Export number without decimals

hI,

When I export my data from a query in csv format, one of the fields which
has 13 digit numbers diplays decimal places when infact the data in the
database does not have any decimals.

How can I force this field in my query to format with zero decimals so it
exports correctly.

Eg.
currently doing 1310010010011.00
want to show 1310010010011

Bruce

Bruce

It might be a bit of a kludge, but you could convert the number to text
(CStr()) in a query before exporting the query.

--
Regards

Jeff Boyce
www.InformationFutures.net

Microsoft Office/Access MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor
http://microsoftitacademy.com/

"Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hI,
>
> When I export my data from a query in csv format, one of the fields which
> has 13 digit numbers diplays decimal places when infact the data in the
> database does not have any decimals.
>
> How can I force this field in my query to format with zero decimals so it
> exports correctly.
>
> Eg.
> currently doing 1310010010011.00
> want to show 1310010010011
>
> Bruce

0
Jeff

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

Export / Import Security

Line Numbering?
Are line numbers in VB.NET coding totally passe'? I've used them for years in VBA coding. My error trapping writes the error and line number to a .txt file and it's been very helpful in speeding up the process of finding/fixing errors. Or is there some functional equivalent in the .NET scheme of things? -- PeteCresswell "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid> wrote in message news:65r4i5degihhkm1apulj5tgt8gao82gmln@4ax.com... > Are line numbers in VB.NET coding totally passe'? > > I've used them for years in VBA coding. My error tra...

Export item ID?

Lock the number of pages in a word Doc
Hi, I really need some help, quick :-) I have built a Word doc in Office 2003, I have managed to to built different headers on different pages. BUT! I need to look the document to 4 pages, how? I don't won't page number 5, just 4 pages thats it.... Thank you!!!! So what do you want Word to do if you (or someone else) put more than 4 pages worth of text and graphics in the document? The usual way to do this is to use tables with fixed row heights to create a layout that won't change. If more text is typed or pasted into a cell than will fit within the fi...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Exporting to Powerpoint

POP Receipt Edit List with Lot Numbers & Attributes
Hi Folks Has anyone successfully managed to edit the POP Receivings edit list to include the Lot Number and the Lot Attributes? If so, could you advise me how you created the table links please? I am on version 10 Many thanks Sheila Sheila, Due to the Temp Tables looks very difficult. I would consider using another method like SQL Reports to get the Lot Information. Mick "Sheila" wrote: > Hi Folks > Has anyone successfully managed to edit the POP Receivings edit list to > include the Lot Number and the Lot Attributes? If so, could you advise me > how you...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

Export email addresses including aliases
Hi I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on our off-site anti-spam provider. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EMAIL ALIASES IN EXCHANGE 2000 Thank you, Shawn. "Shawn" <slafferty@allcovered.com> wrote: >I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on o...

Can I export my Publisher document into MS Word?
Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document into MS Word? Hi Matt (matthew_removethis_@mccallister.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document || into MS Word? No you cannot. You can open one instance of Publisher and one instance of Word and copy/paste between the two programs, or do a CTRL+Drag and Drop between the two programs. Some formatting will be lost however. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

external and internal port numbers
cx Im seting up file sharing between my desktop (host cmputer) and my laptop ...I'm asked to insert external and internal port numbers. Are those the same as the ones I have entered in my email setup?? > cx Im seting up file sharing between my desktop (host cmputer) and my > laptop ..I'm asked to insert external and internal port numbers. Are > those the same as the ones I have entered in my email setup?? No. Different application. If it's the file sharing built into the operating system, you'll want to ask in a newsgroup about that OS. -- f.h. Microsoft O...

Export
Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. Thanks, Joel I put this question in the wrong place. Sorry "JoelS" wrote: > Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to > a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. > > Thanks, > > Joel ...

Outlook export csv contacts screws up email addresses (why?)
There must be a way to prevent Outlook from screwing up email addresses upon import and subsequent export of a csv file into and out of the contacts? But how? Here's what happens consistently with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. I import this two-line csv test file into my Outlook contacts. Note this test file contains an email address which is not in my company Exchange server (apparently). LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME,PHONE,EMAIL Bar,Foo,123-456-7890,foo@bar.com When I export these contacts, the result is a different format: "LASTNAME","FIRSTNAME","PHONE","EM...

Repost:Money 2003 stops numbering loan payments
Money 2003. All of a sudden, money has stopped posting a "payment number" under the "pmt num" column on both my Mortgage and Car Loans. Both are paid via transfer from my checking account through electronic bill paying. On some of them Money will let me add the number later manually but on others it says "You cannot change this transaction into an electronic payment or transfer because the date is not within an acceptable range and cannot be changed." All transfers and payments went through properly with no problems and were recorded properly except for the miss...

Morphed SKU Numbers on export to Excel
I am exporting an RMS Items report to Excel to send to my new on-line shopping cart provider. One of the pieces of data needs to be the RMS SKU #. I use a combination of 4 or 5 digit internally generated SKUs, plus the typical bar code wanded numbers where items are manufacturer barcoded. When the file opens in Excel, most of the manufacturer barcode SKUs are morphed. Some look fine, but many are morphed with decimals and letters included. The morphed ones do not appear that way in the RMS database. Any ideas?? These look fine: 84692000135 Taylor's Vintage '03 Ruby Port 8...

page numbering 04-12-07
Hi I have a query issued from 2 tables First table contain 300 records (each record have a different ID) Second table contain 1400 records so a lot of records have the same ID That produce a report of around 380 pages as the same ID can produce one page or 2 or 3 or 5 .... When I insert page numbering at the bottom of the report it give me page 1 of 380, page 2 of 380, page 3 of 380 and so on ..... What I would like to have is that If an ID produce 1 page, numbering should be page 1 of 1 If an ID produce 4 pages, i would like page 1 of 4, page 2 of 4, page 3 of 4 and page 4 of 4 If and ID pr...

Mass VCard Export/Save As
How can I save multiple selected contacts as VCards? I see I can do this individually, but not en masse. My goal is to transfer my contacts to my IPod, but I can't find any freeware solutions for this. Chris google suggests : http://outport.sourceforge.net/ "Chris" <AccessCaz@pobox.com> wrote in message news:%23rA4$igzDHA.1100@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I save multiple selected contacts as VCards? I see I can do this > individually, but not en masse. My goal is to transfer my contacts to my > IPod, but I can't find any freeware solutions for this...

Export Web List
I am using Visio 2002 to capture the structure and content exsisting web sites. After that is done is there a way to export the contents of the List window into Excel or Access? Thank you for your help! Hi Pamela, When you are running the Web Diagram solution template in Visio 2002, select the "Reports" item from "Web" menu. If you have Excel installed on the machine, it will be one of the report output options. I hope this helps. -- Dick Hamilton Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Pa...

numbers are converted into dates
i type numbers into a cell and they are automatically converted into dates when i hit enter, or i hit enter and it gives me a larger number that i didn't type in. i canceled auto format and tried format, cell, numbers but no luck. thanks! Hi if this is only happening in one workbook try this: with your workbook open, open up a new workbook, in the new workbook, select any cell and copy it now switch to your workbook - select the misbehaving cells and choose edit / paste special - ADD click the OK button and now try and let us know how you went. Cheers JulieD "vb" <vb@...