Exporting Data From Query Into Excel

How can I have this process automatically done to have the data from a query
after it's been ran to be exported into Excel in a specified location?

--

Sincerely,

Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Master MOUS 2000

0
Ronald

I have done some research on this method.  While this method looks
promising, there's one limitation.  It states one MUST leave the "Range"
argument as blank, when exporting data.  The other thing I'm looking for,
putting data from a query into a worksheet, which the name of the worksheet
would be different from the name of the query.  Based on the various things
I have seen with the research I have done, it looks like both names are
required to be the same to use this method, which then breaks up my naming
conventions.

--

Sincerely,

Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
Master MOUS 2000

"mscertified" <rupert@tigerlily.com> wrote in message
> Look up 'transferspreadsheet' command in Access help.
>
> -Dorian
>
> "Ronald Dodge" wrote:
>
>> How can I have this process automatically done to have the data from a
>> query
>> after it's been ran to be exported into Excel in a specified location?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Ronald R. Dodge, Jr.
>> Master MOUS 2000

0
Ronald

Export to XML exports single row only

UPDATE OF DATA
I have a problem, one of the stores is sale data that occurred a problem in servant HQ and it did not synchronize the information well, it is to say in the store this the complete data and in HQ this a partial data, since I can make to update in HQ what the store has in UNDER? this happened day 09 of February. Thanks. ...

Copying Data between Workbooks...
Firstly Hi there folks...complete newbie to Excel here and in desperat need of help in many matters...!!! My biggest headache so far is trying to handle my data betwee Workbooks... The scenario: End of everyday I have a worksheet mailed over containing all th details of deals that have been processed etc... Alot of the data is the same day-2-day : Rep Name, Builder Name etc... Now I have a number of reps that I keep track of deals for in my are alone, what I have been doing is opening the worksheet i receive ever night and copying only the relevant entries (By rep name) and the pasting in...

Excel 2003 Inserting current date
I wish to create a spreadsheet that whenever data is entered in a row/column, the actual date is entered automatically in a date column. I do not want the date to be overridden. Mark Right-click your sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste this event code in that sheet module. Enter anything in any cell in column A and B will get a static date. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) 'Col B time will not change if data in Col A is edited On Error GoTo enditall Application.EnableEvents = False If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then n = Target.Row ...

Inporting data to cell that exceeds the size of the cell.
When I import data to the excel-document that exceed the size of the cell, the cell will expand vertical. I want the text to be horizontal. How can I do that? I use text-boxes for import. When I use the fuction display "full screen" in some of my excel documents, I dont see the full screen. It is problably someting in the setup, but what Can somebody help please? SOSK, Prior to the import, set the column width of the cell that will be receiving the data to be as wide as you want it to be after the import. That will allow Excel to spread the data out rather than expanding the row ...

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export / Import Security

Excel to Access
Does anyone know how to take an Excel spreadsheet and merge it into an existing Access database? Thank you. ...

lost Excel data!
I've just deleted some important data from an Excel sheet having moved it to another workbook. Unfortunately I closed the new workbook without saving and I can't find the data! I've not got a backup of the old workbook and the data is not on the clipboard. Is there any way of recovering it? thanks MrBen AFAIK, NO. We all gotta learn sometime (to make backups) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MrBen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2305c01c45e8d$7842a610$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've just deleted some importa...

Data Consolidation across workbooks
I am using data consolidation across workbooks using row labels and linked to source data. If I change numbers in my original workbooks, the consolidated workbook reflects those changes; however, if I change a row label, the consolidated workbook does not update. Please does anyone know if there is a way round this? ...

how to extract data from csv file? (part 3)
hi dave thanks so much for your advice and help... i really appreciate it... i have tried your method to change the separator as u said but in fact, mine was already set to the us standard... i run the command again but again the data is all in one column... i know i can record a macro to do the stuff that i need but because i'm working as an analyst and i have to extract data from any csv files as and when needed and they might not have the same structure and it would be faster and more efficient for me if i can run what i need from just one command... what i tried in my command is to t...

