Access Subtotal in Query

I have a simple query that uses 3 fields. Location, Person and Value. When I
group by location and person and sum value, I get all the results I need but
I would love to see subtotals for each location. I'm using Access 2003. How
do I add in the subtotals. Something like

Maryland, Person 1, 5
Maryland, Person 2, 10
Maryland Subtotal, 15, - this is the line I'm trying to get
New York, Person 1, 20

Do this in a report.

In report design view, open the Sorting And Grouping box (View menu.)
Choose the Location field, and in the lower pane of the dialog, set Group
Footer to Yes.

You can now add a subtotal to the group footer section.
The Control Source will be something like this:
    =Sum([SumOfValue])

"scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a simple query that uses 3 fields. Location, Person and Value. When
> group by location and person and sum value, I get all the results I need
> but
> I would love to see subtotals for each location. I'm using Access 2003.
> How
> do I add in the subtotals. Something like
>
> Maryland, Person 1, 5
> Maryland, Person 2, 10
> Maryland Subtotal, 15, - this is the line I'm trying to get
> New York, Person 1, 20

-1
Allen
6/7/2007 12:33:52 AM
Subtotal ?? Access ???????????

scot wrote:

Access Subtotal in Query
06-Jun-07

I have a simple query that uses 3 fields. Location, Person and Value. When I
group by location and person and sum value, I get all the results I need but
I would love to see subtotals for each location. I'm using Access 2003. How
do I add in the subtotals. Something like

Maryland, Person 1, 5
Maryland, Person 2, 10
Maryland Subtotal, 15, - this is the line I'm trying to get
New York, Person 1, 20

On Wednesday, June 06, 2007 2:44 PM
scot wrote:

Access Subtotal in Query
I have a simple query that uses 3 fields. Location, Person and Value. When I
group by location and person and sum value, I get all the results I need but
I would love to see subtotals for each location. I'm using Access 2003. How
do I add in the subtotals. Something like

Maryland, Person 1, 5
Maryland, Person 2, 10
Maryland Subtotal, 15, - this is the line I'm trying to get
New York, Person 1, 20

On Wednesday, June 06, 2007 8:33 PM
Allen Browne wrote:

Do this in a report.
Do this in a report.

In report design view, open the Sorting And Grouping box (View menu.)
Choose the Location field, and in the lower pane of the dialog, set Group
Footer to Yes.

You can now add a subtotal to the group footer section.
The Control Source will be something like this:
    =Sum([SumOfValue])

"scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

IIS 7.0 Extensionless UrlRewriting (Short urls)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/6592d2d4-bbf4-4ecd-93df-52898c6aa5d7/iis-70-extensionless-url.aspx
0
kanyuta
5/12/2010 4:48:47 AM
Yes, Reports handle subtotals quite nicely.

If needs must, a union query can also provide subtotals, but performance
with large tables might not be to your liking. However, it would look like
this (you cannot create union queries in Design View - you must use SQL
View):

SELECT Location, Person, Sum(Value) As Total,
0 As Sorting
FROM tablename
GROUP BY Location, Person
UNION ALL
SELECT Location, 'Subtotal', Sum(Value),1
FROM tablename
GROUP BY Location
ORDER BY Location,Sorting,Person

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

0
Bob

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

Pivot table subtotals 100%
This is what I want: Apples ...

Excel, ODBC and creating queries
Does anyone know of a way to create a query based on values or formula in a spreadsheeet? Thanks in advance, J -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com From reading between the lines of your post, I am guessing that you have an Access Database with which you want to create a query based on a spreadsheet. If this is the case, you will need to open your database and in the tables section of your databse , right mouse click in the area showing your table names, and select "Link Tables" from the menu. Once you have followed the rest of the steps in the link wizard, a...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Not all recipients receiving email from Query Based Distribution list
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 (SP1) in native mode. I have a query based distribution group which includes both mailbox and contact recipients. In all there's about 1000 users included altogether. When we use this distribution group we find some users are reporting they're not receiving the email. We have investigated this and the claim does seem to be correct, even though the users in question do appear in the query-based distribution group preview. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or does anyone have any idea what could cause it? Thanks, Curtis. -- Please re...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

How do I print query parameters on the report?
I'll try to keep this short. I have created a query with multiple parameters. I want to print reports showing invoices to a specified customer between certain dates. When I run the query, it is set up to enter the customer name first, and then type the beginning date of the invoice period, and then type the ending date of the invoice period. I have that part down okay. When I print the report, I want the date parameters that I typed in for the query to appear on the printed report. I created a text box in Design View on the report, and for the Control Source, I entered the sam...

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

Controls Name value not typename query
Greetings I have the code below where I would like ALL but ONE of fields to have the text set to BLANK and made visible. How can I add a statement to only set X.Text and X.visible values if it isnt ME.combopatient?? I've look at the functions under controls and can see how I can directly access the control name. For Each X In Me.Controls If TypeName(X) = "TextBox" Or TypeName(X) = "ComboBox" Then 'If not comboPatient then do the following ... X.Text = "" X.Visible = False Else comboPatient.En...

Access and Accessibility
Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? "Risikio" <Risikio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF54007-6C65-444E-BC25-84C90173AE8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing > accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? As far as I know, all the Windows accessibility features are available in Office. Speech recognition improves with each version. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://w...