Drop down text to permanent text?

Can the results of a query with drop down boxes only show the text and not
show it was a drop down with other names?
e.g. Dealer name: XYZ
and not be able to change from the drop down box to ABC

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

How to change digits in text file
Hello :) It is my first time on this newsgroup, I hope I will find some help here. My boss asked me if I would be able to do the following task. Well, I am unable to do it, but I wonder if it is easy for a decent VBScript programmer to accomplish. Although it has not to be written in VBScript, it was the first thing on my mind, because it can be run on any Windows XP machine without installing additional software. Tell me what you guys think. Is it a good choice for doing such a task? I hope I got the following algorithm right, since I am not a programmer... Well, I...

Message permanently deleted by rule still displays new mail notification
In Outlook 2003 if a message is permanently deleted by a rule you must manually empty the deleted messages folder before the new mail notification icon disappears. I have tried adding 'mark message\s as read' to the rule with no success. Is there a fix or work around for this issue ? Jeremy Wood <jwood@callcommand.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2003 if a message is permanently deleted by a > rule you must manually empty the deleted messages folder > before the new mail notification icon disappears. I have > tried adding 'mark message\s as read' to the rule wit...

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

Center label text vertically?
Is there any way to automatically center the text of each label in Word vertically as opposed to horizontally? I am using the general Label option, not mail merge. In most versions of Word, labels are vertically centered by default. If yours are not centering, make sure you don't have extraneous empty paragraphs. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "AKMMS" <AKMMS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF359D31-0EAB-416B-8691-FA141E317224@microsoft.com... > Is there any ...

move a text fiele into access table field
hi everybody, i have several files in .txt, and i create a table with fichiD(autonumber) fichtext(OLE Object), i need insert all these files depending a path that user are select on dialog form and move these files into this table field. how can i make these by conding in a form? anybody help me? ...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Tabbed text box opens with all selected
I have a form with tabbed text boxes, and when anyone selects the tab the box is displayed with all the text selected. Is there a way to keep this for happening? Thanks. Go to the menu bar. Select Tools->Options. Then select tab labeled Keyboard. Make your selection in the area labeled 'Behavior entering field' "TES" wrote: > I have a form with tabbed text boxes, and when anyone selects the tab the box > is displayed with all the text selected. Is there a way to keep this for > happening? > > Thanks. > TES, See my resp...

What is reverse text in Publisher. How do you do it?
If you mean "mirror" text, the most common use I believe would be to make an iron-on. The text would be reversed on the paper so you could then place it on say, a T shirt and iron it "on". To create a "mirrored" print you select, File Print Properties Basics tab Check "Mirror image" tab Ok Ok And the printer starts.... -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "dottiep" <dottiep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A53B2BF5-381D-4AF6-855F-0AEE317FB748@microsoft.com... > ...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

text message
I would like to have a girl friend who help or advise me to secced my intention thinks __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3599 (20081110) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com ...

numbers as text
Using Excel 2007 I have entered a long numeric string (a bank account number) as text. The entire Excel worksheet is then saved as a .csv file. The file is closed. When the file is reopened, the long numeric string has been converted to a scientific format (1.45684E+11) which can be converted again to text but will not keep that format during the save process. The bank is requiring the file to be saved in .csv format, so I don't have the option of saving in Excel format. Any suggestions???? On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:03:38 -0600, "BK" <nospam@nospam.co...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

issue with IF and text
I'm trying to get this formula in cell T62 to show "X" if W62 is blank or less then 0 but add 3 to the value if "yes" is pulled down on a data validtion chart in another cell Here is what I have come up with but when W62 is greater then 0 and U62 is "yes" it is not adding 3 more to the value displayed in T62 =IF(W62>0,SUM(V62:X62),"X"+IF(W62>0&U62="yes",3,0)) It's more then likely something simple, I'll admit I am not very good at excel I leave it for weeks and when I come back I have to "relearn"...

Text Converted to a Picture
I am having the following problem i have text that was entered into an excel speadsheet that now has been converted into a picture. I need to know how i can un-convert it so i can make modifications to the text. ...

graphic over text
I want to place a graphic box over a text box. When I put the graphic on top, the text inside the box spreads out. Picture someone physically making a stamp on top of text - that is the look I want to achieve. I want the text below to be blocked out - but not moved - by the graphic that sits on top of it. Hope this is clear - and I'm sure the answer is simple. I've looked, but don't have the right way to ask in the help files. Thanks! -- ljb I just found it! Format Picture, Wrapping Style - NONE. Thanks anyway. This is a great forum. -- ljb "ljb" wrote: >...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

converting text to formulas
Greetings, Is there a way to convert text to a formula? I have a pattern of data that I am trying to convert to formulas. In one column I have a pattern of A,A,A,A,B,B,B,B,C,C.... In the next column I have numbers 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,... Using the concatenate function I can generate a column of =A1,=A2,=A3,=A4,=B1,=B2.... but this is just text. I really am trying to generate the values that these cell references would represent. The goal is to present the DATA from cell A1, A2, A3, A4, B1, B2...all in a long list. Does this make sense? Can this be done? Thanks a ton for your help! ...

linking text
I would like to link the entries in the table of context to their respective pages. In other words, one could click on the article they'd like to read and it will bring them right to that page. Is that possible in Publisher without making separate text boxes for each item in the TOC? I'd appreciate any ideas! Thanks! Shannon ...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...

how to write data and string to a text file
I am very new to this. How do you write string and data to a file? For example, I want to write: "I am 28 years old" 28 is a calculated number from a function -- NewGuy10 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NewGuy100's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2793 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47490 Using VBA? Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim FileNum As Long Dim myYears As Long myYears = SomeFunction(DateSerial(2000, 12, 31)) FileNum = FreeFile ...

Displaying the contents of a query cell in a text box in my form
Hi everyone! I have a question, and it most likely a simple solution, but is giving me fits here. I have a form, and oh what a form it is. Everything works like a charm. BUT... On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 23:22:46 GMT, chris23892 wrote: > Hi everyone! I have a question, and it most likely a simple solution, but is > giving me fits here. > > I have a form, and oh what a form it is. Everything works like a charm. BUT... I'll see your but and raise you two! -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail well, that was helpful...... fredg wrote: &g...

How do I copy color text & paste keeping color
How do you copy text from a cell and paste it to another cell and Keep its origianl color? EXCEL 2007 1. In cell A1 I have the word smith with a background colour of yellow. 2. Do a Ctrl-C in cell A1 to copy the cell contents. 3. Do a Ctrl-V in cell D8 (for example) and cell contents are copied across with identical formats. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "bduck" wrote: > How do you copy text from a cell and paste it to another cell and Keep its > origianl color? Doesn't it paste the formatting for you when you just ...