Crosstab Query For Fiscal Year Totals

I want to write a crosstab query for FY totals that will show each month
regardless of wether there is data or not.  Any help on this is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

The trick is column headings. Open the query in Design View. Right click up
where the tables go and select Properties. In there is column headings. Put
in the expected column names in order. Something like:

"Jan","Feb","Mar" and so on.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"DevlinM" wrote:

> I want to write a crosstab query for FY totals that will show each month
> regardless of wether there is data or not.  Any help on this is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Odd Parameter request in Crosstab
Good Morning, I read the threads about creating parameters in crosstab queries and this helped me to get it to work but the parameter box pops up when I try to save the query. Though my changes are saved, I don’t think this is normal? It happens in all views. Can anyone tell me what might be wrong? Here is my SQL: PARAMETERS [Enter Month and Year] DateTime; TRANSFORM Sum(Trans_Mstr_ODC.ODC_Cost) AS SumOfODC_Cost SELECT Trans_Mstr_ODC.TransDate, Trans_Mstr_ODC.Category, Trans_Mstr_ODC.Product, Sum(Trans_Mstr_ODC.ODC_Cost) AS [Total Of ODC_Cost] FROM Trans_Mstr_ODC WHERE...

Creating Date Range in Pivot Microsoft Query
I have a pivot that I've connected to our SQL db using the MS Query. I'm having two problems with it: 1. In Access I create a date range to see dates between 3 and 15months ago with the SQL statement " WHERE (Trx.TrxDate) Between (Date()-485) AND (Date()-120)" - no problem in Access but not the MS Query program. When I do it through the Excel MS Query it says the Function 'date' is not valid. How do I describe the current date in the MS Query program? 2. In the same wizard I cannot combine two fields (in Access I would use Expr1: [Field1]&", "...

Error 'Invalid object ##Options' while running Multilevel query in
I created a company in GP9.0 with Analytical Accounting + Service Pack 1, created a transaction dimension and some codes, posted transactions in POP, GL and Inventory. When I ran the Multi level query wizard, i got the error '[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name "##Options" when I gave all the values and the system started to run the report. What could be the problem? Thanks - Murali The options you are selected in MQW are stored in temp table and using that "##Options" table is created in run time.It might be because the temp ta...

Union queries and crosstab...
I created a union query that combined three tables. Three tables that store three types of deposits (ID, Coupon, Misc). The union query has a criteria of a date range. The fields include SalesAmt for all of the deposit types. If one of the tables do not have data for that date range (let's say Misc), the SalesAmt column for the Misc table does not show up in the query. Is there a way for me to have a filler column so it can be displayed in a report? Currently, if a table has no data, the report errors out saying the column does not exist. Thanks. Use a NZ function on that fie...

Sorting data in a query
Hello, I have a report based on a query that returns employees holiday dates in descending order. This works well but new boss only wants to see the last holiday that staff had. I have tried various methods of trying to return the LAST HOLIDAY DATE FOR EMPLOYEES but I can not achieve it. Could anyone help please? Current query example returns: Mr Smith 21 Oct 07 Mr A 1 OCT 07 mRS b 28 Sep 07 Mrs b 1 Sep 07 Mr z 29 Aug 07 Mr Smith 28 Aug 07 Mr A 20 Aug 07 Miss Y 1 Aug 07 The new query needs to return: Mr Smith 21 Oct 07 Mr A 1 OCT 07 mRS b 28 Sep 07 Mr z 29 Aug 07 Miss Y ...

EFT posting to bank rec, option to post in total
Hi, In A/P EFT bank rec posting is there an option to post one total for the batch? P/R has this option has this option on the Direct Deposit Setup window. Thanks ...

