Combining two tables and separating duplicates - 17530

Hello,

I have two different mailing lists, one from company A and one from
company B. To prevent company A & B from sending duplicate
invitations, I would like to combine the two lists in Access using e-
mail addresses as a unique identifier. How do I query to find and
separate the duplicates into a separate table. The desired end result
would be one final mailing list (the duplicates identified and Company
A's mailing information kept) and one list with all the duplicate
contacts?

Thanks in advance!

0
susanohkwon

summing two columns of different data
I need to sum a dollar total from two different types of columns. One column identifies the item and another column associates a dollar amount with that item. The items are different tree species and the dollar amounts are the pruning costs associated with a specific tree species in a given year. For example: Column A Column B Column C Species 2011 2012 Lemon tree $100 Apple tree $50 Lemon tree $150 Cherry tree $50 $50 I want to sum the total dollar amount to prune only the lemon trees in 2012. Presently, I am using a COUNTIF to sum the total numb...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

two checking accounts data downloads to just one of the accts
I have two checking accounts with our bank and when I download transactions into Microsoft Money for either account, all the transactions go to only one of the accounts set up in Money. I was prompted for the first download to our "main" account. Then when I went to download for the other account, I wasn't prompted where to download to... and all the transactions went into the first account. Did that make sense? My bank required we switch to Money from Quicken, so I am new to this. Tried to search in users guide and online for help. Help would be much appreciated - ...

merge/combine workshhets
I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of rows Try this Jeff http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jeff224" <Jeff224@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6790506-2888-4F4D-80EA-BB0D9F9B27A2@microsoft.com... >I need to merge about 75 worksheets into one spreadsheet on a regular basis - > all have exactly the same format/layout etc back can vary in the number of > rows Or http://www.rondebru...

Saving Formatting in Pivot Tables
When I changed formatting in a pivot table, it returns to the default format when I make a change or close the file. Generally, in formats like font size, column width, etc. Is there a way to save/retain format changes in pivot tables? Thank you. right click in the table and go to the bottom to select "table options". It's there. >-----Original Message----- >When I changed formatting in a pivot table, it returns to >the default format when I make a change or close the >file. Generally, in formats like font size, column >width, etc. Is there a way to...

Pivot table and it's macro
I am creating a table and from the table a pivot table using a macro. When I run the macro the table gets created without a problem but when it goes to create the pivot table I get an error and the debugger highlights this section: ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "Table8", Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12).CreatePivotTable TableDestination _ :="Perf Tables!R2C8", TableName:="PivotTable1", DefaultVersion:= _ xlPivotTableVersion12 Can anyone see where the problem is happening? My ...

duplicate transactions
A fatal error occurs when I work in Money I get booted out and when I log back in the transactions of my money homepage have been tripled thus rendering the home page useless. Any ideas what may be wrong? It depends on what that 'fatal error' says. Suggest you post the details of that too. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it&#...

Pivot table row header
Hi, In a pivot table, I have 2 fields in the row section. How can I have the value on the first fields to repeat in every row instead of just showing once? Thanks!! Try Debra Dalgleish's page at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html Fill Blank Cells Fill Blank Cells Programmatically* [*Sub FillColBlanks() 'by Dave Peterson 2004-01-06] -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08549CBC-68A7-442E-BABF-D48B11E29479@microsoft.co...

Pivot Table % of
I have a pivot table like the followng: Joe Trans Ct A 5 B 3 C 2 Total Joe 10 Kelly A 6 B 1 C 4 Total Kelly 11 I added another Count of Trans shown as a "% of column", but it gives me the percent of the entire column when what I really want is the % of Total Joe, % of Total Kelly, etc. In this instance I simply made the names go across instead of down which solved the problem, but there are instances where I don't want to do that. Any suggestions for getting the percent per item rather than pe...

SOP Distribution Tables Question
We use eConnect to send SOP transactions with a custom distribution. The distribution can involve transferring some funds from a reserve account, so the distribution can be split, one debit and credit to transfer funds from the reserve account, and the second debit and credit to different accounts, to biill for the remainder. All works fine, and the distributions are correct in the Sales Transaction Distributions window. But we'd like to report off of the tables, and I can only see the one distribution in the SOP10102 table. The second amount and account pair for the reserve amount...

Pivot Table Updates Issue
My Data had a coloum containing stuff like Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department I built a bunch of pivot tables on this data. Then I changed the data to read: Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept and performed a Refresh Data. Now, on the filter pulldowns on any of the Pivot tables, I see Marketing Department Sales Department Shipping Department Marketing Dept Sales Dept Shipping Dept The first three option no longer exist in any of the data, and I do not want them in the list. How to fix this problem without recreating and reformatting 38 seperate Pivot table...

I have a question with repeat open and close table
hello,everybody: I write one thread with use Vc6 IDE and I need repeat read data from table , but it had throw error message when my application is runing. Error message is: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. please contact the application's support team for mor information�� My segment of code fellow: /* return false if empty data */ bool CReadData::OpenTable() { ASSERT(m_pConn != NULL); //ado connection ASSERT(m_pTable_SMO != NULL); // table try { if (m_pTable_SMO->GetState() & adStateOp...

