VBA Reference Libraries-Access 2003 vs 2007

I'm in the process of converting from Access 2003 to Access 2007. When I
converted my 2003 db to 2007 the VBA code would not run. I changed the
Reference libraries in 2007 to match what I had in 2003 and then the code
worked. I'm looking for some clarification on what the difference is between
my 2003 set up and the default set up for 2007. What is the difference in the
libraries?

All of the references were the same in 2003 and 2007 except for the following.

2003
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library

2007
Microsoft Office 12.0 Access database engine Object Library
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3

I deleted the two references for 2007 shown above and put in the DAO 3.6 in
their place and the code works.

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 07:00:19 -0700, djf <djf@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

"...would not run" is not very descriptive. Can you be more specific?
Is this perhaps a Trusted Location issue?

I don't know how "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
Extensibility 5.3" got in there, but it is not a standard library and
not needed for most applications. I'm 99% sure your app will still
compile (Code window > Debug > Compile) if you uncheck it.
"Microsoft Office 12.0 Access database engine Object Library" includes
DAO (which you can see from the Object Browser when checking and
unchecking this library). My DAO code works just fine with it and I
don't have to check DAO 3.6 which is from the 2003 timeframe.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I'm in the process of converting from Access 2003 to Access 2007. When I
>converted my 2003 db to 2007 the VBA code would not run. I changed the
>Reference libraries in 2007 to match what I had in 2003 and then the code
>worked. I'm looking for some clarification on what the difference is between
>my 2003 set up and the default set up for 2007. What is the difference in the
>libraries?
>
>All of the references were the same in 2003 and 2007 except for the following.
>
>2003
>Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library
>
>2007
>Microsoft Office 12.0 Access database engine Object Library
>Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3
>
>I deleted the two references for 2007 shown above and put in the DAO 3.6 in
>their place and the code works.
0
Tom
6/4/2010 2:14:36 PM
If you're still using the MDB file format, use Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object
Library

If you use the new ACCDB file format in Access 2007, you need Microsoft
Office 12.0 Access database engine Object Library

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"djf" <djf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm in the process of converting from Access 2003 to Access 2007. When I
> converted my 2003 db to 2007 the VBA code would not run. I changed the
> Reference libraries in 2007 to match what I had in 2003 and then the code
> worked. I'm looking for some clarification on what the difference is
> between
> my 2003 set up and the default set up for 2007. What is the difference in
> the
> libraries?
>
> All of the references were the same in 2003 and 2007 except for the
> following.
>
> 2003
> Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library
>
> 2007
> Microsoft Office 12.0 Access database engine Object Library
> Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications Extensibility 5.3
>
> I deleted the two references for 2007 shown above and put in the DAO 3.6
> in
> their place and the code works.

0
Douglas
6/4/2010 2:33:40 PM
"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in

> If you're still using the MDB file format, use Microsoft DAO 3.6
> Object Library
>
> If you use the new ACCDB file format in Access 2007, you need
> Microsoft Office 12.0 Access database engine Object Library

I don't think this is correct. Isn't the DAO reference pointed to
the A2007 version of DAO when you run the MDB in A2007?

OK, I just tested, and I'm wrong. But I'm actually surprised since
the ADO reference is for the database engine you're using, and if
you're using A2007, you're using ACE, right?

Or is all interaction with MDBs handled by Jet 4, and not by the
ACE?

I don't have a machine with A2007 and no earlier version of Access
installed to test, but I'd be interested to see what the results are
in opening an MDB from an earlier version with the DAO 3.6
reference.

I just tested creating an MDB in A2007, and it uses DAO 3.6. I can
manually replace the DAO 3.6 reference with the new one, but it
doesn't do it by default.

Hmm. A lot of my assumptions about the ACE may be wrong...

David
6/4/2010 6:12:18 PM
"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> If you're still using the MDB file format, use Microsoft DAO 3.6
>> Object Library
>>
>> If you use the new ACCDB file format in Access 2007, you need
>> Microsoft Office 12.0 Access database engine Object Library
>
> OK, I just tested, and I'm wrong. But I'm actually surprised since
> the ADO reference is for the database engine you're using, and if
> you're using A2007, you're using ACE, right?
>
> Or is all interaction with MDBs handled by Jet 4, and not by the
> ACE?

