create one table from six queries

I have an excel report which draws data from access. The excel table looks
like this:
Each project is reviewed by two people

Reviewer Name | Reviewer1 | Reviewer2 | Total last 12 months
AA                      x                y                   x+y

This is repeated for 3 months and 1 month (so the querry uses a date between
to work that out)
x is a create-tabel query and so is y. I want to create one table for these
queries (in total 6 per reviewer) and import that table into excel. I would
also need to add the reviewer 1 and 2 in the table so as to import it in one
go.

Can you help on how to create a table from these six queries, or is there
another way of doing this?

Let me know if you need further clarification

Please post the SQL for the six queries

-Dorian

"F0zziebear" wrote:

> I have an excel report which draws data from access. The excel table looks
> like this:
> Each project is reviewed by two people
>
> Reviewer Name | Reviewer1 | Reviewer2 | Total last 12 months
> AA                      x                y                   x+y
>
> This is repeated for 3 months and 1 month (so the querry uses a date between
> to work that out)
> x is a create-tabel query and so is y. I want to create one table for these
> queries (in total 6 per reviewer) and import that table into excel. I would
> also need to add the reviewer 1 and 2 in the table so as to import it in one
> go.
>
> Can you help on how to create a table from these six queries, or is there
> another way of doing this?
>
> Let me know if you need further clarification
Query1
SELECT Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer1 INTO [CS RV1 31]
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"31") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1)="CS"));

Query2
SELECT Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer1 INTO [CS RV2 31]
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"31") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));

Query3
SELECT Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer1 INTO [CS RV1 90]
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"90") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1)="CS"));

Query4
SELECT Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer1 INTO [CS RV2 90]
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"90") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));

Query5
SELECT Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer1 INTO [CS RV1 365]
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"365") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1)="CS"));

Query6
SELECT Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2) AS CountOfReviewer2 INTO [CS RV2 365]
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"365") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));

Please note that queries 1,3,5 come from the same column in the table, but
use different date ranges, and the same applies for queries 2,4,6

I then also want to add queries 1&2,3&4,5&6 to create 3 columns which I will
then import into an excel sheet which I use for reporting.

I hope this is enough information, otherwise please ask for more. I am self
taught and therefore have limited knowledge so please try and explain any
IT/techny SQL type language to guide me through.

Many thanks in advance

F0zz
"mscertified" wrote:

> Please post the SQL for the six queries
>
> -Dorian
>
> "F0zziebear" wrote:
>
> > I have an excel report which draws data from access. The excel table looks
> > like this:
> > Each project is reviewed by two people
> >
> > Reviewer Name | Reviewer1 | Reviewer2 | Total last 12 months
> > AA                      x                y                   x+y
> >
> > This is repeated for 3 months and 1 month (so the querry uses a date between
> > to work that out)
> > x is a create-tabel query and so is y. I want to create one table for these
> > queries (in total 6 per reviewer) and import that table into excel. I would
> > also need to add the reviewer 1 and 2 in the table so as to import it in one
> > go.
> >
> > Can you help on how to create a table from these six queries, or is there
> > another way of doing this?
> >
> > Let me know if you need further clarification
Your 6 queries are creating 6  tables (named in the INTO clauses). If you
want them all to go into the SAME table you will need a way to distinguish
which data is which (I added a new column to the front of each query) also
made the second column the same name in each query, you can then use UNION
clause to combine all the queries into one. Something like:

SELECT "CSRV131" As CSType, Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"31") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1)="CS"));

UNION
SELECT "CSRV231" As CSType, Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"31") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));

UNION
SELECT "CSRV190" As CSType, Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"90") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1)="CS"));

UNION
SELECT "CSRV290" As CSType, Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"90") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));

UNION
SELECT "CSRV1365" As CSType, Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"365") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1)="CS"));

UNION
SELECT "CSRV2365" As CSType, Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2) AS CountOfReviewer
FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
PROJECTS.[Project name]
HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"365") AND
((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));

You can then create another make table query reading in the above query:
SELECT * FROM AboveQuery INTO [MyTable]

Hope this is something like what you needed.

