Conditional Field in Queries

Is there a way to make a field in a query conditional so that it only
displays the value if the value is equal to something specifically
set? Thanks.

Nick

0
Nick

Nick.Korynski@gmail.com wrote:
> Is there a way to make a field in a query conditional so that it only
> displays the value if the value is equal to something specifically
> set? Thanks.
>
> Nick

Explain "the value is equal to something specifically set".

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick

Select a Field
I generate cross-references to bookmarks. I checked the Show bookmarks and Show Fields Always in Office button -> Word Options. When I select the cross-reference (either using the mouse or by Shift+arrow), the behaviour used to be that the whole field was quickly selected. Now I have to select each character individually. There is an option to select whole words but I find that feature annoying when I select parts of sentences. How do I restore the 'field quick select' behaviour? -- Richard Using Office 2007 & Win7 Search the web and raise money for charity at...

Today Conditional Format

Two Condition Vlookup?

LDAP Query for All Groups and Membership
I am looking to query Active DIrectory in an environment with Windows 2000 DC's. Its a single domain environment. Currently I have a vbs file that pulls the data but only for a single OU. I am looking for a single vbs script that pull the following information: All Groups, both security and distribution (from a single domain) Whether they are Security or Distribution Whether they are Global or Universal All members of each group I would like the output in cvs format (if possible). Like so: GroupName, MemberName, Type(Security or DL), Scope(Global or Universal). If this i...

query question
Can I create a query that will replace @abcwest.com with @abcbest.com in the table Customer column email and cc ? Thank you "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:%23rGu6FUHLHA.3732@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Can I create a query that will replace @abcwest.com with @abcbest.com in > the table Customer column email and cc ? > Thank you Yes. Have a look in the BOL index under string functions. UPDATE tblCustomer SET EmailAddress = REPLACE(EmailAddress , '@abcwest.com', '@abcbest.com') WHERE CHARINDEX('@abcwest.c...

Query condition by date range

Placement of Columns in Database Query
I have an existing database query that will query the dbase and return the results to an excel worksheet. The query wizard is split into two windows: The window on the left will allow you to select columns from tables that you would like to display. When these columns are moved to the window on the right, they become part of the query. My problem is that when I come back at a later date to edit the query and insert a new column, I can only get the new column to display at the end of the worksheet. There are two arrow buttons on the right hand side of the screen that allow me to move ...

Excel Queries using Access data
Im trying to create a query from within Excel. When I select new database query and select a database which has no securtiy login/password, no problem, works fine. However, when I try to source the data from a database which I have created using user logins/passwords it says that I do not have admin privilages to use the database even though I am putting in the correct login/username in the popup window? Please can anyone help? I've had limited experience with this sort of thing but I've always had to strip out the protection on the Access Database and create a copy before suc...

Combo box selection updates multiple source fields in underlying t
I have one combo box with six columns. One value is tied to the underlying table. I want people to choose from the combobox, and have ALL 6 underlying fields updated according to the combo box selection. It updated the one field that has the underlying field as the record source, is there anyway to tie the remaining 5 columns to the underlying table? Currently, the combobox relies on a seperate table that populates its values (a lookup table more or less), but each field in the seperate table does have a corresponding field in my main table. I did the =column5(or whatever column...

Pivot
Hi, I have a database of the following columns based on which a Pivot is created. There are various other parameters/Columns by which Sales, Margin are broken down. Each month may have hundreds of lines. The below is just a simple overview. Period Account Customer Type Country Amount Jan Sales x A TK 10 Jan Margin x A TK 3 Jan Sales y B DF 25 Jan Margin y B DF 15 Feb Mar The Pivot layout is in the following way Page : Period - This enables the user to choose the period for Sale...

Conditional Field in Queries

Proc cache consumed with one-time queries
In investigating memory usage os our SQL Server 2005 SP3, I noticed that about 4.3GB of our 32GB phsyical memory was consumed by the procedure cache. In looking at what was in the cache, I found that the overwhelming majority of the stored plans were from queries that will never be reused. In fact 4.1GB of the 4.3GB were plans with usecounts=1. Most of these turn out to be statements generated by Sql Server itself: there are many that are statements generated by SqlAgent, running scheduled tasks. Many more are the backup statements generated for log shipping. In these cases, ...