I believe that all interactions with MDBs is handled by Jet 4, not ACE.
Thinking about it, that's probably how I would have done it to ensure
consistency with older versions.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele
Co-author: Access 2010 Solutions, published by Wiley
(no e-mails, please!)

0
Douglas
6/4/2010 6:40:13 PM
"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in message

> I believe that all interactions with MDBs is handled by Jet 4, not ACE.

I also believe my grammar is getting attrocious now that I've finished
writing the book. <g>

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele
Co-author: Access 2010 Solutions, published by Wiley
(no e-mails, please!)

0
Douglas
6/4/2010 7:51:00 PM
"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in

> "David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet@dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> If you're still using the MDB file format, use Microsoft DAO 3.6
>>> Object Library
>>>
>>> If you use the new ACCDB file format in Access 2007, you need
>>> Microsoft Office 12.0 Access database engine Object Library
>>
>> OK, I just tested, and I'm wrong. But I'm actually surprised
>> since the ADO reference is for the database engine you're using,
>> and if you're using A2007, you're using ACE, right?
>>
>> Or is all interaction with MDBs handled by Jet 4, and not by the
>> ACE?
>
> I believe that all interactions with MDBs is handled by Jet 4, not
> ACE. Thinking about it, that's probably how I would have done it
> to ensure consistency with older versions.

It's not how they did it with any previous version of Jet, but it
does allow the abandonment of ULS in the easiest possible way.

I have to change my usual spiel on replication support, though, as
I've assumed the ACE supported it, just not for ACCDB. In light of
this, it seems likely to me that it isn't a file format issue, but
baked into the ACE.

David

Q: Changing default Body+ font in Outlook 2007
Hi, my default font in Outlook 2007 for New Mail Message is set to Calibri (Body). How can I change it to be default Arial (Body) for New Mail Message or whole Outlook, it is same for me? I don't want to change default font to Arial (I want to change the body font). Thank you in advance, M. Hi, Tools/Options/Mail Format/Staionary and Fonts/ Personal Stationary. Hi, how do I change the +Body font from there? (at that screen I only know how to change font to Arial, but that is not what I want to do, I want the font to remain +Body, but instead of being Calibri I want it to be A...

new groups, contacts not in GAL (outlook/SBS 2003)
Hi everyone. This is driving me insane. I have an account with outlook 2003 and the "Use cached exchange" option is off. I also repeatedly press F9 to no avail. My contacts and universal dist groups that I have created on the server just do not show up. I can email them fine if I fully specify the name (ie: mydistlist@mydomain.com), but I don't see them in the GAL! I do have one lone contact that DID get in the GAL, but I haven't a clue why or what is different about it. Does it matter in the "Active Directory Users and Computers" where you create thes...

delay sending out all emails outlook 2003
How do I permanently delay sending out all emails for 2 minutes if I realize there is an error or I forgot an attachment? Use Rules. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070508.htm http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up080508.htm#3 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

Spam/Virus Filtering for Exchange 2003 -- Recommendations please?
I just upgraded from Exchange 5.5 site to an Exchange 2003 site. However, I still have my 5.5 server acting as the SMTP Gateway, as that still has Norton AV on it. We called about the 2003 Norton AV, and it was prohibitavily expensive, and we already have the 5.5 edition paid for with the service updates (I guess that don't give discounts if you already paid for 5.5 version). So, an recommendations for an Anti-Virus and Spam server that I can use on Exchange 2003 that works well? Thanks! Blake Orange County Library System Orlando, FL "Blake" <anonymous@discussions....

Exchange 2003: Free/busy problem
Hi, All of a sudden as of a couple of days ago, when anyone in my exchange org tries to invite people to a meeting, a message displays when they try to check the other person's availability that says "No free/busy information could be retrieved" What I noticed that may have changed is that the public folder that apparently used to house this information is gone. So I followed instructions on microsoft's website to reset the system folders. Once that was done, I restarted the info store on all the servers in the admin group... but I still get the "no free/busy&...

Service Pack for Office 2003
Just in case you don't know, SP1 for Office 2003 is available.About 18MB download - bit of a bummer on dial up but I managed it, and it seems stable enough of course! Don't know specific fixes. Dave http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2004/up040804.htm#sp1 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips...

