I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a
specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query
returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows
the part number and the total parts failed for that record.
I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12
months. So I would see the following:
Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past
12 months
44444    | x          | 4                   | 1/2/08                | 200
44445    | Y          |1                    | 1/23/08             | 25

the total parts failed past 12 months would have to reference field part #,
origination date and parts failed fields. The only criteria I enter is the
origination date range.

auto correct is the devil wrote:

>I have a query that returns the details for a failure record during a
>specified time period. Where if I search between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 the query
>returns the records of all failure records during that period. The row shows
>the part number and the total parts failed for that record.
>I need the query to then sum the total part failures for the previous 12
>months. So I would see the following:
>Record # | part # | parts failed | Origination Date| Total Parts failed past
>12 months
>44444    | x          | 4                   | 1/2/08                | 200
>44445    | Y          |1                    | 1/23/08             | 25
>
>the total parts failed past 12 months would have to reference field part #,
>origination date and parts failed fields. The only criteria I enter is the
>origination date range.

You can use a subquery to do that calculation:

SELECT [Record#]. [Part#], [parts failed],
				[Origination Date],
				(SELECT Sum([parts failed])
				 FROM thetable Ax X
				 WHERE X.[Part#] = T.[Part#]
						And [Origination Date] Between
							DateAdd("yyyy", -1, [end date]) And [end date]
				) As yearfailed
FROM thetable As T
WHERE [Origination Date] Between [start date] And [end date]

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

IIF statement pulling from wrong field
I have a query have has the 5 variations of the following IIF statement: Bag Total: IIf(" " & [Unit of Measure] & " " Like "* BAG *",[Qty],Null) this statement says to add up if the unit of measure if it is a bag. I am attempting to add another IIF statement that says =Sum(IIf([product type] Like "*printed*", [pounds], 0)) - I am trying to add up if the product type has the word printed in it total it at each customer and at the end of the report. When I use this IIF statement on my report, it is totalling the amount from the printed IIf(...

How to calculate age of a person?

how to create item numbers column in a Query
Is there anyway to place a column (Item#) in a query, which will show the item numbers of the results. Say that, if query result has 13 items, Item# values will be sequentially 1,2,3...11,12,13. I have a feeling that it might be solved by usind DCOUNT function. Thanks ...

Form Fields
I have created a form for use by others. I used the Text form fields format when creating the form, my problem is the main text in the form does not stay locked in place. When we try to type to fill in the form fields it moves the main body text. I have tried using the Document Protection tab and telling it to allow formatting only in the form fields but that still does not prevent the other text from moving. I did this in word 2007. Any idea on what to do to lock the main body in to allow filling in just the Form fields. Hi Michael, The simplest way to gain control over the ...

Euro symbol in queries
I have an Access front end to a SQL Server 2005 database using ODBC linked tables. There appears to be a problem when using the euro symbol in queries. SELECT * FROM tbl_Datatable WHERE (tbl_Datatable.strPRICE)='?40'; (the ? should be a euro symbol Alt+0128. it appears that even just posting causes the same problem) This query returns nothing although there are many entries with a strPRICE of '?40' SELECT * FROM tbl_Datatable WHERE (tbl_Datatable.strPRICE)='$40'; This query returns all with a strPRICE of '$40' How do I use the symbol in queries? Rega...

Sum Product
I am trying to get a $ sum based on 2 text conditions, but keep getting a #NUM! error. My formula works only when I limit my search to certain rows. Ideally, here's how I'd like it to work: =SUMPRODUCT((O:O="Medical")*(R:R="Health Care")*(G:G)) The G column contains the $ figures that I'm trying to add. But every so often the column contains a necessary cell of text -- through trial and error, this fact seems to be causing the problem. Any ideas how I can fix this formula? Hi You cannot use full columns in a SUMPRODUCT. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((O2:O650...

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Passing specific ComboBox info to a Query
Hi - hope someone can help. What I'm trying to do is to select service dates within a 53 week year - and the year doesn't always start on the 1st Jan. When I use specific criteria in the ServiceDate field in the query (dd/mm/yyyy): "Between #28/12/2009# And (#28/12/2009#+371)" it works fine. When I use a text box (set to dd/mm/yyyy) and set the criteria to "Between Forms!FRM_FormName!TextBox and (Forms!FRM_FormName!TextBox +371)" it also works fine I don't want the user to have to remember the exact start date of each year, so I creat...

Calculated field options???

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Making one field bold in a concatanated string
This issue is in MS Access 2003 I have a string with the last name and first name fields concatanated. I would like to bold the last name field only. Is there anyway to do this? The standard text box in Access 2003 and earlier cannot do that. Stephen Lebans has a solution here: http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-plain.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "abnewallo" <abnewallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:519C584...

Dynamics 4.0 slow to retrieve data when custom fields / lookups us
We've have this issue whereby if a custom field, say on the contact, is indexed, when you use advanced find, it seems to use the index. The response is acceptable. It appears however it you use the standard search bar and try the lookup, it appears that table scans are happening. Can anyone advise if we're reading the situation correctly and whether there is a way to speed up to normal search. Thanks -- C ...

tenure calculations

sum cells to reach a specific value and return corresponding value
Hi, I have a csv table that has data for delivery drops. If there is more than one item to be delivered on one drop the there is a total in one row and then the rows below have the number of items and a product code. i.e. 5 = Total Items 4 = 4 units product 'a' 1 = 1 unit of product 'b' the formula needs to recognise that if there are a total of 5 items it will count the number of rows below to tally a total of 5 and then merge the product codes and descriptions in one cell using the CONCATENATE FORMULA - is there an 'if' or a 'sum' func...

Query to create multipe total fields
Ok, I have a fairly basic table. The table lists an ID number, a budget number, and a dollar amount. Some ID numbers have multiple budget numbers and dollar amounts associated with them. My task is to create a Make Table query that takes all the records and only have one row for each unique ID number. For instances where the ID number has multiple rows associated with it in the original table, I need to create additional columns (i.e. budgetnumber1, total1, budgetnumber2, total2, etc.) so that all the data for each individual can be viewed in one row. What is the best way to...

Can Excel produce a POSTNET barcode based on a zip code field?
Background: I am performing a mail merge into Word from an excel spreadsheet containing address information. "Address Block" in Word mail merge function doesn't offer POSTNET barcode field to be included. Word offers a field code that produces a POSTNET barcode based on a bookmark. However, bookmarks do not stick to a particular field during mail merge. Problem: If I can produce a POSTNET barcode in a separate column in Excel based on the zip code column, I can drop a merge field into Word that will accept it. Does anyone know the function name in Excel to do this? So...

A question regarding coordinates of points within a chart
Can anyone explain how x-y coordinates for points within a chart can be accessed via a mousemove event? I realize this will require quite a bit of coding, but I would like a little comment box to appear for any given point on an X-Y scatter I have. The data set consists of around 27000 points, and I would like the mousemove event to trigger a lookup into a table that contains a fairly lengthy descripion of each point. Wazooli Wazooli, Take a look at Jon Peltier's article on chart events . . . http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221 then, take a look at this post ...

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Copying Addresses from the To field
I thouight I had posted this but if so it's somewhere obscure so I'm trying again! I have a large number of addresses I need tyo get into a manageable format i.e. useable email addresses, a latge proportion are formatted like this: 'familiarname!<someones@somewhere>. If I copy no matter what I do it will only paste the familiar name, the address is lost. I have tried every combination I cam think of. I have about 800 addresses and it would be aweful if I have to manually edit them. Any ideas? thanks If they in the To... field, right click each individually and select Add...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...