Changing constants in a query to user input values

Access 2007
I have a table that contains (among other things)
TimeDown
End Date
TimeUp

All of these are Date/Time type

Example data:

Start Date           TimeDown         End Date          TimeUp
16/3/10               02:00               16/3/10            04:00
16/3/10               06:00               16/3/10            09:00
16/3/10               19:00               16/3/10            20:30
16/3/10               23:00               17/3/10            01:00
17/3/10               03:00               17/3/10            04:00
17/3/10               08:45               17/3/10            09:30

I need to be able to return only those Start Date & Time Values that occur
between 5pm on the first date and 5am on the second date. In the above
example data, this would be the 3rd, 4th and 5th lines. This is for a report
that covers Night shift.

I have a select query with constants:
Field:
NightShift: [Start Date]+[TimeDown]
Criteria:
Between #16/03/2010 5:00:00 PM# And #17/03/2010 5:00:00 AM#

and this seems to work.

What I need to be able to do is have a user input a date range (using a form
for Start Date and End Date - which I can do) but have only the time frame
5pm on the Start Date to 5am on the End Date.

I would really appreciate any assistance as I'm still muddling my way
through...

TIA

--
cheers
pamb

If I understand correctly, you want something like

Between DateAdd("h",17,[Forms]![FormName]![StartDate]) and
DateAdd("h",5,[Forms]![FormName]![EndDate])

Since that would only work for a one day range you could use

Between DateAdd("h",17,[Forms]![FormName]![StartDate]) and
DateAdd("h",29,[Forms]![FormName]![StartDate])

If you wanted multiple days you would need something more complex.
Criteria Under [Start Date]
Between [Forms]![FormName]![StartDate] and [Forms]![FormName]![EndDate]

Criteria under TimeDown
    (TimeDown <= #05:00:00# OR TimeDown >=#19:00:00#)

Alternative criteria for TimeDown
   NOT BETWEEN #05:00:01# and #16:59:59#

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

PamB wrote:
> Access 2007
> I have a table that contains (among other things)
> TimeDown
> End Date
> TimeUp
>
> All of these are Date/Time type
>
> Example data:
>
> Start Date           TimeDown         End Date          TimeUp
> 16/3/10               02:00               16/3/10            04:00
> 16/3/10               06:00               16/3/10            09:00
> 16/3/10               19:00               16/3/10            20:30
> 16/3/10               23:00               17/3/10            01:00
> 17/3/10               03:00               17/3/10            04:00
> 17/3/10               08:45               17/3/10            09:30
>
> I need to be able to return only those Start Date & Time Values that occur
> between 5pm on the first date and 5am on the second date. In the above
> example data, this would be the 3rd, 4th and 5th lines. This is for a report
> that covers Night shift.
>
> I have a select query with constants:
> Field:
> NightShift: [Start Date]+[TimeDown]
> Criteria:
> Between #16/03/2010 5:00:00 PM# And #17/03/2010 5:00:00 AM#
>
> and this seems to work.
>
> What I need to be able to do is have a user input a date range (using a form
> for Start Date and End Date - which I can do) but have only the time frame
> 5pm on the Start Date to 5am on the End Date.
>
> I would really appreciate any assistance as I'm still muddling my way
> through...
>
> TIA

0
John
6/3/2010 12:21:32 PM
Thank you John.

Between DateAdd("h",17,[Forms]![FormName]![StartDate]) and
DateAdd("h",29,[Forms]![FormName]![StartDate])

works perfectly for what I'm doing!

You guys who answer these questions are Legends!

--
cheers
pamb

"John Spencer" wrote:

> If I understand correctly, you want something like
>
> Between DateAdd("h",17,[Forms]![FormName]![StartDate]) and
> DateAdd("h",5,[Forms]![FormName]![EndDate])
>
> Since that would only work for a one day range you could use
>
> Between DateAdd("h",17,[Forms]![FormName]![StartDate]) and
> DateAdd("h",29,[Forms]![FormName]![StartDate])
>
> If you wanted multiple days you would need something more complex.
> Criteria Under [Start Date]
> Between [Forms]![FormName]![StartDate] and [Forms]![FormName]![EndDate]
>
> Criteria under TimeDown
>     (TimeDown <= #05:00:00# OR TimeDown >=#19:00:00#)
>
> Alternative criteria for TimeDown
>    NOT BETWEEN #05:00:01# and #16:59:59#
>

> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> PamB wrote:
> > Access 2007
> > I have a table that contains (among other things)
> > TimeDown
> > End Date
> > TimeUp
> >
> > All of these are Date/Time type
> >
> > Example data:
> >
> > Start Date           TimeDown         End Date          TimeUp
> > 16/3/10               02:00               16/3/10            04:00
> > 16/3/10               06:00               16/3/10            09:00
> > 16/3/10               19:00               16/3/10            20:30
> > 16/3/10               23:00               17/3/10            01:00
> > 17/3/10               03:00               17/3/10            04:00
> > 17/3/10               08:45               17/3/10            09:30
> >
> > I need to be able to return only those Start Date & Time Values that occur
> > between 5pm on the first date and 5am on the second date. In the above
> > example data, this would be the 3rd, 4th and 5th lines. This is for a report
> > that covers Night shift.
> >
> > I have a select query with constants:
> > Field:
> > NightShift: [Start Date]+[TimeDown]
> > Criteria:
> > Between #16/03/2010 5:00:00 PM# And #17/03/2010 5:00:00 AM#
> >
> > and this seems to work.
> >
> > What I need to be able to do is have a user input a date range (using a form
> > for Start Date and End Date - which I can do) but have only the time frame
> > 5pm on the Start Date to 5am on the End Date.
> >
> > I would really appreciate any assistance as I'm still muddling my way
> > through...
> >
> > TIA
> >
> .

