very basic MS access 2007 (button click no read issue)

I added  2 text fields and a button to a form in MS access 2007. and i went
to the code builder and tried to add values to the text fields .

ex:

textBox1.text = "name"

i coded this to the button click event.. but some times after i get an
error.. the button click property never works...

so i have to create a new form and redo it. can some one tell me why this is
hapenning , and tell me a way to prevent this..

In Access, you can only use the text property if the control has the focus.
Instead, try:

textbox1 = "Name"

or

textbox1.Value = "Name"

----
HTH
Dale

"loc_p" wrote:

> I added  2 text fields and a button to a form in MS access 2007. and i went
> to the code builder and tried to add values to the text fields .
>
> ex:
>
> textBox1.text = "name"
>
> i coded this to the button click event.. but some times after i get an
> error.. the button click property never works...
>
> so i have to create a new form and redo it. can some one tell me why this is
> hapenning , and tell me a way to prevent this..

Directory Access Tab in Exchange Server grayed out
We recently had aour backplane crash in our Exchange 2003 server. We replaced the backplane and restored exchange from a tape backup. Most things are working fine, however we are experiencing two annoying problems. In system manager, we navigate down to servers and select our server and properties, we get the following message "Information about Directory services could not be entirely obtained. Check to see that the Microsoft Exchange Management Service is running on the Exchange 2000 or Exchange Server 2003 Server."We click ok to that and click the Directory access tab and ...

Outlook Web Access 2003 New Mail Notification Problem
Hi there: In Outlook Web Access 2003, the new mail notification pop up does not appear. In Options, both "Display a notification message when new mail arrives" and "Play a sound when new mail arrives" are checkmarked but I still do not receive a notification. Have to rely on F5 to refresh. Please advise. Regards, Bob How often does your Outlook check for messages? It will only notify you when it checks. If it checks every 24 hours... "BCITStudent" <BCITStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DDA0D13-7A66-42B0-...

ADFS basics
Hey all, I'm using (trying) to use ADFS to logon to my SAML 2.0 parter. In essence I would like to use AD as my source of truth. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues with my logoff and trying to troubleshoot. One super basic question, the directory /adfs/ls which is used as my logoff URL (and logon URL) has a default document setup as default.aspx which does not exist. Question 1: How does pointing to the adfs/ls directory alert ADFS to which action I'd like to perform? It obviously works but I'm not sure how ADFS know whether to pop a logon screen or go...

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

switching from office prof. 2007 trial version to 6 month prepaid
CAN I CONVERT MY DOWNLOADED TRIAL VERSION OF OFFICE PROFESSIONAL 2007 INTO 6 MONTH PREPAID SUBSCRIPTION Lose the caps and no, not in the US. Consult Microsoft in your locale to see if they offer a subscription options. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, YOGESH CHITALE asked: | CAN I CONVERT MY DOWNLOADED TRIAL VERSION OF OFFICE PROFESSIONAL 2007 | INTO 6 MONTH PREPAID SUBSCRIPTION ...

Automating Emailed Reports from Access
Hi, I have a database to track appointments for consultants. What I need to do is run a report for each consultant and email their individual reports to them. I'd like to be able to do this from one command button on the main form. Any ideas how I would do this? Thanks r. The way I have done this in the past is to: 1. Add an unbound textbox to your form (you can hide it). 2. Create your report, and have the query that supports it based on that unbound text box (consultant). 3. Then, in the code behind the Click event of your command button, create a recordset of consultants (SELEC...

Exchange 2007 rules, copy of emails
Hello, I have to copy all emails received from Internet to one user mailbox to another local backup mailbox. But not internals emails. Something like that : Emails from Internet to User-1 --> copy in mailbox backup-1. Emails from Internet to User-2 --> copy in mailbox backup-2. Emails from Internet to User-3 --> copy in mailbox backup-1. Emails from Internet to User-4 --> copy in mailbox backup-1. Emails from Internet to User-5 --> copy in mailbox backup-2. .... But, for example, emails send by User-1 to User-2 should not be copied to backup mailbox. Is the...