-Dorian

"F0zziebear" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > "F0zziebear" wrote:
> >
> > > I have an excel report which draws data from access. The excel table looks
> > > like this:
> > > Each project is reviewed by two people
> > >
> > > Reviewer Name | Reviewer1 | Reviewer2 | Total last 12 months
> > > AA                      x                y                   x+y
> > >
> > > This is repeated for 3 months and 1 month (so the querry uses a date between
> > > to work that out)
> > > x is a create-tabel query and so is y. I want to create one table for these
> > > queries (in total 6 per reviewer) and import that table into excel. I would
> > > also need to add the reviewer 1 and 2 in the table so as to import it in one
> > > go.
> > >
> > > Can you help on how to create a table from these six queries, or is there
> > > another way of doing this?
> > >
> > > Let me know if you need further clarification
Dorian,

I will give it a go on Monday and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the
help in the meantime

F0zz

"mscertified" wrote:

> [...]
> > ((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1)="CS"));
> >
> > Query6
> > SELECT Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2) AS CountOfReviewer2 INTO [CS RV2 365]
> > FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
> > PROJECTS.[Project name]
> > HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"365") AND
> > ((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));
> >
> > Please note that queries 1,3,5 come from the same column in the table, but
> > use different date ranges, and the same applies for queries 2,4,6
> >
> > I then also want to add queries 1&2,3&4,5&6 to create 3 columns which I will
> > then import into an excel sheet which I use for reporting.
> >
> > I hope this is enough information, otherwise please ask for more. I am self
> > taught and therefore have limited knowledge so please try and explain any
> > IT/techny SQL type language to guide me through.

Had a chance to run the scrip and it works. However, a couple of problems.

When I came to import the data into excel the following message comes up:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access driver] Too few parameters. Expected 10.
comes up, Do you know why this is happening? And how I can resolve this?

Secondly I ideally want to create a table/data to import that looks like this

Column1                        Column2                    Column3
CSRV1365+CSRV2365    CSRV190+CSRV290    CSRV131+CSRV231

Hope you can help as I don't really understand SQL yet

Many thanks

F0zz

"F0zziebear" wrote:

> [...]
> > > ((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1)="CS"));
> > >
> > > Query6
> > > SELECT Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2) AS CountOfReviewer2 INTO [CS RV2 365]
> > > FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
> > > PROJECTS.[Project name]
> > > HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"365") AND
> > > ((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));
> > >
> > > Please note that queries 1,3,5 come from the same column in the table, but
> > > use different date ranges, and the same applies for queries 2,4,6
> > >
> > > I then also want to add queries 1&2,3&4,5&6 to create 3 columns which I will
> > > then import into an excel sheet which I use for reporting.
> > >
> > > I hope this is enough information, otherwise please ask for more. I am self
> > > taught and therefore have limited knowledge so please try and explain any
> > > IT/techny SQL type language to guide me through.

(1) No idea, sounds like an Excel issue not Access
(2) Combine each pair of queries into one as follows:
UNION
> > SELECT "CSRV1365" As CSType, Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer
> > FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
> > PROJECTS.[Project name]
> > HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"365") AND
> > ((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1)="CS" OR HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));

So you will end up with 3 queries being UNIONed instead of 6.
-Dorian

"F0zziebear" wrote:

> [...]
> > > ((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));
> > >
> > > UNION
> > > SELECT "CSRV1365" As CSType, Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer
> > > FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
> > > PROJECTS.[Project name]
> > > HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"365") AND
> > > ((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1)="CS"));
> > >
> > > UNION
> > > SELECT "CSRV2365" As CSType, Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2) AS CountOfReviewer
> > > FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
> > > PROJECTS.[Project name]
> > > HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"365") AND
> > > ((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));
> > >
> > > You can then create another make table query reading in the above query:
> > > SELECT * FROM AboveQuery INTO [MyTable]
> > >
> > > Hope this is something like what you needed.

Syntax error
It's saying there is an extra ) in the expression. I've tried various
combinations but it isn't liking your new script. Can you see where the error
is?