External data link change

MAPI and IMAP coexsistance on same client/server for transparent users in the wild...
An exchange 2003 server with enabled secure IMAP and OWA. Clients running Outlook 2003 with both MAPI and IMAP connections to the same server. This is for troubleless connections for users being both on the LAN and out in the wild without VPN. What are your experinces about best setup in this scenario - how will users get the most transparent feel - that is: calender working, mails getting to the same location, still available via OWA... regardless whether they are on the LAN or in the wild. Regards, Lars. Go with Mapi all the way for the functionality. Implement RPC over HTTPs for rem...

Why does the change change to a number?

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

Stop sheet showing when Using Datapig's Force Users to enable macr
Hi, I think this is probably not do-able I'm using Datapig Technologies example to force users to enable macros When the workbook is closed all sheets other than a warning sheet are very hidden so that if the workbook is opened with macros disabled then the user can only see a warning sheet saying to close and open with macros enabled. Then on opening with macros enabled the waring sheet is very hidden and the other sheets can be seen. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Warning").Visible = True Sh...

VLOOKUP: Retrieving Values
Vlookup: I am trying to lookup a value ( SCOTLAND ) on a spreadsheet called ( Data ) in order to populate ceratin cells on my other spreadsheet ( Spreadone ). If the value (SCOTLAND) is located in (Data) I want it to copy the values of specific cells (not all of them ) from the same row into ( Spreadone ). So : CHECK COLUMN N (CLASS) IN SPREADSHEET (DATA) FOR STRING (SCOTLAND) IF THE STRING = SCOTLAND THEN IN SPREADSHEET (Spreadone) POPULATE CELL A7:A25 = ACCOUNT NO (from Data) CELL B7:B25 = CLIENT (from Data) CELL C7:C25 = CUSIP (from Data) CELL D7:D25 = QTY (from Data) CELL E7:E25...

How to change icon for my application

How to MATCH value up a column
I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Hi I don't know what you are looking for, but see: MATCH(A2,A1:F1,0) or VLOOKUP(A3,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "DevourU" wrote: > I need to match/find the first matching cell up a column. Ideas? TIA! Thankx for the reply. Here is my formula:=IF(A11>A10,C10,(IF(A11=A10,A10,"?"))). I need to have IF(A11<A10, search up column A for 1st match, example A4, display next column B4. Clear as mu...

iif(isnull( in Query
I have a [Company] and or a [Contact] The Client: is the [Company] if the [Company] isnull then [Contact] How do i put this in a query statement Client: IIf(IsNull([Company]),[Contact],[Company]) HTH, Rob > The Client: is the [Company] if the [Company] isnull then [Contact] > > How do i put this in a query statement > On Sep 13, 6:23 pm, "Rob Parker" <NOSPAMrobppar...@optusnet.com.au.REMOVETHIS> wrote: > Client: IIf(IsNull([Company]),[Contact],[Company]) > > HTH, > > Rob > > > > > The Client: is the [Company] if the [Company] ...

Taking the Mode based on cell value
Could you provide a few more details about what you want to do? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "sip8316" <sip8316@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3F4DE24-C5E8-4911-96E6-E61A1E56DEF0@microsoft.com... > ...

How to change newsgroup message font

Pass Through query with criteria on a form
I have a Pass Through query that looks like this. select Location,City,State,Country,Pings from (select sd_term_name_loc as 'Location', sd_term_city as 'City', sd_term_st as 'State', sd_term_cntry as 'Country', count(sd_key)as 'Pings' from detail (nolock) where -- ***** The dates below refer to the date and time at which the transaction was loaded to PRM. -- ***** -- ***** The number of pings which have occurred BETWEEN those dates/times will be counted. -- ***** -- ***** Enter the date/time in the format '09/16/2007 14:00:00.000...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

How to copy a column of values into another column where the cells are merged
Hi, I have a sheet with a column that lists some values. I also have a second sheet that has a column where the cells are merged every 4 rows. I need to copy the values of the first sheet into the merged cells, but when I do, I only see every fourth value on the merged cells. Is there a formula or any other way that I can use to be able to copy all the values from the first sheet into the second sheet each value on a different group of merged cells? Thanks! Assume you have values in A1:A5 of Sheet1 that you want to copy into Sheet2, where A1:A4, A5:A8, A9;A12 etc are merged. Put this formul...

Should I change this code?

Deleted User Mailbox
Delete a user from Exchange 2003 and the mailbox showed as orphane. Later created a new user and connected that mailbox to that new user successfully. Now the new user cannot logon using OWA. Under Mailboxes in the ESM it shows user connected successfully but under Last Logged in by it show ... S-1-5-21-106....... Please advise. Thank you in advance. ...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change