Trouble with Query Statement
I keep getting the following error with the code below: runtime error '13'; Type mismatch. Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT tblCaseInfo.CaseID, tblCaseInfo.DHSNo, tblCaseInfo.Region, tblCaseInfo.DHSAttny, tblCaseInfo.CaseName, " _ & "tblAction.CaseID, tblAction.Actn, tblStatus.CaseId, tblStatus.ClosedDate, tblStatus.StatusRptNotes " _ & "FROM (tblCaseInfo INNER JOIN tblAction ON tblCaseInfo.CaseId = tblAction.CaseID) " _ & "LEFT JOIN tblStatus ON tblCaseInfo.CaseId = tblStatus.CaseId " _ & "WHERE ((...

Query to Determine if Course is Taken
Hi, I have a table that lists courses an employee has taken. I also have a list of courses, when then expire and what their retraining course should be. Now I need to determine if the employee has taken not only the original course, but the retrained course when they're on separate lines. So.. if he's taken course 123 which expires in 12 months. Then he takes course 124. It shows in the list of courses that he's taken that 124 was also completed. However, my flag just determines that 123 is expired. I need that flag to not show if 124 has been taken. Hope that's a compl...

Date parameters on crosstab report?
I am reporting on orders analysed by advertising source. I have built my first crosstab query that works fine, and then a report based on that which also works OK. However, we need to select the date range (order date) for which it is reporting. In the past with ordinary select queries I have simply added Between [Enter start date] And [Enter end date] to the appropriate date field column in the design grid and it has worked fine. But on this one it makes no difference - it either continues to display the whole set of data, or nothing at all, depending on the syntax I use. Is there som...

Excel query #5
Hi, I'm using Microsoft Query to get data from my Access tables. After the 64th query, I get the message "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed", which means I can't add another query. I need several more queries. Each query has 53 fields. Can I increase the number of queries the driver can open some way? If not can, pivot tables or OLAP cubes open more queries. I have played with them some. Can they open that many fields? Are pivot tables or OLAP cubes the best way to handle the data? I'm not looking for a 'how to' ans...

Query Criteria 04-15-10
Hi, Some of the fields I have in a table which is imported from a csv file are: Salesperson (has up to 20 names in it) Status (has Won,Lost,Submitted,Prospect,Did Not Proceed,Estimation) Status Date (has date) Value ($ value) What I am getting stuck on is a query to get the total value per Salesman for each status and also the count of each status, I would like it to show in datasheet form something like below. Salesman $won No. Won $lost No.Lost A $100000 5 $150000 3 B ...

Queries to Views?
I posted this question in a SQL Svr newsgroup and was basically slapped down for doing so. I was told this is an "Access" issue and I should try an "Access" group (man, those guys can be sensitive!). So, here we go... I've tried a few different approaches but, each time I try to convert an access query to a view in SQL Svr 2000, the result is a table not a view. Does anyone know how to take the dozens of queries I've created and move them into SQL server as views without copying and pasting the SQL statements into query analyzer one at a time? I've ...

Templates and Queries
I have an Excel Template that contains a query pulling from and Access Database. I have tried to modify this query, however, it doesn't seem to accept my changes. I can create a new query within a new template and then it works fine. Rather than doing this for everyone, I would like to just modify the query and save that within the template. I've tried saving the query and then resaving the template also. What am I doing wrong. This is Excel XP. Thanks, ...

Network connection for query
G'day there One and All, I'm currently trying to adapt a few of the Dept's workbooks to suit our district. There is a single master book, to produce reports, that is available to all on a read only basis and read write to the relevent manager. There are also a number of data entry books that are identical to each other and that provide the data from each division. The master book uses a query to obtain data from the division's books and thereby build the reports. The data books are read write for everyone with only a single sheet from each providing data for the que...

Query to find when a total is hit
We are trying to get some statistics on our Inventory people to see if they are issuing material to work orders on time. My work order table has a field that shows the last transaction date of the order, but if Inventory issue all the material then has to issue more because of scrap later they get dinged as being late. We have a Transaction History table that shows every issue however I don't know a good way to find out when the total number of needed parts was reached. For Example I am creating a shop order that needs 3 parts, 50 of each: ShopOrder PartNeeded D...

