within Excel. For example: Select * from property where prop_id = ? Somehow link the parameter to a cell in the spreadsheet or something in like. Thanks. Hi Joe, You can link parameters from your spreadsheet to SQL statements but right off hand I can't remember if you need to do this with a VBA SQL line or you can imbed it directly in an SQL statement. Could you show us the SQL statement or VBA SQL line. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "JOE OROZCO" wrote: > Is it possible to pass parameters to SQL in an OLE...

Can We Use "cout" in MFC? How About "string"?
How do we use "cout" in MFC. How about string maria("lennox")? None of them works. Please explain; maria Why in the world would you want to? Where do you think it is going to put it? For debug tracing, see my Logging Listbox Control on my MVP Tips site. joe On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:19:44 -0400, maria <<>> wrote: >How do we use "cout" in MFC. How about >string maria("lennox")? >None of them works. Please explain; > >maria Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http:...

bcc help

Comparing queries
Hi, I am using a database storing equipment for rooms where I have two queries set up, one listing original equipment and another listing current equipment for room layouts. The two queries work fine independantly, but I now want to compare differences between these where I need to know: 1 - equipment in both original and current rooms. 2 - equipment in original room now missing from current room. 3 - equipment in current room, not required in original room. Regards, Dave. You did not say anything about the table structure so I will go with what you posted. Use a unio...