Use a listbox to print different reports.

I would like to use a listbox to print different reports but I am not able to
program the VB for the print button. I think that with my limited logic that
it should go something like this.

Dim varItem As Variant

For Each varItem In Me!ListPrint.ItemsSelected

Print a corresponding report.

This is pretty vague, but perhaps someone might be able to point me in the
right direction.

Take a look at Allen's Tip on this subject at:

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-19.html

You might also be interested in the sample databases found at:

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=383&KW=report&PID=383#383
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=382&KW=report&PID=382#382
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=381&KW=report&PID=381#381
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

Prohock wrote:

>I would like to use a listbox to print different reports but I am not able to
>program the VB for the print button. I think that with my limited logic that
>it should go something like this.
>
>Dim varItem As Variant
>
>For Each varItem In Me!ListPrint.ItemsSelected
>
>Print a corresponding report.

If the items in the list box's bound column are the exact
names of the reports:
	DoCmd.OpenReport Me!ListPrint.ItemData(VarItem), ...

If the report names are not in the bound cloumn, then use
the Column property:
	DoCmd.OpenReport Me!ListPrint.Column(X, VarItem), ...
where X is the zero based number of the report names column
in the row source.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

The list box then needs to pull the Report Name, Id, Object Name and
WhereStatement with the later three hidden by playing with the column widths
as in 2", 0", 0", 0"

Then create a PRINT button with code that pulls the information from the
list box as in...

DoCmd OpenReport lstReports.Column(2),,,,lstReports.Column(3)

Where lstReports.Column(2) is the object name of the report and
lstReports.Column(3) is the where statement to apply.

The description comes into play by having an text box whose control source
is set to pull the description from the table using a DLookup as in

=DLookup("Description","ReportTable","Id =
[Forms]![formNameHere]![lstReports.Column(1)")

Where .Column(1) is the position of the Id field in the list box columns.

Then add code to the list box's onChange event that requeries the text box
for the description which will update the description as a different report
is pulled.

"Prohock" <Prohock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to use a listbox to print different reports but I am not able
> program the VB for the print button. I think that with my limited logic
> that
> it should go something like this.
>
> Dim varItem As Variant
>
> For Each varItem In Me!ListPrint.ItemsSelected
>
> Print a corresponding report.
>
> This is pretty vague, but perhaps someone might be able to point me in the
> right direction.

0
David

Reports issue #2
Hi all, I have two different CRM setups, and I'm running through the same issue. It's impossible to generate reports from CRM. Here are the configurations : 1) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0, and a windows server 2003 w/ SQL 2005 & Report Server 2) Windows Server 2008 w/ CRM 4.0 and SQL 2008 with Report Server Both Windows2k8 are domain controllers, and in the first setup the two servers are in the same domain. My report services are running with the network service account. When I want to get a report from CRM, I got the following message : "Reporting Error. The repor...

Option to select printer B4 printing Payables Checks
Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to select a printer after clicking print. From print payables checks In 7.5 when they would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to select a printer to send their checks to. Now it automatically goes to their defaulted printer. How do they set up the option in 9.0? Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress the printer dialog box. This should solve your problem Best regards Mike "TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

E-Mail Report
I see alot of answers to E-Mailing a report, but I can't find anything to send an E-Mail with the report data being in the body of the E'mail, I don't want to send the report as an attachement. Can this be done? Thanks DS ...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

Include two different page orientations into one document
I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. Please help! Rotate the text and images on one page 90�. Or, create two files. -- Don Vancouver, USA "forest3girl" <forest3girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DADE117-0B7B-4ADF-B4FF-196CC4639ACC@microsoft.com... > I have publisher 2000 and I need to include 2 different documents with 2 > differnt page orientations (portrait and landscape) into one document. > > Please help! ...

using forms

Problems with accessing Reports in CRM 3.0

Using Spanish on Publisher

Printing Problems (cells printing on top of one another)
When printing cells are merged together like the they have been shifted up half a row height. This problem is restriced to one user on one system (Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000). The problem is same on a single sheet workbook or a multi sheet workbook. The printer setting keep reverting back to 11 sheet tall by 1 sheet wide. This produces an unclear image through print preview. You can manually reset the default to 1 sheet wide by 1 sheet long which corrects the print preview but not the printed output. I avoid merged cells like the plague - full of problems. I guess that you ...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

cloning canned smartlist report into smartlist builder
Hi, Can anyone tell me a way to clone a smartlist report into smartlist builder (so we can build upon that?) Thanks! There is no way to do this. You will have to recreate all the canned SmartLists in SLB. I wrote a product feedback to deliver the canned SmartLists as standard XML files that can be loaded and deployed into SmartLists a while aback and you can feel free to join in and vote to add this feature. https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamics/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=360762 Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maxi...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Printing a bcc
How can I print my email showing my bcc recipients? What version and from where are you trying to print? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After a lot of head-scratching, sequin32 asked: | How can I print my email showing my bcc recipients? ...

scatter plots using pivot table data

Using resources, how to ?

Allow temporarily use of right click

Calendar Report in CRM
I'm trying to write a report in CRM that will display data in a calendar format. I've been banging my head on this for weeks and I haven't turned up anything online. I have some dates with titles attached I just want a calendar to display those titles on those date. I wouldn't think it would be that hard but it is. Help! ...

How to use interfaces