create dropdown based on all people Not selectedyet to work onWork

I have a dropdown based on all employee.  Once the person is Scheduled to
work on a given Workdate (of the record I am Sitting on ) field Name is
workdate I would like that name to be eliminated from the dropdown

when to new workdate- would LIke drop down to show All People Not scheduled
yet for that Given record(workdate that is active)  I am seting up a query
(recordset) for the dropdown but not sure what to put in the criteria for
workdate

<>[workdate]

get No records or do I reference the Control on the subform the???
me!subformname???  not sure of correct syntax???

Thanks,
Barb

"How" depends on "what" ... and you haven't really described your data
structure in much detail.

A generic (lack of detail) approach would be to store all
Employee_Scheduled_On_Workdate data in a table, so that you can run a query
on All Employees_Not_In_Your_Scheduled_Employees table.

You'd do this by first getting all employees, then using an unmatched query
to find which ones are not scheduled.  That provides your combobox a list of
(remaining) candidates.

You'll still need a way to limit the list to a particular date/time range.

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a dropdown based on all employee.  Once the person is Scheduled to
> work on a given Workdate (of the record I am Sitting on ) field Name is
> workdate I would like that name to be eliminated from the dropdown
>
> when to new workdate- would LIke drop down to show All People Not
> scheduled
> yet for that Given record(workdate that is active)  I am seting up a query
> (recordset) for the dropdown but not sure what to put in the criteria for
> workdate
>
> <>[workdate]
>
> get No records or do I reference the Control on the subform the???
> me!subformname???  not sure of correct syntax???
>
> Thanks,
> Barb

0
Jeff
3/12/2010 11:51:54 PM
Yes,  I am doing what you  have said above -but don't know how to handle the
for the current DATE of the record I am presently ON

>You'll still need a way to limit the list to a particular date/time range.

Do you have any ideas for this??? do I handle the date in the unmatched
query?? and what syntax -- my field name is workdate???

thanks,
barb

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> "How" depends on "what" ... and you haven't really described your data
> structure in much detail.
>
> A generic (lack of detail) approach would be to store all
> Employee_Scheduled_On_Workdate data in a table, so that you can run a query
> on All Employees_Not_In_Your_Scheduled_Employees table.
>
> You'd do this by first getting all employees, then using an unmatched query
> to find which ones are not scheduled.  That provides your combobox a list of
> (remaining) candidates.
>
> You'll still need a way to limit the list to a particular date/time range.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
>
> --
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.

> guarantee as to suitability.

> possible/necessary.
>
> "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a dropdown based on all employee.  Once the person is Scheduled to
> > work on a given Workdate (of the record I am Sitting on ) field Name is
> > workdate I would like that name to be eliminated from the dropdown
> >
> > when to new workdate- would LIke drop down to show All People Not
> > scheduled
> > yet for that Given record(workdate that is active)  I am seting up a query
> > (recordset) for the dropdown but not sure what to put in the criteria for
> > workdate
> >
> > <>[workdate]
> >
> > get No records or do I reference the Control on the subform the???
> > me!subformname???  not sure of correct syntax???
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Barb
>

> .

Again, since we're not there, you'll have to give us a bit more to work
with.

What is the SQL statement of the query you are using?

> Yes,  I am doing what you  have said above -but don't know how to handle
> the
> for the current DATE of the record I am presently ON
>
>>You'll still need a way to limit the list to a particular date/time range.
>
> Do you have any ideas for this??? do I handle the date in the unmatched
> query?? and what syntax -- my field name is workdate???
>
> thanks,
> barb
>

> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> "How" depends on "what" ... and you haven't really described your data
>> structure in much detail.
>>
>> A generic (lack of detail) approach would be to store all
>> Employee_Scheduled_On_Workdate data in a table, so that you can run a
>> query
>> on All Employees_Not_In_Your_Scheduled_Employees table.
>>
>> You'd do this by first getting all employees, then using an unmatched
>> query
>> to find which ones are not scheduled.  That provides your combobox a list
>> of
>> (remaining) candidates.
>>
>> You'll still need a way to limit the list to a particular date/time
>> range.
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> --
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>
>> "babs" <babs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a dropdown based on all employee.  Once the person is Scheduled
>> > work on a given Workdate (of the record I am Sitting on ) field Name is
>> > workdate I would like that name to be eliminated from the dropdown
>> >
>> > when to new workdate- would LIke drop down to show All People Not
>> > scheduled
>> > yet for that Given record(workdate that is active)  I am seting up a
>> > query
>> > (recordset) for the dropdown but not sure what to put in the criteria
>> > for
>> > workdate
>> >
>> > <>[workdate]
>> >
>> > get No records or do I reference the Control on the subform the???
>> > me!subformname???  not sure of correct syntax???
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Barb
>>

>> .

0
Jeff

create a roster

e-mail alerts don't work,setup but don't work-
I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any answers?, Thanks Studmn1. Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any > answers?, Thanks Studmn1. More details and symptoms needed. For example, what version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman office student and teacher edition 2003 for outlook, the pop up notification window doesn't pop up or change my mouse to the little mail icon or transperency window "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsof...

Task Create - Status

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

How to use the Shell and Windows (Sample wont work)
I tried running the vbscript example For the ShellWindows.Item Method, as posted at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb773970(v=VS.85).aspx But I get an error message: Line: 16 Error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'shell.Shell_Application' Code: 800A01AD Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error I'm trying to run the example in Vista 64 Bit. If anybody has any suggestions about where I could learn what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it very much. thanks again, marceepoo Here's the code.... (P.S. ...

Rules Work But No Notification
My rules all work but I don't get notified when a new email comes in unless it just goes into my Inbox. I think this used to work but never paid much attention. Hope this makes sense. Office 2007, no Exchange. -- DrDOS "DrDOS" <dcal53@comcast.net> wrote in message news:90F003E0-3ABB-4168-BD29-FCD02908B949@microsoft.com... > My rules all work but I don't get notified when a new email comes in unless > it just goes into my Inbox. I think this used to work but never paid much > attention. Hope this makes sense. Office 2007, no Exchange. ...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Business Logic Extensions to Microsoft CRM 1.2: Post-Callouts works only with the CRM
hi, i extendet my ms crm organisation with own written business logic. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmpostcalloutsv1d2.asp so far so fine, but it works only with the crm-admin user account. all other users makes no impact on saving the organisation. any ideas? thx urb ...

Auto Send and Receive Not Working
I have a user, my boss, that we setup to POP whether internally or externally. It works when we manually hit the Send and Receive button; however, we would like to have it automatically do this. I setup the Schedule Auto Send and Receive for 2 minutes and it will not work. What could be the problem? RickCass On 29 Apr 2004 12:11, "RickCass" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a user, my boss, that we setup to POP whether internally or >externally. It works when we manually hit the Send and Receive button; >however, we would like to have...

Create external database

Getting data from Several Work Books
Dear all, After some advis here, I have several workbooks all with different names but in the same directory I.E. Excel1.xls Excel2.xls Excel3.xls Excel4.xls In each of the above I want to get out the value for say A2. And put it in a totals.xls in the same directory. I started to do it and I got this as my value .. ='[Excel1.xls]Expense Report'!$R$20 <-------- This returned the correct value. When i opened the document again it asked if i wanted to "update" the workboog ... whick i did want to have the updated info, the pro...

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut