Filter to select from various fields on opening a form

I have a form called TDC and want to filter data in the following fields on
opening the form: DiaryAction (text field); DiaryCategory (text field);
DiarySubCategory (text field); Company (text field); ContactType (text
field); DiaryItemClosed (a Yes/No field).  At the same time, I want the
option not to select anything in each of these fields.

Please could somebody give me the steps to do this.

I am doing this in Access 2007, but am creating it as an Access 2003 database.

Thank you for any help.

I meant to say that I want this from dropdown boxes, but forgot to say
because I have to type quickly as I keep losing my Internet connections.

"Owl" wrote:

> I have a form called TDC and want to filter data in the following fields on
> opening the form: DiaryAction (text field); DiaryCategory (text field);
> DiarySubCategory (text field); Company (text field); ContactType (text
> field); DiaryItemClosed (a Yes/No field).  At the same time, I want the
> option not to select anything in each of these fields.
>
> Please could somebody give me the steps to do this.
>
> I am doing this in Access 2007, but am creating it as an Access 2003 database.
>
> Thank you for any help.

Check out Allen Browne's article at
    http://allenbrowne.com/AppFindAsUType.html

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Owl wrote:
> I meant to say that I want this from dropdown boxes, but forgot to say
> because I have to type quickly as I keep losing my Internet connections.
>
> "Owl" wrote:
>
>> I have a form called TDC and want to filter data in the following fields on
>> opening the form: DiaryAction (text field); DiaryCategory (text field);
>> DiarySubCategory (text field); Company (text field); ContactType (text
>> field); DiaryItemClosed (a Yes/No field).  At the same time, I want the
>> option not to select anything in each of these fields.
>>
>> Please could somebody give me the steps to do this.
>>
>> I am doing this in Access 2007, but am creating it as an Access 2003 database.
>>
>> Thank you for any help.

0
John
3/12/2010 2:06:05 PM
I should have included a reference to another article on doing this.  It is
actually a more comprehensive example.

    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html

Owl wrote:
> I meant to say that I want this from dropdown boxes, but forgot to say
> because I have to type quickly as I keep losing my Internet connections.
>
> "Owl" wrote:
>
>> I have a form called TDC and want to filter data in the following fields on
>> opening the form: DiaryAction (text field); DiaryCategory (text field);
>> DiarySubCategory (text field); Company (text field); ContactType (text
>> field); DiaryItemClosed (a Yes/No field).  At the same time, I want the
>> option not to select anything in each of these fields.
>>
>> Please could somebody give me the steps to do this.
>>
>> I am doing this in Access 2007, but am creating it as an Access 2003 database.
>>
>> Thank you for any help.

0
John

i cant scrolling from a form
im using office 2007 and while i open a single form it doesnt show any data althougth there are records in it and i cant scrolling. On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:59:01 -0800, bill <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im using office 2007 and while i open a single form it doesnt show any data >althougth there are records in it and i cant scrolling. Is the form's Data Entry property set to Yes? If so, existing records will not be visible and all you can do is enter new ones. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] data entry is "no" but i faound that ...

Random selection #2
How can I set a random selection based on a set number of records in Excel, without repeating the selected record? I have a column with a list of individual names and another column with list of countries. I want to randomly select a country in the 2nd column and assign it to the person's name in the 1st column. However, once the first selection is made I cannot use that country name again for the second selection, and so on. An example that describes what I want to do is when we select names from a hat for gift exchange during holidays. It is a set of specific names, and they will no...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Having 2 workbooks open simultaneously
I have a wide screen laptop that can accommodate 2 Excel workbooks side by side. I used that feature for a while until sometime about two weeks ago something happened (I don't know what) and now I a only able to keep one workbook open at a time. When I try to open a second one, the first one minimizes. Can anyone tell me how to get it back so that I can once again view 2 workbooks side by side? Many thanks for your help -- Royal Did yesterday's response work: "How about just window|Arrange|Tiled (or whatever you want)" Royal wrote: > > I have a wide screen l...

Selecting across worksheets
How do I select across worksheets within a file? I want to select across worksheets and view the accumulating total at the bottom of the worksheet. =SUM(Sheet1!:Sheet3!A3) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "JMS" <JMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15A369D1-561E-4616-B0EB-0FA36A703566@microsoft.com... > How do I select across worksheets within a file? > > I want to select across worksheets and view the accumulating total at the > bottom of the worksheet. ...

