Creating a sum to include a particular day plus the previous 7 days

I need to create a total on a report that sums hours from one day with
the previous 7 days for each day of the month. I will also group this
by driver, quarter and month.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Justin
0
Justin

How about providing significant information such as field names, sample
records, and desired display?

Duane Hookom
MS Access MVP

"Justin" <warpdrive78@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I need to create a total on a report that sums hours from one day with
> the previous 7 days for each day of the month. I will also group this
> by driver, quarter and month.
>
> Thanks in advance for your time and effort.
>
> Justin

0
Duane
1/21/2010 2:35:31 PM
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 05:43:41 -0800 (PST), Justin <warpdrive78@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I need to create a total on a report that sums hours from one day with
>the previous 7 days for each day of the month. I will also group this
>by driver, quarter and month.
>
>Thanks in advance for your time and effort.
>
>Justin

You can do this by creating an appropriate query for your table structure.

If you would like help doing so please post some information about that
structure, and perhaps an example of a couple of rows of the data. An example
of what you mean by "previous 7 days for each day" would help too - it's not
clear to me what this means.

--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
On Jan 21, 9:35=A0am, "Duane Hookom" <duanehoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How about providing significant information such as field names, sample
> records, and desired display?
>
> Duane Hookom
> MS Access MVP
>
> "Justin" <warpdriv...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I need to create a total on a report that sums hours from one day with
> > the previous 7 days for each day of the month. I will also group this
> > by driver, quarter and month.
>
> > Thanks in advance for your time and effort.
>
> > Justin

The table I am using has four fields:
ID, autonumber, Hours_ID, foreign key to another table, Hours_Date,
Date/Time and Hours, Number, Single

I need the report to group on Drivers(foreign key connects to this
table), date by quarter and by month. Under each month I need to show
the date in one column and the daily  hours in another column. Then I
need another column to sum the daily hours from a particular day
through the previous seven days. Each page will show an entire
quarters worth of data for each driver. I have created a report that
shows the data the way I want it to, but getting the sum mentioned is
stumping me.

The form I am using lists the drivers in the main form and the subform
lists the Hours_ID, Hours_Date and Hours. I am entering the date and
daily hours in the subform for each driver.

I hope that this is enough information to enable you to help me.

Thanks again
Justin
0
Justin
1/21/2010 6:44:47 PM
Do the hours from the previous 7 days include all drivers or does each driver
have their own previous 7 days.

I would probably calculate this in the report's record source query using a
subquery.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

On Jan 21, 6:24=A0pm, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com>
wrote:
> Do the hours from the previous 7 days include all drivers or does each dr=
iver
> have their own previous 7 days.
>
> I would probably calculate this in the report's record source query using=
> subquery.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> "Justin" wrote:
> > On Jan 21, 9:35 am, "Duane Hookom" <duanehoo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > How about providing significant information such as field names, samp=
le
> > > records, and desired display?
>
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > MS Access MVP
>
> > > "Justin" <warpdriv...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > The table I am using has four fields:
> > ID, autonumber, Hours_ID, foreign key to another table, Hours_Date,
> > Date/Time and Hours, Number, Single
>
> > I need the report to group on Drivers(foreign key connects to this
> > table), date by quarter and by month. Under each month I need to show
> > the date in one column and the daily =A0hours in another column. Then I
> > need another column to sum the daily hours from a particular day
> > through the previous seven days. Each page will show an entire
> > quarters worth of data for each driver. I have created a report that
> > shows the data the way I want it to, but getting the sum mentioned is
> > stumping me.
>
> > The form I am using lists the drivers in the main form and the subform
> > lists the Hours_ID, Hours_Date and Hours. I am entering the date and
> > daily hours in the subform for each driver.
>
> > I hope that this is enough information to enable you to help me.
>
> > Thanks again
> > Justin
> > .

Duane, the previous 7 days would be for each driver. I tried using
DateAdd, but it only returns todays date plus the previous 7 days. I
need for this calculation to be from any date. Perhaps you can suggest
something for the subquery.
Thanks

Justin
0
Justin
1/22/2010 7:10:26 PM
Assuming Hours_ID is the driver link, I would try create a query like the
following to see if the numbers are accurate.

SELECT ID, Hours_ID, Hours_Date, Hours,
(SELECT SUM(Hours)
 FROM [NoNameGiven] t
 WHERE t.Hours_ID = NoNameGiven.Hours_ID AND
 t.Hours_Date BETWEEN NoNameGiven.Hours_Date - 7 and
   NoNameGiven.Hours_Date) As HoursLast7
FROM NoNameGiven;

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

On Jan 22, 5:51=A0pm, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com>
wrote:
> Assuming Hours_ID is the driver link, I would try create a query like the
> following to see if the numbers are accurate.
>
> SELECT ID, Hours_ID, Hours_Date, Hours,
> (SELECT SUM(Hours)
> =A0FROM [NoNameGiven] t
> =A0WHERE t.Hours_ID =3D NoNameGiven.Hours_ID AND
> =A0t.Hours_Date BETWEEN NoNameGiven.Hours_Date - 7 and
> =A0 =A0NoNameGiven.Hours_Date) As HoursLast7
> FROM NoNameGiven;
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> "Justin" wrote:
> > On Jan 21, 6:24 pm, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Do the hours from the previous 7 days include all drivers or does eac=
h driver
> > > have their own previous 7 days.
>
> > > I would probably calculate this in the report's record source query u=
sing a
> > > subquery.
>
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

> > Duane, the previous 7 days would be for each driver. I tried using
> > DateAdd, but it only returns todays date plus the previous 7 days. I
> > need for this calculation to be from any date. Perhaps you can suggest
> > something for the subquery.
> > Thanks
>
> > Justin
> > .