Deserialize and Serialize InfoPath data?
This is a repost from the InfoPath news group. Hi, I am writing a SharePoint application that works with InfoPath forms. When a user submits a completed InfoPath form to a forms library my code processes the posted xml file by reading the data into a C# class object that was generated by XSD.EXE. The class was generated from the myschema.xsd file that is contained in the InfoPath solution with a command line like: xsd.exe myschema.xsd /c With the generated class I can read (Deserialize) InfoPath's xml file into a strongly typed C# object. Manipulate the data using the C# object, and ...

Access vs Excel
I wanted to get the opinion of both the excel and access group on this subject. We currently have an ERP but is lacking in some aspects. In order to get around the shortcomings, I have an user that is very proficient with excel. He has made spreadsheets that access the information out of our ERP and mimics some of it's functions. He is using excel to store information and has created interfaces for users to enter in data. My question is, should we continue using excel to do this. We have hundreds of excel files that get created with information everywhere. OR should we start using acc...

How to do a dynamic plot in Excel via VBA?
Hi I want to write a code in VBA in which a dynamic set of rows ( the number of columns is fixed to 4) in excel are to be read and a plot type: " xlXYScatterSmooth" Could someone help me figure out how to write this one? thanks How is the number of rows specified? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Wal" <Walid.Ramady@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162233125.140537.54010@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi I want to write a code in VBA in which a dynamic set of rows ( the > number...

Pivot data
My Pivot is pulling in new items (row data) from my datasource when it re-freshes. How can I keep row area static and pull in the new data only? Using the row field dropdown, select ONLY the rows of data you would like to see. When refreshing only those rows will continue to show. -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "SCM" wrote: > My Pivot is pulling in new items (row data) from my datasource when it > re-freshes. How can I keep row area static and pull in the new data only? ...

Fonts get size 1 and can't be changed after a procedure
Hi, I have been using code to loop for each chtobj in a worksheet to set font size right etc. Sometimes an error occur and the size become 1 pt. I can live with that once or so, but I can't change the FONT BACK neither with code nor from excel chart GUI. No code are running in background during this of cource, I try even to change the font from Excel GUI with macro switched off. It can only be solved with building a new chartobject... Have any of you got this error, any knowing why it occure and what I can do about it? I thougt it was because some of the charts had no values or s...

Export item ID?

Excel XML
Hi all, Newbie here. I have an application that outputs Excel XML, auto-emailing to a distribution list. This ended up working wonderfully, users can just click on the attachment in the email and the file opens up in a great Excel spreadsheet for them. Prior, we would only export delimited text files, which had to be imported to Excel. Not hard, just extra steps. However, I have TWO users that are on Macs. Their version of Excel on the Mac cannot handle XML or read it. I've been Googling for days now and have only found years old postings about how Mac's Excel left this f...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

How to create "frames" in Excel 2003?
Hi all, Is there a way to create frames in Excel like one can do for webpages? For example if I split my sheet vertically, I want a frame on the left side which has "links" that if I click them change the sheet I'm viewing on the right side. Thank you! Anyone? ...

Office 2007
I have been working with Office 2007 beta. In prior versions I was able to use the mouse to highlight the cells that were to be added to a chart. I cannot highlight the cells that I need, but have to manually type in the beginning and ending cell range. ...

Problem with Excel 2007
Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for reference and when I returned to the first project all sheets disappeared. The only accessible buttons on the toolbar are the Macro buttons. All macros are still there and sheet names in the VBA are still there. Did I loose my work? Thanks to all albertmb;657269 Wrote: > Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a > project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for referen...

Exporting to Powerpoint

What is an Excel "class not registered" error.
Every time I open Microsoft Excel I get a "Class Not Registered" error. It states "Looking for object with CLSID:{*********************} What is this? It would seem that Excel has fouled up its own internal registration. Close Excel, go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver Excel will start, do its internal housekeeping task, then exit. Now try to start Excel normally. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "weberts2" <weberts2@discussions.microsoft.com> w...