Function is not availalbe in expressions in query expression error message (0/1)

I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in
Access 2007.

I have attached two jpg pics.

Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in
the right direction for a fix?

The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked
fine.

I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro
against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables.

I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the
frontend on a client W/S.  I don't see the error while on my W/S which
is my developer W/S and has Access 2007.  The clients running the
front end have the MS Access Runtime installed.

thanks for any and all help
0
repent34

Check the References on your Client's machine.  Sounds like ther might be
one missing.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

<repent34@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in
Access 2007.

I have attached two jpg pics.

Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in
the right direction for a fix?

The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked
fine.

I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro
against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables.

I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the
frontend on a client W/S.  I don't see the error while on my W/S which
is my developer W/S and has Access 2007.  The clients running the
front end have the MS Access Runtime installed.

thanks for any and all help

0
Gina
5/3/2010 11:36:10 PM
Can I do that if they only have the Access Runtime installed? I didn't
have to check anyrthing when I set them up, I only installed the
Runtime and supplied them with the Access front end on their desktop
and it all ran fine.  Not sure where or why it broke.  Can you advise
me fiurther please?

chris

On Mon, 3 May 2010 19:36:10 -0400, "Gina Whipp"
<NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote:

>Check the References on your Client's machine.  Sounds like ther might be
>one missing.
0
repent34
5/4/2010 2:33:57 PM
Oh dear... missed that last line, no you can't but it surely sounds like a
Reference issue.  Okay, when you open the database on your machine what
References are set?

As a side note, stop using your real eMail address as the Spammers will
harvest!

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

<repent34@XXX.com> wrote in message
Can I do that if they only have the Access Runtime installed? I didn't
have to check anyrthing when I set them up, I only installed the
Runtime and supplied them with the Access front end on their desktop
and it all ran fine.  Not sure where or why it broke.  Can you advise
me fiurther please?

chris

On Mon, 3 May 2010 19:36:10 -0400, "Gina Whipp"
<NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote:

>Check the References on your Client's machine.  Sounds like ther might be
>one missing.

0
Gina
5/4/2010 11:56:51 PM
repent34@hotmail.com wrote:
> I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in
> Access 2007.
>
> I have attached two jpg pics.
>
> Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in
> the right direction for a fix?
>
> The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked
> fine.
>
> I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro
> against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables.
>
> I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the
> frontend on a client W/S.  I don't see the error while on my W/S which
> is my developer W/S and has Access 2007.  The clients running the
> front end have the MS Access Runtime installed.
>
> thanks for any and all help

You will need to use one of the subroutines available on the web to identify
and perhaps fix the missing References on that machine. I know a couple of
MVPs have versions of that sub on their websites. Here's one:
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=92526

There are more to be found via this google search:
http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHMG_en-USUS291US303&aq=2&oq=missing+references&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=access+vba+missing+references

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

0
Bob
5/5/2010 1:40:48 AM
can you tell me where in my DB I need to place that code?

On Tue, 4 May 2010 21:40:48 -0400, "Bob Barrows"
<reb01501@NOyahoo.SPAMcom> wrote:

>repent34@hotmail.com wrote:
>> I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in
>> Access 2007.
>>
>> I have attached two jpg pics.
>>
>> Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in
>> the right direction for a fix?
>>
>> The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked
>> fine.
>>
>> I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro
>> against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables.
>>
>> I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the
>> frontend on a client W/S.  I don't see the error while on my W/S which
>> is my developer W/S and has Access 2007.  The clients running the
>> front end have the MS Access Runtime installed.
>>
>> thanks for any and all help
>
>You will need to use one of the subroutines available on the web to identify
>and perhaps fix the missing References on that machine. I know a couple of
>MVPs have versions of that sub on their websites. Here's one:
>http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=92526
>
>There are more to be found via this google search:
>http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHMG_en-USUS291US303&aq=2&oq=missing+references&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=access+vba+missing+references
0
Repent34
5/5/2010 6:42:16 PM
Gina;

on my laptop, I have MS Access 2007 installed. I have also installed
the "developers extensions" as well as the "Save as PDF or XPF"
add-ins.

