access 2007 - carriage returns, square box characters

I am new to Access 2007.  In previous versions of Access, I was able to run
an update query to place carriage returns in place of square box characters
that were showing up after importing Excel spreadsheets into the database
(Article ID 210372).  Unfortunately this solution does not appear to work in
Access 2007.  Perhaps I am missing something?  Has the code for the module
changed or the string in the update query?  Any help would be greately
appreciated!

A2007 uses the same CrLf for new lines.

Are you sure the code is running? By default, no code runs in A2007 unless
your database is in a trusted location.

To trust your folder, click:
    * Office Button (top left)
    * Access Options (bottom of dialog)
    * Trust Center (left)
    * Trust Center Settings (button)
    * Trusted Locations (left)
    * Add new location (button)

"VaTech2k" <VaTech2k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am new to Access 2007.  In previous versions of Access, I was able to run
> an update query to place carriage returns in place of square box
> characters
> that were showing up after importing Excel spreadsheets into the database
> (Article ID 210372).  Unfortunately this solution does not appear to work
> in
> Access 2007.  Perhaps I am missing something?  Has the code for the module
> changed or the string in the update query?  Any help would be greately
> appreciated!

0
Allen

E-Mail Address with French Characters
I attempting to create an e-mail adrress with French=20 caharacters (Fran=E7oise), but it will not allow the =E7=20 character. I keep getting an Invalid Character error=20 message. How can I create this e-mail address? Thank you. Jim itest@colorlabcosmetics.com "Jim" <itest@colorlabcosmetics.com> wrote: >I attempting to create an e-mail adrress with French >caharacters (Fran�oise), but it will not allow the � >character. I keep getting an Invalid Character error >message. > >How can I create this e-mail address? I don't think that trying to use...

Restricting access to note attachments

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

word 2007 document prints every other line of text.
word 2007 document started printing every other line of type as of yesterday. Document shows okay in print preview, but prints incorrectly. If Print Preview appears OK and you are using an Inkjet printer, I would suspect that you have a problem with the ink nozzles in the printer. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bh" <bh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2A0B201-CA31-4482-B538-B...

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Access Database In Great Plains

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Link in Text box
I have text box links to data in the worksheet in 2003. When I open the file in 2007 the links do not update. How can I get 2007 to automatically update the text boxes without reestablishing the links? ...

Outlook Web Access #19

Mocrosoft Outlook 2007
I have had my computer for about 3 months and all of the sudden everytime I reply to an email in Outlook it freezes up the whole program. The only way to unfreeze it is to restart my computer. Any help out there. I have a Dell desktop wtih Vista. Do you have a program called Outlookaddinsetup in Control = Panel->Programs->Uninstall? If yes, uninstall it. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Donovan ask...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

Return Value from Match and Double Lookup
Hello, I have 3 rows of information in one tab (temp): Question_ID, Respondent_ID, Answer_Value. I have a second tab (Detailed Report): Respondent ID (row) and Question ID (column). I would like to match the Respondent ID and Question ID in the Detailed Report tab with the Respondent_ID and Question_ID in the temp tab, returning the value of Answer_Value from the temp tab to the corresponding empty cell in the Detailed Report tab. Not all combinations in the Detailed Report tab will match in the temp tab (there are more combinations possible in the Detailed Report Tab than in the temp t...

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...