Date selection criteria expression help needed

i have a database with dates listed as the general date (date and time). some
of the cells have null (empty) values.  I would like to query for null values
and today's date expressed as a long date (mm/dd/yyyy).  I am having trouble.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Field: YourDateField
Criteria: Is Null Or = Date()

OR
Field: YourDateField
Criteria (Line1): Is Null
Criteria (Line2): = Date()

'====================================================
  John Spencer
  Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
  University of Maryland Baltimore County
'====================================================

tcek wrote:
> i have a database with dates listed as the general date (date and time). some
> of the cells have null (empty) values.  I would like to query for null values
> and today's date expressed as a long date (mm/dd/yyyy).  I am having trouble.
John
1/11/2008 5:44:48 PM
I am only getting the null values this way...not todays date.

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Field: YourDateField
> Criteria: Is Null Or = Date()
>
> OR
> Field: YourDateField
> Criteria (Line1): Is Null
> Criteria (Line2): = Date()
>

> '====================================================
>   John Spencer
>   Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
>   Center for Health Program Development and Management
>   University of Maryland Baltimore County
> '====================================================
>

> tcek wrote:
> > i have a database with dates listed as the general date (date and time). some
> > of the cells have null (empty) values.  I would like to query for null values
> > and today's date expressed as a long date (mm/dd/yyyy).  I am having trouble.
> > any help would be greatly appreciated.

now() works but not date()

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Field: YourDateField
> Criteria: Is Null Or = Date()
>
> OR
> Field: YourDateField
> Criteria (Line1): Is Null
> Criteria (Line2): = Date()
>

> '====================================================
>   John Spencer
>   Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
>   Center for Health Program Development and Management
>   University of Maryland Baltimore County
> '====================================================
>

> tcek wrote:
> > i have a database with dates listed as the general date (date and time). some
> > of the cells have null (empty) values.  I would like to query for null values
> > and today's date expressed as a long date (mm/dd/yyyy).  I am having trouble.
> > any help would be greatly appreciated.

I suspect that you are storing the date and time in your field.  In that
case try the following for the criteria.

Is null OR (>=Date() and < DateAdd("d",1,Date()))

If that still fails then you may have a problem with your library
references or you have defined Date as a function or possibly a field in
your table.

'====================================================

tcek wrote:
> now() works but not date()
>
> "John Spencer" wrote:
>
>> Field: YourDateField
>> Criteria: Is Null Or = Date()
>>
>> OR
>> Field: YourDateField
>> Criteria (Line1): Is Null
>> Criteria (Line2): = Date()
>>

>> '====================================================
>>   John Spencer
>>   Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
>>   Center for Health Program Development and Management
>>   University of Maryland Baltimore County
>> '====================================================
>>

>> tcek wrote:
>>> i have a database with dates listed as the general date (date and time). some
>>> of the cells have null (empty) values.  I would like to query for null values
>>> and today's date expressed as a long date (mm/dd/yyyy).  I am having trouble.
>>> any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
John

HELP! OWA stops responding, Inetinfo.exe seems to hang.
For the past few days I have been having a problem with an Exchange2k3 SP2 server. Sporadically I get these messages in my app event logs: Source: Application Error Category:(100) EventID:1000 Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module davex.dll, version 6.5.7638.1, fault address 0x0005dfcd. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Source W3SVC-WP Category:None EventID:2273 Worker process could not access metabase due to disconnection error. Marking process as unhealthy. For more information, see Help an...

Passing a variable to a select query.
Hi all, I am trying to select cmr from Customer table and pass this variable [Cust] to a query. When I open the form to select the customer it gets copied into the variable. So far no problem. When the OpenQuery executes, it asks for the parameter again. Class module linked to my forms option button : Private Sub Option2_Click() Dim Cust Set Cust = Cmr DoCmd.OpenQuery "CustBal", acNormal, acEdit End Sub Custbal query : PARAMETERS Cust Text; SELECT TbTrans1.Tranid, TbTrans1.Cmr, TbTrans1.date, TbTrans1.Amount FROM TbTrans1 WHERE Tbtrans1.Cmr LIKE '*' & [Cust] & ...

filter by date and action

Help Please re expenential
Help anyone please, I want to trend some numbers from a graph The formula the trendline options has given is y=1.1433e to power of .352x. If 2.5 is x what is the excel formula. is it Exp(1.1433)^(.352*2.5) Help please Thanks You need; =1.1433*EXP( 0.352*x) In math, we can write e^x or exp(x) for the same thing. Be sure to format the trendline equation to show lots of digits (eg 1.143295768) or else your answer will be inaccurate best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Hugh" <hugh@jago.to> wrote in message news:ctg4...

Adding Hotmail Account to Outlook Express
I've had some problem with my email account using outlook express. Since a couple of days ago i could not access my hotmail account via outlook express (other accounts ok). I get the following message Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCF4 I've tried removing the account the adding it again but still nothing. After adding the account it tries to download the folders which comes up with this error Config...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

Post Dated Checks

Need help w/ MERGE syntax
Hi, This must be the simplest MERGE statement but I can't get the syntax right. I'm trying to update a user's personal data. If the user's data already are in the Users table, I need to do an update i.e. if UserID exists in the table, do an UPDATE. If UserID does not exist in the table, then do an INSERT. For simplicity, let's say, I'm just trying to INSERT/UPDATE user's email address. Thanks for your help. -- Thanks, Sam Hi, For for clarification, I'm dealing with a single table i.e. Users which -- again for simplicity -- looks li...

Help with an Excel formula
Hey, wondering if anyone can help me with a formula i need it to recognise that if the answer is negative it needs to be red. I think i need an if/then statement but do not know how?? Eg say the formula was just simply = F15-G15 then i need something to say if this anwer is negative then highlight red any help would be great thanks Create a custom format. Right click on the cell, choose Format Cells... On the Number tab, choose Custom. Try one of the formats with [Red] in it. If you like it, great. If not, you can create your own format. The rule is anythi...

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

Help with an array
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4391B.93740150 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable =3D{SUM(VLOOKUP($B36,Returns,COLUMN(INDIRECT($B$5:$B$25)))*D$5:D$25)} This formula won't work as an array, but it will work like this: =3D(VLOOKUP($B36,Returns,COLUMN(INDIRECT($B$5))*D$5 Either way, the Vlookup portion works okay, as does INDIRECT, but the = COLUMN stops working when I convert it to an array. Help is sincerely appreciated! ___________________________ Robert Ades Accountancy Corp....

help with a formula please
Hello I have a text field '2007 Aug' , which I want to turn into a date 15/8/2007 so I can do some calculations with it. I've tried splitting the field etc but I'm getting into a real mess. Can someone help me with the formula pls ?? Thanks KK On dec. 9, 13:55, "KRK" <tre...@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > Hello > > I have a text field =A0'2007 Aug' , which I want to turn into a date 15/8= /2007 > so I can do some calculations with it. I've tried splitting the field etc > but I'm getting into a r...

filter form by listbox selection
Access 2003 form called fGua has an unbound list box called lstComponent. When the user selects from the listbox how can I make the form filter by that selection Private Sub lstComponent_AfterUpdate() Select Case lstComponent.Value Case "CT" 'CT Me.Filter = "[Component] = [lstComponent].value " Me.FilterOn = True Me.Component.DefaultValue = """" & Me.lstComponent.Value & """" Case "ST" 'ST Me.Filter = "[Component] = [lstComponent].value &q...

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

outlook 2003 email options help
When I open the new message window, I have to manually entire the entire outgoing address or scroll through a long list of contacts. Is there a way to make the To: feild recognize/query/automatch a contact after I've entered the first couple letters in the outgoing address bar? Yes. That feature is enabled by default. Have you sent enough messages to have populated your autocompletion cache? You won't see it working until you do. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bree" <sabreaz01@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:151d301c4468b$2e7b0870$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...