criteria for filtering check boxes in a query

I am trying to do a permanent sort for columns using check boxes.  I need to
know the formula for the criteria box

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:54:41 -0700, Desiree wrote:

> I am trying to do a permanent sort for columns using check boxes.  I need to
> know the formula for the criteria box

What is "a permanent sort for columns using check boxes".

Perhaps your terminology is clear to you, but I think you would do
well to re-think and repost your question.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 15:38:03 -0700, Desiree wrote:

> "fredg" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:54:41 -0700, Desiree wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to do a permanent sort for columns using check boxes.  I need to
>>> know the formula for the criteria box
>>
>> What is "a permanent sort for columns using check boxes".
>>
>> Perhaps your terminology is clear to you, but I think you would do
>> well to re-think and repost your question.
>>
>> --
>> Fred
>> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
>> I do not reply to personal e-mail
>>
> When I say permanent sort I mean when I do a filter in the main window and
> save the query and reopen it, the filter is not saved.  When you enter in
> criteria (formula) in design view and save it is saved with only the filtered
> names that is what I need

OK.
A filter is not a sort.
A check box has a value of either -1 (if checked) or 0 (if unchecked).
So, in query design view, as criteria on the check box column, write
-1
to show just the records that are checked.
or
0
to show just the records that are not checked.

If you wish the user to select either checked or unchecked then as
criteria on the check box column, write:
[Enter -1 for checked  or 0 for unchecked]

When prompted, if the user enters -1 only checked records appear.
If the user enters 0 only unchecked records appear.

Is this what you are looking for?
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
I do not reply to personal e-mail
0
fredg

importing data from the query wizard
i have tried to import the data using the query wizard but all i get is SYNTAX ERROR in FROM CLAUSE. Im not doing this using visual basic so i have no idea how to correct this error. Can anyone help please? ...

Outlook 2002 junk senders vs junk filter
Is there a way to have just the junk senders list enabled without the default junk filters enabled? It seems that you cannot modify the junk filters. Is my only option to manual create a rule for the junk senders? Lee <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to have just the junk senders list enabled without the > default junk filters enabled? It seems that you cannot modify the > junk filters. Is my only option to manual create a rule for the junk > senders? Since the OL 2002 junk filter is nearly worthless anyway, having it enabled is just about lik...

computing formula according to criteria #3
Thanks, That's a good idea, the problem is I have several participants, and need a template sheet where I can just paste each participant's data and the means and SD's will be computed automatically. At the momen going over each and every participant is taking me hours. I really need a formula... -- lior ----------------------------------------------------------------------- liory's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1049 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26138 another way to do it would be to write a ...

Use horizontal column titles in list box (VBA form)
Hi. I have a sheet with 10 data columns with titles like product id, product name, stock, price etc. I have named the range of titels col_titles. When I try to assign col_titles as the Row source of a list box in a VBA form, the titles will not show in a list, but appears when I set the colum count to 10... Is there a easy way to transpose a named range, so it will fit as a Row source for a list box? Alternative, could anyone give me the correct VBA code to popultae a listbox based on a horizontal "array" of column titles in a sheet? Any hints appreciated Kind regards Mr. S...

Delete Queries from an Unmatched query
I have a table called Calls table and a table called calls table completed. I have a unmatched query to find the records in Call Table that do not have a record in the calls completed table. Those that do not have a record in the calls complete table i want to be able to delete as the calls get old. Is there a way to do a delete query off an unmatched query? Thanks for your help in advance. Lisa and I did try this here is my sql DELETE [Calls Table].*, [Calls Table].ID, [Calls Table].CONTACT_DT, [Calls Table Completed].ID FROM [Calls Table] LEFT JOIN [Calls Table Completed] ON [C...

data validation fonts differ in drop down box
I am using Excel 2003. I have a group of cells with a data validation "list". That list contains 3 options -- check mark, "X", and "box" -- in Webdings. When you click the drop down box to make a selection the options are in alpha-numeric characters (Arial font(?)) and not Webdings. So my "check mark" becomes an "a" and my "X" becomes an "r". How can I get the drop down box to display the same font as the one in the list? Both the drop down box cells and the "list" cells are formatted with the...