F0zz

"mscertified" wrote:

> (1) No idea, sounds like an Excel issue not Access
> (2) Combine each pair of queries into one as follows:
> UNION
> > > SELECT "CSRV1365" As CSType, Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) AS CountOfReviewer
> > > FROM HEALTHCHECKS INNER JOIN PROJECTS ON HEALTHCHECKS.[Project name] =
> > > PROJECTS.[Project name]
> > > HAVING (((HEALTHCHECKS.[Actual Date]) Between Date() And Date()-"365") AND
> > > ((HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1)="CS" OR HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2)="CS"));
> > >
> So you will end up with 3 queries being UNIONed instead of 6.
> -Dorian
>
> "F0zziebear" wrote:
>
> > Dorian,
> >
> > Had a chance to run the scrip and it works. However, a couple of problems.
> >
> > When I came to import the data into excel the following message comes up:
> > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access driver] Too few parameters. Expected 10.
> > comes up, Do you know why this is happening? And how I can resolve this?
> >
> > Secondly I ideally want to create a table/data to import that looks like this
> >
> > Column1                        Column2                    Column3
> > CSRV1365+CSRV2365    CSRV190+CSRV290    CSRV131+CSRV231
> >
> > Hope you can help as I don't really understand SQL yet
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > F0zz
> >
> > "F0zziebear" wrote:
> >
> > > Dorian,
> > >
> > > I will give it a go on Monday and let you know how I get on. Thanks for the
> > > help in the meantime
> > >
> > > F0zz

Dorian,

i have worked out that there was a brack missing in front of the 2nd
healthcheck expression. Is it possible to design how the information creates
a table as the 3 queries would relate to one person and I want to create a
table for about 17 people

Yours

F0zz

"F0zziebear" wrote:

> Dorian,
>
> Syntax error
> It's saying there is an extra ) in the expression. I've tried various
> combinations but it isn't liking your new script. Can you see where the error
> is?
>
> F0zz
>
> "mscertified" wrote:
>
> > (1) No idea, sounds like an Excel issue not Access
> > (2) Combine each pair of queries into one as follows:
> > UNION
> > > >
> > So you will end up with 3 queries being UNIONed instead of 6.
> > -Dorian
> >
> > "F0zziebear" wrote:
> >
> > > Dorian,
> > >
> > > Had a chance to run the scrip and it works. However, a couple of problems.
> > >
> > > When I came to import the data into excel the following message comes up:
> > > [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access driver] Too few parameters. Expected 10.
> > > comes up, Do you know why this is happening? And how I can resolve this?
> > >
> > > Secondly I ideally want to create a table/data to import that looks like this
> > >
> > > Column1                        Column2                    Column3
> > > CSRV1365+CSRV2365    CSRV190+CSRV290    CSRV131+CSRV231
> > >
> > > Hope you can help as I don't really understand SQL yet
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> > >
> > > F0zz

Sorry about the syntax error, I'm not sure how that happened. I can see
another problem with what I gave you. The 'Count' clause is counting a
specific reviewer and I did not change it in all cases. If you want both
counts added you will have to change each 'Count' clause to:

Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer1) + Count(HEALTHCHECKS.Reviewer2) AS
CountOfReviewer

The whole way this is set up assumes there will be 2 and only 2 reviewers.
Of course, that is a terrible design. It might be better to do the counting
in Excel after you have exported the data.
When you say 17 people, do you mean 17 reviewers?
If so, you dont want a column for each reviewer, you want one column for the
count and one column for the reviewer name. So you get each reviewers count
in the same column.

-Dorian

"F0zziebear" wrote:

> Dorian,
>
> i have worked out that there was a brack missing in front of the 2nd
> healthcheck expression. Is it possible to design how the information creates
> a table as the 3 queries would relate to one person and I want to create a
> table for about 17 people
>
> Yours
>
> F0zz
>
> "F0zziebear" wrote:
>
> > Dorian,
> >
> > Syntax error
> > It's saying there is an extra ) in the expression. I've tried various
> > combinations but it isn't liking your new script. Can you see where the error
> > is?
> >
> > F0zz
> >
> > "mscertified" wrote:
> >
> > > (1) No idea, sounds like an Excel issue not Access
> > > (2) Combine each pair of queries into one as follows:
> > > UNION
> > > > >
> > > So you will end up with 3 queries being UNIONed instead of 6.
> > > -Dorian

how to use one exchange mailbox on home and work pc's
anyone know how i can make my home pc's outlook popup task reminders that only have a specific category e.g. "Home"? i connect to my works exchange server thru a vpn. ...

