Add new row to table with only a few fields changing

We have a database table (in Access 97) which needs a new row added each
month but only a handful of the fields change regularly, the rest almost
always stay the same.

What is the easiest way to ask for a few inputs from the user and
automatically update the table with those new values but everything else
copying over from the last row?

Thanks

Eric

See:
    Assign default values from the last record
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-24.html

It's basically copy'n'paste code that duplicates all the fields from the
previous record as soon as you start typing into a new record. You can then
change the fields you need.

"EricK" <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a database table (in Access 97) which needs a new row added each
> month but only a handful of the fields change regularly, the rest almost
> always stay the same.
>
> What is the easiest way to ask for a few inputs from the user and
> automatically update the table with those new values but everything else
> copying over from the last row?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric

0
Allen

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

How do I change the source worksheet for 100 charts automatically.
I have a worksheet with 100 charts that source a set of five worksheets, financial forecast A. I create several forecasts (sets of 5 worksheets) and copy over worksheet with 100 charts, but the charts reference financial forecast A when I want them to source from financial forecast B. To change the chart source to financial forecast B, I now have to open each chart and change the source from A to B. Is there a way to do this automatically, similar to the edit, find, replace function for data in cells? Hi, You would need to write VBA code to do this. Given you know what the value is...

Opening new Excel window
Windows 2000. When have an exel already open, when I click on another excel file (or its shortcut) it opens into the same excel main window. Then I can view either one of the excel applications by selecting the appropriate window. Is there a setting such that new excel will open in its own window? If so, how? [Currently I can get this effect in a less convenient way by starting the excel directly the second time, and then reading in the excel file.] Alan Beban You could have one instance of excel open and have multiple "tasks" appearing on the taskbar via: Tools|optio...

Add on

Manipulating Pivot Table
I have created a pivot table that gives me the occurances of a specific number in a list, or the "count" of that number. What I need is that "count" divided by 4 to be the result in the pivot table. So, if the number 562 is in the list 8 times I want the result to show "count" of 562 is 2 (not 8) Any Ideas Thank Brandt ...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

copy entire contents worksheet into new workbook, link but editabl
I need to copy the entire contents of a worksheet which is used by several collegues who need to see it looking the same always (headers in the same order,etc). In the new worksheet (workbook) I will rearrange the data for other purposes. However, I will need the data to be kept up-to-date as per the source worksheet. ...

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

add a DC in a LegSite

How does excel note a newline (ie new line but in same cell)
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi <br> Have legal transcription i need to manipulate partly in excel on mac. want each cell to be one question or answer in deposition, but can't allow excel to wrap the text of the question or answer, which is typically several lines, as in depositions each line is numbered and i want to preserve the numbers matching the lines. so i would like to manually add the character/formatting in my text editor before i bring the text back into excel. <br><br>or perhaps i can write an excel macro or f...

excel add-ons

copy row to different tab
Creating a SS with 6 tabs(master,A,B,C,D,E) each having 5 columns(doc#,category,date,box,folder). "Category" can have 5 different values, A,B,C,D,E According to which value in 'category' is entered in master I want to copy the row and move it to corresponding tab. Can an IF statement do this? thanks, L. Worksheet functions cannot 'physically' copy rows or columns, nor can they format, hide, display, delete or add rows/columns. Your question included "copy and move", so that definitely rules out worksheet functions. To me, the &q...

Moving Exchange 2k to new Exchange 2k server
I have an Exchange 2k server. Two hard drives (one for OS and one for data). Both are quickly running out of space and the hardware is slow. I want to upgrade my hardware (faster computer, & larger hard drives), but I want to stick with Exchange 2k for now. What is the best way to go about this? Also, in looking at the way this server was setup, I don't understand where the m:/exchange drive exists. Do all Exchange servers have a m:/exchange drive. It seems to be part of the C: drive (always has exactly the same space used as if they were mirrored) but different data. Ca...

Creating a new list with Last Order Date
I do have a customer transaction history. I would like to get the latest order date with amount in to another sheet instead of all the orders under same account number and bring the rest of the corresponding info to the other columns. Such as bill to information for my new sales rep. Can someone help me? Thanks Vedat A2=Customer Number B2=Order numbers C2=Order dates D2=Order Amounts D3=Bill to Name etc. A2 B2 C2 D2 CA123 1234 10/11/06 $500 CA123 2345 09/10/06 $200 CA123...

Map Add-On?

New license key for upgrades from 3.0 to 4.0
Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted during an upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0. My current 3.0 license is not being accepted! Thanks in advance, ~Maria Trial license keys are provided inthe readme that comes with the downloads. The rpocess for getting the "real" keys has not been announced. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Maria Greendyk" <MariaGreendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5CAE82E-A779-4FFD-9D72-3E0E02D3580C@microsoft.com... Is there a process for obtaining a new license key that will be accepted d...

New investment
How can I add new slovenian investment which is valued in SIT (Slovenski Tolar). In form where I must select country, Slovenia is not on a list. Old investments, inserted in previous version of Money (95 I think) works ok. Thanks Marko ...

New mail notification #2
Is there a way to have the new mail notification box/window stay up longer than 30 seconds in Outlook 2003 like you used to be able to do in older versions of Outlook (i.e. like Outlook 2000)? I am not talking about the little envelope that appears in the task bar, but the notification box window that appears in the lower corner of the screen (used to appear right in the middle of the scree). Thanks Sounds like you're asking about the popup notification window from MSN Messenger when it detects you have new e-mails. -- ____________________________________________________________...