Multiple criteria #3
I was looking for help with the following code. I would like to count the agents hired after 2002 and were hired directly Dim hiretype As Text Dim agntct As Integer Dim dbs As Database, rst As Recordset hiretype = "Direct" agntct = DCount("[Agent Hire Date]", "tblAgentdetail", "[Hire Type]= '" & hiretype & "' and [Hire Date]> #12/31/2002# ") ' Return reference to current database.D Set dbs = CurrentDb ' Open table-type Recordset object. Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset("TestAG") rst.AddNe...

Is it bad to terminate Check Links on started???
Is it a bad idea to terminate Check Links once it has started by doing a "hard-close" of Great Plains by Task Manager (Ctrl Alt Delete)?? From the Process Monitor in GP, I am able to "Suspend" or Pause the Checklinks Process, but I am note able to "Remove" or delete it. I'd already started the checklinks process but without doing a database backup first, so I want to be on safe side and stop the Checklinks Process. The only way I could think of is to "hard-close" out of GP. But is a bad idea to terminate a checklinks this way? Can this lead to...

OLAP filters from cells
Hi, not sure if my title makes sense, but I have a spreadsheet that has multiple pivot tables accessing the same cube. I want to apply the same filter to all pivot tables, preferably from a cell on a different worksheet. I am realitvely inexperienced with Excel, but do not seem to be able to find a reference to this functionality on the web. It may be that I am asking the wrong questions. The version of Excel is 2007 and I am connecting to SQL 2008 Analysis services. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks Jason Will all of the pivot have the same filter built in a...

DMAX with Criteria
Is there a way to add criteria to the expression that creates my serial numbers? Me![TxID] = Format(DMax("[TxID]", "[tblMyTable]") + 1, "0000") I want the next number in the series to be based on a category field on the form. which will be matched to a ctegory field in MyTable. In other words: The user allocates the record to a Category and clicks a button to return the next available number in the series for that category. This will result in duplicate numbers in the Seriel Number Field, but this is not my Primary Key, (I am using an Autonumbe...

AND on 2 fields along with other criteria in query
Hello New to Access and trying to figure out a problem with an AND test I have a database with 4 fields called A B C D Field A Must =1 (no problem with this) Field D Must > 1 (Again no problem) Fields B & C can be any number including zero, as long as BOTH fields are not zero. If I search using the criteria for fields A & D only, I find 390 records. If I search with criteria that says show me if both are zero, (B=0, C=0 on the criteria line, along with the other criteria) it shows me the 4 or so suspect records that have a zero in BOTH fields. If I use the opposite, and...

Create a list with multiple criteria

Hitting Enter Twice in the Find and Replace Dialogue Box
in a single form in ms access, i have a combo box with a row source type of "table/query". I have a command button that users hit to find part numbers. the code behind the button is: [Part Number].SetFocus sendKeys "^f" The find and replace dialogue box comes up. the user has to enter the part number twice before it searches the control. Any ideas? Docmd.findrecord hasn't been working for me Assuming your combo is a list of part numbers and you want to make the selected part number's record the current record, the normal way to do that is with the combo'...

IIF function for 3 criteria, possible?
Hello, I am trying to do a query where I need a result based on 3 criteria, but not sure how to do it. in written term would be like this for a new fields (column in query). 1) If OprStat = 1 and StartDate < today date, return "LateN" 2) If OprStat = 3 and StartDate < today date, return "LateM" 3) If does not fall into (1) & (2) condition, return "OnTime" Sample Data: Order OprStat StartDate 1110 1 4/1/2010 1111 1 4/12/2010 1112 3 4/2/2010 Results: assuming current...

Search folder criteria
I am using Outlook 2007. How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? Is there a reason why "KSC" cannot not be assigned "Sports" catagory? Melissa wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007. > How can I customise my search folder to filter messages that contain "KSC" > in subject OR belong to "Sports" category? ...