Outlook only opens in safemode
Hello, Recenlty I installed Outlook 2007 trial, not knowing that it would replace my current version Outllook 2002. The new version was locking up on me so I uninstalled it an reinstalled v2002. 2002 doesn't open but gives me the familiar Microsoft Outlook has encountered an error and needs to close message. So I need to Send the error to Microsoft and given an option to open in Safemode. Safemode works, ok, but I can't save my options. I uninstalled Office 2007, tried repairing and reinstalling Office 2002, then I uninstalled and uninstalled Outlook2002. Does anyone have ...

How does one add field to Personal Address Book
I seem to be having a problem the address book. When you create a new message and press on the "To:" button to quickly add an address. a Window called "Select Names" pops up with a list of all contacts with varius columns namly "Name", "Display Name" and "Email Address". I can't seem to find anywhere I can customize this display of columns. I would not only like to add "Company" as a colum but would also like outlook to order it by Company as first option. anyone know where this can be done? I will really appreciate any input to...

Selection lost with VBA
[Sorry for the other message w/o the subject.] I have an Excel 2000 sheet with a CommandButton. I wrote a line of VBA which move the CommandButton in the row of the selected cell (when I change the row, the button is always visible). When I select a cell for copy and then I change the row, Excel lost the selection and I can't past the cell. Any suggestion? Thanks Cristiano What is your code? HTH Bob "Cristiano" <cristiano.pi@NSquipo.it> wrote in message news:4b524742@news.x-privat.org... > [Sorry for the other message w/o the subject.] ...

Unable to open Mac Excel 98 in Mac Excel 2004
I created an Mac Excel 98 worksbook in Mac OS 9 with macros and userforms. When I tried to open it in Mac Excel 2004 in Mac OS X 10.3.7, I get the message the the file cannot be found "Fichier introuvable". Thanks for your help. How are you trying to open the file? Double click? File/Open? In article <5DA55071-2750-4A9F-8923-16DC520B652F@microsoft.com>, "Jean-Yves Fortin" <Jean-Yves Fortin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created an Mac Excel 98 worksbook in Mac OS 9 with macros and userforms. > When I tried to open it in Mac Excel 2004 in...

Employee Filters

where to enable BCC fields
I have Outlook 2002 installed on 2 different computers. Both are using word as the email editor. Computer A has To, CC and BCC fields but computer B only has To and CC. I can't find a menu option or preference window that will let me unhide the bcc field. Thanks, Rob Actually I was mistaken, computer B doesn't have word as the email editor but when I tried enabling it, it says "ms word is busy or cannot be found" I recently reformatted this computer so it's a clean install of office. Using Word, you need to go to the Options button on the toolbar to = enable ...

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Access 2007 Run-time Error 2467 when accessing a listbox value on a sub form
I have a database that has been in production on Access 2003 for quite some time and has run without errors. A user's machine was recently upgraded to Access 2007 and now the database throughs a Run-time Error 2467 "The Expression you entered referes to an object that is closed or does not exist" on the following line that references a listbox value on a sub form. If Nz(Me.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = "" Then .. .. .. I changed the code to If Nz(Forms! frm_Main.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = ""...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

mutli-select list box problem
The following code is my failed attempt to get the items picked in a multi-select List box to then appear in another form named "NameDetailForm". The NameDetailForm does open but does not show the items picked from the list box. I believe the end part of my code is flawed, but cannot figure out what it should correctly be. If there is better code for this purpose, I would appreciate seeing it. Private Sub Itemschosen_Click() Dim strWhere As String, varItem As Variant If Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelected.Count = 0 Then Exit Sub For Each varItem In Me!NameListBox.ItemsSelec...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

how to avoid office opening, when I start computer
When I start my computer, Outlook starts automatically. How can I avoid it? Thanks. Take the shortcut out of your startup folder. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "GUNDI" <GUNDI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:895F171E-7D32-4A70-85E2-38F99C1233D2@microsoft.com... | When I start my computer, Outlook starts automatically. How can I avoid it? | Thanks. ...

Newbie Help with form
Hi, I am looking to have a form, where when I select one field in a combo box, it automatically updates all the other fields to match that list so for example.. I have a table with 3 fields telephone first name last name So I want a drop down box on the form, and when I choose the telephone number i want, it automatically shows the first and last name with it... Additionally I would want to be able to choose a last name, and it show the telephone and first name associated Access 2003 Thanks in advance On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 13:50:33 -0800 (PST), potentus <neopotent@gmail.com> wr...

Unable to open Window Firewall in Control Panel
Hi All, I have WinXP Pro SP3 and when I go to Control Panel and double click on the 'Windows Firewall' icon I get an error message. There is no error number, only the text, The service Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Service (ICS) is not started. Do your wish to start it? I then click on the 'Yes' button and after a second to two I get another error message. This message states that the service could not be started. The error text that I post here is not word for word but you should get the idea of my problem. I am unable to check the status or add exclu...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...