What is the box character in a text field and how do I replace it?
I have a text\memo filed that has a box charter(s) in it. I do not remember if it is a carriage return or whatever. Whats is the character and how do I replace it? Thanks Dave On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 06:46:01 -0700, Dave <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a text\memo filed that has a box charter(s) in it. I do not remember >if it is a carriage return or whatever. Whats is the character and how do I >replace it? > >Thanks > >Dave You'll need to find out what it is. My guess is that it's a linefeed Chr(10) - it wouldn...

How to return a 12 hour time format without the AM in an Access query
The format function acts differently in a query and after hours of testing, messing, and cursing, I give up. How do you return 12 hour format without the AM or PM from an Access query. In my table, I've defined the Start Time and End Time to use "Medium Time" format and it works if and ONLY if you simple include the field in the query. However, if you use the field in a more complex statement, it returns leading zeros and trailing seconds. Here's what I've tried.... 'This didn't work because it returns trailing seconds and AM/PM. '2:00:00 PM...

Conditional null value

Gridview button field only works on page 1 of grid
Hi all I've got a gridview in a Visual Studio 2005, .NET version 2.0 web app, which displays many records. The grid's AllowPaging and AllowSorting properties are set to true with the grid displaying 10 records per page. There is a buttonfield column in the gridview which fires the grid rowcommand event as follows: Dim index As Integer Dim selectedRow As GridViewRow Dim filePath As String 'find the serial number of the record and open its change history index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument) selectedRow = Me.SearchGrid.Rows(index) Dim serialNum...

Help
Forgive me if "Conditional Sums" is not the accurate word for what I am trying to accomplish... I'm at a loss for what to call this situation. What I have is a spreadsheet totaling attendance figures for classes taught by two people (Dave and Cary). Column A lists their name, and next to it in Column B is the number of people who attended that class. What I need is a formula that will look at the sheet and report in a given cell the total for attendance for each person. I can work basic formulas like SUM, but that will give the total for the entire column, when what I n...

XML Receipt and Conditions
I wanted to make a small adjustment to the receipt when a certain condition is met. If a particular word (eg. family) is typed into the comment on an item I wanted something slightly different to happen to the receipt I've just about got it, just stuck on the condition tag <IF> <CONDITION>len(Entry.Comment)</CONDITION> <THEN> I can get it using len but this makes it happen for any word, is there anyway I can make it so that it is more specific ie Entry.Comment contains '%family%' try <IF> <CONDITION>Entry.Comment like '%family%'&...

Adding Notes Field to a Phone Call Report
We are wanting to put together a report that lists phone calls by completed. When the report runs, we would like to have any Notes that are attached to the phone call show up in the report. Anyone know how to accomplish this? Thanks!! Cammie On Mar 25, 3:24=A0pm, Camilla Turner <CamillaTur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are wanting to put together a report that lists phone calls by complete= d. =A0 > When the report runs, we would like to have any Notes that are attached to= > the phone call show up in the report. =A0 > > Anyone know how to accomplish ...

How to ignore embedded linefeed in CSV quoted text fields?
I have a CSV file where the text elements in quotes have embedded linefeeds 123,"12/08/2009","is a new{LF}line","" where {LF} is an actual linefeed, char(10) I can open it directly in Excel 2007, which ignores these line breaks. However, the US m/d/y dates come out incorrectly because my locale uses d/m/y But if I open it in VBA with a Text Query (to parse the m/d/y date formats) it does not import into Excel correctly. The text columns have linefeeds inserted that force a newline so the line is correct up to the LF then the record continues on...

Populate a field by query
Howdy all, I have an interesting project going and need some help. I have created a form for an amateur radio operator to use as a log for a net (if you want more info on this contact me off list). I have txt boxes for call, name, town, county, and list. 2 checkboxes for “mobile” and "Check in only". At the top are the time EST, time UTC, and week number. These are automatic. What I am trying to do is set up a query to populate the "List" box with all the people that checked in for the current week. So for week #1, it will show the check ins in a list like: k...