OLE notes for sales order attaches to more than one order
I am attaching an OLE note to a sales order. After I do this, the note appears on about 10 different sales orders at the same time. If you delete the note from any of the orders, it deletes it from all of the orders. Order numbers are not sequential, not the same customers, not the same sales batch, etc. I can't see any common factor in this particular group of orders. We have been running GP 7.5 for about three years, and never had a problem with notes until recently. The note index value is the same in SOP10100. There is a knowledgebase article on how to update the notes mas...

create a roster

Inserting a paragraph from one word
How can i insert a paragraph when I type in just one word. i.e. type in cycledim and that would be replaced with a description of what cycledim is. Thanks Create an AutoCorrect entry that replaces "cycledim" with whatever text you want. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PawlingJohn" <PawlingJohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8638BE82-BCDA-4AC9-AEB3-248CEF7E2606@microsoft.com... > How can i insert a paragraph when I type in just one word. i.e. type in > cycledim and that would be replaced with a description of what ...

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

Task Create - Status

Join query
I have a table that has the list of parts that go on a shop order to create a part. On the table "Requirement_Details" I am selecting the Order, and the Current Due Date. The table Transaction_History tells me the dates something was Issued to the Order by the Transaction Code "I". My problem is that I am looking for the last day that something was issued to the shop order so if I select the MAX(dbo.Transaction_History.TNXDTE_15) as below and nothing has been issued yet the query does not return Null or for this field. I just don't get any records. ...

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

Splitting one table into multiple tables/tabs
Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me split a table into multiple tables or tabs. If I have a table of 20 customers with various transactions over time all in one table. I'd like to know if it's possible to seperate the table into multiple tables based on the change in customer number and have them broken into multiple tabs without manually creating each tab and then cut and pasting. I really appreciate any help! Thanks! ...

Convert two separate Word documents into one
Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word document into one (two page) document? HELP> In news:B5526982-84F0-4552-A34F-7F72AB3DADDC@microsoft.com, CAOWEN <CAOWEN@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Anybody know how to merge/convert two separate (one page) Word > document into one (two page) document? > > HELP> Open one of them. PUt the cursor at the very bottom (CTRL-END keys works well for that). Click Insert File. Save the resulting combined file to a NEW NAME to avoid losing either of the two originals. HTH, Twayne ...

Create external database

tabls in GP90 database
Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. thanks Within the program itself, Tools > Resource Descriptions Also, there are ERD's on the distribution CD's that you got when you purchased or upgraded the system - you have to install the SDK to get at them. -- Lyle U Adam Clark wrote: > Does anyone know or have a description or documenation on the tables > in the database for GP90? Maybe all I need is the important ones. > > thanks ...

How to create pie chart with %

Web query financial data into chart
Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1 minute. I like to plot this rate versus time over this period. How can I realize that? regards, Louis -- loconel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821 You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic defined name for the gra...

when form created

Creating a Brochure

Publisher with Super Office SIX
I shall make email newsletter with Publisher and would like to import names from Super Office SIX (as I can do with Outlook). Does anybody know if i can get the Super Office command bar in Publisher? In outlook there is something called COM and Super office mail link and so on.. Have you read the documentation that comes with SuperOffice SIX? Is it a database program? What formats does it use? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Martin SO SIX" <Martin SO SIX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

How to create Access macro shortcut

how would I write this criteria for a query?
I have three fields that I want to base a criteria on: Received Date/Time, Date Approved and Date Rejected The way I wrote the criteria is as follow: LagTime: [Received Date/Time] - [Date Approve] This works if there is a date in the "Date Approve" field but if there isn't a date in the field nothing comes back. What I would like for it to do is pull the date from the "Date Rejected" field and calculate the lagtime from there. What do I need to add to my expression to do this? On 6 Sep, 20:14, Jerry Whittle <JerryWhit...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...