Money 2003--Trial
Hi, i am very curious about that do we need to activate Money 2003 trial version. Can anybody get back to me as soon as possible. thank you very much regards -- ron I am surprised a 2003 trial version still works, as it is date restricted. If you're installing it for the first time, then you'll need to reset the clock on your PC to allow it to work. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not r...

Browseable GAL in OWA 2003?
Is there a tweak or code that allows a browesable GAL on OWA 2K3? Thanks in advance. http://www.messageware.com/products/pluspack2003.html "Stella" <No@nospam.com> wrote in message news:RdidneDYuv5do-jenZ2dnUVZ_sqdnZ2d@rogers.com... > Is there a tweak or code that allows a browesable GAL on OWA 2K3? > > Thanks in advance. > > > Ok, well I sort of found a work around. After clicking the To: button to get into the GAL search, I just hit the Spacebar once in the Display Name field then click the Find button. Our entire GAL shows up in the results fie...

Exchange 2003 and 5.5 Similarities
Does anyone know of good documentation on the similarities beween Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 5.5? An example would be: Exchange 5.5 uses one Information Store that is a single .edb file; Exchange 2003 uses multiple storage groups home to multiple databases - each is one .edb file and one ..stm file. ...

Excel 2007
Original post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/23fa6398a8747c97/b01098814db13a95?lnk=gst&q=excel+2007+cut+off&safe=images# I'm having this exact same issue!! It's been driving me insane and the IT Help Desk people at my work are useless. Does anyone know anything about this??? I ended up figuring out that it only occurs when you change the font size of the text. Anything below or above the default 11, and it doesn't matter which font (I have tried default Calibri, Verdana, Arial and a few others). I have not tried chang...

How many tables .. in Access 2007 .. are there limits ?
Hi, Is there restriction for number of table in Access 2007... what are maximum number of tables can be used..? thanks in advance... Dr. Khalak Check HELP. Search for specifications. You are allowed to have up to 2048 tables open at one time. And 32K objects total in a database. So there are restrictions. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010 The Hilltop Institute University of Maryland Baltimore County Ahmed wrote: > Hi, > > Is the...

Online banking access
I downloaded Mocrosoft money home and business and trying to set up the banking and credit card information for online access. Although I have active online access to the bank and credit card, it continuously tells that "Currently, the account set up is unavailable. Please try later again"(banking) and " you don't have online access to that financial institution"(Credit card). I tried many times and this problem persists. I went to online troubleshoot where I didn't find any solution for this. could anyone kindly give me the solution for this? Thanks "...

implementing S/MIME control in Outlook 2003
I want to be able to drag and drop attachments using Oulook 2003 web access. When I go to help it says that I need to implement S/MIME control. I've looked all over for instructions and can't find any help. Is there anyone who knows what I'm talking about and can help? Thanks, John ...

Access 2000 Support
Will Access 2000 be supported by Microsoft for next 5 years ? Thank you Regards Imran No. In fact, if you check http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?p1=1265, you'll see it's already off Mainstream support, and Extended support will stop 14 July, 2009 For details about Microsoft's support lifecycle, start at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=lifecycle -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Imran" <Imran @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6DFB923-6477-4130-92BE-586E887A93D8@microsof...

Printing monthly calendar in Outlook 2003
When I print a 2-page monthly calendar in Outlook 2003, it prints 1 or 2 months beyond the date range I have specified. I set 'print exactly one month', print on 2 pages. and then the dates -- the 1st and the last of the month I want. And then the printer spiots out 4 to 6 pages --- the month I want, plus two months I haven't asked for. What's happening? ...

How to Access description of a Form object
Hi Folks, I need some help in VBA coding.. I have an application in which my backend data is stored in SQL Server 2005 . Front end has been written in MS-Access 2002, so it is obvious that the front end is an Access Database which contains forms, reports and queries. My current task at hand: There are forms and sub-forms in the front end database. Only the form objects and report objects have "description" on them apart from the "form.Name". I need to write the code snippet to read the front-end database and display the form and report Descriptions of only those object...

