Using the Google Calendar .net API from an Access application

I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my schedular
entries to my Goggle calendar?

OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
>calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my schedular
>entries to my Goggle calendar?

It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the
Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and
figuring out how to execute those from within Access.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Tony

From here:
    http://accessjuancots.blogspot.com/2008/11/calendario-y-avisos.html

It is in Spanish, and I've only got A97 installed here, so I can't tell you
any more about it.

(david)

"OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
> calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my
> schedular
> entries to my Goggle calendar?

0
david
1/11/2010 10:19:09 PM
Thanks Tony,
I should have been more specific. Google already has a well documented .Net
API for it's calendar, see

http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/client-cs.html

so, my question is really, how to use .Net from within Access?

"Tony Toews [MVP]" wrote:

> OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
> >calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my schedular
> >entries to my Goggle calendar?
>
> It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the
> Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and
> figuring out how to execute those from within Access.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> Tony's Main MS Access pages - http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
> Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/
> For a convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files
>   updated see http://www.autofeupdater.com/
> Granite Fleet Manager http://www.granitefleet.com/
> .

Awesome!
Thanks David, this should help tremendously.

"david" wrote:

> Have a look at this:
>     Puedes instalarlo desde aquí
>
> From here:
>     http://accessjuancots.blogspot.com/2008/11/calendario-y-avisos.html
>
> It is in Spanish, and I've only got A97 installed here, so I can't tell you
> any more about it.
>
> (david)
>
> "OP" <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle
> > calendar. Would it be possible to use  .net from Access to send my
> > schedular
> > entries to my Goggle calendar?
>

> .

Problem with dxdiag and fullscreen applications
Hi there! I have a problem with my new computer that many people had, but couldn't find a solution that works for me. The problem shows in two ways: First, the Direct3D test of dxdiag is aborted with a message that it was canceled by pressing a key - but I didn't press a key, my keyboard works flawlessly and I don't have any strange keyboard driver or additional tools installed. Second, some fullscreen applications like Age of Empires 2 or Milkdrop, when the application changes the resolution (e.g. the AoE menu uses 800x600) the application is minimized and can...

Creating a link to open an application...
We have an Access 2000 application that we wna to have automatically generate emails to users. In the body of this email, it would be nice if we could provide a link the user can click on which would then open up the Access application (the user may or may not have the application open at the time), and possibly bring up the record in question they want to be viewing ( a cust service job#). The email notifies the user there is a customer service related issue they need to look into. Each cust service issue is assigned a number, so if we could somehow pass the job# to the Access app from the ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

outlook or freeware calendar
My mother in law is in a nursing care facility. My wife is coordinating the schedules for each of the many family members to visit and take care of her. My wife (and I) use Outlook XP for personal calendars. Both of us are at a loss how to send our outlook calendar (in weekly view mode) to our various email correspondents. Is there a freeware program which will accomplish the same thing. The only way to achieve what we want to do that I can think of is to screen capture the calendar window, save the file and attach the file (jpg/bmp) to each correspondent. This seems to me to be a crude i...

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

How Import Calendar from Palm III???
I can't figure out how to transfer my Palm III organizer calendar and addresses to Outlook 2000. Any suggestions? You need to install the Chapura PocketMirror software that is included on the Palm III CD - it is under Software IIRC. Once you do, go to http://www.chapura.com and download the free upgrade for the version that comes on the Palm CD. When you install the SW, ensure that you select to synch with the Outlook Calendar, not the Palm Desktop. >-----Original Message----- >I can't figure out how to transfer my Palm III organizer calendar and >addresses to O...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Using XML with ASP.NET

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Using secured OMA

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

Excel Pivot Table with Access
I have Excel Pivot Tables that link to an access database to pull only certain info. I would like users to be able to update their individual pivot table without being able to change the query to include additional information. When I disable pivot table use, the pivot table won't update on open. Thanks for any help. -- Jack ...

How to use interfaces

Calendar Report in CRM
I'm trying to write a report in CRM that will display data in a calendar format. I've been banging my head on this for weeks and I haven't turned up anything online. I have some dates with titles attached I just want a calendar to display those titles on those date. I wouldn't think it would be that hard but it is. Help! ...