The client workstations only have the Access Runtime installed.

The references I have installed on my W/S, by looking in the MS Visual
Basic Editor/Tools/References are:

Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library
OLE Automation
Microsoft Office 12.0 Access database engine Object Library
Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object Library

chris

On Tue, 4 May 2010 19:56:51 -0400, "Gina Whipp"
<NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote:

>Oh dear... missed that last line, no you can't but it surely sounds like a
>Reference issue.  Okay, when you open the database on your machine what
>References are set?
>
>As a side note, stop using your real eMail address as the Spammers will
>harvest!
0
Repent34
5/5/2010 7:27:24 PM
I've done quite alot of testing on this issue.  what I've found out,
is that if I remove a sendmail macro action from a button on a form,
as well as removing the VBS code under the editor, save everything,
create another accde file and publish to my client, I now don't
receive this error, and everything seems to be back to normal, except
of course when the user clicks on the button, to drive the macro that
does a send mail funtion, nothing happens.  I just need to fix that
part.  I'll try to do this and post back my results.

the T/S I did consisted of removing various parts of my forms, code,
controls, etc until I removed the above referenced control for
sendmail that resolved the issue.

Do this sound familiar to anyone?

chris

On Mon, 3 May 2010 19:36:10 -0400, "Gina Whipp"
<NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote:

>Check the References on your Client's machine.  Sounds like ther might be
>one missing.
0
Repent34
5/5/2010 8:11:59 PM
Looks like my issue is finally resolved.  I ended up having to remove
the macro for the sendobject, in this case, email.  I then recreated
it from scratch and everything is back working.

If there is an easier way to discover the problem, I sure wish someone
would share it with me.  I may run into this issue again.

BTW, I had tried creating a new blank DB, then importing over all
forms, controls, queries, etc.  Still had the same error.  Only after
deleting the macro and underlying code and recreating it did I get a
solution.

chris

On Wed, 05 May 2010 13:11:59 -0700, Repent34 wrote:

>I've done quite alot of testing on this issue.  what I've found out,
>is that if I remove a sendmail macro action from a button on a form,
>as well as removing the VBS code under the editor, save everything,
>create another accde file and publish to my client, I now don't
>receive this error, and everything seems to be back to normal, except
>of course when the user clicks on the button, to drive the macro that
>does a send mail funtion, nothing happens.  I just need to fix that
>part.  I'll try to do this and post back my results.
>
>the T/S I did consisted of removing various parts of my forms, code,
>controls, etc until I removed the above referenced control for
>sendmail that resolved the issue.
>
>Do this sound familiar to anyone?
>
>chris
>

>On Mon, 3 May 2010 19:36:10 -0400, "Gina Whipp"
><NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote:
>
>>Check the References on your Client's machine.  Sounds like ther might be
>>one missing.
0
Repent34
5/5/2010 9:23:18 PM
Not sure what happened with SendObject...  and that is not a Reference
issue.  Unfortunately, tracking down errors is sometimes tedious (and
annoying).  Did you change anything in the macro that would indicate what
part thru up the error?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Repent34" wrote in message
Looks like my issue is finally resolved.  I ended up having to remove
the macro for the sendobject, in this case, email.  I then recreated
it from scratch and everything is back working.

If there is an easier way to discover the problem, I sure wish someone
would share it with me.  I may run into this issue again.