LDAP Query needed
I need an ldap query to find all users with an exchange mailbox where the users alias does not equal the nickname of the smtp email address(s). Thanks! "MrRAlan" <MrRAlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need an ldap query to find all users with an exchange mailbox where the >users alias does not equal the nickname of the smtp email address(s). Thanks! I don't believe LDAP supports what you want to do. You'll have to write a small program (vbs or perl) that creates a mail address and then queries the AD for a match. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange ...

Queries?
Is it possible to make an "update query" to roll back year to date overtime hours? I have an tblhours that totals all overtime hours worked and refused in which I have ran queries to sum all of those. Once a year we have to rollback the year to date overtime hours which means we take the lowest employee, he goes to "0" and we subtract the lowest employees hours from the highest employees hours. I was trying to do this in an update query, but everything I try subtracts, for example, 10 hours from every line of overtime in the tblhours table. I know you are no...

Excel VBA SQL Query Filename

Querying dates & times
I am struggling with running a query where the field is both a date and a time. i.e. 01/25/2010 3:40 pm. When running the query, it doesn't see anything. After entering the query criteria, it only shows up as #01/25/2010# and no data selected... Any suggestions? Thx, D Can you tell us how you would like this to work? Do you want to ignore the time portion of the value or is the time significant to the criteria? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Digi777" wrote: > I am struggling with running a query where the field is both a date and a > ...

Creating addressbooks that query on OU
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4174B.630E15B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How would I create an addressbook that is based on the contents of an OU = in AD? ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4174B.630E15B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3D...

Summing a crosstab
Is there a way to do a sumif on a crosstab? For example: Issue Year Duration 2,004 2,005 2,006 2,007 2,008 2,009 0 453 - - - - 505 1 - - 789 498 - 2 650 - - - 3 5,496 1,086 2,210 4 - 6,241 5 13,664 I want to summarize by Incurred Year, which would be Issue year + Duration So for Incurred Year 2009, I want to sum all cells where the Issue Year + Duration = 2009. sumif (row + col = year) Incurred Year Amount 2009 22,621 2008 1,584 2007 6,285 2006 650 2005 - ...

Crosstab Query Wizard...Can percentages also be displayed?
When using the Crosstab Query Wizard to count values, is it possible for either the Query or Report (made from the query) to also display the percentages that sum to the total column? Here's an example of what I'm looking for: TOTAL CATEGORY1 CATEGORY2 4 (100%) 3(75%) 1(25%) ...

I want to make a print of the year 2010(Outlook 2007)
I can only choose to print one month from Outlook. Is there any way to make a print of a year (for the overview of several employees)? Or is there an other MS application which will be good as a vacation planner? Use this program Calendar Printing Assistant for Outlook 2007 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ha101687211033.aspx Lene wrote: > I can only choose to print one month from Outlook. Is there any way to make a > print of a year (for the overview of several employees)? Or is there an other > MS application which will be good as a vacation planner? &...

how many combinations in a list equal a certain total
I have a list of 479 rows. Column A is a product name, column B is cost. I need to come up with every possible combination of pruducts that equals $100. For instance: Product A $100 Product B $50 Product C $38.72 Product D $20 Product E $30 Product F $50 Possible answers are: A B+D+E B+F F+E+D Each Product can be used only once so B+B wouldn't work. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help! Sherrie Go to www.myweb.cableone.net/twodays Download the "Find a numeric value" file. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Sherrie" <sb...

SQL Crosstab Question
I have written the following SQL Statement: TRANSFORM Sum(qryTSExportFY.Hours) AS SumOfHours SELECT qryTSExportFY.ProjNum, qryTSExportFY.ProjSub1, qryTSExportFY.ProjSub2, qryTSExportFY.LastName, Sum(qryTSExportFY.Hours) AS TotalHours FROM qryTSExportFY GROUP BY qryTSExportFY.ProjNum, qryTSExportFY.ProjSub1, qryTSExportFY.ProjSub2, qryTSExportFY.LastName PIVOT qryTSExportFY.FiscalYear In ("FY05", "FY06", "July 2006", "August 2006", "September 2006", "October 2006", "November 2006", "December 2006", "Janua...