Add some filter to the forum
Hi, The forum is really great, a lot of people do help and I got a lot of problems solved here! Thank you! but I very often have troubles to find a solution a second time, when I didn't make notes for it. A date filter and perhaps some other fields would really help I think ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

Calc staff vacation time based on more than 1 criteria
I would like to calculate on a daily basis, accumulated vacation time based on the following criteria: Total daily hours (work and leave taken) Hours must fall on a week day Entitlement hours from another spreadsheet that are based on employee seniority and regular shift hours. 'Sheet1' in my 'Book1.xls' looks like this: A2:A372 Day of the week (starting with Sunday in A2) B2:B372 Date beginning with April 1, 2010 C2:C372 Explanation (if necessary) D2:D372 Work day 1 = it's a workday, blank = not a workday E2:E372 Paid Daily Total F2:F372 Worked hours ...

Remove filter in worksheets before running code
How do I include all sheets in a workbook when running the following: If ActiveSheet.FilterMode Then ActiveSheet.ShowAllData End If Thanks Hi, Sub Show_All() For x = 1 To Worksheets.Count If Sheets(x).FilterMode Then Sheets(x).ShowAllData End If Next End Sub Mike "gootroots" wrote: > How do I include all sheets in a workbook when running the following: > > If ActiveSheet.FilterMode Then > ActiveSheet.ShowAllData > End If > > Thanks Hi Mike It's stalling on X when put into the ...

Connecting Text Box in Query Criteria
I have created a Select query for retrieving some particular Date Records from a table using the BETWEEN expression in query criteria bymentioning the From Date and To Date and it’s working fine. Each time I don’t want to open the query and enter the From Date and To Date, so I want to create TWO Unbound text box in Forms for entering the From Date and To Date and nearby the text box I am having a command button to run the query. Now I want to know how I can connect the Two Unbound Text Boxes that is From Date and TO_DATE which is created in Forms in the Select Query (BETW...

Queries to import data from Access
If I change the drive location of an Access database from which I am importing data into an Excel workbook (I set the query up using the Microsoft Query wizard), I get the following error message: "ODBC Microsoft Access Driver login failed: Could not find file 'xxxx\xxxx\xxxx.mdb'" Is there any way to get round this without having to delete my queries and reimport them from the database in the new location? FYI - I use Excel & Access 2000. -- R Ormerod hi, yes there is. you will have to change the file path in the MSQ. to do that, bring the query up in design m...

Filter a Drop List ?
I have Range of cells that all have drop downs with a list of names in them - these come from a named range n another sheet. Is there a way to filter this list so that I can have the name appear in the drop down based on a criteria. The list is a staff list - I want to maintain the source of the drop down with all names, but limit choice to those available now - these can be marked with a 1 or something in the cell next to them, something like that. So the Drop Down contains a subset of a Range called StaffList Hope that is clear Thanks See: http://www.contextur...

Single Singn on to Exchange Mail Boxes
Hello, My site currently runs MS CRM 4.0, Active Directory and MS Exchange server for mail and calendar. We do have a rather strict password policies, where the users are to change their domain password every 60 days. In most cases, the users, 'forget' to also change the password in the CRM to access the Exchange their mail boxes, expecting single sign on as with most of the other miscrosoft software, which every 2 months causes lots of support issues (like workflows not completing, and mail router not being able to access their mail boxes). Is there a way to automate that the ...

hide a text box in a continuous form
I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Using Conditional Formatting, evalaute the state of the field bound to the CheckBox to set the Background color of the TextBox to match that of the Background color of the form. You might have to set the Disabled prop via CF as well. There is sample code showing one wat to accomplish this here: http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm A2K or Higher Only! New Feb 08,2002...

Concatenation query
Hi Again I must be getting lazy as I keep coming back to this group! I have three columns of records that have lots of duplicates in the first two columns. I need to find a formula or code that will concatenate the last column's records. To give you a better idea here is a sample of the records: Abrahams Bay 258 - 259 G2 Abruzzi Glacier 202 - 203 B3 Absolum Creek 148 - 149 H4 Acheron Lakes 222 - 223 F2 Acheron Passage 230 - 231 D3 Acheron River 176 - 177 D3 Acheron River 152 - 153 E4 Acheron River 152 - 153 F3 Acheron River 152 - 153 G2 Acheron River 144 - 145 E5 Ach...

Check numbering
When printing checks we reached check number 9999. However, the system started over with check number 0001 instead of advancing to 10000. Can someone explain how to fix this without manually only printing to 9999 and then changing the check number in the checkbook screen before printing the rest? ...