BTW, I had tried creating a new blank DB, then importing over all
forms, controls, queries, etc.  Still had the same error.  Only after
deleting the macro and underlying code and recreating it did I get a
solution.

chris

On Wed, 05 May 2010 13:11:59 -0700, Repent34 wrote:

>I've done quite alot of testing on this issue.  what I've found out,
>is that if I remove a sendmail macro action from a button on a form,
>as well as removing the VBS code under the editor, save everything,
>create another accde file and publish to my client, I now don't
>receive this error, and everything seems to be back to normal, except
>of course when the user clicks on the button, to drive the macro that
>does a send mail funtion, nothing happens.  I just need to fix that
>part.  I'll try to do this and post back my results.
>
>the T/S I did consisted of removing various parts of my forms, code,
>controls, etc until I removed the above referenced control for
>sendmail that resolved the issue.
>
>Do this sound familiar to anyone?
>
>chris
>

>On Mon, 3 May 2010 19:36:10 -0400, "Gina Whipp"
><NotInterested@InViruses.com> wrote:
>
>>Check the References on your Client's machine.  Sounds like ther might be
>>one missing.

0
Gina

formula query
how do i display only formula in an excel spreadsheet? Hi do you want to display the formula text? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "johan" <johan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A6E861AB-5BFF-4911-83A2-7B7D8849637C@microsoft.com... > how do i display only formula in an excel spreadsheet? Ctrl + ` (grave accent) will toggle between formula and non formula view you can also go to tools>options>view andf check formulas Regards, Peo Sjoblom "johan" wrote: > how do i display only formula in an excel spreadsheet? ...

Sales Transactions Entry Error
Hi, When logon to Great Plains, click on Transactions, click on Sales, click on Sales Transactions Entry, click on Lookup next to Document No, double click on one of the Sales Document Numbers. We got an error beow. Unhandled script exception: Value of range. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_SELECTED We are using GP 9.0 with SP1 and Nolan 9.00.3e. Thanks. Gary ...

search button - msgbox on error
I have a search button that prompts for info, then opens a form based on criteria entered. If there are no records to be found based on that criteria, I want the form to NOT open, and a msgbox to display instead. I would prefer that I do this as a macro vs. vba since I'm not familiar with vba just yet...if possible. Also, I am not getting email notifications of replies, even after I choose 'Notify me of replies'... can I have replies sent directly to my email or do I have to go through here? If you can email me directly... ttumastermind@hotmail.com Thank yo...

v2.0
I finally received 2.0 to test and was trying to figure out some of the "enhancements" -any ideas on how to create a matrix dimension set that will put the sizes in the right order when adding them to PO (s, m, l) instead of l,m,s? -in the pre-release webinars they mentioned that you will have the ability to select a grid matrix PO when printing - I don't see that option any idea how to do that? cheers. Hello I have been waiting for a copy for few weeks now , is there any way you can upload a copy of the program to my site ? Thanks Robert wojak@usa.com "kirk" ...

ROUND Function with other function
Hi, I have this formula: =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8) and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want t show is +12. I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in th formula but it doesn't work. The closest I got was with this formula: =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0) where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before.... Can anyone help me ? Thank -- Outapi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Returning a range from an inner function
I have a range of data, which has had the DOLLAR() function performed on it. I would like to get the total of this range using the SUM() function. doing SUM(F1:F4) will not work, so I need to convert the data into values that will work. The VALUE() function is perfect for converting the data into values that will work for SUM(), but the formula SUM(VALUE(F1:F4)) does not work because VALUE() will not accept a range as a parameter (and also does not return a range). I need to perform the VALUE() function on each cell before submitting it to SUM(). There must be some way to do this, cons...

Query not working for SQL Server
I am trying to convert an Access backend database to SQL Server with an ODBC connection and linked tables from the Access frontend to the SQL Server backend. The SQL statements remain Jet SQL. I have a SELECT statement with a Datediff function that works in Access but not in SQL Server. The following works in the existing Access: SELECT DateDiff("n",startdateandtime+Nz(lunchtime,0),enddateandtime)/60) It does not work with SQL Server. The problem is with lunchtime. I tried removing lunchtime from the SQL Server version and that much works: SELECT DateDiff(...

