Display Date from Unbound Field in Form in a Query

Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering
if I just never encountered it or what...

I have a form running a query, the user enters a date.  The report needs to
show the date - so the query has a field like this:

report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate]

I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query
led to characters that Excel could not understand.  I actually had another
date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine.  I
eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone.

The question for is why have I never seen this before?  I can't believe that
I've been so precise over the years to always format a date that I pulled
from a form into a query, and I'm sure that I've done this before (show a
date from a form in a query).

Any comments would be appreciated.  I guess we do learn something everyday...

Ed,

I've run into a number of issues WRT using Excel data queries of Access
databases.  Cannot say I've ever run into this one though.  Are you using
automation to open Excel, or are you doing it manually and refreshing an
Excel data query to the query in your Access database.  What surprises me is
that it evaluated the Format( ) function before bringing your data over.

I have a number of applications where I create user defined functions to
wrap complicated logic into a query.  Unfortunately, Excel (at least 2003 and
earlier) will not evaluate the Access UDF if you try to use the Excel data
query.

Dale
--
Email address is not valid.
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"Ed Ardzinski" wrote:

> Just had an issue that in 10 years of using Access never saw - just wondering
> if I just never encountered it or what...
>
> I have a form running a query, the user enters a date.  The report needs to
> show the date - so the query has a field like this:
>
> report date: [Forms!]![frm_report]![txtReportDate]
>
> I had a problem exporting to Excel - seems the direct placement in the query
> led to characters that Excel could not understand.  I actually had another
> date field from the form that I did a date add on, it worked fine.  I
> eventaully put the form reference in a Format, the issue was gone.
>
> The question for is why have I never seen this before?  I can't believe that
> I've been so precise over the years to always format a date that I pulled
> from a form into a query, and I'm sure that I've done this before (show a
> date from a form in a query).
>
> Any comments would be appreciated.  I guess we do learn something everyday...

Dual Displays

How to handle blank date and time?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2 I am developing a database application using MS Access 2000. The problem I am dealing with is how to handle if the user does not enter the date. There is a condition where they can do that for Finish Process Date / Finish Process Time. I make the Date and Time as separate fields, both in the database and the application. On my application I use the COleDateTime data type. I have to save the blank Date and the blank Time, and I also have to acquire them back in order to display the data using the CListCtrl. What I am confusing is how to make the query? Is it...

how can I add 'date modfied' into a cell in excel 2002
as above Check out http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html In article <F4E52FD7-13EF-42BC-8754-D8B5F255A3E0@microsoft.com>, "Shmoo" <Shmoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > as above Thanks JE, appreciate that. "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > Check out > > http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html > > In article <F4E52FD7-13EF-42BC-8754-D8B5F255A3E0@microsoft.com>, > "Shmoo" <Shmoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > as above > ...

Folder could not be displayed

Using "Count" in Queries
I'm having trouble with a query I'm working on. I am running it with multiple criteria and it works perfectly fine. However, when I change the "Total" row from "Group by" to "Count" the query comes up blank. The only time the query performs as it should, with the counts, is when I delete the criteria for all the other fields. How can I get the count to work while still keeping the specific criteria the same? Thank you in advance for the help! Tim wrote: >I'm having trouble with a query I'm working on. I am running it with mul...

find and count days in blocks of consecutive dates
I need to find a way using Excel to find blocks of consecutive dates in a list and then count how many days are in each block. Any help is appreciated. Hi if i'm understanding you correctly, you can use the COUNTIF function =COUNTIF(range,">="&datevalue("lowest_date"))-COUNTIF(range,">"&datevalue("highest_date")) e.g. =COUNTIF(A1:A23,">="&DATEVALUE("2/10/04"))-COUNTIF(A1:A23,">"&DATEVALUE("4/10/04")) counts all the days between 2/10/04 and the 4/10/04 inclusive PS you might nee...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

Statement Date
I enter my transactions manually for some of my accounts, ie utility bills. These transactions always have different payment dates, statement closing dates, service dates, etc.. Is there any way to enter the statement date on money 2007 deluze version 16.0.120.1303? I would like to do this so that I know what month I have just paid. In microsoft.public.money, OfficeNDN wrote: >I enter my transactions manually for some of my accounts, ie utility bills. > >These transactions always have different payment dates, statement closing >dates, service dates, etc.. > >Is there...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

PK and FK Displayed

Date validation #3
hello everybody, i am new to excel , and i want to format a particular cell such that it accepts a date and the date should BE ONLY SATURDAY. If the date is not saturday a message box should appear and say "please enter the correct date". Please let me know step by step.As i am not comfortable using excel. Thanx, Ragini. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Ragini, Use Data Validation, setup a custom criteria, and use a formula of =WEEKDAY(A1)=...

subform not loading before main form
Hi MS Access 2003 SP2 After I did some refactoring of the subform code, the subform just would not load. In fact, it skips the subform without any error, and fails to load the main form as the main form depends on the subform for some data. My problem was Private Const START_DATE as Date = "#00:00:00#" I had accidentally added quotation marks around the date literal. Since it was not throwing an error it took me 2 days to track down this simple mistake. Hope others won't have to waste so much time! Riyaz Compile --- Hi Riyaz, "Since it was not throwing an error i...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Counting against a date
Hi I want to count the rows in a range 'Tests 1' AF3:AF1000=YES if the date in the range 'Tests 1' AD3:AD1000 is (<=) less than or equal to the date in B14 (current sheet) using the following formula: =IF($B14="","",(SUMPRODUCT(('Tests 1'!$AF$3:$AF$1000=YES)*('Tests 1'!AD$3:$AD1000<=$B14)))) unfortunately this returns an #N/A error I'm clearly missing something here so any tips or pointers would be appreciated. -- Steve Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, th...

MS Query Data Source Change
I have a series of saved queries that I use on an ODBC data source. I would like to put them on other computers that may not have the same data sources but have different ones (tables are the same in each data source). Right now I am editing the query in Notepad to change the data source and path to the correct one on the other computers but am wondering why it is not evident how to change this in the query itself. Can it be done? How? TIA I had a similiar problem which I solved with a form/macro. (I don't think you can point to a different source other than manually changing t...

Display or not display series

Group Discussion Fielded
Hello, Apologies in advance if I am not using the most appropriate terminalogy. I am trying to find a way to structure a group discussion on several topics all within the same emails which people update. For instance, suppose there are 3 individuals (not on the same exchange network) discussing 2 topics. If this were excel, I would have 3 rows and 5 columns e.g. Blank John Jane Joe End Conclusion Topic 1 blah 1 blah 2 blah 3 blah 7 blah 8 ABC Topic 2 blah 4 blah 5 blah 6 blah 9 ...

Forms 06-20-07
Help Guys I have 2 textbox controls on a form The first textbox displays a Transaction Date from a table called sales Now I want the second box to show the Total count of products on that date and before am using the following expression =DCount("[ProductsCode]","Products","[DateIn]"<= "[Date]","Sales" where datein is a field inthe Products table that I want to use as reference for the counting What am I doing wrong and how can I get the total count of the products using the date textbox? I want when I select a date in the Date text...