Visual Basic Macros, relative position
Dear Experts, I am making a report, and I have a set of data, in a very looong row: MKT_VAL NET_ASSETS TOT_ASSETS 46 51 51 6233 6228 6228 Over 100 fields. I need this data to be changed to run down a column. MKT_VAL 46 6233 NET_ASSETS 51 6228 TOT_ASSETS 51 6228 I tried to make a macro to do this. It would be run after I copied and pasted the three column cells into another area. Sub ShiftNullData() ' ' ShiftNullData Macro ' Macro recorded 11/14/2006 by Rodger Lepinsky ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q ' Range("A18").S...

Outlook 2007/2010 with Windows 7
I want 2 seperate accounts for outlook so one or the other can't read the others mail, contacts etc. Please help "Bream-Dreamer" <Bream-Dreamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C76CD82-DAAB-4D67-885F-4736CA2C5410@microsoft.com... > I want 2 seperate accounts for outlook so one or the other can't read the > others mail, contacts etc. Please help Use separate Windows User accounts, making sure that they are Standard Users with strong passwords, and not Admins. The only way really. ...

currency issue
I am using Money Deluxe 2007. I have an issue regarding the currency of trades. For accounts in another currency other than the base currency, when I enter transaction into those accounts, a screen still pops up and asks me convert back to the base currency. Since the currency of trade in the account is not the base currency, there's absolute no need for such. I remember this problem to be ongoing for a long time, I am surprised Microsoft has not fixed this. ...

MS Office has encountered a problem . . .
I must have done something to a form or its code. Seemingly all of a sudden when I close my db I get the above message. I've run into this message a while back and decompiled successfully solving that issue. This time I cannot get past it. It appears the db is working fine up until closing when the error occurs -- and it occurs only if I have opened a specific form that has subforms. (Yes, they are linked properly.) If I don't open that form the db closes properly. When the error occurs I check my tables and all my work has been saved. Seems not a problem -- but...big but. ...

Unable to Edit MS Query
I have an excel file that has multiple queries. Previously, I was able to edit these queries. Now when I try to edit the query I get no response. I am connecting to Oracle and have the necessary TNSNAMES.ORA file in place. Is this a know issue? One client I do work for gives me "rights and access" to certain corporate databases for mining. However, they are restricted not only to my login, but only from my one assigned computer. I write a program using my accesspath and password and it will not work if I give the file to another employee......we must then re-establish the &q...

Try this critical pack from MS
--qlrgxorjnyzi Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="snsrhqecxttdqqx"; type="multipart/alternative" --snsrhqecxttdqqx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kdkwkzuywlqqod" --kdkwkzuywlqqod Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "May 2004, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilit...

Basic Visual Basic
I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi as a starting point: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to learn VB for Excel, but I need to know a good free site for > help and to read up on it. Can anyone help me? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

VC++6 OLE export to MS Project
I didn't know which group to use for this question, so I have chosen 3. Hope I haven't annoyed anyone!... I'm using VC++ 6.0. I am writing an export facility to MS Project. I have exported a bunch of tasks to MS Project. I have exported resource information and successfully attached resources to the tasks. Question 1: I have had to do this all by guess work as I can't find any help system anywhere that says which methods do what and what parameter types to use. Is there a help system detailing what methods are available to C++ through OLE, as I am sick of having to randomly ...

Wiener Access Stammtisch (Nr. 78): Einladung f�r den 13.04.2010 ("Pizzeria Fantastica" Kagraner Platz)
Wiener Access Stammtisch http://access.primary.at/ access.st.wien@gmx.at Liebe Accessler, ich m�chte Euch hiermit zum 78. Wiener Access Stammtisch einladen. Termin: Dienstag, 13.04.2010, ab 19:00 Ort: Lokal "Fantastica, Pizzeria", Wagramer Stra�e 154, A 1220 Wien ------------------------------------------ Fantastica, Pizzeria http://www.fantastica.at/ pizza22@fantastica.at pizzeria@fantastica.at 1220 - Wagramer Stra�e 154 Restaurant, Italienische K�che Telefon: 203 75 39, Fax: 209 15 21 �ffnungszeiten t�glich 09.00 - 23.00 Gastgarte...

access all my contacts everytime i send an email
I just update my outlook and everytime i send an email it opens a box wanting to know if i will let someone look at all my contacts. I don't know if i have a virus or it is just a bug with the update. Thanks david david <davidkirschenbaum@yahoo.com> wrote: > I just update my outlook and everytime i send an email it > opens a box wanting to know if i will let someone look at > all my contacts. I don't know if i have a virus or it is > just a bug with the update. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Brian Tillman ...

