Export a Table to a Text File

How do I export a Table to a text file?
I need Fixed with and have a import specification.
I can import from a text file to a table but now I need the other way.

I have the table ready using queries and all I need is this last step.

0
Lillian

Create a macro with the TransferText action.

It's quite easy to set the options in the lower pane of the macro design
window.

"Lillian" <libertysmith10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do I export a Table to a text file?
> I need Fixed with and have a import specification.
> I can import from a text file to a table but now I need the other way.
>
> I have the table ready using queries and all I need is this last step.

0
Allen

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

Why do inline tables disappear when automaticallyshifting or resiz
Publisher 2003 Scenario: I have a parent table which contains a list of inline tables arranged vertically in one of its cells. Problem: Any time I perform an action that requires one of the inline tables to shift position (ex. adding text above/below it) or automatically resize (ex. adding text within it) the entire page layout disappears. I can cause the layout to reappear by selecting to view the Master Page (View->Master Page) then selecting to hide it. Thank you. Slide the acceleration down on your video adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, ...

winmail.dat
When we send attachments to people they show up on their ends as winmail.dat files. We are using Outlook 2000 on the XP platform. I researched and can't seem to come up with a solution. We are not using RTF (rich text format) and that seems to be the only configuration associated with this problem that I can find. We are using plain text and it still happens when we forward an email w/ an attachment and reset it to send via plain text. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Use plain text or html format and disable Word as your e-mail editor. If it still occours, it could b...

Text disappears when format changed in MS Word (Office X)
I save Word documents in Mac Word 5.1 format while using Office X. Sometimes when I resave, the format changes to the generic Microsoft Office document format. After this happens and I open the document, the text of the document is missing entirely. I an using Panther 10.3.3. Any ideas? Thank you. James Costello ...

Export / Import Security

sql report 3 tables
I am trying to write a report which will contain 4 tables, I need to display all 4 tables on one page. Unfortunatley because of the siz of the first 2 tables the 3rd table sits way down on the right hand side, how can i manipulate were the tables sit on the preview window? Regards Ian Are you writing your report in visual studio? in Report layout view, right click outside of the report area and select Properties. from the second tab you can change the layout of the report. By default it is set to 8.5 X 11, try chaning it to 11 X 8.5. Also, try changing the font size in your tab...

Try to open table get this error
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query <name>. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. (Error 3078) This is the full error I get when I try to open a table. I tried compace repair and that did not work. thanks -- Bonni Bonni, How are you trying to open the Table? By double-clicking on it? By a query? Through Design Mode? Have you tried copying the Table to another name and openning the new table? Steve PS. Hope you have a good backup of the database? If not make one. If you can just highlight the database and do a contr...

How do I email a hyperlink to a program file with a website as a parameter
Hi all, We're trying to email a hyperlink to a program file on a persons C: drive which by itself works fine. But when we append a parameter in the form of http://website.com then it thinks the entire link is a website and chokes. What we're trying to do start a Citrix ICA file from an email and feed it a dynamic website. The full link is "C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe" \\server\share\IE.ICA /param:"HTTP://website.com" I want the link to be just as is but Outlook changes the backslashes to forward slashes and generally mucks it up. ...

Recovering Files
Is there any possible way where you can recover a file that has been lost, and when it appeared in the autorecover box wasn't saved? Thanks for your help. You could be lucky and it will be in your temp folder. Type %temp% in the address bar in Windows Explorer. Look for files that have a pub prefix, change the .tmp extension to .pub. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kate" <kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B2E96A9-AED1-4524-B0CF-E4A2EDDF94CF@microsoft.com... > Is there an...

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

Export item ID?

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Localized Tables
Hello, I am about to start a multilanguage web site and I need to save the data on SQL tables. My idea is to create something like: create table dbo.Articles ( Id int identity not null, Created datetime not null, constraint PK_Articles primary key clustered(Id) ) create table dbo.ArticlesLocalized ( Id int identity not null, ArticleId int not null, CultureId int not null, Title nvarchar(200) not null, Content nvarchar(max) not null, constraint PK_ArticlesLocalized primary key clustered(Id) ) create table dbo.Cultures ( Id int identity not nul...

Exporting to Powerpoint

WMP Subtitles When Playing A File
When I Play an MPEG file is some of my other Media Players, sunch as BlazeDVD 5.1, subtitles are shown when I play the file. However, when I play the file in WMP 11.0, the subtitles are not shown. I know the subtitles are in the video stream because they show up in other players but why not WMP? Are you supposed to be able to turn the subtitles off and on? I have read on other forums that the subtitles are embedded in the video. But, how can that be? In one player they show up and another they don't. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:09:01 -0800, Ray <Ray@discussions.microsoft.c...

Missing Report Manager help file
Greetings: I run Windows XP home and Office XP Professional. Sometime last year I installed Report Manager add-in for Excel. In March 2005 I had to do a reinstall. Since then, when I click on View>Report>Manager>help I get a message stating that the XLMAIN8.HLP file cannot be found. The utility is checked in the Add-On dialog box. As I still have the download in the My Downloads folder I have even tried reinstalling the utility again but still the help file remains lost somewhere. Can someone offer some advice on what to do next? Where could the file have gone? How can I get it back...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

auto text
im now using windows 7 and am trying to figure out how to have formatted text phrases that i use over and over again in email replys in outlook to automatically fill in so i dont have to type them all out every time. used to be auto text but now i cant figure out how it works in the windows 7 system. any help is greatly appreciated. Assuming your using the same version of Office / Outlook as before nothings changed by using Win7 "skyler" <skyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24E7547A-9623-4499-95A7-60B3AAC5D704@microsoft.com... > im no...

Export email addresses including aliases
Hi I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on our off-site anti-spam provider. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EMAIL ALIASES IN EXCHANGE 2000 Thank you, Shawn. "Shawn" <slafferty@allcovered.com> wrote: >I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on o...

Pivot Table Page Field Adjusted with Spinner Control
I want to make it easier for the user to change page field values on a pivot table. How can I use a spinner control to increment through the page field values on a pivot table? Is there another way besides using a spinner control that maybe better? You can use a spinner from the Control tool box to move through the page field items. There's a sample file here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under 'Pivot Tables' look for 'Pivot Page Spinner' hagentd@cox.net wrote: > I want to make it easier for the user to change page field values on a > pivot ta...