My Reports don't display data & Built in Reports gives error
I had all my reports working successfully without any problem but recently i found all my reports on all entities returns no data (empty report) it seems like the crm database is empty but the DB is working fine without any lose of data and also the reports .rdl files have no changes and it was returning data in past !!! I tried to check on the built in reports like "Account Overview" i found that all built in reports gives this error The property ‘nullable’ of report parameter ‘CRM_Locale’ is set to false. However, the corresponding parameter (default) value is null or contai...

outlook express #117
I had to reload outlook express, so I moved all of my folders to "my Documents". I can't figure out how to put the folders back into outlook express. please help Ron <rphillips_@hotmail.com> wrote: > I had to reload outlook express, so I moved all of my > folders to "my Documents". I can't figure out how to put > the folders back into outlook express. If you ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup you may get an answer. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name,...

ANN: Database Workbench 4.0.2 released
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0.2 Pro " Version 4 introduced full Unicode support, 4.0.2 fixes some issues found in that initial release, like ODBC connectivity issues, BLOBs taking too much memory, the ability to specify file encoding when saving SQL & Scripts and several other errors. For a full list of fixes in version 4.0.2 and previous versions, see: http://www.upscene.com/go/?go=tracker&v=4.0.2&id=1 http://www.upscene.com/go/?go=tracker...

Excahange/NTServer4.0
Upon a reboot of the NT 4.0 Server, we encountered errors in the Event Viewer. The errors are for the Service Control Manager in Exchange. The services will not start and our client machines cannot access outlook. The first error is "The DS1410D service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified." What would have happened in this reboot to cause this? Thank you! Well, the first thing you need to do is figure out what the DS1410D service is. Its not an MS related service. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/re...

.NET Runtime 2.0 Error
Hi there, Never had a problem with this before, so I'm guessing it must be one of the latest Windows Updates that has done it... We are using Business Contacts Manager on our SBS2003 server..., and have a single central shared database... When I run up Outlook and select Business Tools, Share Database, then add the new users, by ticking the boxes, it fails... This is the error reported in the Event Viewer... Event Type: Information Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting Event Category: None Event ID: 5001 Date: 02/10/2006 Time: 17:37:28 User: N/A Computer: WARNESLOGIN1 Desc...

Array
Hi all. I'm trying to use for my first time, a single dimension array to use within an external sql query. I build the array from column A. This can be a variable amount, from 2 to 800. However, I can only use 150 rows at a time in the query. Below is what I have so far, in building the array. It's just the pulling out of 150 records at a time, or the remainder to put into the sql query. I will be building the sql query string as such: bug_number = (bug1,bug2,bug3) --these are the numbers in the array. (must have comma's between them) strQuery_main = "select dis...

JustifyString function problem
Hi, I'm using the "JustifyString" function (from Stephan Lebans) to right justify three columns in a ListBox. Two of them are working fine ... one's a simple number (long integer) and the other's currency. The third causes an Access 2003 crash! That third column is a long integer which is a link to the autonumber field in another table. Both tables are in the query as I need columns from both tables in the ListBox. If I change the JustifyString to reference the autonumber field in the other table, I still get an Access crash. I didn't review the Access er...

Translating Query formatting
I have a query that is set up to display records ordered by plan date then by start date. When I use the query in a report, it doesn't appear to sort the records. Is there a way to make the report format the results the same as the query? Thanks, Dragon Reports should always be sorted using the Sorting and Grouping dialog in Report Design. The order in the query often has no effect on the order in the report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Dragon" wrote: > I have a query that is set up to display records ordered by plan date then by >...

automating functions
I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and automatically assign a new case to the least busy CSR. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Jim Please tell me what I would have to do and with what tools in order to create such a workflow process. "jmb" wrote: > I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for > example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and > automatically assign a new case to the lea...