Access newsgroups through Outlook Express
Hi, silly question, how do we connect to these newsgroups using outlook express. I tried to connect to Public.microsoft.com, but with no luck. It finds the server but can´t download the list. ideas? I connect through news.microsoft.com. -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB12CBBC-BC6B-4D29-9856-0DD080124123@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > silly question, how do we connect to these newsgroups using outlook > express. > I tried to connect to Public.microsoft.com, bu...

How to hook maximize/restore button in system menu
I need my application to hook (intercept) when the user has clicked "restore/maximice" buttom, so that the behabiour of the window will not be the standard one, but customized (the button will make the window bigger or smaller, swapping between two possible sizes of using it, but there is no use in a whole-screen-window) To get this my code should be executed before the actual maximizing/restoring of the window, and after my code has been executed this maximizing/restoring should never happen. Which window messages should I catch to get this? Thanks a lot!! Ricardo. You need to ...

Access and Groove
I am looking for tips on using Groove to share Access 2007 databases. I have been successful adding a file to a workspace but I have not found a reference to Access in the Groove literature yet. How well does Access play with Groove? (I know that I have to turn off blocking.) Is the best way to determine which records were changed to use an audit trail? What is the maximum Access file size that should be shared? Are there any security conflicts with Groove's encryption? Are there an synchronization issues? Comments about personal experiences will be appreciated. Thanks. LDN ...

Outlook hangs when responding if MS Word as editor
Hi All, In the last couple of weeks I've not been able to use MS Word as editor for email responses as it is causing Outlook to hang. This happens at my office too. Thoughts? tia, Gil More specifically, it is seeking MS Word 2003, which is the version I use, but Outlook cannot seem to find it. Word and Outlook seem to be working fine otherwise. And it seems Outlook uses MS Word fine when directly originating an email from my computer, ... just not when *responding" to an email that has arrived. ?? Any ideas? Perhaps I should re-install Outlook, ... but it seems to be...

New page
In some situations you may want to lock the fields on a form unless the user explicitly choose to update the transactions. While you could set the forms Allow Edits property to false this doesn't work for subforms. Other wierdnesses happen but I can't recall exactly what right at the moment. This solution shows how a call to a public subroutine passing a few parameters handles this situation. http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/locking_fields_on_a_form.htm -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messag...

Sorry
Hi guys, apologies for such a basic question. In my defence I'm not really a c++ programmer, and when I have dabbled, I've used MFC. I've got a call to an external DLL I'm using LoadLibrary to get. I've declared the call as : lpFUNCTION MyFunc(CString p1, CString p2, short* retVal, CString* retText) if I call it : short retVal; CString retText; iRet = MyFunc ("123456", "12345678", &retVal, &retText); - it works fine. Unfortunately this DLL is being called from a non-MFC app. So I;ve tried : lpFUNCTION MyFunc(char[] p1, char p2, short* ...

I cannot write in Tamil in Outlook2007 but can in word 2007
I am able to type in Tamil in all of the MS office 2007 suite except Outlook 2007, cannot understand why. Anyone has an answer please. thanks ...

MSP VBA Basic Help Needed!
I'm trying to add common text names from a Text Column in MSP-07. I'm using Rod Gill's book to learn VBA for Office and primarily MSP and have also emailed him specifically about whether or not MSP-07 is even capable of accomplishing the simple report I'm needing. Basically I have a column (Text26) with some specific verbage which will be standardized and used for several real schedules in our standard template with our company. The verbage is simply: * Early Delivery * Late Delivery * On-Time Delivery * Not Delivered The verbage is calculated as a formula...