SBS 2003 faxes not showing in fax console inbox
Hi all, SBS 2003 SP2 / Supramax 56k USB modem. As of 2/11/2010 no faxes show up either in the sent or inbox folders in the SBS Fax console. Client is able to send and receive hard copy faxes with no problem from their workstations (XP Pro). I have checked the permissions of the inbox folder- Administrators and Network Services have full control. I created another folder with the same permissions called(Inbox1) still no copies of received faxes Nothing in the event logs around that date indicate a fax problem of any kind. I also restarted the server but the problem still exi...

Excel Queries using Access data
Im trying to create a query from within Excel. When I select new database query and select a database which has no securtiy login/password, no problem, works fine. However, when I try to source the data from a database which I have created using user logins/passwords it says that I do not have admin privilages to use the database even though I am putting in the correct login/username in the popup window? Please can anyone help? I've had limited experience with this sort of thing but I've always had to strip out the protection on the Access Database and create a copy before suc...

Publisher 2007 Birthday card jpg rotation problem
I'm running SP2 MSO and selected the Birthday 4 template. It's a side fold card template. I wanted to change the image on the front (page 1) and the inside left (page 2). I had two jpgs on my computer, so I used Insert-Picture-From File... . In each case when they were inserted, I need to rotate them CCW 90 degrees, so I grabbed the green dot rotate handle and rotated them so they were right side up (they were flowers). I then added a text box above each one. The print preview showed the correct orientation of the flowers with respect to the text above them for both page 1 and pag...

How do I add a Web Access Account to my Outlook at home?
That sounds strange, but I'm a student at a university that has given me an Outlook Account on Web Access for the purpose of receiving school mail, mainly school-wide announcements and information from professors. However, I find the online version to be very limiting and I'm not familiar with the newer versions of Outlook (haven't had it since about 1996 or so). I need to know if I can access e-mails recieved on my Web Access account in my Outlook program at home... Also, maybe if this is possible I won't have to do that... Can I organized e-mails on Web Access? I k...

Mail Merge and Access format of telephone number
I use mail merge for a directory using Access for my data. The telephone numbers that are formatted in Access (555) 642-5555 aren't retained but come in to merge as 555642555 so I have to go to each one and put in the (xxx) 666-666. Is there anything I can do to retain the Access format of the tele numbers??? -- Terry50 See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "terry50" <terry50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12784D...

enable OWA 2003 "filter junk e-mail" with policy?
Hi, We're using GFI Mailessentials to filter messages spam and move messages to the user's mailboxes junk mail folder. The only problem is that every individual user would have to enable this junk mail filtering in OWA - options. It would be nice to have this enabled by default, or enable this with a group policy, but I can't find anything on that ... :-( Peter My understanding is that the GFI feature to forward SPAM mail to the User Junk Mail Folder has nothing to do with Outlooks or Exchange 2003 Junk Mail Feature. We use it and have disabled the Automatic Junk Mail Fea...

Converting access tables to XML for use in .NET web app
I need to access tables in an .mdb file and convert them to XML for use in my ..NET 2.0 web application. Can anyone point me to any tutorials or references on how to accomplish this? (Note: I am using VB) Thanks! ...

Anti-virus software disabling Money's internet access
I tried to open my Money file today (Plus Premium) but it immediately balked about not being connected to the Internet. After doing some checking, it turns out that ZoneAlarm had quarantined some part of the Money programs. If you suddenly find that you can't get online, you might want to look at this: http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=Antivirus&message.id=30787 "Digid" <Digid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D333774-BB66-4B5D-879C-D48BFB19B872@microsoft.com... >I tried to open my Money file today (Plus Premium) b...

row reference
i would like to sum a series of numbers in columnB and put in cell C1. which rows to sum depends on hard inputs in cells A1 (13) and A2 (29). in other words, i want to sum the numbers from B13 to B29 in this case. i know i can do this by setting C1 to: =sum(b13:b29), but the rows to sum will be changing frequently. next time A1 and A2 might be 9 and 36, respectively, thus summing cells B9:B36. i do not want to manually change the formula in C1 every time i change A1 and A2. i also do not want to create a macro. any thoughts? thanks, mike allen A couple of ways =SUM(INDEX(B:B,A1):IND...