Delete Query 03-27-10

Please Help - I have searched the posts and have found some ideas, but
nothing seems to work.  Here is the sql statement

Error 3086 resolutions do not apply as far as i can determine

DELETE DISTINCTROW DistributedAnalyst.*, DistributedByMaterial.Material
FROM DistributedAnalyst LEFT JOIN DistributedByMaterial ON
DistributedAnalyst.Material = DistributedByMaterial.Material
WHERE (((DistributedByMaterial.Material) Is Null));

Thanks in advance

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 15:55:01 -0700, dmoney <dmoney@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Please Help - I have searched the posts and have found some ideas, but
>nothing seems to work.  Here is the sql statement
>
>Error 3086 resolutions do not apply as far as i can determine
>
>DELETE DISTINCTROW DistributedAnalyst.*, DistributedByMaterial.Material
>FROM DistributedAnalyst LEFT JOIN DistributedByMaterial ON
>DistributedAnalyst.Material = DistributedByMaterial.Material
>WHERE (((DistributedByMaterial.Material) Is Null));
>
>Thanks in advance

I presume you just want to delte records from DistributedAnalyst, and you're
using the material just for joining? If so remove it from the DELETE clause
and just leave it in the JOIN and the criteria:

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 15:55:01 -0700, dmoney <dmoney@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Please Help - I have searched the posts and have found some ideas, but
> >nothing seems to work.  Here is the sql statement
> >
> >Error 3086 resolutions do not apply as far as i can determine
> >
> >DELETE DISTINCTROW DistributedAnalyst.*, DistributedByMaterial.Material
> >FROM DistributedAnalyst LEFT JOIN DistributedByMaterial ON
> >DistributedAnalyst.Material = DistributedByMaterial.Material
> >WHERE (((DistributedByMaterial.Material) Is Null));
> >
> >Thanks in advance
>
> I presume you just want to delte records from DistributedAnalyst, and you're
> using the material just for joining? If so remove it from the DELETE clause
> and just leave it in the JOIN and the criteria:
>
> DELETE DISTINCTROW DistributedAnalyst.*
> FROM DistributedAnalyst LEFT JOIN DistributedByMaterial ON
> DistributedAnalyst.Material = DistributedByMaterial.Material
> WHERE (((DistributedByMaterial.Material) Is Null));
>
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Try rewriting the delete query

DELETE DistributedAnalyst.*
FROM DistributedAnalyst
WHERE NOT EXISTS
   (SELECT *
    FROM DistributedByMaterial
    WHERE Material = DistributedAnalyst.Material )

OR try this rewrite which may be faster

DELETE *
FROM DistributedAnalyst
WHERE DistributedAnalyst.Material IN
    (SELECT DistributedAnalyst.Material
     FROM DistributedAnalyst LEFT JOIN DistributedByMaterial
     ON DistributedAnalyst.Material = DistributedByMaterial.Material
     WHERE DistributedByMaterial.Material Is Null)

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

dmoney wrote:
> Please Help - I have searched the posts and have found some ideas, but
> nothing seems to work.  Here is the sql statement
>
> Error 3086 resolutions do not apply as far as i can determine
>
> DELETE DISTINCTROW DistributedAnalyst.*, DistributedByMaterial.Material
> FROM DistributedAnalyst LEFT JOIN DistributedByMaterial ON
> DistributedAnalyst.Material = DistributedByMaterial.Material
> WHERE (((DistributedByMaterial.Material) Is Null));
>
> Thanks in advance
0
John
3/28/2010 3:59:51 PM
Thank You very much this one worked so much faster than the workaround I was
using.  Appreciate it.

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Try rewriting the delete query
>
> DELETE DistributedAnalyst.*
> FROM DistributedAnalyst
> WHERE NOT EXISTS
>    (SELECT *
>     FROM DistributedByMaterial
>     WHERE Material = DistributedAnalyst.Material )
>

> OR try this rewrite which may be faster
>
> DELETE *
> FROM DistributedAnalyst
> WHERE DistributedAnalyst.Material IN
>     (SELECT DistributedAnalyst.Material
>      FROM DistributedAnalyst LEFT JOIN DistributedByMaterial
>      ON DistributedAnalyst.Material = DistributedByMaterial.Material
>      WHERE DistributedByMaterial.Material Is Null)
>

> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> dmoney wrote:
> > Please Help - I have searched the posts and have found some ideas, but
> > nothing seems to work.  Here is the sql statement
> >
> > Error 3086 resolutions do not apply as far as i can determine
> >
> > DELETE DISTINCTROW DistributedAnalyst.*, DistributedByMaterial.Material
> > FROM DistributedAnalyst LEFT JOIN DistributedByMaterial ON
> > DistributedAnalyst.Material = DistributedByMaterial.Material
> > WHERE (((DistributedByMaterial.Material) Is Null));
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> .