Thanks, Duane. I've been away from work for a few days, but I will
give your suggestion a try in a few days.

Justin
0
Justin
1/31/2010 1:20:52 AM
On Jan 30, 8:20=A0pm, Justin <warpdriv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 22, 5:51=A0pm, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Assuming Hours_ID is the driver link, I would try create a query like t=
he
> > following to see if the numbers are accurate.
>
> > SELECT ID, Hours_ID, Hours_Date, Hours,
> > (SELECT SUM(Hours)
> > =A0FROM [NoNameGiven] t
> > =A0WHERE t.Hours_ID =3D NoNameGiven.Hours_ID AND
> > =A0t.Hours_Date BETWEEN NoNameGiven.Hours_Date - 7 and
> > =A0 =A0NoNameGiven.Hours_Date) As HoursLast7
> > FROM NoNameGiven;
>
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
>
> > "Justin" wrote:

Then I

> > > Duane, the previous 7 days would be for each driver. I tried using
> > > DateAdd, but it only returns todays date plus the previous 7 days. I
> > > need for this calculation to be from any date. Perhaps you can sugges=
> > > something for the subquery.
> > > Thanks
>
> > > Justin
> > > .
>
> Thanks, Duane. I've been away from work for a few days, but I will
> give your suggestion a try in a few days.
>
> Justin

That did the trick, Duane. Thanks a million.
0
Justin

create a roster

Sum Across Tabs
Trying to sum col. C on all the tabs. Can do the =sum(c:c) on ONE tab. but trying to get all 12 added is mystery. Tried holding down shift key from first to last and it did not work. What, pray tell, am I doing wrong.. Starting to get to me now.. =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet12!C:C) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:25:05 -0500, "JLMcCabes" <JLMcCabes@cfl.rr.com> wrote: >Trying to sum col. C on all the tabs. Can do the =sum(c:c) on ONE tab. >but trying to get all 12 added is mystery. Tried holding down shift key >from first to l...

So many Tunnel Adapters
Hi, I understand that Tunnel Adapter LAN is for encapsulating IPv6 packets with an IPv4 header so that they can be sent across an IPv4 network. Few queries popped up in my mind based on this :- 1. Why is the numbering for the Tunnel adapter LAN not sequential ? It is like 6,7,12,13,14,15,16. A strange numbering scheme ?! I tried to figure it out by thinking of some arithmetic series. But, it does not seem to fit in. There is a huge gap between 7 and 12. Any ideas ? 2. What is the need for so many number of Tunnel Adapter LAN connection ? Can you tell me a scenario that re...

How do I include more Help options for really inexperienced users?
Things like on the forms (beside each label), how can i include a question mark symbol that, when the mouse hovers over it, shows the format needed for the data that should be input? e.g. contact number - 028 90 000000 You can easily do this with the Control Tip Text property. Open your form in design view and select the control which you want to show the format for. Open properties and go to the Other tab. Type in your example format in the Control Tip Text property. Steve santus@penn.com "laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57...

Task Create - Status

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

problem with mails coming back every day
Hello, Every day, every user receive a couple of reundant emails in their mailbox. How to stop that. Why messages do not simply disapear when read and deleted ? Thanks On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 12:38:26 +0200, "lmarot" <l.marot@mywanadoo.fr> wrote: >Hello, > >Every day, every user receive a couple of reundant emails in their mailbox. >How to stop that. > >Why messages do not simply disapear when read and deleted ? > >Thanks > Are these always the same messages and where did the messages come from. Could be that you have messages in some loop or st...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

Calendar in Bills Summary MS Money Plus Deluxe
I have MS Money Plus Deluxe and in the Bills Summary page my calendar will not show. I have the "Show Calendar" check box checked. It show the current date on the right side ( 9/17/2007 ). Thanks in advance. ...

How to create Access macro shortcut

How do I not include empty cell value chart labels in pie charts?
I have a pie chart where some of the cell values are zero, but the chart will include all the labels. It makes the pie chart look too cluttered. How can I not include zero value or blank cell values from appearring in the labels. When I go to "tools", "options", and "chart", the "plot empty cells as" area is shaded grey and I can not select options. Hi, If it's just the data labels then try a custom number format. Here are a few examples. 0;;; 0%;;; 0.0%;;; If you want the zero items removed from the pie have a look at this. ...

Creating an ad book

Access unable to create an MDE

create a database from which bibliography an be created
How do I create a database from which a bibliography can be added to the end of a Word document? I used the program RefManager, but that is too expensive for me to update. Does Word 2003 have such a program? Thanks Not natively. Have you checked your academic institution? They might have campus licenses which students can use at home. You could give Zotero a spin (www.zotero.org). Personally, I don't like it, but that's just me. Word 2007 comes with referencing capabilities, but they are limited in functionality. Anything special you want, you would have to add i...

Error creating activities from Cases
Hi I have an out of the box SBS 2003 CRM Setup I have installed Rollup1 and the new help files Under about MS CRM it has CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0) When we try and create activies from within a case, we get the following to errors in the event log We can create the activities just fromthe main web client menu ok The same thing happens in the outlook client (OL 2003, Exchange 2003) I found some links to verabose stuff, but they all applied to the have MS CRM setup on multiple server. We have tried it with and without Outlook open Anyhelp appreciated Event Type: Error Event Source: MSC...

Window Security (GP 7.5)
Hello, I would like to limit access to a specific window. I am trying to remove some user access from the Customer Maintenance Options window. This can be accessed using the Options button on the Customer Maintenance window. I cannot find this window listed in the Security Setup window as other windows are. Is it even possible to set access rights to this window? Thanks, -- Jessie Try using By Dictionary in Advanced Security. I don't know if the subwindow can be controlled but the By Dictionary option might give you the granularity you need. -- Charles Allen, MVP "J...