Line separating footnotes from text
How do I correct the left indent on the line that separates my footnotes from the main text? When I brought all my text (body and footnotes) in by a couple of cms, this line remained where it was. Now it's jutting out from the rest of the doc. Thanks Change to Draft View and then on the Reference tab of the ribbon, click on the Show Notes button in the Footnotes section of the ribbon and in the top border of the Footnotes pane that appears at the bottom of the screen, select Footnote Separator from the drop down list and modify the left indent of the paragraph in which th...

pivot table : formula to absolute reference a subtotal
hi all. ive been an avid reader of the forums for some time now; time to register so i can post my question, which is rather urgent. (aren't they all ?) the attachment is a simplified version of the pivot table i have going on. the sourcedata is set so the production amount is reported under 'manufacturing', although there are costs in other types. i want to have a 3rd column that would, for each product, do cost of that type / production amount subtotal at each row. so it would basically be cost breakdown at each row, with the total cost at the subtotal level. i cant link to...

Non-verbose TABLE syntax
I just stumbled upon this (should appeal to the SELECT * fanatics<g>):TABLE Table1, Table2;Apparently valid Jet 4.0 SQL syntax that returns all columns for thecross join of the tables. What do you reckon: OK for production code<g>?Jamie.--...

create pivot table formula without the GETPIVOTDATA function
Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table result in a formula and copy that formula as a relative reference. In Excel 2003 a GETPIVOTDATA fromula is created and uses an absolute reference. Is there a way in Excel 2003 to either make it arelative reference (without editing the formula) or revert to the method used in all prior releases? There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html ebergkes wrote: > Previous to Excel 2003 I could use a pivot table resu...

lookup second / last match with two conditions
Hello, I've a table below, I want to setup an formula to get the result as shown at the bottom. Thanks in advance for your help. Column B C D Row 1st criteria 2nd criteria lookup value 3 A X 1 4 B Y 2 5 C Y 3 6 A Y 4 7 B X 5 8 C Y 6 9 D X 7 10 A Y 8 11 B Y 9 12 C X 10 query 1 query 2 criteria 1 A C criteria 2 Y Y nth of match 2 last Result 8 9 Please clarify: Why do you want 9 for query 2 rather than 6?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 ...

Input Dialog for Image Overlay and Auto Duplication of Certain Obj
I am fairly new to Publisher so I am sure there is a way to accomplish the following, I just have not figured it out yet. I work as an Imagery analyst looking at overhead commercial satellite imagery. These images are used to create annotated products that have an overlay with basic information like date and time of image, coordinates of the image that is being displayed, copyright information etc. To help automate the process of creating these products, I would like to add an input dialog that asks for several key peices of information that will be inserted into Textboxes at certa...

Likert scale calculation
I have used the following table in my survey: Frequency of use - check which on is applicable: every few hours every few mins every few secs item1 item2 item3 .. .. .. item10 so the sample data looks like this: id item1 item 2 ............. item10 1 hours hrs ................. mins 2 secs hrs ................. mins 3 mins hrs ................. mins I want to add up the hours secs mins for each item..for example (from the above sample): ev...

Pass a command text in pivot table
I've got a pivot table with data give back by odbc (in excel 2003). When i pass a new sql command, it answer me the database, also if i pass the connection string. My code is this: With ActiveSheet.PivotTables(sNamePivot).PivotCache .CommandText = sSelect .Connection = "ODBC;DSN=DS;DB=" & NomeDB & ";SRVR=;UID=SYSADM;PWD=" .Refresh End With sNamePivot --> string variable contain the correct name of the pivot table. NomeDB --> string variable contain the database. sSelect --> variable contain the sql command. Why does it called me ...

Pivot Table: showing data as % of subtotal
Hi, I have pivot table data in this format: Name Type Amount ABC 1 $100 2 $200 3 $300 4 $400 ABC Total $1,000 DEF 1 $150 2 $260 3 $310 4 $420 DEF Total $1,140 and so on .... .... .... I want to see the data as follows: Name Type Amount % ABC...

Duplicate .pst files #3
How do I get rid of a extra .pst file for Microsoft Outlook 2000? My operating system is Microsoft Windows Professional 2000. My company does not have Microsoft Exchange. We use Novell as a server. Somehow I ended up with two .pst folders: The Outlook Today, and one that is named "Personal Folders". I can't close it the Personal Folders; if I try to close it, I get the error; "The operation failed, the object could not be found". It gives me the same message when I go into the personal properties, advanced section. I went into mail icon in the Contacts folder, but i...

combining separate spreadsheets
I frequently make separate spreadsheets with timelines on them. Each row includes a column for the date and other columns with other details. Is there any way to combine several such spreadsheets? Such as "Bob's Timeline" and overlay or combine it with "Ed's Timeline"? Thanks. Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm <netacct1001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1184368348.773417.178620@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I frequently make separate spreadsheets with timelines on them. Each...

Comparing two numbers
I am trying to figure out how to compare two numbers (that are constantly changing in value) to see if they meet a particular ratio and then pick the smallest of that original number to be carried forward. I have tried nesting If statements but end up with "False" answers instead of 0 sometimes. This is the type of data I am tring to compare along with the conditions that must be met. Example 1. a. 166.00 b. 97.00 First condition: If B>=1/3A Second condition: If B meets first condition then B must be larger than C. Third condition If B meets second condition then C is ...

how to create referential integrity between two tables in diff dat
How can we create referential integrity relationship between tables in different databases. I have databasea db1 and db2. In db1->TableA,db2-->TableB TableA-->EmpID,EmpName TableB-->EmpID,DeptNo. How to create integrity relationship between Empid of two tables in diff databases. Hi Ajay You cannot create DRI between databases, I mean create PK/FK... However , you can simple join the tables between databases like SELECT <columns> FROM db1.tb1 T1 JOIN db2.tb1 T2 ON T1.col=T2.col WHERE.... "Ajay" <Ajay@discussions.microsoft.com> w...