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

ODBC DSN query issue
I've researched this to death, and many sources point to the same answer, yet I keep getting the DSN prompt box when I try to run a query with the user ID & pw imbedded in the query. (I'm trying to get passed needing to manually enter a password when I run a Scheduled Task. - My system is set up that I do not have the option of saving a password.) This is what I have in the Source Connect Str ODBC;DSN=edwprdi0;UID=xxx;PWD=xxx; When I run as a pass-thru, I just get the prompt asking for a DSN SELECT ARMUV006.LEAD_CAR_INIT, ARMUV006.LEAD_CAR_NBR FROM ARMUV006 IN &...

Delete macros

Check boxes to text 05-12-10
Is there any way that I can have check boxes automaticaly transfer their information to text? example: Check boxes = red, blue, green If you click the red and green check boxes, the title would be as bellow. Title on the page = Lable order for: red, green Thank you Again, what you ask is at present incomprehensible. If the link I posted earlier does not work for you then the alternative is a userform - For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a more in depth explanation, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_User...

Report Query in RMS
Is there somewhere that I could get some information as to how the reports in RMS are composed. When you look at the various reports they all seem fairly simple in there basic structure. Are the any examples of how these reports are composed. The //--- Columns ---// iformation seems to be the same in most reports, same as the //--- Title Rows ---//. Setting up the flitters and the TablesQueried I need to understand. I have the schema for 1.2. How do I better understand the following or what do I need to learn. I wish I was in college again and had all the time in the world. //--- Repo...

Struggles with an update query ;(
Hi There, I would really appreciate some assistance, I am designing a database (low key) but I am trying to get my face known in an org (nothing to do with database thank goodness!) but I volunteered to do this database and have hit a major snag and I am not prepared to accept defeat. So this is my issue, if there is a lifesaver out help ! ;) So this is what I have at the moment. 1) A personal detail type records table 2)An evaluation form for projects attended. 3) What they would like is that when indivduals attend a project the project name is updated in the details form under "...

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

Re: Ranking my results in a query to get the TOP#10 percent
Hello, I have created several queries and now I would like to rank my result to only get the TOP 10 percent. Could you please assist me with an Access SQL statement that can accomplish this? Thanks, TL SELECT TOP 10 PERCENT * FROM somewhere ORDER BY someExpression It is not a 'rank' in itself, though, just a pick of the 'top most'. Light difference between the two expressions, but it probably does not matter... :-) Vanderghast, Access MVP "TL" <TL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6549C8D-9FDC-4568-B73F-434BAF601BD7@mi...

Remove stock price history in Money '03?
Hi, I have been using several versions of Money for several years now. Is it possible to remove any of the historical quotes shown in the "Update Price" window when working with "Update Prices" in your Portfolio. Does several years worth of price information increase the .mny file size? Thanks, MD. In microsoft.public.money, md wrote: > >I have been using several versions of Money for several years now. Is it >possible to remove any of the historical quotes shown in the "Update Price" >window when working with "Update Prices" in your Po...

Very difficult query!
Hello All I have spent most of today on this and can't get it right: I hope someone out there can help! I need a query that will give a person's retirement date (RD), according to their date of birth (DOB). The trouble is that the age at which a person can retire is not constant, but is instead determined according to the following: for a DOB earlier than 6 April 1950, the RD is on their 60th birthday If DOB is 6 April 1950 to 5 May 1950, RD is 6 May 2010 If DOB is 6 May 1950 to 5 June1950, RD is 6 July 2010 If DOB is 6 June 1950 to 5 July 1950, RD is 6 Sep 2010 If DOB i...

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

Deleting an email

If statement 02-03-10
I need a formula that will help me produce the correct answer in this scenario: If Revised forecast is <0 then Forecast - Actual, if Revised Forecast is >0 then Revised Forecast - Actual Forecast 360 Revised Forecast 600 Actual 10 Variance 590 This formula is not working - =IF(D13<"0",SUM(D4-D22),IF(D13>"0",SUM(D13-D22))) =IF(D13<0,D4-D22,IF(D13>0,D13-D22,"")) "Donna" wrote: > I need a formula that will help me produce the correct answer in this > scenario: If Revised forecast is <0 then ...

Integration Manager 10.0 error message
Would anyone know the cause if this error? This fixed assets integration ran with no problem last month. "Integration < > is not ready to run due to the following problems: Source queries are not ready to execute. Query < > cannot be executed until the following problem is corrected:" ------ and nothing is listed! Thanks for any help offerred. Are you able to right click on the source and preview? You may have to remap the source file. Thanks, VJ On Nov 3, 10:57=A0am, Patti <Pa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Would anyone know the cause if t...

#Deleted

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...