calculating average days

I am trying to develop a report where in the PartNum footer the
average number of days between orders is calculated. I have
created the following:
Table:	tblItemsRecvd
Fields:
	PartNum
	SupplrName
	DateOrdrd
	DateRecd
	AmtRecd

Query:  qryItemsRecvd based on tblItemsRcvd
	PartNum	Criteria:	[Enter PartNum:]
	SupplrName
	DateOrdrd
	DateRecd
	AmtRecd

Report:	 rptItemsRecvd based on qryItemsRecvd

I would like to calculate the average number of days between orders for
the selected part number.  Do I do it in the query (how?) or at the report
level (how?)?  I am using Access2003 and am a novice.
TIA

Hi,

i would do this in the query by using the DateDiff-Function.
Take a look at this link:
http://www.techonthenet.com/access/functions/date/datediff.php

Regards
Jörn

Am 07.06.2010 01:49, schrieb JohnL:
> I am trying to develop a report where in the PartNum footer the
> average number of days between orders is calculated. I have
> created the following:
> Table:	tblItemsRecvd
> Fields:
> 	PartNum
> 	SupplrName
> 	DateOrdrd
> 	DateRecd
> 	AmtRecd
>
> Query:  qryItemsRecvd based on tblItemsRcvd
> 	PartNum	Criteria:	[Enter PartNum:]
> 	SupplrName
> 	DateOrdrd
> 	DateRecd
> 	AmtRecd
>
> Report:	 rptItemsRecvd based on qryItemsRecvd
>
> I would like to calculate the average number of days between orders for
> the selected part number.  Do I do it in the query (how?) or at the report
> level (how?)?  I am using Access2003 and am a novice.
> TIA

0
UTF
6/7/2010 12:06:10 AM
JohnL wrote:

>I am trying to develop a report where in the PartNum footer the
>average number of days between orders is calculated. I have
>created the following:
>Table:	tblItemsRecvd
>Fields:
>	PartNum
>	SupplrName
>	DateOrdrd
>	DateRecd
>	AmtRecd
>
>Query:  qryItemsRecvd based on tblItemsRcvd
>	PartNum	Criteria:	[Enter PartNum:]
>	SupplrName
>	DateOrdrd
>	DateRecd
>	AmtRecd
>
>Report:	 rptItemsRecvd based on qryItemsRecvd
>
>I would like to calculate the average number of days between orders for
>the selected part number.  Do I do it in the query (how?) or at the report
>level (how?)?  I am using Access2003 and am a novice.

You can do it either place, but the quer would have to be
Totals type query, which may complicate things.

I think it is easier to do in a report with a text box
expression like:
	=Avg(DateDiff("d", DateOrdrd, DateRecd))
in either the partNum group header and/or footer section.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Help with average formula
Hi, I'm trying to calculate average of figures as follows: 1.1.2003 10 2.1.2003 20 3.1.2003 15 4.1.2003 5.1.2003 5 So the question is that if there is one row that has no numbers in it how do I exclude it from the average... meaning that average would b counted like this (10+20+15+5)/4 and not (10+20+15+5)/5. Thanks //juh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Juha If a cell is blank, it won't be included in the average. Andy. "Juha" <Juha.ybp1y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Juha.ybp1y@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > I...

average if with time
I have data sorted by date(mm/dd/yy) and time(hh.mm.ss) and I am tryin to write a function which will average every hour. How can I sor through the times and compute an average without getting all the 2 clocks, for example, as opposed to the hour on one particular day Thanks for the help, Andrew Moo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Need a little more detail. Maybe give me an example of what you have a data and then tell me what results you are trying to recieve from tha data! michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I see your problem as having separate...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

Custom date format for days ... again ... thx <g>
Sorry about this but a recent question re custom date format was a special case type of scenario and I'm finding that I still don't know how to change to my preferred date format for most spreadsheets. The new sheet I'm trying to fix might show how to do this once and for all. In today's sheet I have 2 cells, B2 is formatted as "ddd" and C2 as "mmm.dd.yyyy". C2 is a date entered by user where B2 is dependent on C2 via the formula "=C3". I was hoping to finally learn how to get XL to change the "ddd" format of" Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed...

Outlook fails to connect to exchange every second day.
Hi, I have a client who uses exchange and asked about a bizzare behaviour they have been experiencing. Apparently every (approximate) two days when they come into the office their outlook will fail to connect to exchange. What they have been doing to fix this is to Reboot exchange. For some reason this is working. What I am hoping to find is a "fix" that doens't require a reboot. :) There seems to be an error in the event log indicating that the exchange database is larger than it is allowed to be. Could this cause the experience they are seeing? Any clu...

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

tenure calculations

Formula to calculate time

averaging from one sheet to another
I am trying to compile library statistics. Whenever I give an instruction session, I pass out forms for the students to fill out. They choose a numerical value (1-5) to describe their proficiency in several different areas. I need to have a form where I input the data so that the data is automatically averaged with all the other data from all the other students. I suppose the average of all the students would be tallied on a separate page, and hte original sheet would go blank after each new student's data was added to the pool of all the students' data. Does this make ...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

IF and AVERAGE
Hi, I have a column of numbers, some of which are zero. I want to obtain the average of the numbers in the column and exclude the zeros from the calculation. Thanks! Hi James Assuming your range is A1:A50 the formula would be =AVERAGE(IF(A1:A50<>0,A1:A50)) entered using CONTROL & SHIFT & ENTER Hope this helps -- Cheers JulieD julied_ng at hctsReMoVeThIs dot net dot au "James" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a column of numbers, some of which are zero. > > I want to obtain the average of the numbers in the column and exclude the > zeros from ...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

Bug in CDateTimeCtrl for 2 days only?
Our application is exhibiting a strange bug today out of the blue. The CDateTimeCtrl is exhibiting a strange behavior. I have it set so that the format is MMMM YYYY so we don't see the day. If it's set as a spin control or if you use the arrows to inc/dec the month it doesn't show February. It goes from January to <blank) then to March. By default it's populated with today's date. Jan 30 and Jan 31 cause problems. It's behaving like it think the month is actually February where 30th and 31st don't exist. Shouldn't the control automatically i...

Inserting date calculations