Get First date from a set of record 06-16-07

Please help me create a function to

1.  returns a value of 1 if the expression ("date") is the first date
from a specified set of records.
2.  returns a value of 2 if the "date" is the second date from a
specified set of records that meets the following criteria:

0
msun65

On Jun 16, 7:59 pm, msu...@gmail.com wrote:
Please help me create a function to

1.  returns a value of 1 in a query if the expression ("RecDate") is
the first date
from a specified set of records.
2.  returns a value of 2 in a query if the "RecDate" is the second
date from a
specified set of records that meets the following criteria:
a.  the year of the subsequent record does not equal the year of the
first "date"
b.  the subsequent record is equal or less the 3 years of the first
"RecDate"
c.  the subsequent record does not equal  "GLyear" of the first
"RecDate"'s "GLyear"

If item 2 above does not meet the criteria, it returns a value of 0 in
a query.

0
msun65
6/17/2007 12:16:14 AM
Why don't you back up and tell us what you want to accomplish. What you are
trying to do in your post seems to be convoluted.

PC Datasheet
Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word
Applications
resource@pcdatasheet.com

<msun65@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jun 16, 7:59 pm, msu...@gmail.com wrote:
> Please help me create a function to
>
> 1.  returns a value of 1 in a query if the expression ("RecDate") is
> the first date
> from a specified set of records.
> 2.  returns a value of 2 in a query if the "RecDate" is the second
> date from a
> specified set of records that meets the following criteria:
> a.  the year of the subsequent record does not equal the year of the
> first "date"
> b.  the subsequent record is equal or less the 3 years of the first
> "RecDate"
> c.  the subsequent record does not equal  "GLyear" of the first
> "RecDate"'s "GLyear"
>
> If item 2 above does not meet the criteria, it returns a value of 0 in
> a query.

0
Steve

Territories 07-25-07
What do you do if you have a manager that manages multiple territories? The CRM will only let me assign a manager to one territory. We are a small business that sells advertising and we have multiple sales territories in each city. Each Account Manager manages his own territory. I am starting to wonder if this is set-up more for large businesses where a territory is a group of Account Managers rather than a group of Accounts (Companies) in the territory? Anyone know how this works? -- Dan Bryant SmartSearch (Using CMR 3.0 Small Business) Dan, I really dislike how Territories are d...

How to Find all my posts? How to sort by date of post?
I don't always remember to click the "notify me of replies" button, nor do I always remember the subject. And some searches return hundreds of pages of hits. How does one find just their posts? I tried searchign on my userid but that isn't reliable. On most forums there is a "show users posts" option, but I don't see how to do that with MS Forum. Also, how does one sort the search response by date? I often see search results start with posts from 2006, then 2005, up to 2009, back to 2006, then to 2004. The notification rarely works anyway....

Non US Dollar accounts do not show in Settings for Active Sync
I am currently using Microsoft Money 2006 for both my desktop and my pocket pc device. I am attempting to sync some of my accounts to my pocket pc device. However, it seems that the options for Active Sync is only shows acocunts that are using US Dollar as the currency. I would like to sync accounts that are using Singapore dollars. Any way I can do this? No. You can only synchronize accounts which are in your base currency, which appears to be US Dollars in your case. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for ...

need a date look here

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

Add new record using first available non-numeric ID; update two ta
Access 2003, Windows XP Pro SP2 I have two tables, tblDed and tblVendor. tblDed contains two columns (DedID and Avail). The first column contains a list of all DedIDs allowed to be used. The second is a Yes/No choice indicating whether or not that DedID has been used already. tblVendor contains multiple columns with misc. data relevant to the Vendor. I want to create a form that will accomplish three things: 1. Use the next available unused DedID when a command button on a referring menu page (frmMenu, btnNew) is pressed. 2. Mark the now-used DedID in tblDed as "No" - no ...

EPays w/ Processing Date
I've been using MM for a number of years and have had relatively few problems...until now with MM05. I've searched this NG and FAQ web site but haven't found the issue/resolution. I have always had MM to record EPays with the PROCESSING DATE and have it checked in Settings/Online Services. MM05, however, records the transaction in the register with the SUBMITTING DATE. For example, yesterday I sent 2 payments to be paid on the 13th of the month but MM recorded yesterday's date NOT the payment date. That transaction, once submitted can't be changed as the check numbe...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Identify Duplicates (Group Records First)
Hello, I have an invoice table that includes the fields CustomerNumber and DivisionNumber. Customers can deal with multiple divisions. CustomerNumber DivisionNumber ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 ABC Co 10 Smith Inc 10 Smith Inc 10 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 20 Jones Corp 10 XYZ Inc 20 XYZ Inc 20 I am trying to come up with a query that will identify that Jones Corp has records in both division 20 and 10. I would like the results ...

How do I get??

How to export fixed length records to a data file.
I'm creating a query for our school using the school district's standard student data format. All fields are fixed width. For example the WhiteEthnicFg field is exactly one character of either "Y" or "N". In our database we record that field as a Boolean. The Date-of-Birth District's field is an 8 character field in the format mmddyyyy. Most fields are fixed width 'Char' fields, but I don't know how to make the output match the correct width. There are decimal fields 'with one implied decimal point'. Example: 0000100 will result ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Server error in '/' Application 08-16-03
When I want to save some information (web based) like a quick Contact, I receive the following error: Server Error in '/' application. A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client ............ anyone an idea ? Thx Hi Everyone, I was having the same error when trying to edit my Business Unit(New Install). I tried your suggested fix but now I cannot open the CRM app from the browser (server nor client) It opens up the IIS default page. How can I correct this? Help!!! Thanks, Jaime >-----Original Message----- >You need to uninstall the 1.1 .N...

Get photos from a camera