Maximizing window in outlook express
I used to be able to maximize the window in Outlook Express until we switched to XP. Does anyone know how to maximize the window when beginning a new e-mail or opening one that has been sent to me? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I used to be able to maximize the window in Outlook > Express until we switched to XP. Does anyone know how to > maximize the window when beginning a new e-mail or > opening one that has been sent to me? Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Money 2004 trial
I have been a Quicken user and wanted to try MS-Money 2004. Having downloaded the trial version and after converting my Quicken file, when i try to setup on-line services of any financial institution it gives me error "microsoft money has encountered a problem and needs to close ... " . I tried it after creating a new file with one account and no transactions, with the same result. My system has 512 MB of RAM and still has 2.5 gigs free on hd. Is it that the trial version will not allow me to do this or anything else is going on ? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Than...

Returning a CHAR[] from a function
I have the following function that returns the path of where the program was run from. However I cant seem to return the butter as a CHAR. The code works if I use it in a procedure but not where I need to return the variable CHAR buffer. char CAutoRunDlg::GetProgramPath(void) { char buffer[_MAX_PATH]; //declares maimum path //opens window maximized //_getcwd(,)gets the current working directory // #include <direct.h> //needed for current working directory /* Get the current working directory: */ if( _getcwd( buffer, _MAX_PATH ) == NULL ) perror( "_getcwd error" )...

Viewing Query Total in Form
I have a form where I input purchases for customers. I also have a query that I use to make a report as a reciept to show the totals for items input. I have tried to make a text box to show the information from the total field in the query. However when I open the form it says "name?" is thre anyway to show the total from the query? Thank you for your help Chase W. ...

query help 04-14-10
using sql server 2005 sp3 32 bit i have a table that looks like this (pseudo coded) create table test (id int, parentid int, path varchar(200)) insert into test select 1, null, '/1/' insert into test select 2, 1, '/1/2/' insert into test select 3, 2, '/1/2/3/' insert into test select 4, null, '/4/' insert into test select 5, 4, '/4/5/' insert into test select 6, 5, '/4/5/6/' I need to produce a table that is flattened like this parentid, id null 1 1 2 1 3 2 3 null 4 4 5 4 ...

Error: CDO.Person.1: Class not registered
I am attempting to run the code below using cscript on a Windows 2K3 SP1 server running Exchange 2K3 SP1 : email = WScript.Arguments(0) Set Person = CreateObject("CDO.Person") strURL = "mailto:" & email Person.DataSource.Open strURL Set Mailbox = Person.GetInterface("IMailbox") WScript.Echo "URL to inbox for " & email & " is: " & Mailbox.Inbox I am getting an error: CDO.Person.1: Class not registered (using wscript is the same error with error code 80040154) I have registered and unregistered the following cdo*.dll's mul...

how do i make a footer in Publisher
I am new to Publisher, but in the other Microsoft software I can show in the footer both the current page number and the total number of pages in the document. Can I do this in Publisher and how do I do it. Thanks Sharyn After you Insert, page numbers. View, Master page, type page # of XXX, (page 1 of 199) -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Sharyn Bir" <Sharyn Bir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF0833E5-35A6-4304-A551-6ABCE7346DF3@microsoft.com... >I am new to Publisher, but in the other Microsoft software I can show in the > footer both t...

Turning Off Error Reporting using API Functions and VB
We want to automatically turn off the error reporting options using Windows API functions for the following functions area Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, the Advanced tab and Error Reporting (at the bottom of the screen), which launches the Error Reporting screen. Another way to get to that screen: Open My Computer, right-click on Properties, click on Advanced tab and Error Reporting. Any assistance would be welcome. It's not a program's call. It's the user's decision. --=20 -------------------------------------------------------------------------= --...

Filter and Query Mismatch
When I do a filter in a table, I get 371 records but when I run a query based on the same set of criteria I get 63 records. Does any one knows what is going on here? This is a real problem and I can't figure out how to fix it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:33:03 -0800, Ayo <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I do a filter in a table, I get 371 records but when I run a query >based on the same set of criteria I get 63 records. Does any one knows what >is going on here? This is a real problem and I can't figure ...